• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2012
good to see your making a lot of progress on LC! but personally i think u shud change the level for pokemon like machoke, kababra, ect to evolve from 60 to something a little more reasonable NOT trying to complain seeing how they shudnt be able to evolve in the first place but at the end of the day there not all dragon type or anything so 60 seems a little bit out there...but its your call ALSO seeing how u really want LC to be out this year u shud just release it at like 12:00am on christmas (if u havent planned to do that alrerady) it seems like the perfect gift for all the people who look like they would have a nervous breakdown if u dont release LC in 2011 lol

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Might I ask which ones particularly?

Violet City has the G/S/C tiles
Blackthorn City has red and purple lava and G/S/C tiles
The floor for Goldenrod seems to stand out.

Just a pallette change would make it look a bit better.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2023
good to see your making a lot of progress on LC! but personally i think u shud change the level for pokemon like machoke, kababra, ect to evolve from 60 to something a little more reasonable NOT trying to complain seeing how they shudnt be able to evolve in the first place but at the end of the day there not all dragon type or anything so 60 seems a little bit out there..

I agree, you should make them evolve around 45 :)

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
good to see your making a lot of progress on LC! but personally i think u shud change the level for pokemon like machoke, kababra, ect to evolve from 60 to something a little more reasonable NOT trying to complain seeing how they shudnt be able to evolve in the first place but at the end of the day there not all dragon type or anything so 60 seems a little bit out there...but its your call ALSO seeing how u really want LC to be out this year u shud just release it at like 12:00am on christmas (if u havent planned to do that alrerady) it seems like the perfect gift for all the people who look like they would have a nervous breakdown if u dont release LC in 2011 lol

Already changed the evolution methods for all of those Pokémon. They are lower too, and should all work. I'll find out when I test them all.

Violet City has the G/S/C tiles
Blackthorn City has red and purple lava and G/S/C tiles
The floor for Goldenrod seems to stand out.

Just a pallette change would make it look a bit better.

Those tiles were straight revamps I did from the GBC, although I tried to use existing pallets to compensate for the lack of palette space seeing as a lot of things are shared. I think I might look into making them look nicer or do a palette change.

Well heres the updated list:

• insert and fix all music
  • add text descriptins for map landmarks
  • do the class split
  • add all new ows, battle and pokemon sprites
  • water animation
  • trainers from trainer request
  • anything else i missed (the dudes list, fix revamp tiles, anything i think of from now until the release)

Last edited:

pirateof7sea

I shall crush your hope even if there is none.
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Hope your Pokemon Sprite that show Pokemon stand nicely without opening mouth roaring(charizard's is ugly).

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2012
By Any chance did you incorporate the National Park's Actually theme this time...Just wondering because that s my favorite Pokemon song :)

linkandzelda

Years
Well another update. There's only 3 things on the list now. Things are progressing really quickly.

• Fix and insert the remaining songs
  • Fix a few bugs
  • Insert all the graphics for the beta

That's all before I start to test everything. I also decided that the trainer request people will go in the orange islands after this beta, so island 2 onwards which are not included in this beta.

Link

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Sweet! You do realize that when/if you finish you will be the first one to have all the orange islands on gba, right? I was begining to think that there was a curse on all the hacks that tried to put the orange islands in, making them all stop development. Link, you are the only one who can break this curse!

R3D X

Dark Robin
Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2012
keep going laz!!!! i've checked this thread everyday for a year just for this update!

linkandzelda

Years
Just a clarification for the 3rd time or more, the Orange Islands in LC will be a total of 6 islands not the full set of them like in the anime. They go by the name "Orange Islands" because they are loosely based off of the original Orange Islands series with island names and some events too. Just for the 3rd, 4th and 5th time don't expect to be playing the anime in LC. Just remember that I've already done something bad by doing the GS ball event, even though it's 3 years in the future. The events I will plan for the future will also be based on some of the animus events but won't be chronologically correct.

Not to mention that the events and other town names will *not* represent the anime at all they are custom events with a custom plot.

Lastly, there's only 1 island in beta 3.1 with the final 5 islands following in the final beta sometime next year. Yea it's a fact it won't be another 3 years before you see those 5 islands hehe. Infact you will be seeing them much sooner than you guys think xD

Link

Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2012
Already changed the evolution methods for all of those Pokémon. They are lower too, and should all work. I'll find out when I test them all.

You always seem to be on top of everything. im gonna do something that completely out of my character and make a donation! never really done something like this before so a little help from anyone would be appreciated.

Back