The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire have been announced! Discuss the remakes of 2003's best Game Boy Advance games! (Are some of us seriously that old?)


Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #126    
Old November 19th, 2011, 05:37 AM
Dark Azelf's Avatar
Dark Azelf
ThisWillBeTheEndOfEveryth ing.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooka View Post
Well, 4th gen one thing I loved to play was full stall. This gen Reuniclus came, and literally nothing in full stall beats it. Stall Celebi can't even Leech Seed, and Perish Song doesn't solve the problem, just gets rid of it for a little while, Jirachi loses to Flame Orb variants, the only thing Latios can do is Trick, but isn't built for stall anyways. So basically (As it has been said on Smogon plenty of times), I just have to quit playing full stall, or prepare to lose to CM Reuniclus. So now I have to throw in Ttar or Scizor where I need a cleric or phazer. So really, I just see Ditto as the same thing, people will just have to quit playing hyper offense or use Sub on their setup sweepers. Not like I want it to happen, but I didn't want to lose full stall either. xD
There is alot on full stall that can destroy CM Reuniclus. Taunt Deoxys-D, Taunt Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Sableye (who isnt useless like Tomb this gen anymore woo) to name just a few and all are very good Pokemon otherwise. Full stall is still possible especially now Excadrill and Thundurus are banned who absolutely slaughtered defensive teams. Ive gotten very high on the ladder with it. Infact id say things like Sableye, NP Celebi and Mew are more annoying for full stall. Also you say Perish Song doesnt do the job when it does. The simple fact you've forced it out with it doing 0 damage to Celebi stops it sweeping your team, do this until its their last Poke (you rack up hazard damage each time its forced out on the rest of their team) and you get a free kill and thus a win.

Also CB Tar is a crap Reuniclus counter tbh. 1. It cant even guarantee a OHKO on Runiclus. 2. Reuniclus used Trick Room/Focus Blast in general.

Reuniclus imo fits the uber characteristics because its exactly like Salamence last gen though, not because it solely beats stall. It will cost you a mon if you guess wrong on the set its packing (not even mence could do that last gen as its sets had one common check - steels) and its CM checks are TOTALLY different from its TR sets bar Jira and Sp.def Scizor (maybe Sableye too). The TR set will crush 90% of the CM counters and really hurts offensive teams and utterly reverses momentum so in a way its detriment to both offense and defense with its sets.

Pokemon CAN and have been banned for making a play style unplayable. One of the main arguments for Exacrill's ban was that you couldnt play HO with it around (it also really hurt any team without Gliscor essentially and that extends to stall with its "un-blockable Rapid Spin" and sheer power but yeah). Yanmega was also banned in gen 4 UU because you couldnt play HO with it around.

Lastly with Ditto its not that hard to stop unless you set up 6 times KNOWING they have one (Team Preview ftw) in which case you lack brain cells lol. Ditto is a revenge killer as it cannot switch in due to its horrific defenses/hp so you just need to switch to resists if it comes in to revenge and you haven't moronically set up 6 times early game before its eliminated which is asking for a reverse sweep tbh. Ditto is also extremely easy to wear down with no lefties, SS and SR damage actually, plus if you actually expect it coming in to stop your sweep (read: suicide for the ditto user) just attack on the switch. On a positive note it stops noobs DDing 12 times. ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
So here's something that opens it up to the people that aren't "omg competitive so srs" (): Is your favorite Pokemon good competitively? Did you pick that one for its battling abilities whatsoever?

is good competitively I think but I didn't choose it as a favorite because of that, it just happened to work out quite nicely. :3
Alot of my favs are good competitively but i didnt pick them for that alone.

Azelf, Omastar, Victreebel, Qwilfish, Weezing and Cacturne are all really good in the lower tiers whilst Ferrothorn, Jellicent, Cloyster and Skarm are all excellent in OU.
__________________
Pair x [23:25] =Sanguine: take meh with your mighty staff

Last edited by Dark Azelf; November 19th, 2011 at 05:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #127    
Old November 19th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Ooka's Avatar
Ooka
<3
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Challenging The E4
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Ooka
Was a little tipsy last night, so some of my arguments were coming from being intoxicated. Regardless of all that, I completely agree with everything da said, just didn't think about Deoxys-D because I keep forgetting it's not Uber anymore.

And my favorite Pokemon is Salamence, sucks it's SR weak now, but it remains my favorite and seems to do pretty well competitively (Though I'll admit I next to never use it).
Reply With Quote
  #128    
Old November 19th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Mr Cat Dog's Avatar
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: London, UK
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
So here's something that opens it up to the people that aren't "omg competitive so srs" (:P): Is your favorite Pokemon good competitively? Did you pick that one for its battling abilities whatsoever?

is good competitively I think but I didn't choose it as a favorite because of that, it just happened to work out quite nicely. :3
I know nothing about competitive battling, but Aerodactyl's awesome speed can't be bad... right? I like it so much mainly because of said awesome speed, but also because of its cool typing and funky design.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #129    
Old November 19th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Zeffy's Avatar
Zeffy
bowties are cool
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Philippines
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cat Dog View Post
I know nothing about competitive battling, but Aerodactyl's awesome speed can't be bad... right? I like it so much mainly because of said awesome speed, but also because of its cool typing and funky design.
Aerodactyl can be used in competitive battling, yes. It was one of the most used leads back at 4th Gen iirc. :3
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #130    
Old November 19th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
I really wish Aerodactyl got Brave Bird and Head Smash. It's really fast and with a solid Attack stat and no recoil from those strong moves (120 and 150 bp respectively - that's a lot!) it'd be very good imo. ;-;
__________________
aka Zebraiken | pairs; Ω & ζ | bffl; λ | now; Ϟ | twin; ξ | brother; φ | sister; Ψ | neeks; Ϫ
Reply With Quote
  #131    
Old November 20th, 2011, 05:47 AM
Overlord Drakow's Avatar
Overlord Drakow
-CONQUERER
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hell
Nature: Serious
I rock and roll with Hydreigon as my favourite due to his Dark / Dragon typing, my two favourites. He also reminds me of the Yu-Gi-Oh card Five-Headed Dragon which pretty much nothing can rival in terms of raw attack and defence stats.



Look at this Pokedex entry as well.

"The heads on their arms do not have brains. They use all three heads to consume and destroy everything."


They use all three heads to consume and destroy everything.


To consume and destroy everything.


DESTROY EVERYTHING!!!


__________________
"Power through ambition." - Overlord Drakow
Forum Set // Pair

Last edited by Overlord Drakow; November 20th, 2011 at 05:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #132    
Old November 21st, 2011, 09:19 PM
Ooka's Avatar
Ooka
<3
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Challenging The E4
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Ooka
So, favorite underated set?

Mine is CB Ferro, I love doing 40%+ to Rachi with Gyro Ball when it comes in to Trick. I run it on my rain stall to throw people off even more, while netting OHKOs on things that would normally cause it problems. (Bulldoze on Magnezone is my favorite, though Balloon sucks)
Reply With Quote
  #133    
Old November 21st, 2011, 11:28 PM
Forever's Avatar
Forever
let it go
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: http://goo.my/server
Age: 22
Gender: Female
...lool I used really bad sets when starting out (so not really underrated), now I mostly stick to what Smogon does BUT probably the only thing I'm doing differently is using an Acrobatics Sand Veil Gliscor with Taunt on a non-sand team. It works so well because with Acrobatics people don't really expect Taunt, which is wonderful for Ferrothorn etc, and while they try to attack I get an SD up and depending on what it is, can generally kill easily (aka EQ for Ferro/Forry and boosted Acrobatics) and I use it with Sand Veil because with Taunt, Gliscor doesn't really get poisoned and nobody WOULD generally poison a Gliscor outside of sand, and the fact that sand is a common weather type, so it makes Gliscor all the more useful. :3 And due to Gliscor's speed and with Acrobatics it usually OHKO's often giving me a free kill for everything non-neutral to that.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #134    
Old November 22nd, 2011, 12:27 AM
Captain Fabio's Avatar
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: London, UK
Age: 24
Nature: Lax
WELCOME TO VIDEO GAMES EVERYONE!
Darkrow gets a +1 for posting Hatebreed.

What games have sucked the life out of you all recently?

For me? Fifa '12 and Skyrim! D:
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #135    
Old November 22nd, 2011, 12:30 AM
Oryx's Avatar
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Skyrim Skyrim, gotta get down in Skyrim :x My friend pirated Skyward Sword but I haven't seen him play it at all yet haha.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #136    
Old November 22nd, 2011, 01:05 AM
Celestial Daze's Avatar
Celestial Daze
Holiday Alt. = Holidaze
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Brazil
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Skyward Sword
I love it,the mechanics are awesome,a must buy to everybody
Reply With Quote
  #137    
Old November 22nd, 2011, 01:08 AM
Captain Fabio's Avatar
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: London, UK
Age: 24
Nature: Lax
I think this is one of the few games that I look forward to the glitches.
some of the ones I have seen are golden.

My favorite is still when you go against a giant and if you are low levels, you get hit and FLY UP into the air! XD
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #138    
Old November 22nd, 2011, 01:10 AM
Celestial Daze's Avatar
Celestial Daze
Holiday Alt. = Holidaze
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Brazil
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Which games is that?
This time of the year, prices will skyrocket ...
Reply With Quote
  #139    
Old November 22nd, 2011, 09:35 AM
Netto Azure's Avatar
Netto Azure
<<38th Generation Sun Knight>>
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Holy Temple, Kingdom of Forgotten Sound
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
I might try out this Skyrim.

But I just got all these DS games to try out. Uguuuuuu~
__________________
Grisia Sun
Class: Sun Knight
LV. Moderator








“The benevolent God of Light will forgive your sins.”

Reply With Quote
  #140    
Old November 22nd, 2011, 09:41 AM
Oryx's Avatar
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Fabio View Post
I think this is one of the few games that I look forward to the glitches.
some of the ones I have seen are golden.

My favorite is still when you go against a giant and if you are low levels, you get hit and FLY UP into the air! XD
I was talking to an NPC once and a mammoth tried to walk behind her...we were in the woods and every huge step he took made him literally climb trees. A tree-climbing mammoth hahaha.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #141    
Old November 22nd, 2011, 02:17 PM
Champion Lunis's Avatar
Champion Lunis
Go Go, Vivillon, Go!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The River
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
looking forward to receiving super mario 3d land!!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #142    
Old November 22nd, 2011, 02:58 PM
Oryx's Avatar
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Is that any good? I remember when I first got my DS I got the DS Super Mario game and I wasn't that impressed. I never liked the original-style side-scroller Mario games, they were always too hard and too boring for me so I would quit lol. Is that was the 3D one is like?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #143    
Old November 22nd, 2011, 03:16 PM
Champion Lunis's Avatar
Champion Lunis
Go Go, Vivillon, Go!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The River
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
In all honesty, I don't know much about it XD. I just know I'm obsessed with Mario games and I'm getting it for free. So, it can't be too bad with those conditions.Haha. from what I have seen though,
It seems to be a lot like the free roaming Mario games of the big systems with more structure in where you go. Sadly it will be after christmas before I can fully speak on it.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #144    
Old November 22nd, 2011, 03:25 PM
Ephemeral Euphoria's Avatar
Ephemeral Euphoria
Warrior Of The Abyss
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Amongst The Stars In The Night
Nature: Quiet
Been meaning to get one of the Blazblue games now, not sure whether I should get the newer or older ones TBH.
__________________
From this Hell I shall make a Heaven.
Reply With Quote
  #145    
Old November 23rd, 2011, 01:30 AM
Captain Fabio's Avatar
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: London, UK
Age: 24
Nature: Lax
Is it bad that I plan to play Fifa '12 for an hour or so, then Skyrim for the rest of the night, then end up playing Fifa '12 ALL NIGHT! XD

Woops. Curse the transfer season... so addictive! :3
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #146    
Old November 23rd, 2011, 01:44 AM
vaporeon7's Avatar
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Everyone is scaring me about Skyrim. My brother ordered it online and now I'm scared that I'm not gonna get anything done.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #147    
Old November 23rd, 2011, 06:27 AM
Oryx's Avatar
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Fabio, I don't understand that. In FIFA, you play soccer. In Skyrim, I just ate a human heart. What in the world is POSSIBLY more fun about FIFA?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #148    
Old November 23rd, 2011, 07:35 AM
donavannj's Avatar
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Minny, Minny, USA
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
Fabio, I don't understand that. In FIFA, you play soccer. In Skyrim, I just ate a human heart. What in the world is POSSIBLY more fun about FIFA?
Believe me, running a soccer franchise is very addicting. Oh so very addicting. Partially because of the competition aspect of it.
__________________

Under Construction
Reply With Quote
  #149    
Old November 23rd, 2011, 07:35 AM
Sora's Avatar
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Under Red's Bed
Nature: Gentle
Meanwhile, while everyone is playing Skyrim, I was playing Tales of Symphonia to distract myself from Tales of Symphonia the Animation. Yeah, that didn't work out to well in the end. ;A;
__________________
BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
MY DREAM WILL BE FULFILLED
Reply With Quote
  #150    
Old November 23rd, 2011, 12:42 PM
Oryx's Avatar
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
You know, Skyrim will distract you from that better...

Although up until just now I totally thought it was an anime, not a game :x
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 0



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 06:21 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.