• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Ceil

Regarding graphics...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

marcc5m

what
Years
[a id]topp[/a id]
ceilcopy.png

[a id]In[/a id]Intro

Since this part isn't necessary for acceptance, I'll edit it later so I can get the thread posted then sleep.

[a id]st[/a id]

Story

I always dread this part because I never know what to write. Basically, the main character wakes up in a cave, and can't remember anything but his name. He is discovered by the Champion of the currently nameless region and is given a Pokemon to get out of the cave. Once the player is out, the champion takes back his Pokemon, and directs the player to Professor Linden. The professor thinks that the best way for the player to regain his memory is by journeying the region with one of three Pokemon; Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle. However, the evil Team Colossal are trying to awaken the legendary Pokemon Regigigas. What is their goal? Will the player be able to stop them? Find out on the next edition of...POKEMON CEIL!

[a id]fe[/a id]

Features

New tiles but fun gameplay, which is pretty much non-existent nowadays.
Pokemon from all regions.
Achievements, such as finding a trainer's lost Pokemon.
Puzzles and mini-games like Braille and fishing contests.
Hopefully custom sprites for all Pokémon.
Seasonal and D/N changes.
More stuff but don't be nosey.

[a id]me[/a id]

Media

Seesons.png

Errors have been fixed.

[a id]Cr[/a id]

Credits

Spherical Ice
Dr. Fuji
Seiyouh
Diegoisawesome
HackMew
Wichu
JPAN
Deadrocks
Chaos Rush
Tool makers
GameFreak

[a id]Bu[/a id]

Bugs

Currently no door animations. This will be fixed when I figure out how.
Pokedex is glitchy when you catch something, probably a battle background error. Unsure how to fix.

[a id]Re[/a id]

Releases

Watch this space.

[a id]Us[/a id]

Userbars

Currently none.
Copyright Fireworks 2010-2011

Last edited:
Years
Generally, this is looking quite nice. I just hope you continue working on this, rather than showing us some really nice screens/videos, and abandoning it forever :D

The graphics are very different/non-Pokemonly, but in a good way (ie. they're working well). And aside from the errors and whatnot- I'm aware you've fixed them though- I'm sure the mapping will be very nice, as it seems fine already. Good work, keep it up! or I'll ban you

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years
Wow. this looks really great, just wondering why you get a level 25 Larvitar, eh I guess I'll find out eventually. Can't wait to play it! :)

Edit: WOW DERP. Should have read first lol.
Anyways I like the battle background thingy (lol) and that Starly sprite, looks so good :P

Last edited:

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
A Spheal as a starter? But it has 3 evolutions (unless you're planning to add Mngnemite and Rhyhorn's extra evolution). Either add 'em, or replace it with Snorunt. I've always liked him :3

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Graphics look a lot better in-game. Sand/grass tiles especially though.

And that ledge there, you did add a script. Thank god.

Good luck keeping motivated.

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Graphics looks great, probably the best aspect of this hack (as far as I can tell). I would suggest fixing up the clones and tile errors before you take those screenshots. That way, it'll look like you've put in a little more effort as well as add to the overall professionalism of the thread.

marcc5m

what
Years
Generally, this is looking quite nice. I just hope you continue working on this, rather than showing us some really nice screens/videos, and abandoning it forever :D

The graphics are very different/non-Pokemonly, but in a good way (ie. they're working well). And aside from the errors and whatnot- I'm aware you've fixed them though- I'm sure the mapping will be very nice, as it seems fine already. Good work, keep it up! or I'll ban you

Haha, yeah, I do that sometimes...

Thanks but you can't ban me because I'll...I'll...hi.

Wow. this looks really great, just wondering why you get a level 25 Larvitar, eh I guess I'll find out eventually. Can't wait to play it! :)

Edit: WOW DERP. Should have read first lol.
Anyways I like the battle background thingy (lol) and that Starly sprite, looks so good :P

Thankz.

A Spheal as a starter? But it has 3 evolutions (unless you're planning to add Mngnemite and Rhyhorn's extra evolution). Either add 'em, or replace it with Snorunt. I've always liked him :3

Don't be silly then it wouldn't be a type triangle.

Graphics look a lot better in-game. Sand/grass tiles especially though.

And that ledge there, you did add a script. Thank god.

Good luck keeping motivated.

Thanks.
Yes.

Graphics looks great, probably the best aspect of this hack (as far as I can tell). I would suggest fixing up the clones and tile errors before you take those screenshots. That way, it'll look like you've put in a little more effort as well as add to the overall professionalism of the thread.

Thankz.
They have been fixed but it was late at night when the thread was posted, I'mma do it now.

No update yet, busy playing Shattered Dreams, but I started re-mapping that ugly town.
Also not sure if anybody noticed, but look at the types of the starters, then the types of the regi's.

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
I'll wait to see how this goes. Good luck and motivation with it!

Just a note: I hope you're going to use new ow styles, like the fat guy in the 6th screenshot. They blend a lot better with the tiles you use. And i'm positive that you'll have minimum tile errors in your release.

Years
Any examples?

Small update but at least it's something:
PokemonCeil_09.png
PokemonCeil_06-1.png
PokemonCeil_08.png

Going to insert lab tiles and then do the starter script now...

Just a question, did you add Close Combat with the -Def + -SpD drop, or some other effect? Because in-game there is no effect for -def + -spd after an attack (is this making any sense ._.;)

marcc5m

what
Years
I'll wait to see how this goes. Good luck and motivation with it!

Just a note: I hope you're going to use new ow styles, like the fat guy in the 6th screenshot. They blend a lot better with the tiles you use. And i'm positive that you'll have minimum tile errors in your release.

Thanks.
Yup, they'll be changed eventually, though I can't guarantee that all will be before the first beta.

Screens look great, look forward to progress.

Thanks.

I think it's spelled Minccino :P
Nice screenshots you've got there, keep up the nice work :)

Yup, thanks for catching that :)

Here's a really meh banner I made. lol

ceilcopy.png

Are you kidding? That's awesome :O
Thanks, I'll add it to the OP right away :)

Just a question, did you add Close Combat with the -Def + -SpD drop, or some other effect? Because in-game there is no effect for -def + -spd after an attack (is this making any sense ._.;)

Yup, that makes sense. I made it -Atk and -Def.

PokemonCeil_01-2.png

At least it's something, right? xD
Anyway, more updates coming soon!

Years
(21:00:30) Marc: you haven't posted in ceil yet
(21:00:33) Marc: you have to
(21:00:38) Marc: you named it

yes folks, you heard it here first.

anyway this looks great etc., the Bidoof's body looks kind of...inflated, as if it had ate too much. The story is ok I guess, doesn't really tell us much but yeah, keep it up etc. :3

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
I'm going to join the 'good graphic' bandwagon and say that it's a darn-fine looking hack. The Bidoof sprite looks good, yet the body seem like a modifcation/cross between Rattata's Silver and RS Sprites! (lol)

Other than that, keep it up and looking forawrd to playing this!

ChaosJester083

Still alive
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 3, 2019
My first thought was really fireworks another one but so far it looks good so I will be watching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back