The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase

Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old August 12th, 2011, 07:52 PM
The Grubby Pup
Where's mah shiny squeaky ball

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to The Grubby Pup
Well, you're very welcome, friend. I do hope you have fun playin'

If you encounter anymore problem, please don't hesitate to tell me.

Happy gaming.
Old August 17th, 2011, 01:53 PM
PMniac

When i click to patch the Soul Silver rom, it appears a new rom that says patched, but it haves 0Kb
Old August 17th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Reno_Tarshil
Beginning Trainer

Bandit is that you? Didn't know you were on here.

-Bob
Old August 17th, 2011, 07:33 PM
The Grubby Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMniac View Post
When i click to patch the Soul Silver rom, it appears a new rom that says patched, but it haves 0Kb
Hmmm, are you sure? You're soulsilver game isn't pre-patch, right? Are you using Xenophobia's dump.

Try doing this, okay? Rename your rom Pokemon SoulSilver and try patching it again.

Or try downloading a clean one from emuparadise, I heard there roms are pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
Bandit is that you? Didn't know you were on here.

-Bob
Yep, straight outta GBAtemp. How ya like my alter ego? Grubby Pup.

LOL Stupid penname...I named it after a fat puppy I had back when I made this account.

You should try my other mods. They're just as awesome as my Black & White one. Nah, I'm not that self-centered, but you should try them anyways.
Old August 17th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Reno_Tarshil
Beginning Trainer

Check your GBAtemp pm's pl0x.
Old August 17th, 2011, 07:40 PM
The Grubby Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
Check your GBAtemp pm's pl0x.
Alright, I'm going there right now!
Old August 18th, 2011, 02:22 AM
PMniac

Yeah it's USA rom of xenophobia, and still not patch
Old August 22nd, 2011, 12:43 AM
The Grubby Pup

A slight update to the patches, peoples...Check it out when you're ready!
Old September 10th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Timejinx
The Pokemanic Jinx

Nature: Jolly
Hey Pup, I'm now trying to Patch Neo Soulsilver and i keep getting an error saying that the patched file isn't an actual game. Then it says that the image crashes.
Old September 29th, 2011, 10:16 PM
The Grubby Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timejinx View Post
Hey Pup, I'm now trying to Patch Neo Soulsilver and i keep getting an error saying that the patched file isn't an actual game. Then it says that the image crashes.

You mean, the rom crashes, right? I'm sorry, I don't quite understand your problem. Sorry if I seem slow, I've been away for awhile, I'm not thinking right. Anyways, Uhh...hmm...Did you make sure to apply the rudolph patch first, before patching the patch to the Soulsilver rom?
Old September 30th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Timejinx
The Pokemanic Jinx

Nature: Jolly
I did not apply the ruldolph patch at all. is it in the original file?
Old October 4th, 2011, 06:16 PM
The Grubby Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timejinx View Post
I did not apply the ruldolph patch at all. is it in the original file?
LOL Bro, sorry that it took me forever to reply. My punctuality sucks really bad.

Anyways, Nah, nah...I didn't included it in. But it's should very easy to find, just go to gbatemp, you can find it from there. Once you download it, apply it to the clean Soulsilver rom, then apply my patch afterward. The game should work...hopefully. If not, just PM me.
Old October 7th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Reno_Tarshil
Beginning Trainer

Since GBAtemp is down i'm finally going to try your Soul Silver hack.
Old November 10th, 2011, 08:06 PM
JakeTheSancho
Unhatched Egg

My Neo Soul Silver is not patching correctly. It just creates the 0 KB folder. What am I missing?
If I need a GBAtemp, is there anywhere else I can get one? Those links on the site don't work :/

Last edited by JakeTheSancho; November 10th, 2011 at 09:20 PM.
Old November 17th, 2011, 09:26 PM
The Grubby Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeTheSancho View Post
My Neo Soul Silver is not patching correctly. It just creates the 0 KB folder. What am I missing?
If I need a GBAtemp, is there anywhere else I can get one? Those links on the site don't work :/
Yeah, sorry about that. I noticed that, too. My computer recently died and I HAD to get everything back. Anyways, I guess that's a mistake from my side. Uhhah, I don't know why it doesn't work. It worked when I first made it on my old computer.

Here's a different link for ya: http://www.mediafire.com/?g683m427o64w2mn (Neo Soulsilver Only)

Oh, I guess should point this out. You might noticed your game freezing at the questionnaire part at goldenrod city. Or if you talk to Whitney, while she's still inside the Raido Tower. My bad, this is because the script change I did, obviously! To fix this just replace my script narc with game's original script narc (I think it goes a/0/1/2...I dunno, I halfta to get another PPRE to be sure)

Anyways, if that's too hard for ya, use a regular soulsilver rom. Rename it whatever you've named the patched rom and play it out through the script of the original rom. After that, resume playing with patched rom, you shouldn't encounter anymore problem...hopefully.

That was the only changed I made to the scripts. I THINK I know what I did wrong there, tho; it has something to do with Whitney's event being triggered after the questionnaire's final yes or no answser. -yadda, yadda, yadda-
Old November 19th, 2011, 10:24 PM
JakeTheSancho
Unhatched Egg

Thank you so so much sir! :D
Old November 20th, 2011, 05:02 PM
M4
Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!

Nature: Careful
I'm trying to play and all but my patched rom for Soulsilver stays at 0kb. Help? I am running administrator mode and waited a bit.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=286185
Old November 25th, 2011, 12:03 AM
The Grubby Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeTheSancho View Post
Thank you so so much sir!
Well, you're quite welcome. Anytime, dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4 View Post
I'm trying to play and all but my patched rom for Soulsilver stays at 0kb. Help? I am running administrator mode and waited a bit.
Are you sure? Did you download the patch link I put down when I replied to Jake's first post? That patch should work. Something is wrong with the Neosoul patch that comes with "My Mod Collection" Folder.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 12:33 AM
fallkitten
Running in the Shadows

Nature: Brave
Thank you for those awersome mods! I am playing Yin Black right now! It is so cool! There are sooo many pokemon in the grass. I don't see any bugs=) Now I decide to play Sol platinum. I'm thinking of catching my favourite torchic=) *switches the game and starts playing*
Old December 26th, 2011, 10:36 PM
The Grubby Pup

Thanks for the positive feedback, fallkitten. I really do appreciate you playing meh game. And I'm glad you really enjoyed Yin Black. Have fun playing Sol Platinum, if you're still doing that. Anyways, I'm sorry for not being around. I woulda replied to you sooner.

Anyways, I just wanted to stop by and announce that its gonna be a big update to Neo SoulSilver soon. I finally was able to fix the freezes that were occuring with questionnaire part in goldenrod city.

Expect this new version in the beginning of 2012...I just decided to add a few more thing, before actually releasing this patch.

And also, I'm sorry for all who played Neo Soulsilver and were experiencing the freezes. I promise this new one will be bug free...Well, that if you don't forget to apply the AP patch. LOL

Okay, that's all for today.

Later
Old January 5th, 2012, 08:32 AM
fallkitten
Running in the Shadows

Nature: Brave
I'll be waiting for the new neo Silver*__* sooo awersome*___* I like finding pokemon in the special shaking grass^___^ Got my little cutie axew this way*__* I tottaly like this game! I want to find moreeeee pokemon! It is fun! Cannot wait when I'll get surf. Water spots are waiting for me! =3
Old January 15th, 2012, 09:12 PM
The Grubby Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallkitten View Post
I'll be waiting for the new neo Silver*__* sooo awersome*___* I like finding pokemon in the special shaking grass^___^ Got my little cutie axew this way*__* I tottaly like this game! I want to find moreeeee pokemon! It is fun! Cannot wait when I'll get surf. Water spots are waiting for me! =3
Once again...Thanks for playing meh hack, Fallkitten. I'm really grateful, believe me.

Anyways, Yin Black/Yang White needs an update, like, crazy. LOL
...But that might take awhile...since I do all my editing through hex. Anyways, yeah...If I recall you can catch an Axew before you fight Lenora. It lives in, of course, shaking grass.

So, I just wanted to drop by and say the wait for Version 3 of Neo Soulsilver is now over. I've released the patch. You can find on my main page.

Anyways, just to clarify...I'm gonna write a short log on what's new.

Ahem...

Version contains...that which is listed below.

~Freeze Fixes: This includes- Goldenrod City Radio Tower, Violet City, when the man gives you a Miracale Seed and when meeting Baoba; the Safari Zone guy, for the first time.

~New Items can be found all throughout Johto/Kanto Regions. This also means some people might give you different items than what they usually give you.

~All Event Pokemon are now on new levels when encountering. Example: Sudowoodo will be on Level 25 now.

~Some Gym Leaders also gives out new TM when beating them. Of course, I had to change the dialogue, so it'll match up the TM they give them. If you find any dialogue that doesn't make with the item the NPC gives...please tell me, cuz I fix this.

~Even more new dialogue: Yep. I added a few more dialogue; hopefully you'll find it funny. I also repointed summa da messed up dialogue I did in my previous version

~I did a complete overhaul on the Pokemon stats and moveset: I pretty much completely revamped almost every Pokemon def and off stats and moveset, so it'll be a bit more balance...(All starters now have two abilities.

~Harder Trainers/Gym Leader: Every trainer...even the weakest of trainer, should at least be able put up some sorta fight. I jack up their AI...And this time, I actually did it. LOL

~Also included with the patch is the Rudolph's AP patch, so you can patch it your game, before patching my...um, well...patch.
Old January 16th, 2012, 03:28 PM
cane taker
Beginning Trainer

crashed at bellsprout tower
nvm got it to work, btw loving the mod

Last edited by cane taker; January 16th, 2012 at 06:13 PM.
Old January 16th, 2012, 07:35 PM
The Grubby Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by cane taker View Post
crashed at bellsprout tower
nvm got it to work, btw loving the mod
whew...that's good to hear. Are you playing on a r4 or an emulator? I'm not all that keen on how it might work on r4s. I only tested it on my emulator.

Thanks for playing, anyways.
Old January 16th, 2012, 09:12 PM
cane taker
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grubby Pup View Post
whew...that's good to hear. Are you playing on a r4 or an emulator? I'm not all that keen on how it might work on r4s. I only tested it on my emulator.

Thanks for playing, anyways.
i was playing on desmume emulator but i just loaded my last save went to bellsprout tower again and this time it worked.
btw i found a ralts and a magby at the route just before violet city was that meant to happen?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links