The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > Game Development Archive > Beginner's Lounge

Notices

Beginner's Lounge Just started your game? Come here to get help from experienced members, and to develop your game even further.

Old October 26th, 2011, 02:15 AM
juniebug910
Dragon of Light

Nature: Brave
This RPG is basically based on Super Mario RPG:Legend of the Seven Stars. The plot is that Jirachi's star necklace has broken into 8 pieces across the place where legends are born and live-Legend Fields. Darkrai knows the power of the stars, and tries to take them for his own. You choose one of the smaller legendarys to play as: Celebi, Mew, Victini, Manaphy, Rotom (yes it is a legendary), and Phione. As one of them, you try to get back the Star Fragments and stop Darkrai. However, sometimes you must go down to the regular Pokemon world and get supplies, you turn into a human then. This game, like Paper Mario, has 8 chapters, each having you battle a boss pokemon for a Star Fragment. And yes, it is 3D.

Any advice?

The girl you just called fat? She is overdosing on diet pills. The girl you just called ugly? She spends hours putting makeup on hoping people will like her. The boy you just tripped? He is abused enough at home. See that man with the ugly scars? He fought for our country. That guy you just made fun of for crying? His mother is dying. Copy and paste this into your sig if you think bullying is wrong. You never know what it's like until you walk a mile in their shoes. -Taken from chef30

Last edited by juniebug910; November 2nd, 2011 at 02:10 AM.
Old November 19th, 2011, 08:06 AM
jojo1250
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quiet
i dont realy know howd you would pull somthing like that off, buuuuuuuuuuut sounds realy intresting and definetly worth a shot!
check out my soon to be pending custom pokemon game im making for my little brother for his birthday! i am looking for someone to teach me RMXP/ROM hacking as i/we go on development if you can help post ther in my thread
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...49#post6929649
Old November 19th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Pia Carrot
Owner of Desu Soft

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo1250 View Post
i dont realy know howd you would pull somthing like that off, buuuuuuuuuuut sounds realy intresting and definetly worth a shot!
Well that's slightly rude. It's 100% possible given you're using the right scripts and/or scripting on your own. I never have really played SUper Mario RPG but I've seen screenshots. Mind giving us a little more info on your idea?

Old November 26th, 2011, 05:22 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Arms View Post
Well that's slightly rude. It's 100% possible given you're using the right scripts and/or scripting on your own. I never have really played SUper Mario RPG but I've seen screenshots. Mind giving us a little more info on your idea?
he didn't say it was impossible. HE just said he wouldn't know how to pull it off.
Anyway, Super Mario RPG was a good game!! You should try this idea, I'd be willing to help if you need anything. And if it is released I'll be sure to play!! Good Luck.
Old November 26th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Ratty524

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by juniebug910 View Post
This RPG is basically based on Super Mario RPG:Legend of the Seven Stars. The plot is that Jirachi's star necklace has broken into 8 pieces across the place where legends are born and live-Legend Fields. Darkrai knows the power of the stars, and tries to take them for his own. You choose one of the smaller legendarys to play as: Celebi, Mew, Victini, Manaphy, Rotom (yes it is a legendary), and Phione. As one of them, you try to get back the Star Fragments and stop Darkrai. However, sometimes you must go down to the regular Pokemon world and get supplies, you turn into a human then. This game, like Paper Mario, has 8 chapters, each having you battle a boss pokemon for a Star Fragment. And yes, it is 3D.

Any advice?
There isn't really much advice to give. The idea is certainly nice, but how is it going to play as a game? Are you going to try to emulate something similar to Super Mario RPG or what are your ideas?

Also, Mario RPG used 3D prerendered images as flat sprites, the 3D is just an illusion.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links