The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General > Pokémon Manga/Comics

Notices

Pokémon Manga/Comics Here you can talk about the manga (comics), discuss your favs, etc.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 7th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Oryx
open up your sea chart
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by shengar View Post
Who's gonna have their birthday this month? I expect heavy wave of fan arts when it happen.
Sapphire's birthday is this month, but considering her birthday has been around for a few years, I'm assuming that nothing special is going on this year. xD

'Hoy, small fry!
Old September 7th, 2011, 08:52 PM
shengar
♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post

Sapphire's birthday is this month, but considering her birthday has been around for a few years, I'm assuming that nothing special is going on this year. xD
aww, so sad since she's my favorite
I hope they quickly make Hoenn remake so I can get my teenage Sapphire right away

Pokemon is a Japanese RPG Made By a Japanese Developer With Japanese Audience in Mind I tell You
Old September 7th, 2011, 10:22 PM
chamo-chan
Plush maker :U

Nature: Naive
Well, you never know.

I end up finding tons of fanart of a specific dexholder when their birthdays roll around.

Not sure what we can do to celebrate though, besides fan art spamming.

Hi everyone.

~Plushies * DeviantArt~
Old September 8th, 2011, 05:00 AM
Oryx
open up your sea chart
Community Supporter

I'm still considering what could be done for people's birthdays, but I'm going to see participation on these next couple of events first to see what kind of fanbase would actually come back for events. Then it might be worth 6 events a year for joint birthdays :P

Edit: Maybe if there's interest, a fanart contest around each one, or just a mini trivia contest? I'm going to have to make a thread for all these ideas for events and things. xDD

Also, my new goal is to write summaries of all the PokeSpe chapters that don't have one on Bulbapedia. Done 423 and 424 @-@ so much work

'Hoy, small fry!

Last edited by Oryx; September 8th, 2011 at 11:39 AM.
Old September 10th, 2011, 03:13 PM
ForeverFlygon
Sarcasm is Wincasm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipiece View Post
Oh really? From what I see they improved it.

They clearly made Gold even more of a pervert by saying it was an accident.
Hmm, I see your point. I only flipped through it at the bookstore, but now that I think of it, the expression on his face completely gives away that he fully intended for it not to be an "accident"

I'm more popular on the WPRP forums. I'm the only other person there. EPIC PHAIL
http://warriorsprophecyrpg.proboards.com/index.cgi
Old November 29th, 2011, 10:30 PM
MatokoIp
Beginning Trainer

Yup ! Looking forward for the Kanto,Johto,Hoenn Pokedex holders meet up with the Sinnoh's. Hahaha !
Old December 23rd, 2011, 06:48 PM
chamo-chan
Plush maker :U

Guys. Guys. Today is December 24th (In Japan at least)
:3 it's Silver's Birthday.
Happy Birthday~

And for those of you that celebrate it.
Merry Christmas~ *jingles bells*
(I hope this doesn't count at thread necromancy.)

Hi everyone.

~Plushies * DeviantArt~
Old January 9th, 2012, 02:11 AM
Adventure
thief . of . light

There's a manga chitchat thread? *eyes twinkle* This reminds me of the old pokespe fanclub.

I never keep track of the dex holders' birthdays. I have enough trouble keeping up with my friends' birthdays xD

I would love to see the Sinnoh dex holders meet up with the others. If they aren't too young though... 17 year olds hanging out with 11 year old is maybe not so fun :F What timeline is the Sinnoh adventures in anyways? On TV they show the happenings at Lake of Rage, so it should be the same time as the G/S/C chapters, no? Meaning Dia, Pearl and Platina are the same ages as Crys, Silver and Gold :3 Hm, it would be hilarious if they met.

I can see Gold flirting with Platina but ending up friends with the happy go lucky Dia, Pearl and Crys finding common grounds (in seriousness and eagerness) and Silver and Platina becoming *friends* Hrm, no, what? Pairings? What is this pairings that you speak of.
Old January 27th, 2012, 12:54 PM
OSHAWOTTisMaJeStIc
...idk

[SIZE="a"]If I wanted to start reading the manga where would I get them at???[/SIZE]
Old January 27th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Oryx
open up your sea chart
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSHAWOTTisMaJeStIc View Post
[SIZE="a"]If I wanted to start reading the manga where would I get them at???
You can buy them over Amazon, or use Google if you want to read them online. Just search for the name of the series and you should be able to easily find the bigger ones.[/SIZE]

'Hoy, small fry!
Old January 27th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Adventure
thief . of . light

Yes, there are several sites on the internet that lets you read the manga directly in the browser. I'm not sure if it's legal :/ I know some bigger sites have taken away pokéspe because of complaints.
Old January 28th, 2012, 12:39 AM
Lolipiece
Burst Warrior

No. Buy them and support the creators.
Old January 30th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Netto Azure
<<38th Generation Leaf Knight>>

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipiece View Post
No. Buy them and support the creators.
Tehehehehehehe. Yes do so.

Anyways Volume 40 might be out by May. Funny how that happens while I ask for confirmation lulz.

“Sun, are you really all right? Does it hurt? Do you need help? Are you sure?”

Old February 22nd, 2012, 04:42 AM
shengar
♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥

Nature: Lonely
Don't know if they are still any people here, but I'm gonna post it anyway
One of the most awesome pokemon doujin I've ever read in my live

Pokemon is a Japanese RPG Made By a Japanese Developer With Japanese Audience in Mind I tell You
Old April 10th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Turn-it
Coordinator/Elite Trainer

Does anyone know when more chapters of Pokemon Reburst are coming out?
Old April 12th, 2012, 05:58 PM
loganlevitation
Beginning Trainer

Hey guys thinking about starting the Manga, been a huge fan of Pokemon for as long as I can remember, is it worth the read?
Old April 12th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Netto Azure
<<38th Generation Leaf Knight>>

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by loganlevitation View Post
Hey guys thinking about starting the Manga, been a huge fan of Pokemon for as long as I can remember, is it worth the read?
Most definitely. It helped solidify my liking for Pokemon again when I was getting back in the fandom back in 2008.

“Sun, are you really all right? Does it hurt? Do you need help? Are you sure?”

Old April 14th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Adventure
thief . of . light

Quote:
YES. If you've ever even slightly enjoyed an anime episode, you'll enjoy this so much more. There's an actual STORY behind things, the characters are well developed and actually age, and battles are much more creative than in the anime and *rambles about loads of other reasons why it's a good read*
Old May 17th, 2012, 01:53 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
I asked myself that same question a while ago, but now that I've started reading it, I find it hard to stop! So yes I would definitely recommend it.
Old June 1st, 2012, 09:15 AM
Oryx
open up your sea chart
Community Supporter

Happy Birthday, Blue!

As one of my favorite PokeSpe characters, I couldn't ignore her birthday :3

'Hoy, small fry!
Old June 2nd, 2012, 03:06 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
Blue! For existing even before female player characters were introduced, I wish her a happy birthday. :D

This makes me want to read the RBG arc once more. :3 Eh, I'll just settle with reminiscing memories of her. Let's see, Blue had an incredibly interesting past and continued in prominence throughout the older arcs. She also surprised me with her personality, and I really think it's a unique take on any female protagonist for the franchise. Plus her outfits look really cool.

I'm so happy she was in the RBG arc and oh man, the Yellow chapter just highlighted her role like whoa. But hey, she was the first main character with no anime counterpart here, so it's all the more reason to think how special she is. :)
Old June 2nd, 2012, 03:07 AM
Oryx
open up your sea chart
Community Supporter

I just wish that they didn't switch around the names in translation ;o; I always forget who's who, and it makes it hard to search for fanart and things like that (half the people label their images Blue, half Green). I JUST WANT MY BLUE FIX YOU GUYS

'Hoy, small fry!
Old June 2nd, 2012, 03:39 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
I just wish that they didn't switch around the names in translation ;o; I always forget who's who, and it makes it hard to search for fanart and things like that (half the people label their images Blue, half Green). I JUST WANT MY BLUE FIX YOU GUYS
That's true. It must have been hard to segregate the female Blue's art from the male's. If only the first pair of games themselves didn't get their names switched in the first place then this wouldn't be happening! Or if the logic that the rival absolutely has to have the opposite version name wasn't used. It's just hard to even talk to people about PokéSpe while each person has different names to call Blue and Green. D:

For vague referrals, you wouldn't even know which is which unless you know what translation the person reads.

As for which I prefer, Blue sounds better as a name for her imho. For the rival, Green.
Old June 7th, 2012, 01:53 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
She'll always be Blue to me. Plus I find it easier to remember because she uses a Blastoise, which is blue.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 11:43 PM
ThunderStone0505
Beginning Trainer

Can anyone translate Pokemon The Electric Tales of Pikachu into English? I found some chapter that in Japanese Language (.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links