The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General > Pokémon Manga/Comics

Notices

Pokémon Manga/Comics Here you can talk about the manga (comics), discuss your favs, etc.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 28th, 2011, 03:05 AM
Deliciousfruit233

Nature: Lax

Advertise here
I've only read up to about the middle of the RS arc, but here are my favorites so far:

Gold. This guy makes me LOL a lot. I just find him so endearingly doofy and clueless a lot of the time, and he has some hilariously bad screwups. However, he can be really awesome as well. He's very entertaining overall, and I can somewhat relate to him, since I've done a TON really dumb things.

Red. I like how he evolved a lot as a trainer. At first, he was very similar to Ash from the anime, but he eventually stopped being so obnoxiously immature (unlike Ash), and by the end, he seemed to have learned from all his experiences, and ended up being a really strong trainer. However, I don't like how he's showing up less and less with each arc. He always seems to just pop up at the last possible moment now other than a couple chapters of vague backstory explaining where he's been.

Blue (Green?). Very sneaky, yet cute and funny at the same time. However, she also seems very caring towards many of the other dexholders (like Yellow and Silver). Also, she always seems to come up with some battle strategy that I would NEVER have thought of. Interesting backstory as well.

Silver. You know, at first, I thought I was gonna HATE him. He started out as a complete jerk, and always seemed to hate everything. However, after a while, he started warming up to everyone else (like Gold), and it turns out that he wasn't really a bad guy after all. After his kidnapping was revealed, I figured that he was just trying to escape his past. Very interesting character.

I'm still kinda on the fence about Green (Blue?). I liked him at first. He started out as an arrogant ass, but eventually he matured over time, and deep down, I could tell that he was a pretty nice guy. I liked him throughout the RGB and Yellow arcs. However, in the GSC arc, he was probably the most boring character out of everyone (and not to mention he was pretty much mute almost the entire time).

Actually, I like all the characters. Maybe Yellow and Crys (spelling?) a little less because Yellow just seems a little too perfect, and Crys is kinda boring and goody goody. However, I don't hate either of them, and I can see why others like them. I haven't really read enough of the RS arc to judge Ruby and Sapphire yet.

Edit: Now that I'm a little more into the RS arc, I'm liking Ruby a lot. He's hilarious.

Last edited by Deliciousfruit233; October 3rd, 2011 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old October 17th, 2011, 05:07 PM
DexHolderBlue
The Sneaky Thief

Nature: Quirky
My username should tell you this, obviously. Blue (the girl) is my favorite Pokespe main character. She's so whitty and intelligent, and I think it's hillarious that she uses her looks to get what she wants from boys (well when she was younger she did, anyway. xD) I also love her entire history with Silver, who is my second favorite character. They definitely need each other, whether as siblings or whatever else. But their story is so sad and beautiful.

My third favorite character would have to be Green. Yeah, he's a bit of a jerk, but I like the guy. I honestly don't really know why; I just do. He's cool.

Banner made by kyogreblue3 at Serebii forums!

Happy October!~

"I'll be your dancing flower, dancing, I'll be your dancin' senorita, oh oh..."~
Old November 30th, 2011, 10:16 PM
MatokoIp
Beginning Trainer

My favourite characters in the Manga would be Diamond and Ruby !!
Diamond cause he's calm and always go well with everyone. Also,I love foods same like him.
Ruby cause he's like me.All I care about Pokemon is about beauty too.I always keep my Swarmpert to be in a Tough contest,Azumarill in the cute,Milotic in the beauty,Ludicolo for the smartness and Pelliper for the coolness.
Old December 2nd, 2011, 05:40 PM
PokemonSpecialLover
Beginning Trainer

Yellow, Green, Gold and Ruby. They're all bad*** in their own ways. Yellow is so cute but amazing at the same time. Green is just awesome period. Gold has his awesome comedy. Ruby.... What does the end of the RS chapter say? Theres the DP trio which I REALLY like. Their personalities are so lovable. Dia really stands out. But Blue must die. Shes evil. Green is so correct about the pesky girl thing. I also think Black is pretty cool. I just read the first volume of his chapter but hes awesome. XD

I have art that will burn your eyes. I animate POORLY there. I also intend on making an animated version of Pokespe. Which will turn out ugly.
Old December 4th, 2011, 02:54 AM
TakeshiHibari
Beginning Trainer

Diamond is just MADE. OF. WIN. He's so awesome!
Gold also deserves special merit, and so does Red. (Although Dia still has them beat, obviously)
For the girls, my favorites are Sapphire and Platinum.
Old December 23rd, 2011, 05:32 PM
chamo-chan
Plush maker :U

Nature: Naive
EDIT: Why I shouldn't be on the internet when I'm tired.
OTL
you saw nothing.
Anyway.
Favorite Character in Pokemon Special is Yellow
in DPA!, it's Mitsumi. :3;

Hi everyone.

~Plushies * DeviantArt~

Last edited by chamo-chan; December 23rd, 2011 at 06:47 PM.
Old January 9th, 2012, 02:01 AM
Doctor
& time lord

Nature: Naive
I've read a few pokémon mangas, but the only one I remember characters from is Pokéspe ^^

And I can't really pick a fav there. I used to be a total Gold fangirl, and I often say my fav is Crys just because so many seem to pick her as their least fav. But I've also realized I really like Ruby, despite the fact that he's overpowered in the sense that he's both a stylish coordinator and a good battler - while Saph only got to be a half-strong battler. Kind of. And I love Pearl and think that he and Platina would make a cute couple 8D

I think I'm babbling. So who's my favorite? Lance and Bill are also high on the list... I really can't decide. Let's say Pearl and Crys, one guy and one girl :3

I do like Black too, but not White so much... *babbles on*
Old April 18th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Myrddin
Beginning Trainer

For my Favorite Characters, I'm in the middle of the DP arc, so the male pokedex holder would be Red, as he figths for his friends, while the others draw inspiration to fight from endangered family. Also, he risks everything for his friends and pokemon, and doesn't give up even when he's hurt. I also really like Ruby, cause he is so awesome at different things, a master contestant, and a master trainer. For the female holder, its a tossup. i really like Platina cause how she grows from a bookworm to a great trainer, Blue, cause of obvious reasons, and yellow, cause of her great heart.
Old April 20th, 2012, 11:32 AM
coolcatkim22
Route 35, there I am.

Nature: Brave
I like Yellow the most. Ruby's my second favourite, third is a three way tie between Diamond, Pearl and Platina. Fourth is Red and every body else is fifth except for Blue and Sapphire who are sixth (sixth place, aka my least favourite).
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - The Dungeon Master/Ragewar
Old April 22nd, 2012, 03:39 PM
Aeyra
Beginning Trainer

Ruby is the greatest character eva! >:D He's cool, awesome, a great battler, beautiful, beautiful, and did I say beautiful? :3 He never ceases to entertain me- I've read the R/S arc at least 50 times now, and every time he can make me laugh, and at some points, cry. Sapphire is also awesome... I love her spirit and how strangely she fits into regular civilization. XD Green is really cool too. He's such a strong trainer, and so darn hot. :3 Pearl is great, I love how hyper he is, and his willpower. (he's so much better than Dia, who bores me to death and is the only Dex Holder I dislike. )
Old May 2nd, 2012, 05:31 PM
rpg man
My new account is Critx

Nature: Naughty
GOLD ! he is cool! Red is just awesome !!!! (RED IS NOT ASH ASH IS WEAK !!!) Blue and green and silver!!!! Epic!!!

I made a new account was cuz i didn't like the name RPg Man
Old May 12th, 2012, 09:53 PM
CarcharOdin
Master of The Universe
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
For Pokemon Special, I'd have to say Gold.

I don't know, something about him tells me he and I would get along quite well and he'd probably be a good drinking buddy if he was old enough.
Old August 3rd, 2012, 11:57 AM
Rodriguezjames55
No Jokes #MegaCharizard

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Rodriguezjames55
Gold perverse rash caring hes the best hence avatar and sig
Old August 9th, 2012, 07:51 AM
silverexorcist
Individualism in Normalcy!

Nature: Adamant
In Pokemon Adventures, my favorite is Wally. He's so underappreciated, but so awesome. His team actually follows a gimick (they're all green) and he has an awesome ninja masks for his asthma. Plus, the Pokemon he uses are some of my favorite in Hoenn. I knew he wasn't going to be Emerald for the manga, but I still wish he was.

My favorite girl is Crystal. I just enjoy seeing how she deals with Gold all the time and I love how she's an capturing expert.
Old August 22nd, 2012, 07:04 AM
Mentalii
Back

Nature: Gentle
My favourite female character, who's also my favourite character overall, is Blue. When I wasn't reading the manga, I already liked this character, since it was the mysterious girl who was suppose to appear in the first games, but finally didn't for some reason. This mysterious girl looking like a lass, but who was forgotten and re appeared in Leaf Green with a totally different appearance. So, she was arleady fascinating me. Then I discovered her in the manga, I loved her look, her personnality which is really unique. She would sometimes deserve a slap for the way she acts but, she's awesome. And I love her crafty side.
Then my favourite male character is Gold. A funny guy, who's adorable. I loved GSC version, so it was a real pleasure to read a story with my favourite protagonist ever in it. He's exactly how I imagined it would be. That's to say, an amazing character.

Old September 13th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Altomare
Purupuru!

Green (Female)-being crazy prepared is part of why I like her. Also the fact that she uses her looks to get what she wants...
Crystal-The very first arc that I read was the crystal arc, so she's become one of my favorites. Plus, she's good at capturing pokemon too.
Old September 17th, 2012, 05:23 AM
windy_leo
Unhatched Egg

The female dexholder i like most is Blue >v<. She's funny, intelligent and the female character that i like playing most in hack games.
Next are Crystal and Sapphire
Crys is skillful and kind. Sapphire is a wild, moe girl~~~
I don't like yellow so much cuz she's naive and I don't like that the author dignifies her.
For the male, I enjoy Green, Gold and ruby.
Green is cool and hot. Gold is amusing and playboy><, Ruby is amusing, too

Old September 25th, 2012, 04:55 AM
Altomare
Purupuru!

After reading DP....I found out I like the two bodyguards, Uji and Paka. Although at first they seem to be just there for comedic effect but they turn out to be competent battlers and even defeated Saturn.
Old December 13th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Rϵd
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful
My favourite Pokemon Special character is the guy on my avatar. Red. I love his personnality. My favourite FEmale holder is Blue. By Blue, I mean the girl. She's hot xD.

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server

Last edited by Rϵd; January 19th, 2013 at 11:51 AM.
Old January 30th, 2013, 08:48 AM
GreenBeece
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Calm
When talking about Pokémon Adventures it's hard to only choose one character, every character has their own things that are great about them, except the last one. The character is a bland stock shonen character. The characters in my top six are almost equally my favourites. But here are all the characters in order (best to worst):
1. Diamond
2. Green (female)
3. Crystal
4. Platinum
5. White
6. Sapphire
7. Black
8. Pearl
9. Silver
10. Emerald
11. Ruby
12. Yellow
13. Gold
14. Blue (male)
15. Red

The best side characters would be Dr. Footstep, Paka and Uji, and Sird.

Last edited by GreenBeece; March 24th, 2013 at 06:20 AM.
Old February 17th, 2013, 04:01 AM
Warship
異議あり!

Nature: Jolly
definitely Red. Sapphire follows close behind.Actually i like all of them except emerald. I just don't like him and I think wally would be a better pokedex holder
Growlithe - Charmeleon - Braixen
Old May 3rd, 2013, 05:03 PM
AquaWartortle

Nature: Jolly
It's really difficult to choose :3 But my absolute favorite character is Ruby XD He just makes me burst out laughing because of what he does but has a pretty intense side to him too Sapphire, Yellow, Red and Green are some of my other favorited but I love all the characters :D

Animal crossing dream code: 5200-2796-5899
Old May 6th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Archenoth
The arch foe

Nature: Lonely
It was a hard choice, but I think I like Amarillo (Yellow) the most out of all of the characters in the manga. She had the most clever ideas because of her Pokemons' overall weakness compared to the other trainers.

You also can't forget about how long Red thought she was a guy...

Gold comes in a close second for his overall nature. From the very beginning of the Gold and Silver saga when he catches youngster Joey in his back yard, and how he deals with the problem. Also his generally rash nature gets him into some amusing situations.
Old May 18th, 2013, 09:50 AM
GoldMalik
Master Of Them All

Nature: Gentle
Ruby and Diamond because I like how ruby acts and Dia's obsession with food is funny

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here