The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub > The Team Room

Notices

The Team Room Team up, start a formation of dedicated hackers and helpers. Here, you can discuss production of hacks with other groups, or make your own hacking group (through approval processes).

View Poll Results: Should Spongebob sqaure pants be a rival?
No doubt about it! 2 12.50%
Yes, but not a constant rival. 5 31.25%
Maybe one encounter. 1 6.25%
No. 3 18.75%
Not at all are you stupid? 5 31.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 29th, 2011, 12:58 PM
demondismon
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Quiet
im ready to map whenever possible so pm me when i cant start...
Old November 29th, 2011, 01:23 PM
M.L
Busy atm

Well may be a while a map is being done and a script aswell so i maybe after the weekend L:
Old November 29th, 2011, 03:02 PM
demondismon
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Quiet
oh ok lmao well until i can map im gonna work on my rom base lol
Old November 29th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Soul Saint
Ghost~

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Soul Saint
Turns out a I start the class on the 1st, so here I am. 'Nifty original side-quests'...? Here's a go(These aren't beginning side-quests):

1&2
Spoiler:

1 - At a spot on a mountainside, you could have a Pokemon Center where the player can gain information of a wise hermit that lives higher up on the mountain - Used to be quite the trainer in his younger days. Can have the old hermit looking for someone to aid him by finding out what's wrong with the well he draws water from. Player investigates the well by going down the rope the old man uses to bring water up with, finding a large cavern underneath. Can have it be a place to explore, and a nice spot to introduce some Fakemon even. Have them be the cause of draining the hermit's water supply. Or can have it be found that a wall underground collapsed, which led the water to drain out and down a mountain side. Upon returning up the rope and to the hermit, the player informs him of what he had seen and of their guess as to what happened.

2 - Stemming right from the first side-quest, the old hermit would ask a favor of the player; To go down the mountain side to check and see if any damage had been done to the surrounding area below. He'd go himself but down below is a valley filled with some unruly Pokemon, far too much for him and his own Pokemon to handle in their old age. Moving down the side of the mountain can be done in different ways: Ledges, maze of sorts with ledges along the way, etc. Suggest that it be made with a script where the player can find Pokemon even outside of the grass.

Upon reaching a higher ledge on the mountain side, the player would hear much commotion coming from the base nearby - Sounds of angry roars and of a man's yelps of fear. Making their way to where all the commotion is coming from, the player would find a ruin-maniac/professor/etc being chased by [insert Pokemon here]. This NPC decides to run passed the player - Leaving them to deal with this infuriated Pokemon. After a battle ends, the NPC returns to speak with the player. Letting them know he/she had been watching, and that they apologize for what had just happened, begging the player to let them explain why what occurred did.

The NPC explains they were in search of some ruins they believed to be in that area, but when they had tried to find it, the side of the mountain burst open and a bunch of water had come running down - Filling the valley a day ago. Due to the incline that it had, the majority of the water continued down through the valley. This NPC shares of how they had explored the cavern above late into the night, only to leave it exhausted. They made it down to the valley to take refuge in a cave where they had awoken a rather large Pokemon moments before the player had heard the commotion. After explaining that, the player asks why they had thought a ruins was located in the area - At this time the NPC pulls out a map, and shows the player. The player takes the map from their hands and turns it right-side-up - As the NPC had misread the directions completely.

From these two side-quests, the player can later meet up with this NPC to help find the ruins they've been searching for, as well as explore it, even find a secret or two hidden within. Can have some mythical Pokemon laying below that can only be awakened by the music of the Pokeflute - Why? It was made by this very being and is a key to even get to it. In order to get through certain area's, the flute must be played. Can have the player find the ruins earlier into the game or some time later on - Whichever works for you. Can have a bit of backstory as "This particular Poke-flute was passed down through the generations of Mr.Fuji's line, etc etc...". When it's needed or if this idea fits at all with your personal plot, I'll type a more detailed background than that of course.

In order for me to do any starting ones, I need to get three questions dealt with: Is there a specific 'why' the player doesn't know of gym's or the league? And how was it kept from them? The league would have coverage in the news, TV, travelers, school, etc. And could you go into more detail about the starting town? The introduction is a bit...mashed together, some parts don't make sense at the moment:

Spoiler:
A day of epic proportion where life meets death where time meets present where you meet pancakes? wait this cant be right but sadly it is.
One day you are enjoying pancakes with your family, the town is normal nothing out of the ordinary, the usual mail-boy from the next town comes in with the news. He says that besides the usual nothing has changed in the region, besides the fact that two Snorlax's have decided to lay in the path with no effort to move at all. you take a look at the Snorlax, but they are in the heaviest sleep you have ever seen, the only way to move them was with the Pokeflute.

Mystery of the Pokeflute through reds adventures (yes they coming back) It was lost on a ship of cargo that were stolen by some grunts to hear there is a base where sightings of cargo being moved into the ofrst by your (in) your home town. so decide this is your mission to help the town, it was always your dream to get into the paper. You know that to defeat these grunts you were to have a Pokemon, the only man you are to know who can give you these are the professor in your town professor "insert name here" on entrance to their lab the professor is not there, an assistant comes to say he went to conduct research, he has been on an all adventure going to the summit of the volcano into the dense underbrush swamp and now he is in the lake in this town. go find him.

Fixed some spelling and some of the grammar above, but the phrases/words in bold kinda need some explaining. The typo "ofrst" is to mean 'forest', but the rest of that sentence doesn't speak of where the town really is. Is it inside the forest or just outside of it? You also go right into saying how the player looks at the Snorlax, but how? Is it in the paper they had gotten or is it close enough for the player to see, just outside their town? And the bit that has an underlining just confused me in how you described the starting mission/goal. As a feature you explain "old hero's return" and "evil teams return", which doesn't make sense to really put that bit within the parenthesis there at all.
Old November 29th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Ettadara
Fanfiction Writer

Name: Lately, I've been going by 'Lexar' or 'Seven' when online.
Skills: Unfortunately, while I can't do anything that would be really beneficial (Spriting, Tile Inserting, Scripting, Etc. Though, I do have the programs), I would be happy to lend my skills as a writer to help with plotting, names, and even grammatical accuracy in the dialogue (proper spelling, punctuation, etc).
Proof: You can find most of my more current stories (fanfictions) right here, on my Deviantart account: http://sevenoverthree.deviantart.com/
Contact (here or pm): I can be contacted here on PokeCommunity, and also on MSN, or even E-mail. All you need to do is ask.
Dedication: Well, I am trying to find a job (in real life) but apart from my writing, I can dedicate myself entirely to this.
Old November 29th, 2011, 08:03 PM
M.L
Busy atm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Saint View Post
Turns out a I start the class on the 1st, so here I am. 'Nifty original side-quests'...? Here's a go(These aren't beginning side-quests):

1&2
Spoiler:

1 - At a spot on a mountainside, you could have a Pokemon Center where the player can gain information of a wise hermit that lives higher up on the mountain - Used to be quite the trainer in his younger days. Can have the old hermit looking for someone to aid him by finding out what's wrong with the well he draws water from. Player investigates the well by going down the rope the old man uses to bring water up with, finding a large cavern underneath. Can have it be a place to explore, and a nice spot to introduce some Fakemon even. Have them be the cause of draining the hermit's water supply. Or can have it be found that a wall underground collapsed, which led the water to drain out and down a mountain side. Upon returning up the rope and to the hermit, the player informs him of what he had seen and of their guess as to what happened.

2 - Stemming right from the first side-quest, the old hermit would ask a favor of the player; To go down the mountain side to check and see if any damage had been done to the surrounding area below. He'd go himself but down below is a valley filled with some unruly Pokemon, far too much for him and his own Pokemon to handle in their old age. Moving down the side of the mountain can be done in different ways: Ledges, maze of sorts with ledges along the way, etc. Suggest that it be made with a script where the player can find Pokemon even outside of the grass.

Upon reaching a higher ledge on the mountain side, the player would hear much commotion coming from the base nearby - Sounds of angry roars and of a man's yelps of fear. Making their way to where all the commotion is coming from, the player would find a ruin-maniac/professor/etc being chased by [insert Pokemon here]. This NPC decides to run passed the player - Leaving them to deal with this infuriated Pokemon. After a battle ends, the NPC returns to speak with the player. Letting them know he/she had been watching, and that they apologize for what had just happened, begging the player to let them explain why what occurred did.

The NPC explains they were in search of some ruins they believed to be in that area, but when they had tried to find it, the side of the mountain burst open and a bunch of water had come running down - Filling the valley a day ago. Due to the incline that it had, the majority of the water continued down through the valley. This NPC shares of how they had explored the cavern above late into the night, only to leave it exhausted. They made it down to the valley to take refuge in a cave where they had awoken a rather large Pokemon moments before the player had heard the commotion. After explaining that, the player asks why they had thought a ruins was located in the area - At this time the NPC pulls out a map, and shows the player. The player takes the map from their hands and turns it right-side-up - As the NPC had misread the directions completely.

From these two side-quests, the player can later meet up with this NPC to help find the ruins they've been searching for, as well as explore it, even find a secret or two hidden within. Can have some mythical Pokemon laying below that can only be awakened by the music of the Pokeflute - Why? It was made by this very being and is a key to even get to it. In order to get through certain area's, the flute must be played. Can have the player find the ruins earlier into the game or some time later on - Whichever works for you. Can have a bit of backstory as "This particular Poke-flute was passed down through the generations of Mr.Fuji's line, etc etc...". When it's needed or if this idea fits at all with your personal plot, I'll type a more detailed background than that of course.

In order for me to do any starting ones, I need to get three questions dealt with: Is there a specific 'why' the player doesn't know of gym's or the league? And how was it kept from them? The league would have coverage in the news, TV, travelers, school, etc. And could you go into more detail about the starting town? The introduction is a bit...mashed together, some parts don't make sense at the moment:

Spoiler:
A day of epic proportion where life meets death where time meets present where you meet pancakes? wait this cant be right but sadly it is.
One day you are enjoying pancakes with your family, the town is normal nothing out of the ordinary, the usual mail-boy from the next town comes in with the news. He says that besides the usual nothing has changed in the region, besides the fact that two Snorlax's have decided to lay in the path with no effort to move at all. you take a look at the Snorlax, but they are in the heaviest sleep you have ever seen, the only way to move them was with the Pokeflute.

Mystery of the Pokeflute through reds adventures (yes they coming back) It was lost on a ship of cargo that were stolen by some grunts to hear there is a base where sightings of cargo being moved into the ofrst by your (in) your home town. so decide this is your mission to help the town, it was always your dream to get into the paper. You know that to defeat these grunts you were to have a Pokemon, the only man you are to know who can give you these are the professor in your town professor "insert name here" on entrance to their lab the professor is not there, an assistant comes to say he went to conduct research, he has been on an all adventure going to the summit of the volcano into the dense underbrush swamp and now he is in the lake in this town. go find him.

Fixed some spelling and some of the grammar above, but the phrases/words in bold kinda need some explaining. The typo "ofrst" is to mean 'forest', but the rest of that sentence doesn't speak of where the town really is. Is it inside the forest or just outside of it? You also go right into saying how the player looks at the Snorlax, but how? Is it in the paper they had gotten or is it close enough for the player to see, just outside their town? And the bit that has an underlining just confused me in how you described the starting mission/goal. As a feature you explain "old hero's return" and "evil teams return", which doesn't make sense to really put that bit within the parenthesis there at all.
The town is outside the forest the snorlax is on route 1 and the only way out the town is through the forest well what i ment by old hero's return i ment like hero's from original games like gold may red those people being seen as rivals around the game

And the player does know about gyms and the league but its not like those things really intrest him (well until he ends up having to battle)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ettadara View Post
Name: Lately, I've been going by 'Lexar' or 'Seven' when online.
Skills: Unfortunately, while I can't do anything that would be really beneficial (Spriting, Tile Inserting, Scripting, Etc. Though, I do have the programs), I would be happy to lend my skills as a writer to help with plotting, names, and even grammatical accuracy in the dialogue (proper spelling, punctuation, etc).
Proof: You can find most of my more current stories (fanfictions) right here, on my Deviantart account: http://sevenoverthree.deviantart.com/
Contact (here or pm): I can be contacted here on PokeCommunity, and also on MSN, or even E-mail. All you need to do is ask.
Dedication: Well, I am trying to find a job (in real life) but apart from my writing, I can dedicate myself entirely to this.
Accepet as a writer, you and soul saint shall be working together
Old December 1st, 2011, 06:42 PM
Soul Saint
Ghost~

Tomorrow, I'll be a bit busy working on some music but I should be able to flesh out a couple of side-quests. Probably ten or so. I'll post what I have before I go to sleep tomorrow night.
Old December 1st, 2011, 11:17 PM
ZxC Mirai
Huh?

Nature: Timid
I'm Ready! I'm Ready! I'm Ready!

POKEMON SkyWhite COMING SOON....
Old December 2nd, 2011, 07:02 PM
Soul Saint
Ghost~

Things got a bit more busy than I thought. But, can begin writing now. Got a couple of idea's on how to introduce the player to gym's and such:

- Include non-official gym's along the road. Put some back-story in on how non-official gym's typically are run in the region. Such as a place where more experienced trainers help beginners in learning more about Pokemon battling, places where trainers can see how much they've truly progressed, and places that are just looking to become official gym's. Can include a few of each, have them work as the battle tents were in Emerald; Player can either exchange for Pokemon there or use their own in a level-range. If this idea is liked then I'll get on top of coming up with a couple of idea's for side-quests involving these.

- As some teams are being put into this hack, could do with a bit where the player is asked to protect an informant. Maybe asked by the 'informant' them self, global police officer(s) investigating international crime(s), or even one rival team that the 'informant' belongs to that just can't spare their members. Opens up a bit more variety of options on how the player can go through the game.

- In one of the larger towns there could be a few trainers that harass local trainers, and those they see as easy targets. By taking money, items, giving insults, etc. More of a small-time thing than anything truly organized. Think along the lines of the guy Ash gained Charmander from in the anime - That kind of guy. Can use them as some reoccurring rivals or some such.

- If/When the player chooses to take on the gym challenge, if you're going to have it be optional, then you could set up rules on how many Pokemon are allowed to be used when facing the leader. Have a front room with a guard on the side to the entrance to the actual gym-area or arena that is scripted to hold the player if they have too many Pokemon to enter. Player is checked/frisked, which is how they know if they have one-too-many. Makes the player have to choose who they keep and who they don't. I also suggest this as a means of going about the Pokemon League if it isn't just another Elite Four challenge and then the Champion title match. This one isn't really a side-quest idea, but a suggestion.

- Could have a new team of Psychic/Ghost Pokemon trainers. Bring in a new version of the Silph Scope thatthey are trying to make to gauge a target Pokemons strength, in order to tell which one's are worth taking. Or to tell which trainers have a strong bond with their Pokemon and have talent needed to back a cause of theirs up. Said cause can be discussed over MSN if this bit of an idea is liked. Can start working on side-quests that either seem like they don't affect this group and/or do affect this group. M.L, if you have a new group already made with your own plan on what you envision them to be/do, then please do share so that both Seven and I can help out or offer some idea's of our own for side-quests.

- A mini side-quest could be finding a Pokemon for a little kid to become a trainer, or for a lonely parent/grand-parents. Reward can be from the father of the kid, or a rare item from either of the last two.

- Could have a contest of some sort that fit's any area of the region. Need to know more about different cities/towns/villages before Seven, you or I could really come up with something more for this one. An award could be a rare item, TM, money, special Pokeball, etc.

- In one of the forests you could have a bug catcher in dire need of an antidote for their Pokemon. Have it be their only one. They ask the player to find their bag they had dropped or to go buy an antidote for their Pokemon. Being unable to move their Pokemon, else it would be in too much pain and/or faint, they couldn't just leave their Pokemon there alone. By aiding the trainer, two things can happen: First they go in the same direction, yet the player reaches the exit of the forest with a couple of grunts of a team guarding it. The bug catcher comes along and aides the player in beating the grunts. Can have like a bug-type contest where the trainers can enter a bug Pokemon to battle others for a prize - In order to enter, you need to be apart of the local bug-catchers club or be given approval of one or more members to join. Or you could have it as like a local Pokemon Trainer club, using a different trainer to replace the bug-catcher if you'd prefer.

- In one of the towns or somewhere off in the wild you could have a Pokemon retreat, where Breeders from all over the region bring injured/mistreated Pokemon they are either given or have found to recuperate in a safe environment. Can have an angry trainer looking to take back their Pokemon or some team looking to steal the Pokemon within, of which the player thwarts their attempt. One of the Breeders there offers one of the Pokemon for the trainer to take with them; After seeing the 'skill' of the trainer and compassion they sensed within them, the Breeder believed the Pokemon would be better off traveling around with them than cooped up there.(Eevee returns? :o )

- After the player goes through some situations with unfriendly crowds, completes various competitions, etc, an event can be started where they are invited inside a TV station to be on a talk show that airs throughout the region. Can take the program for the interviews in the Emerald game for the player to make comments, come up with some yes or no questions that affect how people view the trainer, or just come up with dialogue that the players character says on their own. This could be a way to introduce some famous characters such as Gold/Blue on the same talk show.

- There could be a mail service used around the region that ends up needing help on one of the routes: A truck was delivering both mail and packages that was attacked by any of the teams. Player sees it and gets involved, defeats the grunts, and then police from the town show up after receiving an emergency call from the driver's Pokenav. Grunts can be arrested or escape, up to you. Goes to a transition after a short conversation with the officers where the player winds up in the police station, sitting in the office of the Chief. The player gets confronted by the Chief, short dialogue, ends with a reward of a TM and the player free to leave once their statement has been written up.

All of the above are just suggestions for events or features. When I think of more I'll post them. If you'd rather I hold off on posting them and just save them for when you(M.L), Seven and I are on MSN then that's fine as well.

Last edited by Soul Saint; December 3rd, 2011 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Added in other side-quest idea's as I found the time to do so today.
Old December 4th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Ettadara
Fanfiction Writer

Man... Came back to this place, saw Soul Saints post, and now I really don't know how exactly I can help the storyline. D:
I am good at writing, I swear... I just don't know where to begin. ;
Old December 4th, 2011, 08:25 PM
M.L
Busy atm

well you can still help i meen its not a 5 min game and i have many ideas im ganna run through ou and soul
Old December 5th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Soul Saint
Ghost~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ettadara View Post
Man... Came back to this place, saw Soul Saints post, and now I really don't know how exactly I can help the storyline. D:
I am good at writing, I swear... I just don't know where to begin. ;
M.L could give us both towns to work on in the region. We suggest events for each area, and work together to intertwine events that involve any of the teams or would greatly affect the region/surrounding towns of the area. Would be a good way to share the work and not feel as if any one person is hogging idea's/suggestions/etc.
Old December 5th, 2011, 08:11 PM
M.L
Busy atm

Hmm well thats more your guys place as if you two i need a starting event you know how the game starts :/ take into consideration the first route is blocked so you will have to enter the forest, the forest will have an even where the evil team appears and a legendary appears but only once you return from the second town :/ so if you two can work on the first town and the forest event i will be happy
Old December 5th, 2011, 09:07 PM
ZxC Mirai
Huh?

Nature: Timid
I have an idea !

Like ML Said..it is blocked by POKeMONS...
and you will need to find an item to make them go Away

Hope i Help

POKEMON SkyWhite COMING SOON....
Old December 5th, 2011, 09:23 PM
◘•EmperiuM•◘
The Scripter

HEllo there!I am new here in PC!i just came here to improve my sKills anyway i am applying..

Name:EmperiuM
Skillspriter Scripter Storyline Maker
Proof:No!Not Today!
Contact (here or pm)M
Dedication:More Powert to Team Reborn
Old December 6th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Soul Saint
Ghost~

M.L already stated that the Pokeflute would be needed in order to remove the Snorlax's. I kinda assume that he has something planned for that already.

Seven, how's this sound: You and I come up with a list of different area's, and work on events/sub-quests within them. Either split them up or work together to make something we can both present to M.L. Feel free to take the opening event that the hack still needs man, btw.
Old December 6th, 2011, 10:15 AM
M.L
Busy atm

Well as soon as that is done i will get The_unforgiven to start scripting haha
@◘•EmperiuM•◘ i would like to see proof first before i accept for now your on hold.
Old December 6th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Ettadara
Fanfiction Writer

So, the Professor you're looking for is at a lake near the second town? Because the description you have in the story summary is a little confusing.

*EDIT*
Two other things - do you have the starters set, or are you still trying to figure them out? Not that it's really that important for a plot writer, but I'm curious. And what generation are we working with?
Because, if the Professor has visited a Volcano, a Swamp, and a lake, the pokemon he would have with him (if he caught pokemon during that excursion, which feels likely taking the circumstances of the plot, at that time, into consideration) would have to have certain typings. For example, to me, 'Volcano' says that the fire starter (if you plan to follow the fire/water/grass pattern) would either be full fire or have a rock or ground subtyping, 'Swamp'; the grass starter would have Water, or maybe ground (if a grass/ground pokemon even exists) subtype; and at the Lake, well... that implies to me that it could very well be any of the water types that exist, really.

Again, not that this is important to a plot developer/writer.

-----

Alright - I've been doing some thinking, and this is what I've come up with for the forest event. Can't say how the meeting with the Professor would go, but I was thinking only about the forest at the time.

When you're navigating the forest that first time, you probably won't have pokemon - that's why you're risking the forest to get to the professor, right?

For an event, and the introduction of one of the evil teams, you come across the grunts; perhaps as they're managing their cargo. But before they notice you, a trainer charges in from the opposite side of the clearing (if there is one)
I was thinking that perhaps this trainer winds up being a rival, that maybe he's trying to getting something form the grunts - maybe they stole something important to him - but either way, he wants something the grunts have.

This can work as a distraction for the player, allowing them to pass without having to write around fighting, as you have no pokemon to fight with. You could have it so that the grunts notice you, and by extension the other trainer, who refuses to let them change the subject - perhaps he's bent on beating them, and confident that he will beat them and get the thing he wants; he doesn't think you, a pokemon-less little girl/boy, are important.
Here, there could be a script that forces the player to run away, forwards (or whatever direction moves you further in) and out of the cargo-filled clearing - another script could be placed to prevent the re-entry of the clearing.

I was thinking that the forest exit could let out in a route leading away from the second town, perhaps a shorter route, with little to no grass, that leads to the lake the professor is at - like the trail to Lake Verity in the D/P/P gen.

When you get back to the clearing the grunts were at, you could either have it so the grunts are just finishing trainer off, or that you come in after he's already been beaten, and are taunting him about how weak he is, or something.
They notice you, some banter is tossed about (maybe some from the Trainer, possibly proclaiming that you are gonna get flattened, as he got beaten and was a trainer long before you were?)
You fight, you win, and maybe you talk with Trainer about how you beat them, that you're really good for someone so new to such a thing? Afterwards, perhaps the Legend you mentioned shows up. The two of you look at it, it lingers for a few moments, then leaves.
I'm not sure what relevance this would have in the game, but it might be a way for Trainer to show up again - perhaps he's never seen that pokemon before in his (or her) life, want to hunt it down. You could re-encounter him multiple times throughout the game.

Granted, this makes the Trainer very similar to Eusine from G/S/C, but I'm still uncertain about how else to get him to show up multiple times.

But, do you like the idea? It doesn't feel too far-fetched to me, not too out-there.

Last edited by Ettadara; December 6th, 2011 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old December 9th, 2011, 12:44 AM
M.L
Busy atm

Sorry to the story makers but im doing a little redo so i would like to ask if soul saint can redo a nice into thing (you know how you get your poke all that)

and if Ettadara can do the ongoing events (how he gets the running shoes and the map (pokenav)

ect so its all up to you guys i will base my maps around the story be creative and good luck.

Guys new tiles are basically in here they are tell me what you think and this is now Officially what your working with

Last edited by M.L; December 9th, 2011 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old December 10th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Soul Saint
Ghost~

I can do that. Though I really have to ask one thing; why have grass you can't reach? You could place someone there that could be hiding, a market person handing out a free sample, even an old guy with some useful starting information about the next town or the town with the first gym. Or just give out an old rumor of an abandoned cabin some where in the woods.(Can have the next town be surrounded by the forest with three other directions - Like Saffron City) In one of the other area's of the forest could be the cabin, which the player would find either after the first gym or before it.

[Intro to gain their Pokemon]
When the player is choosing their name, you can have a selection screen of some sort come up. This is where the player can choose what they'd like as a starter. When they've chosen this option you can move onto naming a rival or friend. Maybe just save that for when they come into the storyline themselves. Here's the intro:

The players Uncle came to town just a week earlier to visit his brother and Sister-in-law. Upon hearing how one side of the town has been blocked off, either he can already know his nephew/nieces desire to be in the paper or he catches them just before the player leaves town, finding out then after a brief discussion on what and why they wish to go to another town. From there the Uncle offers to help them out with capturing their first Pokemon and they both walk into the forest. At some spot in the grass you can have the encounter set up where either the player or the Uncle are capturing it. Just have like a commentary on how to catch the Pokemon, given by the Uncle.

Now that the player has their starter they can head off to the next town on their own. The Uncle may hand over an extra potion or even a repel for them to use, while he goes back to the house to explain to the players parents why he wouldn't be back until later that day. The goal of the player would be to find help or something to get rid of the Snorlax. Maybe the first town directs him to some shop in another town? Or the he'll find his answers inside the abandoned cabin...? Depending on your preference, M.L, decides where the player goes next. Depending on when the player gains a Pokenav, you could have it scripted that they get a call from their mom or call home after they receive one. To let the folks know they're fine. In the case the mother calls it's to find out what's going on, etc.

For now I'd like to not put in the Team so early. Rumors can be passed around in the first town, but I would like to elaborate more on what they do and how they do it. Simply stumbling upon them in a forest they're in and defeating them with a new Pokemon...seems kinda bad for an introduction to any antagonist group. Rumors could be pointed at thefts/kidnappings/etc across the region or within the town/village/city itself. Clue's can be left behind that the player follows or that helps them find something out for later/soon after finding the clue('s). Personal opinion there - Just not a fan of grunts being so easy to beat. Once the player has like lvl 20 Pokemon, maybe then introduce the/a team they meet. *Shrug* Can introduce other characters/rivals this way too.
Old December 10th, 2011, 09:07 PM
M.L
Busy atm

I love it but im sorry to say but i ment for you to come up with a bran new story line bit as that story line i wrote was dodgey and out of place

do you not have skype or msn or somthing like that so it would be easier to discuss this stiff if you have msn add me

[email protected]
or skype
mikeyburton12
Old December 11th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Soul Saint
Ghost~

I'll PM you my Skype. As for the storyline, I can do that. I'll post it today or tomorrow. Depends on when I finish some personal work.
Old December 11th, 2011, 09:58 AM
M.L
Busy atm

No wait i want to talk to you on skype about it that way we can make it work better.
Old December 11th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Soul Saint
Ghost~

I'll wait until we're both on Skype then.
Old December 11th, 2011, 10:04 AM
M.L
Busy atm

Add me or send me your name and we can talk now
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links