Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Resources
Notices

Resources Everything you need to help make your game can be found in here. You can also post your own resources. Remember to give credit!
The thread revival limit does not apply here.

Closed Thread

Old December 3rd, 2011, 11:20 PM
Kasek
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
Hey i can't figure out how to resize my over world sprite sheets do that I can make a few event pokemon. The selection box is to big and rectangle not square I tried resizing to 32x32 and that didn't work any tips how to help me.
Thanks a bunch
Old December 5th, 2011, 11:30 AM
KingCharizard
C++ Developer Extraordinaire

Nature: Bold
I dont really understand your question... What are you looking for overworld pokemon sprites?
My personal website. UPDATED 8/29/2013
Old December 5th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Kasek
Beginning Trainer

ya i was looking for certain ones to make events such as seeing, suicine in GSC, or those type of guys....
Old December 5th, 2011, 04:44 PM
KingCharizard
C++ Developer Extraordinaire

Nature: Bold
then Check the spriters resource or Google pokemon overworlds you'll most likely find exactly what your looking for
My personal website. UPDATED 8/29/2013
Old December 5th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Kasek
Beginning Trainer

i did but the sheet that has all the over worlds, when i load it into rpg maker xp the selection box is far to big
Old December 6th, 2011, 09:09 AM
IceGod64
My imagination.

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasek View Post
i did but the sheet that has all the over worlds, when i load it into rpg maker xp the selection box is far to big
That's not how it works. Look at this:

Notice how it is only one character on the sheet, and it consists of four rows, four columns. The first row is walking down, second is walking left, third is walking right, last is walking up. THIS is how RMXP sprites should be laid out. You can't have an entire sprite sheet, you have to get the sprites off the sheet and lay them out as seen above or else RMXP won't understand it.

Old December 7th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Rai Rai
Master of everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasek View Post
I already pretty much spoon fed you the information on how to compile them properly. You're meant to set up the image to have blocks that are 32X32 pixels each forming 4 rows and columns. That doesn't mean, resize the whole image to 32X32 it means you need to form squares aligned in that formation and size. The standard image size itself should be 128X128. You need to place each frame of that sprite within each of the 32X32 blocks within the image. If the frame is too big for each block you need to step up the scaling factor of that block i.e scale factor 2 changes the block size from 32X32 to 64X64. This then results in the image size also being increased to 256X256. That way if the frame of the sprite fits inside that block you only need to centre it. Heck, I'll even provide a base image if it's too hard to follow the steps.
Background colour of blue is just a transparency colour. blacks lines need to be changed to the transparency colour after the sprites are aligned.
Attached Thumbnails
32X32block base.png‎   64X64block base.png‎   96X96block base.png‎  
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here