The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Old December 4th, 2011, 08:07 AM
Stingray
This armor... I hate it

@ Beegu you are Approved! good to see at least one Pokemon that isn't going to fall in the cute and fuzzy category :p

Last edited by Stingray; December 4th, 2011 at 11:28 AM.
Old December 4th, 2011, 07:26 PM
A Pixy
Skipping over water.

Nature: Bashful
Name: Siegfried Gabriel

Species: Sawk

Job: Unemployed (Does oddjobs at any town he gets to)

Appearance: Siegfried is of average height for a Sawk. His feet are noticeably scarred and his skin is rather thick. His clothes are mildly tattered at the heels and wrists. He is always carrying a blue duffel bag carrying money and food. He also has several more lines and streaks across his face and clothes in comparison to other Sawk and Throh. His age also shows. His eyes have lost any kind of luster and his hands and his body is growing slightly wrinkled.

Personality: Having to rely on labour trade from random people he probably won't see ever again, he is rather polite. Considering that him being nice may or may not cost him his meal that day. However, he is also is also incredibly smug. He truly believes he is the best, like no one ever was. He also has a low tolerance for nonsense. He's not a funny man and he never cracks jokes. He's long since grown past the age of jokes. He finds them to be 'A waste of thought and time.' All around, he has low tolerance. He has a pretty short fuse and is rather impatient. Constantly talking about how he has 'Places to go and people to fight.' and how he hates wasting time doing things he doesn't need to. To him, life is short and his is around half-way done. He still has a lot of life to live and he doesn't want a second more doing anything he doesn't like. When you get past his impatience, he does truly love life and can be kind. He is a peaceful soul, unless he finds someone he wants to fight.

History: His home, before becoming a nomad, was a forest that was home to many different types of Fighting Pokémon. Like many Fighting-Type Pokémon, he spent most of his time as young one sparring with any and all fighting types in his immediate surroundings. He trained at the foot of a nearby mountain with his brethren. As the years went on, he slowly became the strongest of all the many Pokémon in the forest. Yet, his victories made him believe he was the best and, for the most part, he was. So he decided he would leave his forest to travel. To search for opponents. Taking all challengers and challenging those who he thought were strong. He needs to know he's the strongest. Because he feels he's the strongest.

Attacks: Drain Punch, Close Combat, Payback, Sky Uppercut, Detect and Bulk Up.

RP Sample:
Spoiler:
I guess I was on the way to my next destination. I continued walking until I saw the ROUTE 29 sign. Walking in, it seemed like there were rocks and rubble everywhere. If I didn't plan my steps carefully, I'd trip, fall and probably break my jaw. The Route seemed to be made a single path by a bunch of trees, and there were patches of grass and dirt. As I trudged around, I contemplated what my Pokémon was. I decided that if I were attacked, knowing what I had would be more convenient. I pulled out the small ball and pressed the button, causing it to expand twice as big. I softly lobbed it into the air, and with a beam of light hitting the ground, a Pokémon came out of the ball," Sneasel!" it shouted. It was a black, bipedal thing that was almost a metre tall. It had large claws on its hands and feet. It also had a gold mark on its forehead and chest, and also has feathers. Three on its rear and one where its left ear should be. It must say, it looks pretty cool. Sleek, dark, vicious. A perfect partner for the rest of my journey. I pulled out my PokéDex and checked skimmed over what it said, "Let's see... Dark and Ice type... Steals and eats eggs... Sharp claws... Known Attacks; Scratch, Leer, Taunt, Bite... Interesting." I threw my Poké Ball, softly tapping the Sneasel on its head. It opened and a red light beamed it back in the ball. I caught it and began continuing down the route. I knew that if something were to attack me, I'd be prepared with this Pokémon. I'm legitimately shocked no one else took it. But I guess the better Pokémon Trainer should get the better Pokémon. It's only fair. I couldn't help but chuckle a bit after I said that. After that, I decided my walk down this Route should continue.

It was just a matter of time before I ran into a tiny brown Pokémon on a rather large patch of green and dirt. It was brown and had a white colored circle on its belly and its tail had white rings. It's ears were large and were red on the inside. I reached pulled out my PokéDex and looked it up," Sentret... Normal-type... Known Attacks; Scratch, Foresight and Defense Curl. Should be a good training battle." I said to my self, closing it. I pulled out Sneasel's Poké Ball and threw his ball enthusiastically. To think, I came here thinking this would be a drag. This'll be just another thing I'll ace. Sneasel's ball opened up and the familiar beam of light hit the ground, revealing my black companion," Alright Sneasel, this is our first battle. Let's end it quickly with a Scratch attack!" I commanded. Sneasel ran toward the Sentret like a black blur and readied his claws. He slashed the Sentret with all of his might. It seemed he and I both thought the match was over, but neither of us noticed Sentret had curled up into a ball. When it got out of the ball, it seemed like it had taken little to no damage. That must've been Defense Curl. Lucky... "Sneasel, use Scratch again!" I commanded once more. I figured the move couldn't protect the little fuzz-ball forever. As my Sneasel ran towards the Sentret, I could've sworn I saw the Sentret's eyes twinkle. The Sentret pulled back its claw and ran toward Sneasel. When they both made contact, they ended up a few metres away from each other, standing like when the two swordsman clashed like in a classic Japanese samurai film. I waited anxiously to see who would fall. It only took a few seconds before Sneasel fell to his knees. Darn it. Brute strength won't win this battle, I have to make a plan. Come on, think... Maybe I could soften it up... Yeah, that might work. But first, I need it to attack. And Sneasel has the attacks to make this work.

"Sneasel!" I shouted, trying to get his attention. He stood up, signaling he could still fight. That's step 1, now for the next one, "Sneasel, use Taunt!" Sneasel pulled his left arm straight slowly pulled his wrist up and down, sending a 'bring it on' signal. This attack sent the Sentret into a blind rage. The Sentret dashed at Sneasel, getting ready to Scratch. I waited until the last moment," Dodge it Sneasel!" I commanded. And with a motion so quick, Sneasel jumped back, sending him far away. The Sentret looked at Sneasel with angry eyes. Next step," Sneasel, use Leer!" I shouted. Sneasel's eyes glowed red for a moment, but turned back to its normal colour after a while. Now for the last step, hopefully," Sneasel, use Bite!" Sneasel dashed at the Sentret and latched onto its head with his mouth. Sneasel was clawed a few times, but jumped off before any serious damage was down. Not to mention Sentret's small arms could barely reach Sneasel. It was only on for a few seconds, but the Leer attack made it pack a bigger punch. Sneasel and the Sentret are both on their last legs. This fight was almost over. The Sentret, weakened as it may have been, was still affected by the Taunt. It started running, ready to Scratch again," Sneasel, use Scratch!" I commanded. Sneasel and the Sentret were both running at each other. This would be the decider, whoever was standing after this would be the winner. The anticipation was astronomical. 3... 2... 1...

The Sentret and Sneasel's claws met, and there was more waiting to see who would come out on top. It was just a matter of time before the Sentret fell on its knees. And at that moment, I knew that a strong defensive fighter like this would complement my faster, stronger fighter. I pulled out one of the Poké Balls and threw it at the weakened Sentret. It was engulfed in the light and the ball bounced a few times before becoming stationary. The small button on the front flashed red and the whole ball was shaking. Judging by how hurt it was, I'm gonna say it's gonna stay in there. I'm positive. No reason for Sneasel to be out of it's Poké Ball. I pulled out Sneasel's Ball," Sneasel, return." I said. The ball remained closed, and Sneasel was beamed inside of it.

Now, I wait...
Old December 5th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Stingray
This armor... I hate it

THAT WONDERFUL PIXY GUY! First off your history is way too short especially for how old your Pokemon is. Second you say in his personality that he is peaceful, but his overall theme seems to be "walking around looking for a fight" and he seems to be short tempered which suggests he isn't peaceful on the sense of inner peace either. So that really needs to be clarified.

Appearance is a bit short but acceptable (more details are not needed, but would be nice).

All reservations have expired and all remaining slots are now up for everyone... Please finish your SUs I really want to get the RP rolling.

Last edited by Stingray; December 5th, 2011 at 11:24 PM.
Old December 7th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Stingray
This armor... I hate it

Ok everyone I will post the IC early next week AT THE LATEST. Which means whoever is accepted at the time will be able to start RPing. Hopefully the slots will be filled by then, but if not they will get filled up while we RP.

Also if the RP starts and there are open slots players with an already approved character will be allowed to make a second character, but I would prefer to make the second character the same race.
Old December 8th, 2011, 03:35 AM
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Otherworld9) Send a message via Skype™ to Otherworld9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
Ok everyone I will post the IC early next week AT THE LATEST. Which means whoever is accepted at the time will be able to start RPing. Hopefully the slots will be filled by then, but if not they will get filled up while we RP.

Also if the RP starts and there are open slots players with an already approved character will be allowed to make a second character, but I would prefer to make the second character the same race.
Been waiting for this good thing to start. Yessss. So...I can make another character? (of course, you suggest another Zorua) if there are still empty slots, correct?
Old December 8th, 2011, 04:04 AM
ODSTmarine
Now XLegionxX

Nature: Bold
@Otherworld I think he means Pokemon and humans by race

Our we going to have to watch our ammo?

======
={Mark Vargas}=
"One man can change the world with a bullet in the right place."PC Bothers: xXJumboShrimpXx ,Zapdos926
PC Sisters: Fortworth96
Old December 8th, 2011, 04:09 AM
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Otherworld9) Send a message via Skype™ to Otherworld9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODSTmarine View Post
@Otherworld I think he means Pokemon and humans by race

Our we going to have to watch our ammo?
Oops Guess I was wrong.....well, in that case, humans & pokemon then. One of each I guess...
Old December 8th, 2011, 05:38 AM
Stingray
This armor... I hate it

Sorry about the misunderstanding by race I meant is prefer one to have another human character if they first character was human or another pokemon if their first character was a pokemon. So another pokemon (non zorua) is fine.

@ ODST at first no (unless you act like your character is carrying 5 hundred clips then perhaps I'll step in.) Later I might but I can't say a yes or no for sure right now. I will never focus you to count bullets just might say act like all you have is a hand full of bullets or something.
Old December 8th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
Well, since you guys are starting next week, thankfully after my finals are done, I will come back finish up my SU. I was almost done with it before but with my constant studying I just had to drop something and lucky for me there is still one human spot left! Probably later today I'll finish it up since all I'm trying to improve is my history.

Edit: I've done the history so tell me how it looks.

Last edited by Greiger; December 8th, 2011 at 08:45 AM.
Old December 8th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage

Ok then. Just wondering. If I do bring myself to do another one, then pokemon it is..not sure yet.....thanks. Might do it over the weekend.
Old December 8th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Stingray
This armor... I hate it

@Greiger Your pending... the only thing holding you back is that your appearance is lacking. A picture or a description of how your character's features looks is needed. Basically its left open whether your character is as beautiful as a supermodel or if she was hit by the ugly stick a couple dozen times.

@Otherworld9) Ok just remember I can't approve you until I open the slots for a second character. You are however welcome to PM me the SU early if you want me to look over it before the slots open.
Old December 8th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage

Quote:
@Otherworld9) Ok just remember I can't approve you until I open the slots for a second character. You are however welcome to PM me the SU early if you want me to look over it before the slots open.
Alright. Will do. For now, I will have to think about them for a moment then. Probably finish in Sunday if I motivate myself to do so...
Old December 8th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Okay, I was finally able to add a picture to my SU. I wasn't sure if you were only looking for a face or the entire body as well.
Old December 8th, 2011, 04:31 PM
ODSTmarine
Now XLegionxX

What Picture did you add? I don't see one.

======
={Mark Vargas}=
"One man can change the world with a bullet in the right place."PC Bothers: xXJumboShrimpXx ,Zapdos926
Old December 8th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

You don't? I added a spoiler button and everything. The picture itself is just a head shot of a picture I found online. This is actually the first time I have added a picture to my posts so I don't know if I did something wrong, but I can see it just fine.
Old December 8th, 2011, 05:16 PM
ODSTmarine
Now XLegionxX

Maybe it's just a problem on my end then...

======
={Mark Vargas}=
Old December 8th, 2011, 05:19 PM
SV
Moshi Moshi?

Nature: Relaxed
Yea, I see it just fine. Perhaps something's wrong with yours...Well if we do make secondary characters, I have just the one i want in mind...

Paired with the Epic Raikiri
Old December 8th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Stingray
This armor... I hate it

Ok after some work the image has been corrected and Greiger your accepted, and that is the last of the Human slots.

Still have 3 Pokemon slots to fill.

Last edited by Stingray; December 8th, 2011 at 08:23 PM.
Old December 10th, 2011, 05:09 AM
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Nature: Calm
Name: Marcus "Mark" Frost

Pokemon species: Grovyle

Job: Boss/Owner of the cafe Twister Zone, and at night Master thief Shadowspawn

Appearance: Marcus is a bit tall for his species, standing at 3 feet. He weighs about 22 kg., slightly heavier than the rest of his people. As for appearance, his body color is more bluish than regular Grovyles, having picked up the color from his mother. One more thing he inherited from his mother are her light blue eyes, which are like the color of the morning sky. His leaves have a few cuts here and there, at random spots.

As for clothing, normally, he can be seen donning a dark brown fedora, and with a small stick in his mouth which he likes to chew. He usually wears a jacket made from the cold fur of a Beartic, symbolizing his caution against his weakness, fire. He wears a locket of the God Rivir, whom he is a believer of. But this is his casual clothing, which he only wears during the day, when he is fulfilling the duty of running the cafe.

At night, when he is ready to steal, he is seen wearing an outfit made of Reaper Cloth, and wearing Wide Lens. The Wide Lens help him to spot distant objects, while the Reaper Cloth help him to remain camouflaged at night, and in dark places. Another very important thing that aids him during his escapades is a Choice Scarf, that give his Speed a slight boost. Other than that, he will occasionally, on more dangerous, detailed missions, carry a small bag with berries or healing items, although that is rare because Marcus prefers to work with as little load as possible.

Personality: Marcus is a Pokemon who has two similar kind of personalities, which differ with his work.

-General-

Generally, he is a kind, aloof kind of Pokemon, who is generally clumsy and likes to joke around. He likes to remain around people, talk, have a laugh, and generally a fun kind of guy. He is pretty goofy, likes to play pranks on others. He is seldom seen in a serious mood. Marcus doesn't like to share his personal feelings and life with colleagues from work, but when he is stressed or depressed, he may express his emotions. Outside work, he may be seen going to a few shops and buying things for his family, as he cares for them a lot as he deeply cares about his close friends and families, and will do anything to save them.

He also has a slightly arrogant side to him, he will never give up on an opportunity to boast. Whether they be of his achievements, his social position, he will often boast in front of his enemies. Marcus doesn't really have a short temper, he doesn't get angry rather easily. He likes music a lot, specially the kind of music a worker in his cafe, Riley plays. As for his beliefs, he believes in the God Rivir, the god of strength, honor and victory. He is not a crazy prophet or die-hard believer though, he mostly sticks to the once per week visits to the local temple devoted to that deity.

He also has a passion for cooking food, although it is more of a hobby. He'll help out his chefs in the kitchen sometimes, when he is done with the regular maintaining of the cafe and getting to know about latest treasures in the town to steal. Some of his favorite things include Moo Moo Milk (his favorite stuff) and treasures (really precious one) He shares a very close bond with his mother, and still visits her whenever it is possible. A lot of the money he gets from stealing is given to her, while some is used to maintain the cafe and for himself.

-At Work, Cafe-

Well, the cafe started by Marcus was more of a hobby, since Marcus had always wanted to be a chef when he grew up. When it comes to the cafe, it is something that he deeply cares about, and loves it a lot. One of the reasons he steals is to keep up with the pay required for the cafe. While the reasons he steals are not entirely selfish, essentially they are for his own cause. The cafe is like a piece of his heart, and nothing can convince Marcus to leave it.

As for the people working in it, he treats them like his very close friends. He doesn't like to make them work like slaves, and let's them have fun while doing their job, because that's exactly what he likes to do as well.

History: (What is your history up to this point)

Moves: 6 max, but if you like you can have 4 normal ones and a custom one. The custom one cannot be more powerful than any other move out there, must be your type, and associated with your species/type*, and you need to write a paragraph at least describing the move. Also in your history you need to tell how you came up with this unique ability.

* Example Gardevoir’s Pokedex description says they can form a small black hole to protect their trainer so you can turn that into a move.
Also consider moves can be used outside combat for your day to day life.

RP Sample: (If you are not in another RP with me you will need one)

Will edit later xP

Last edited by Danger Zone; December 13th, 2011 at 08:44 AM.
Old December 11th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Stingray
This armor... I hate it

Ok I've decided to rewrite my SU (its almost done) to better fit into the RP. I planned to get it done and the IC thread posted by tonight, but sadly real life got in the way (I spent all weekend studying... so much fun!). This means those of you not accepted still have a little more time to finish your SUs before people start making second characters.

Sorry all I really wanted the IC up, but I ended up studying a whole lot more than originally planned (its taking me longer than I would like to memorize all these numbers.... not fun). Sorry about the delays... I really wanted this RP started last week, but life has a way of ruining our plans.
Old December 12th, 2011, 03:14 AM
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage

Quote:
Ok I've decided to rewrite my SU (its almost done) to better fit into the RP. I planned to get it done and the IC thread posted by tonight, but sadly real life got in the way (I spent all weekend studying... so much fun!). This means those of you not accepted still have a little more time to finish your SUs before people start making second characters.

Sorry all I really wanted the IC up, but I ended up studying a whole lot more than originally planned (its taking me longer than I would like to memorize all these numbers.... not fun). Sorry about the delays... I really wanted this RP started last week, but life has a way of ruining our plans.
Nah, don't worry. I'll rewrite my SU, can I? I think being a Spy may not be what I wanted, and instead wanted to be a mail carrier Zorua [I'll think about my second pokemon soon...I just wasn't up for it really.] I can do this....right? Change of plans....maybe my second character, if I can even make one, is best fit for that mail carrier job.

Last edited by Otherworld9); December 12th, 2011 at 02:07 PM.
Old December 12th, 2011, 01:48 PM
ODSTmarine
Now XLegionxX

It just crossed my mind now, Do we have a map or something to reference were things are?

Or are we just gonna decide that as we go.

======
={Mark Vargas}=
Old December 12th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Stingray
This armor... I hate it

@ODST I was just going to roll with it as I go but now you mention it if I find the time I'll make a very Crude map (or find one). Though for the humans we really don't have much of an idea where things are at and such and the first thing we will be doing is sending out Recon teams (all the PCs will be in one team).

@Otherworld9) your welcome to remake your character but she has to be reapproved before you RP with her (which shouldn't be a problem). I realize you crossed that out, but thought I'd respond anyway. Also like your Signature ... Grimmjow FTW (though Gin Ichimaru is still my favorite Bleach character).
Old December 13th, 2011, 03:23 AM
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage

Quote:
@Otherworld9) your welcome to remake your character but she has to be reapproved before you RP with her (which shouldn't be a problem). I realize you crossed that out, but thought I'd respond anyway. Also like your Signature ... Grimmjow FTW (though Gin Ichimaru is still my favorite Bleach character).
Yeah! Grimmjow and Ulquiorra are awesome. Gin is too! Love his signature "bye-bye".......now to get on topic. Yeah, now that you mention it, you noted that Spies may not be necesserat so...I'll redo her with a different job. It shall be....Idk, I need to think about it.
Old December 13th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Stingray
This armor... I hate it

@Otherworld9) Yes I like Hollow Ichigo a lot too... sadly I think I like more "bad guys" in the series than good guys...

Ok revised character posted not as good (IMHO) as the old Ezekiel but I really want to start working on the IC post... That is my priority for now. Also added another Pokemon god, and I plan to work on a map a little later... and hopefully NOT make it look like I doodled in paint for 5 seconds (which is likely how it will look since my PC art skills are rather lacking...)

Sponsored Links