• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Thanks forever lol
i got just one more question atm
since we can only do lv 50 battles
how are the little leagues and tournaments MOSTLY set up on here
like do people just od the lv 50 or do the leagues and stuff make train ur pokemon to lv 100 so u can actually participate in them ........

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
Years
Cryogonal - #615 (Calm)
HP: 26 - 27
Att: 14 - 15
Def: 31
SpA: 30 - 31
SpD: 30 - 31
Speed: 26 - 27

Cryogonal - #615 (Calm)
HP: 30 - 31
Att: 22 - 23
Def: 22 - 23
SpA: 31
SpD: 30 - 31
Speed: 6 - 7

for a Cryogonal with a move set of
Reflect
Light screen
Recover
Ice beam

which IV spread is best for it?
which EV is best for it?

Last edited:

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
The Cryogonal you plan to have seems to be more defensive, so I think you'd want to go with the first set of IV's.

The Ev's you're looking for are 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD with a Calm nature and Light Clay/Leftovers as the item, if you want more information check out Cryogonal's Smogon page.

Good Luck :D !

Years
ok so i was looking at the banned list of pokemon on here and Smogon....
im just wondering if Blaziken is only banned if it has the dream World Abilty

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
ok so i was looking at the banned list of pokemon on here and Smogon....
im just wondering if Blaziken is only banned if it has the dream World Abilty

Nope, Smogon doesn't just ban one ability (aka Garchomp being an example of this, except for Chandelure but that doesn't really count overall in this situation) - so Blaziken is confined to ubers, no matter what ability it has.

Lezza

The Guy who loves Braviarys
Years
Black Team...

Well I have just got into competitive battling and I would like Feedback on my Team.
Torkoal@Leftys
Gyro Ball.
Curse.
Earthquake
Eruption.
252.Def. 252. HP 4Sp.Def
Relaxed. White Smoke
A more Defensive set-up. Curse increases Def and Gyro Balls power by 2.

Bisharp@Life Orb.
Night Slash
Psycho Cut
SD
Iron Head.
252 Atk. 252 Spd 4 Hp
Adamant. Defiant
Psyicall Attacker

Starmie@Lum Berry
TBolt
IBeam
Scald
Rapid Spin
252 SP.Atk. 252 Spd. 4 SpDef
Modest Natural Cure.
I dont know what item to put on it?

NOTE: I will not be changing these though I may edit them.
I would like a Entry Hazarder.Feedback appriciated

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Ferrothorn and Steelix make better Cursers than Torkoal because of their superior defensive typings and STAB on Gyro Ball:

Ferrothorn:
-Curse
-Gyro Ball
-Power Whip
-Bulldoze/Leech Seed
Nature: Sassy
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
Item: Leftovers/Shed Shell

Steelix:
-Curse
-Gyro Ball
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge/Explosion/Rest
Nature: Sassy
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 SDef
Item: Leftovers/Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy

For Bisharp, use Sucker Punch instead of Night Slash and Substitute over Psycho Cut (Sucker Punch can be obtained through breeding). You can also consider Brick Break over Iron Head for Steel Pokemon. If you use Substitute, use Leftovers.

Scald isn't cutting it for Starmie; use Surf or Hydro Pump instead. It's also best with a Timid nature to outspeed as much as it possibly can. Use Life Orb with Starmie.

Edit: Ferrothorn can also be used as an entry hazard setter:
-Stealth Rock/Spikes
-Leech Seed
-Gyro Ball/Thunder Wave/Protect
-Power Whip/Protect
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP/88 Def/168 SDef
Item: Leftovers/Rocky Helmet

Last edited:
Years
Monotype, which is the least used?

I was talking with a friend about different Mono-Type teams and novelty strategies(since we decided to play mono-type for fun against ourselves) and this question came up "Which type is used the least in Mono-Type?" Neither of us could answer that question. It seemed like all types were used equally, but some might be used less than others. I really want to figure out the answer to this question, especially since I decided that I would use a type that is rarely used in Mono-type for a breath of fresh air. So my question is "Which type in Mono-Type is the least used if not rarely used?"

Shiny Sheimi

Pokémon Perfectionist
Years
Obviously, I wouldn't be able to tell for certain and I don't have enough experience of monotype tournaments to make an accurate prediction either, but I'd probably say that Ghost would be used very little due to how few Ghost-types there are (and how few decent ones there are, too), and so would Psychic, due to it having quite a lot of weaknesses and disadvantages - namely, lots of the good Psychic-types are slow and would require Trick Room, which can be risky to set up. Electric-types are also generally quite weak but I don't think they would be used rarely due to the number of Electric-types available (not that many, but more than Ghost, definitely). There's also not much to choose from in the Fire-type, but I think people would still use that a lot despite the lack of variety.

So, yeah, I'd predict Ghost-type and Psychic-type, probably.

Years
So Ghost and Psychic huh? Guess that makes sense and If I had to choose, I'd probably choose to use Mono-Ghost since ghosts are more interesting to me, thanks

Shiny Sheimi

Pokémon Perfectionist
Years
Yeah, and it's not that there aren't some good Ghost-types. You certainly couldn't run Shedinja with a Ghost monotype team, but you could run Baton Pass Drifblim and Will-O-Wisp/Hex Gengar or Mismagius. I am a bit fond of Ghost-types myself - your choices are limited but it's possible to do really well with them. Just make sure you set up something that's anti-Dark (namely, Spiritomb or Sableye - you don't just want a Fight-type move to counter Dark-types because a hell of a lot of non-Dark-type Pokémon will have Dark-type moves), because it's a common move type and you already have Ghost 'covered' with Ghost. Move type variety is essential!

If you're into monotype battles, I'd love to have a few battles with you, if you're interested - I have quite a few teams. Don't have a Ghost one yet, but I can put one together if you're interested in doing Ghost v Ghost. :)

Edit: Forgot to mention that I don't have WiFi at the moment so it would have to be Pokémon Online.

Simmy93

Aspiring Emulator
Years
Quite new to the battling scene, me and a friend really want to do double battles. Can we double team online or are we required to find two people locally? Is there any features even in game against the computer we could tag team?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Quite new to the battling scene, me and a friend really want to do double battles. Can we double team online or are we required to find two people locally? Is there any features even in game against the computer we could tag team?

It depends on what game you have. In Black and White you can do this in the Multi Trains, but it's only against the computer, while gen 4 also has this with the "Pokémon Communication Club Colosseum" but no on the main games there is no way as of yet to tag battle online, so you're going to have to face the computer :(

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Time to Get #6 - Raichu Help!

Hello everyone!

I have been EV training my Pokemon Party in SoulSilver for quite some time now. I just recently spent 2 whole days of trading my old party (aka the Parents of my newly breed Pokemon) to get the exact Nature I want, after reaching level 100 for their parents.

Now I have had 5 across my entire game play of SoulSilver, never cared to work on #6. Until now, its time to find the perfect fit in. The more ideas/opinions, the better! Here is my party:

Naive Raichu (Mighty Fast)
Modest Ninetales
Modest Umbreon
Hasty Espeon
Sassy Dragonite
??????????????

And a good movepool for a Raichu? I had the father learn Volt Tackle with Focus Punch, Thunder & Rain Dance. But I want Raichu to know Thunderbolt instead and still has the moves learned from his father. Just lost on what I should teach him. As Rain Dance take a turn to use and the foe is likely to switch to a Ground/Earthquake user by the time I can use Thunder. Gross Knot would be a good move to teach him as well. He does know Focus Blast rather than Focus Punch now so don't mention that lol

Thunderbolt, Focus Blast, Grass Knot..4th move? I don't even have a clue..I like Volt Tackle though, powerful move. Shame recoil exist lol

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
Years
Raichu needs something like this....

Raichu @ Leftovers/Focus Sash
Timid nature
EV's: 252 Speed, 252 Sp. Attack, 6 HP

Thunderbolt
Grass Knot
Nasty Plot
Substitute

You can run Focus Blast to deal with the Rocks.....however you're left open to Ground types. Grass Knot, in my opinion has better coverage. It hits Ground and Rocks. But it's up to you.
If you're going Physical, go with this

Raichu @ Leftovers
Jolly nature
EV's: 252 Speed, 252 Attack, 6 HP

Thunder Punch
Brick Break
Substitute
Return

You can run Volt Tackle over T-Punch for more power, but the recoil will eventually take its toll. Focus Punch is good combo with Substitute, however I like Brick Break better, in my opinion. Return is just a filler...you could run Protect, Toxic, T-Wave....but it's entirely up to you.

Good luck!

Let me edit:

If you're gonna run a Dragonite, never use a Sassy nature! It hinders 'Nite's already slow speed. Use something like this

Dragonite @ Leftovers/Life Orb
Adamant nature

Outrage
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Fire Punch

Other options include: Dragon Claw for less power and more reliable, Roost to recover damage, Superpower to deal with Rock and Ice types, and Extreme Speed as a priority move.

Last edited:

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Raichu needs something like this....

If you're gonna run a Dragonite, never use a Sassy nature! It hinders 'Nite's already slow speed. Use something like this

Dragonite @ Leftovers/Life Orb
Adamant nature

Outrage
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Fire Punch

Other options include: Dragon Claw for less power and more reliable, Roost to recover damage, Superpower to deal with Rock and Ice types, and Extreme Speed as a priority move.
Alright, well earlier today I restarted half the team. I replaced Dragonite with a newly bred Gabite (Garchomp, Speed). Even though he's banned, but I don't do tournaments. For the Raichu Help, got him maxed to level 100 anyway. I just put him in the box and he'll be for fun use rather than competitive as well. I'll keep that in mind, Jolly Raichu may fit for to my favor though. :)

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
Years
Nice choice on Garchomp! I have one in my personal team with a Jolly nature, and in my opinion, it is the best non-Legendary Physical sweeper. Glad you were able to get one.

Anyways, I have a question for the experienced competitive battlers. I recently made a custom EV spread for Uxie. I am wondering what ya'll think about a mixed wall, for Special and Physical attacks. Moveset, EV spread, nature, and held item will be posted below.

Uxie @ Leftovers
Relaxed nature
EV's: 252 HP, 126 Defense, 126 Sp. Defense, 6 Sp. Attack

Extrasensory ---- Might switch for Psychic later on.
Toxic ------ Major annoyer, great for all walls in my opinion.
Amnesia ------- For bumping up Sp. Defense, since Defense is higher.
Yawn -------- May replace it for something else....since it's an easy move to avoid.

Well, post your opinions....or PM me. I appreciate it!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Nice choice on Garchomp! I have one in my personal team with a Jolly nature, and in my opinion, it is the best non-Legendary Physical sweeper. Glad you were able to get one.

Anyways, I have a question for the experienced competitive battlers. I recently made a custom EV spread for Uxie. I am wondering what ya'll think about a mixed wall, for Special and Physical attacks. Moveset, EV spread, nature, and held item will be posted below.

Uxie @ Leftovers
Relaxed nature
EV's: 252 HP, 126 Defense, 126 Sp. Defense, 6 Sp. Attack

Extrasensory ---- Might switch for Psychic later on.
Toxic ------ Major annoyer, great for all walls in my opinion.
Amnesia ------- For bumping up Sp. Defense, since Defense is higher.
Yawn -------- May replace it for something else....since it's an easy move to avoid.

Well, post your opinions....or PM me. I appreciate it!
Uxie is more of a team supporter than a dedicated wall, as seen here:
-Stealth Rock
-U-turn
-Thunder Wave/Toxic
-Psychic/Heal Bell/Yawn
Nature: Bold/Impish
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Item: Leftovers

Uxie has enough Speed to do whatever it needs to do before other defensive Pokemon can do anything and has enough natural bulk to take hits from faster Pokemon. Even though Uxie's defenses are naturally high, it's best to focus on its physical defense because it helps it to take Fighting attacks should it switch into them.

Also, when coming up with EV spreads, make sure that the amount you use for one stat is divisible by 4.

Years
I'm planning on using a Multiscale Dragonite for my friend's upcoming tournament, where you are required to use a dragon type and something that resembles a dragon. I am wondering what is the best set to use for a multiscale Dragonite. Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back