The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 7th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Nature: Naughty
Looks like it's about time for a new Pokemon movie! This chapter shall feature the legendary Pokémon Kyruem, Cobalion, Terrakion, and Vizirion. It's due for release in July 2012 in Japanese theaters.

Check out the trailer!

Paired to cr4y

Last edited by Anna; June 6th, 2013 at 02:10 PM.
Old December 7th, 2011, 08:49 PM
TheChaosBlue
Jump On Box For a Free Life!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to TheChaosBlue
Interresting; nice to see the Musketeer Trio in the next movie.

Oh, and Kryrem as well...hmm, wonder how those three have any relation in the movie? Maybe some new antogonist 'angers' the beast, disturbing the land of the Musketeer Trio, so they come out of hiding to stop him?

Just a guess...heh.
Old December 7th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
I am curious to see Keldeo involvement in this(which I got to think will happen). 3 on 1 reminds me of Lugia vs. Bird Trio, only thing for me is Kyurem doesn't strike me as having the same stature as Lugia. Not to mention Fighting>Ice gonna be a pain.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old December 8th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
I'm not too excited yet, it's just really a confirmation of all the speculation that was going on. I'm also quite interested to see if Keldeo will play a role in this movie. There has been speculation of a new form, which would be quite nice, although it would be too similar to Movie 11.

Old December 8th, 2011, 10:34 AM
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Yahoo to deoxys121
Awesome. This means Keldeo will finally be released... hopefully. After getting Keldeo from this movie (hopefully), instead of 646/649 taunting me, it will be 647/649. :\ The trailer looks awesome though. I don't speak Japanese, so that's all I can say about it.

Also, perhaps they'll release a special Kyurem with Freeze Shock and Ice Burn. *crosses fingers*
Old December 8th, 2011, 05:09 PM
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!

Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
I'm looking forward for the movie. I'll most likely be more excited until the next trailer comes out but as of right now, I'm glad that they are making a Movie 15 with Kyruem.
Old December 10th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Blue Rose
Beginning Trainer

It looks good. Current preview of the movie suggests that Kyurem is destroying a factory-esque area...which conflicts with the primary motive of the Musketeers, as they are famous for saving Pokemon's home from human expansion (and pollution, I assume)...so I dunno what's going on exactly. But I look forward to it considering it might have more info on Kyurem, which I really want to hear.
Old December 10th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
Didn't think Kyurem would be connected with these three. So will the Genie trio feature with Genesect and Meloetta then?
Old December 12th, 2011, 07:09 PM
TheGr8
lovely pair<3
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Jolly
I am so looking forward to this movie because Terrakion will be in it, I haven't watched any of the other movies recently, but I keep up with the season anime episodes! I can't wait to see this!

Youtube | Twitter | VGC| Pair

Signature by Khalei

Old December 23rd, 2011, 06:35 AM
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluerang1 View Post
Didn't think Kyurem would be connected with these three. So will the Genie trio feature with Genesect and Meloetta then?
Thats what I thought when I first heard of this movie. I am looking forward to spoil myself of what is the background between these four Pokemon. I started to love Cobalion (thanks to Pokemon Rumble Blast) so I can't wait to see this one in action. I also wonder on how Keldo would be given away in Japanese movie theaters like several other Pokemon were given.

TG

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old January 2nd, 2012, 03:29 PM
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

I really do want to see Keldeo have a major role here. This would give reason to release Keldeo as an event Pokemon. However, as of yet, Keldeo has yet to be mentioned. Also, Keldeo is not shown in the teaser poster or the trailer.
Spoiler:

Perhaps, though, Keldeo might be a surprise to the plot towards the end. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Old January 2nd, 2012, 06:07 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys121 View Post
I really do want to see Keldeo have a major role here. This would give reason to release Keldeo as an event Pokemon. However, as of yet, Keldeo has yet to be mentioned. Also, Keldeo is not shown in the teaser poster or the trailer.
Spoiler:

Perhaps, though, Keldeo might be a surprise to the plot towards the end. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
OMG I love the poster!!!! I have a feeling they may hype it up, show a silhouette of the alternate form Kyurem and Keldeo around the same time. And dang Kyurem looks so much bigger then all three of them combined.

Old January 3rd, 2012, 08:35 AM
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Also, perhaps with this movie, they will release an event Kyurem that knows both Freeze Shock and Ice Burn, moves speculated to be Kyurem's signature moves, but cannot be learned by normal means. This would be similar to releasing a Victini with the otherwise-unobtainable V-Create.
Old February 12th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluerang1 View Post
Keldeo confirmed for the movie, no surprise.
Posted in wrong thread. And:
Spoiler:

via pokejungle
Old February 29th, 2012, 06:01 PM
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

New trailer for this movie. This show's Kyurem's new forms, which look a lot better imo. Apparently, Kyurem will have an antagonistic role, whereas the Legendary Musketeers will be the protagonists.
Old February 29th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Sheep
sheep x steven OTP

Nature: Timid
Ahh I'm so glad to see they included Pokemon the older main cast have owned in the Meloetta special. :D Granted I know they're probably not actually theirs but it's still a nice little thing for the anime staff to do for us older fans who are still watching~ :3

da best | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Avatar & Signature by Achromatic
Old March 1st, 2012, 10:49 AM
fenyx4
X does Y WITH AUTHORITY!

Quote:
Spoiler:

That poster looks so freaking cool! I love the fog effects, how Kyurem looms over the Musketeer trio, the "light beams", and how the Musketeer Trio look like they're making a stand against an antagonizing force.

Quote:

New trailer for this movie. This show's Kyurem's new forms, which look a lot better imo. Apparently, Kyurem will have an antagonistic role, whereas the Legendary Musketeers will be the protagonists.
Also, there's a new poster that also advertises the Pikachu short for the movie, Meloetta's Glittery Recital. It also displays Black Kyurem and White Kyurem, with Original!Kyurem in the spotlight. I LOL'd at Stunfisk's appearance on the movie poster; it seems so out of place yet determined to do something "big" in the movie. :cer_laugh:

Spoiler:

The trailer looks amazing (one of the CGI vehicles looked weird, but the trailer otherwise seems flawless from visuals alone).

I'm hoping that the names of the movie title and the Pikachu short don't get changed in the English translation. I mean, in the title "Kyurem vs. The Sacred Swordsmen", you have a fight implied by the use of "versus", the (long-awaited) anime debut of Kyurem and its two Formes (nicely succeeding the previous Victini movie(s)), the Musketeer Trio being indicated as well as clever incorporation of the name of their signature move (Sacred Sword), and a succinct description of the movie's featured Pokemon. How awesome is that?

*Apparently, the movie's full title is Kyurem vs. The Sacred Swordsmen: Keldeo. I know that Keldeo is likely going to be more prominent than its Musketeer Group brethren, but the word "Keldeo" just seems so out-of-place, tacked onto the end of the title like that. Yeah, several other Pokemon movies have done the same thing, but this is the most awkward usage I've seen of it. Not to mention that there's apparent discrepancies on whether the "Swordsmen" part is Swordsmen or Swordsman. "Swordsman" would probably make the "Keldeo" term not seem like it was randomly tacked on and would imply that Keldeo will have more of a role than its other Musketeer Pokemon fellows.

In any case, Kyurem vs. The Sacred Swordsmen would work better IMO (Keldeo can still be referenced in that abbreviated title because it is a Musketeer Pokemon and can still learn the move Sacred Sword along with its signature move, Secret Sword), and Meloetta's Glittery Recital would work too (because recitals can contain singing and dancing, and "glitter" fits the nature of a Pikachu Short. XD).
Old March 29th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Reshiram Man
Resident Peacekeeper

Nature: Modest
It would be awesome if all 4 musketeer pokemon and Ash all stand up and fight Kyurem near the end of the move.
The place where I was born

Scars, she’s got her scars
Sometimes it starts to worry me
Cause lose, I don’t want to lose
Sight of who we are

From the mountains high
To the wave-crashed coast
There’s a way to find
Better days I know

It’s been a long hard ride
Got a ways to go
This is still the place
That we all call home
Old September 17th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Cartoon Network Premiere is confirmed for December 8th. And Keldeo VA is Vic Mignogna(the voice of Edward Elric).

Old September 17th, 2012, 03:44 PM
fenyx4
X does Y WITH AUTHORITY!

Official English Trailer for Kyurem VS The Sword of Justice:

Wow...only 2 posts by different users since my last post in this thread? XD I would think that the movie would've garnered more attention by now. :cer_laugh: I mean, it stars freaking Kyurem (in three Formes!)

Anyway, I had a feeling I would be averse to the dub title... I really like that they kept the Versus Title concept from the original Japanese title, but I personally think that Kyurem VS. The Sacred Swordsman (or Swordsmen, depending on how you choose to write it) is a cooler (sub-)title than Kyurem VS. The Sword of Justice.

I was definitely shocked when I heard Keldeo speak for the first time. I was like "OMG this sounds so much like Ed Elric of Fullmetal Alchemist!" Lo and behold, Vic Mignogna is Keldeo's English voice actor. XD I was envisioning more of a cutesy voice for Keldeo (I wasn't even aware that it and its Legendary Musketeer Pokemon companions were going to have lengthy speaking roles in the film). I wished that Shoko Nakagawa (Japanese model, Pokemon Smash TV host, and Keldeo's Japanese voice actress) had voiced Keldeo for the English adaptation, but the Colt Pokemon apparently has to speak (a lot), so that's a no-go... :cer_laugh:

It's going to be really weird hearing Keldeo talk in English, because I'll constantly be thinking of Ed Elric doing the speaking (not to mention that I think the voice should've been a bit higher-pitched for a Pokemon that looks like Keldeo)... Still, I'm hoping that I become relatively accustomed to the voice as time goes on; nevertheless, the English dubbing crew picked a great voice actor for the part (one of my favorite English voice actors, at that). :D

And now, I wait for Kyurem's English VA...

Also, first TVTropes article (pertains to this movie) FTW!
Old September 17th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I guess this movie's gonna be good, despite me being disappointed in the dub title and Keldeo's voice.

But I know how famous Vic Mignogna is, so I guess he makes up for it.
Old September 17th, 2012, 05:54 PM
voicerocker
Psyduck

I'll admit, Keldeo wasn't the character I thought Vic would be playing, but remembering that Keldeo is supposed to be a "Sacred Swordsman" and not just another cutesy Pokemon like Mew, Celebi or Jirachi, Vic's voice fits quite well. And regardless of the voice, Vic's a great actor.

That's one of my favorite things about voice acting! Now this little guy:

will be voiced by the same actor who played this guy:

Though, now I wonder who will be voicing the other Swordsmen since I figured Vic was going to be one of them. Hmm...

Pokemon White 2 Team:
Old December 10th, 2012, 07:11 PM
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
I've never really liked the anime after the 2nd gen, but hearing Edward Elric's voice made the movie aweshome for me. Just hearing Vic say Pokemon names makes me feel like Edward knows about Pokemon. <3...Oh God I'm a geek.

The movie itself wasn't a disappointment, I haven't seen the beginning or end but from what I've seen, I like it.
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Old December 10th, 2012, 07:18 PM
MelchiorFlyer
Flygon

Nature: Naive
Omygosh! Do you mean Kyrem vs. the Swords of Justice? I've already seen it! Man it's so cool. A must see for Pokefans!

PM Me if you add me~!

Flygon is my bby~!
Old December 10th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Minato Arisato
Memento mori...

Nature: Quiet
...It had Vic Mignogna in it? Gosh darn it. I should have watched it. Now I feel stupid.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links