• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Official PokéCommunity Shipping Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
Yeah, I suppose even bmgf has rules about not shipping people with themselves XD
XD Nah, no such rules. Everything is free game, as long as it exists in canon. Because they do have self-ships. And that one ship with cities. And Miror B./his music....or did I imagine that one? I just don't wanna give it to them. Funny as it is, it's pointless.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
Years
Natural Harmonia Gropius sounds incredibly stupid. Who the hell names his kid Natural??? (Okay fine, Ghetsis might have something to do with this sea-in as he's one of the worst fathers that could ever exist : / )

But Gropius? Seriously? What does that even mean? I probably missed something here, but Gropius is just so terrible.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
But Gropius? Seriously? What does that even mean? I probably missed something here, but Gropius is just so terrible.

Gropius must mean the kid groped with Pokemon all his life since he never hung out with humans. He's too cool for human relationships. Which is why we have this fandom.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Pokemon shipping used to be fun. Then BW took an arrow to the knee...

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Theft of sweetrolls up by 10,000% and Ash finally ends his adventures of becoming a Pokemon master after taking an arrow in the knee. Scratch that, Spearow in the knee.

But seriously, that would be amazing. The exploration of towns would be aaamaaaaazing, and so much choice on whether you could be good or evil...which would mean Game Freak wouldn't do it. But Pokemon with Skyrim exploration would be great, yes.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Great originality guys, I'm so bored of seeing that meme. I wouldn't change Pokémon like that at all, Skyrim is too hardcore.

BW has so much shipping potential.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Mew~ used to be a cool user. Then he took an arrow meme in the knee...its been there since March 2009. This joke still makes me laugh, I don't know if its because it's that I only noticed it one week ago, or it's just me...it's me. kewl song

I feel like none of the BW ships are that great. At least everything with Barry or Paul was funny or cute. The dragon buster girl is cool...and Dento's rival is pretty fun in an annoying way, but all other supporting characters don't seem that great (Trip, Kenyan) or annoying (Bel). And so I suppose I'm limited to what I can support this series round D: I am still hoping for N to improve the series.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
BW is starting to have a lot of shipping clips/hints in the anime. Wishfulshipping is starting to show more and so is Negaishipping which is what I'm loving about BW.

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
I wouldn't agree BW's "is starting to have" anything related to Wishful and Negai, unless you mean the dub and not the originals, since the last seven episodes from Japan were so barren of anything that wasn't a plotdrive for each episode, focusing much more on outsider characters than the group (which leads to Trip on Alder, Axew on Scraggy, Chili on Cress [and not even Cilan], Cilan fawning over Charles and Charles with a sorta-girlfriend, Iris and the Deino, Ash and Robert).

The last thing remotely Negaishipping was the last Subway Master episode (and even then, Cilan was more concrete in his admiration of the twins than Ash and Iris were during their "date"). Wishfulshipping seems to be suffering too, if you think Iris's mutterings at him were tired exasperation on her part whenever he overdid it in the fawning department (because they're easily more that than her liking him and wanting him to get over himself [or whatever]).

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I wouldn't agree BW's "is starting to have" anything related to Wishful and Negai, unless you mean the dub and not the originals, since the last seven episodes from Japan were so barren of anything that wasn't a plotdrive for each episode, focusing much more on outsider characters than the group (which leads to Trip on Alder, Axew on Scraggy, Chili on Cress [and not even Cilan], Cilan fawning over Charles and Charles with a sorta-girlfriend, Iris and the Deino, Ash and Robert).

The last thing remotely Negaishipping was the last Subway Master episode (and even then, Cilan was more concrete in his admiration of the twins than Ash and Iris were during their "date"). Wishfulshipping seems to be suffering too, if you think Iris's mutterings at him were tired exasperation on her part whenever he overdid it in the fawning department (because they're easily more that than her liking him and wanting him to get over himself [or whatever]).
This is all lies.
1322734658250.jpg

Was going to use this for the caption contest. xD;

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012

This is all lies.
1322734658250.jpg

Was going to use this for the caption contest. xD;
All lies?

You picked one moment out of a whole seven episodes and it's the one where Iris was terrified of the Vanillite and had a natural reaction because that's how she handles her fear (by not running but trying to put herself between something and it [and her back counts; it's to remind us she's a girl, compared to how Cilan reacts to his dislike of Purrloin])?

She could have hid behind Ash and everyone would be calling it a Negai hint. So no, not all lies. :B And the reason she could not have hid behind Ash was because he was about to battle and the animators wanted only him of the three kids to battle (and especially unhindered), meaning Cilan had to be it by default, since they /had/ to have Iris react to Vanillite's presence, and this shot doesn't even show that Cilan was completely surprised/shocked/unsettled she used him. Scene way out of context (and context is everything); it's just something cute, but it's a far cry from being a real hint or even a shippy moment.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
All lies?

You picked one moment out of a whole seven episodes and it's the one where Iris was terrified of the Vanillite and had a natural reaction because that's how she handles her fear (by not running but trying to put herself between something and it [and her back counts; it's to remind us she's a girl, compared to how Cilan reacts to his dislike of Purrloin])?

She could have hid behind Ash and everyone would be calling it a Negai hint. So no, not all lies. :B And the reason she could not have hid behind Ash was because he was about to battle and the animators wanted only him of the three kids to battle (and especially unhindered), meaning Cilan had to be it by default, since they /had/ to have Iris react to Vanillite's presence, and this shot doesn't even show that Cilan was completely surprised/shocked/unsettled she used him. Scene way out of context (and context is everything); it's just something cute, but it's a far cry from being a real hint or even a shippy moment.
^ This is an example of over analysing.

By all that logic half of the hints pointed out in the anime are wrong. There isn't any fun in that. So yeah.

I picked out one moment for you, seeing as you said there had been no interactions at all. I'd say they could have let Iris run and hide behind a bunch of boxes. But maybe she ran behind Cilan because she thought of him as a protective figure.

It's also really funny that her face is by his butt.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
Regardless of what ship the writers are going for in Iris...be it Negai or Wishful..it's bound to be one-sided on Iris' part. Cilan isn't going to go for a 10 year old girl, he hasn't shown an interest in any girls in general. Nothing needs to be said about Ash, since he's clueless as all hell.

I suppose someone could come along and develop a mutual/one-sided crush on her, but I thought it would have happened by now. Drew, and May interest in each other was already established by this point in the series (60 episodes), as was Kenny's interest in Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back