The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #2576    
Old December 12th, 2011 (03:05 PM).
drunk ¬_¬'s Avatar
drunk ¬_¬
Inebriated Baby
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mixing the perfect martini for Roxy Lalonde <3
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakuzami View Post
@ODST - OH EM GEE, HALF LIFE~! :D
xD

Well, anyways, Blaziken15 kinda made me come up with an idea for the Journey RPs, so here it is:
The Lost Journies:
Pokemon training; a practice long since forgotten. Although there may be some people that still live and fight alongside Pokemon, there has not been a Pokemon League since the Great War nearly half a century ago. Now that the effects of the war have, for the most part, subsided, the Pokemon League is reforming. In an attempt to encourage people to once again go on Pokemon Journies, the newly reformed Pokemon League has initiated a challenge of sorts. This challenge will require that you travel around your home region and defeat the recently rebuilt Pokemon Gyms, and eventually enter the Pokemon Conference in that region, if you make it far enough of course. Not only will the victorious trainers become famous and be crowned Pokemon Champions, but they shall receive a very large sum of prize money.

Sounds perfect, right? The chance to travel the world, train Pokemon, and even become rich while doing so? Incredible! However, there are those that will not stand to see the revival of the Pokemon League, and let us pray to Arceus that you never encounter them. . .
And then from there we go on to explain the evil teams and everything, and whatever else might need explaining/expanding, and then I guess it's good to go~! If everyone likes the idea, of course.

So, seeing as we're limiting it to about 3 RPers per region, or 15 RPers total, would it be better to have it all in one RP, 2 RPs, or 5 separate RPs? I don't think it should be the latter, but if it's what everyone else prefers, then whatever.
I don't know. I honestly don't see the necessity of having this be a post-world war world… it doesn't seem to bring anything too different from other similar RPs like the Breezy's Whirl Cup or Swan's Fresh Start to the mixture.

Also, taking into consideration that five is a prime number, I don't know if I'd make any number of threads other than one or five… I don't know how two or three would work.



IN OTHER NEWS --- I'm torn between making a journey RP (using Arceus as a clichéd plot device… as well as other secret plot stuff that I thought would one day be a fanfic :3), or making a journey-like Digimon RP (which would use "biomerging" as a way to reach the Mega level, and be heavily centered around the Digimon Frontier Spirits)…

Suggestions people?
__________________
  #2577    
Old December 12th, 2011 (03:14 PM).
Nakuzami's Avatar
Nakuzami
The Savior
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Luxerion
Age: 16
Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunk ¬_¬ View Post
I don't know. I honestly don't see the necessity of having this be a post-world war world… it doesn't seem to bring anything too different from other similar RPs like the Breezy's Whirl Cup or Swan's Fresh Start to the mixture.

Also, taking into consideration that five is a prime number, I don't know if I'd make any number of threads other than one or five… I don't know how two or three would work.
Well, I don't want it to be way out there. With this background, it gives a reason as to why Pokemon Journies have not been around for half a century. It also gives it a more unique backstory and leaves some questions around this "Great War" which we can later build off of, or maybe not. Depends on how it goes.

Well, with two RPs you'd have 2 regions in one and 3 in another. If it went up to three, you'd have two in two and one in one. It doesn't need to be exactly even, but I don't think the number of threads really matters, other than the fact it would separate the RPers more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunk ¬_¬ View Post
IN OTHER NEWS --- I'm torn between making a journey RP (using Arceus as a clichéd plot device… as well as other secret plot stuff that I thought would one day be a fanfic :3), or making a journey-like Digimon RP (which would use "biomerging" as a way to reach the Mega level, and be heavily centered around the Digimon Frontier Spirits)…

Suggestions people?
. . . oh my Arceus, do not use Arceus . . . xD
Digimon . . . well, I don't know what exactly Digimon Spirits is, but I'm sure you could make it work. Just as long as you don't make a Pokemon RP with a cliche Arceus plot o.o
__________________
  #2578    
Old December 12th, 2011 (03:17 PM).
{Swan}'s Avatar
{Swan}
I Never Asked For This.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Europe
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
I'd say a world after a Great War would be an awesome thing to play with, but not after things have subsided, that would completely defeat the purpose. I mean imagine a world just recovering from such a thing, with the craters from the bombs still in the ground, the trenches still dug, the people still in poverty and relying on a government to make it all better again. A government that might not have the well-being of the people in their interests. Now that is a setting you could really play with.

In fact if I hand't just started a new rp that would've been a setting I could dive nose-first into. Especially playing with the scars of the people and the distrust for foreigners that would be triggered, it would make for a pretty dark roleplay.

But maybe I've just been reading too many war books.
__________________

Find me on:

Storenvy :: DeviantART :: Tumblr :: Twitter
  #2579    
Old December 12th, 2011 (03:46 PM).
drunk ¬_¬'s Avatar
drunk ¬_¬
Inebriated Baby
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mixing the perfect martini for Roxy Lalonde <3
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by {Swan} View Post
I'd say a world after a Great War would be an awesome thing to play with, but not after things have subsided, that would completely defeat the purpose. I mean imagine a world just recovering from such a thing, with the craters from the bombs still in the ground, the trenches still dug, the people still in poverty and relying on a government to make it all better again. A government that might not have the well-being of the people in their interests. Now that is a setting you could really play with.
I whole-heartedly agree with this. However, I don't see why anyone would go out on a Pokémon journey in something similar to post-WWI Europe (although with a proper reason (ie. not money)) I'm sure it could work.

And personally, I don't really understand how Arceus is a bad thing in an RP… he's the freaking God of Pokémon, I get it, underplay or overplay him and you destroy your credibility… but I believe I could work wonders using him as a short-lived major plot device.

Anyways, it seems like there's about to be a surplus of journey RPs (not that I'm complaining since I love them), but maybe I should go with the Digimon one to bring out something with less competition… I'm sure I'll post my journey concept here at some point. Besides, I'm way more willing to let Christmas kill a Digimon RP than a Pokémon one… x3

@Nakuzami: The spirits are the things that let the Digi-destined turn into Digimon in the fourth season… it's farfetch'd taking the rest of the series into consideration but hell, it's canon.
__________________
  #2580    
Old December 12th, 2011 (04:03 PM).
Nakuzami's Avatar
Nakuzami
The Savior
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Luxerion
Age: 16
Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by {Swan} View Post
I'd say a world after a Great War would be an awesome thing to play with, but not after things have subsided, that would completely defeat the purpose. I mean imagine a world just recovering from such a thing, with the craters from the bombs still in the ground, the trenches still dug, the people still in poverty and relying on a government to make it all better again. A government that might not have the well-being of the people in their interests. Now that is a setting you could really play with.

In fact if I hand't just started a new rp that would've been a setting I could dive nose-first into. Especially playing with the scars of the people and the distrust for foreigners that would be triggered, it would make for a pretty dark roleplay.

But maybe I've just been reading too many war books.
That is actually a pretty great idea. But like drunk said, it wouldn't make too much sense for a bunch of people (teenagers no less) to go out and travel the world, and I don't see why their parents would let them.
But if we kept the large sum of prize money thing, I can totally see why they would go out. And perhaps being a Pokemon Champion would give you some amount of say in the government? Either way, we would then need to come up with a reason for the governments to be doing this. . .

@drunk ¬_¬ - I just see anything involving Arceus to be cliche for some reason, lol. But if you manage to make it original enough . . . then I could reconsider that, lol.
__________________
  #2581    
Old December 12th, 2011 (04:24 PM).
Adventure's Avatar
Adventure
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Skaia
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
I like the Arceus plate idea. That's that.

Also, a surge in journey RPs doesn't necessarily mean that there are suddenly too many of those. They have a limit to the number of players, don't they? Thus, there are probably some people who still haven't joined a journey RP but might like to try it.

The "region reviving competition" idea is starting to tire me though... in my RP, it's mostly a way to spice up things by letting the trainers start with two already pretty strong pokémon that have bonded well with their trainer. And a reason for the characters to go around and interact and meet bad guys, of course :3 But a RP like this needs some kind of subplot that perhaps eventually becomes the main plot...
__________________

to think you were once a stranger
and every day with you an adventure

  #2582    
Old December 12th, 2011 (04:51 PM).
Blaziken15's Avatar
Blaziken15
You gotta purty mouth!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: You know, the place, with the thing, and the stuff
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Hardy
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Blaziken15
Here's my "Great War" idea;

It was “The Great War”, the war that nearly ended the civilizations within the Pokemon Universe. Every region was involved, and every region was affected. Lives were lost, cities were ruined and the species known as Pokemon were almost extinct. But just when everyone thought all was lost, the final remaining Pokemon managed to bring peace to the human forces from each region.

After the war, the humans found themselves without anything to go back to. The war they had spent years one had ended in, what seemed to be, the end of civilization. But the Pokemon decided to help the humans, even though they did not deserve it at all. After all, the humans nearly ended life as we knew it. They had lost more then they had ever dreamed of, but they did recover.

After a seven year war, it took Pokemon and humans nearly 20 years in order to reconstruct what was lost from the events. Now that everything had returned to normal, Pokemon journeys had become much less popular after the war. Adolescents wanted some kind of adventure for themselves like there was back before the war.
  #2583    
Old December 12th, 2011 (04:58 PM).
Nakuzami's Avatar
Nakuzami
The Savior
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Luxerion
Age: 16
Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
I like the Arceus plate idea. That's that.

Also, a surge in journey RPs doesn't necessarily mean that there are suddenly too many of those. They have a limit to the number of players, don't they? Thus, there are probably some people who still haven't joined a journey RP but might like to try it.

The "region reviving competition" idea is starting to tire me though... in my RP, it's mostly a way to spice up things by letting the trainers start with two already pretty strong pokémon that have bonded well with their trainer. And a reason for the characters to go around and interact and meet bad guys, of course :3 But a RP like this needs some kind of subplot that perhaps eventually becomes the main plot...
You likey Arceus Plates? Hm . . . erm . . . we could still integrate those . . . um . . . once we figure out what we're actually going to do, lol.
Ooooooooooooooh, maybe the Arceus Plates are needed to um . . . well, summon Arceus (or at least his powers) and restore the world to its former glory, if we take things to the extreme of "The Great War" that Blaziken15 just described. That way we can be in a world that is kind of . . . wrecked, but the RPers end up restoring it or something in the . . . actually, in the sequel, as what you mentioned was there only being a certain number of plates in each region. 3 RPers = 3 Plates. That's 15 plates, and the final one could be in the sequel?

"Region Reviving Competition" . . . why am I not sure what you're talking baout? Lol xD
__________________
  #2584    
Old December 12th, 2011 (06:13 PM). Edited December 12th, 2011 by drunk ¬_¬.
drunk ¬_¬'s Avatar
drunk ¬_¬
Inebriated Baby
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mixing the perfect martini for Roxy Lalonde <3
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakuzami View Post


You likey Arceus Plates? Hm . . . erm . . . we could still integrate those . . . um . . . once we figure out what we're actually going to do, lol.
Ooooooooooooooh, maybe the Arceus Plates are needed to um . . . well, summon Arceus (or at least his powers) and restore the world to its former glory, if we take things to the extreme of "The Great War" that Blaziken15 just described. That way we can be in a world that is kind of . . . wrecked, but the RPers end up restoring it or something in the . . . actually, in the sequel, as what you mentioned was there only being a certain number of plates in each region. 3 RPers = 3 Plates. That's 15 plates, and the final one could be in the sequel?

"Region Reviving Competition" . . . why am I not sure what you're talking baout? Lol xD
Yup, that's what I would've done… WELL! Now that it's been pointed out that I'm not the most creative cat in the block, I guess I should simply move on…

DIGIMON!
Spoiler:
"The Digital World, unlike our own world, is not ruled by the laws of physics, or at least, not the same physics that control matter in our universe. You see; the Digital World is named such because it is a world comprised entirely of data that has either fallen into place coincidentally, or been purposely programmed into its current position.

Due to this, the Digital World is unlike your two-dimensional surface plane. Instead, it is comprised of layers, which overlap each other and are connected in a far-from-linear fashion. However, you need not worry about this, the physics of the Digital World emulate those of the physical world, and thus, you may think of it as a simple plane of existence. We understand you feeble minds wouldn't manage not to.

What are you doing here? You may ask yourself.

You see, the Digital World is under dire peril; and we, Digital Monsters, or Digimons, the inhabitants of this world are absolutely, one hundred percent unable to do anything about it. Thus, we NEED you. You are not in a position to argue, we do not wish to know your feelings regarding the matter, but above all, we do not wish you to oppose us. You will do as is required of you in order to save us, or you will face the same fate we will. Not death… but the utter and complete erasure of your existence. You have NO choice in the matter.

You see… we, Digimon, are unlike humans in many aspects. We share your speech and your conceptual ideals of etiquette, but as living beings, we are too different. We have powers over data of the Digital World, call it nature if it makes you feel slightly less confused, but it is a concept you will soon understand. We are able to evolve into stronger versions of ourselves, and we are not necessarily mortal, but as of now, we are unable to defend ourselves against an inside threat. A threat you will dispose of.

As I stated, Digimon evolve into more powerful versions of ourselves with the passage of time, and the strongest of us are those who've reached the Mega level. However, these Digimon have somehow disappeared, and I'm next if I don't continue to use my powers in order to preserve myself. With only Ultimate Digimon left to defend us, we're vulnerable. That's why we need you. You will be led by a group of partner Digimon, you will help and protect those who need you, you will overthrow those who wish to end us, and only then, you will be free to go; so good luck, chosen children… and Godspeed."
– Azulongmon


Let me know what you guys think! :D

It's some sort of intro/compilation of the OP for the concept. I still need to come to terms with some of the mechanics for how the RP will work (and figure out some other stuff too), but this is what I've managed to create out of boredom.

… aalchemmyyyyy
__________________
  #2585    
Old December 12th, 2011 (06:23 PM).
The Last Sentinel's Avatar
The Last Sentinel
Beginning Tracker
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Journeying in an unknown land
Gender: Male
Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to The Last Sentinel
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunk ¬_¬ View Post
Yup, that's what I would've done… WELL! Now that it's been pointed out that I'm not the most creative cat in the block, I guess I should simply move on…

DIGIMON!
Spoiler:
"The Digital World, unlike our own world, is not ruled by the laws of physics, or at least, not the same physics that control matter in our universe. You see; the Digital World is named such because it is a world comprised entirely of data that has either fallen into place coincidentally, or been purposely programmed into its current position.

Due to this, the Digital World is unlike your two-dimensional surface plane. Instead, it is comprised of layers, which overlap each other and are connected in a far-from-linear fashion. However, you need not worry about this, the physics of the Digital World emulate those of the physical world, and thus, you may think of it as a simple plane of existence. We understand you feeble minds wouldn't manage not to.

What are you doing here? You may ask yourself.

You see, the Digital World is under dire peril; and we, Digital Monsters, or Digimons, the inhabitants of this world are absolutely, one hundred percent unable to do anything about it. Thus, we NEED you. You are not in a position to argue, we do not wish to know your feelings regarding the matter, but above all, we do not wish you to oppose us. You will do as is required of you in order to save us, or you will face the same fate we will. Not death… but the utter and complete erasure of your existence. You have NO choice in the matter.

You see… we, Digimon, are unlike humans in many aspects. We share your speech and your conceptual ideals of etiquette, but as living beings, we are too different. We have powers over data of the Digital World, call it nature if it makes you feel slightly less confused, but it is a concept you will soon understand. We are able to evolve into stronger versions of ourselves, and we are not necessarily mortal, but as of now, we are unable to defend ourselves against an inside threat. A threat you will dispose of.

As I stated, Digimon evolve into more powerful versions of ourselves with the passage of time, and the strongest of us are those who've reached the Mega level. However, these Digimon have somehow disappeared, and I'm next if I don't continue to use my powers in order to preserve myself. With only Ultimate Digimon left to defend us, we're vulnerable. That's why we need you. You will be led by a group of partner Digimon, you will help and protect those who need you, you will overthrow those who wish to end us, and only then, you will be free to go; so good luck, chosen children… and Godspeed."
– Fanglongmon


Let me know what you guys think! :D

It's some sort of intro/compilation of the OP for the concept. I still need to come to terms with some of the mechanics for how the RP will work (and figure out some other stuff too), but this is what I've managed to create out of boredom.
So the Digimon RP is a mix between the third and fourth seasons or simply the fourth?

Quote:
… aalchemmyyyyy
Full metal????
__________________
// Bae'd to Kikpanther //
  #2586    
Old December 12th, 2011 (06:40 PM).
drunk ¬_¬'s Avatar
drunk ¬_¬
Inebriated Baby
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mixing the perfect martini for Roxy Lalonde <3
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Final Watchman View Post
So the Digimon RP is a mix between the third and fourth seasons or simply the fourth?
It'll be more similar to the third than the fourth, but as you can probably guess, it'll be influenced by both.

Quote:
Full metal????
xD
__________________
  #2587    
Old December 12th, 2011 (06:48 PM).
Skymin's Avatar
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: australia
Age: 21
Nature: Quirky
Would a roleplay about Pokemon basing around the new testament be too touchy of a subject? I just thought as you guys were discussing how arceus is a god, you could have a Jesus figure with the ??? Plate and 13(? How many different types are there again?) disciples but not have a generally Christian kind of plot.

I'm not a religious person at all but is that too touchy of a subject to meld the ideas together?
__________________
Moderator of the Roleplay Corner <<
my art blogcommission info <<
Paired with revlis <<
avatar by me <<
  #2588    
Old December 12th, 2011 (06:52 PM).
Nakuzami's Avatar
Nakuzami
The Savior
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Luxerion
Age: 16
Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunk ¬_¬ View Post
Yup, that's what I would've done… WELL! Now that it's been pointed out that I'm not the most creative cat in the block, I guess I should simply move on…

DIGIMON!
Spoiler:
"The Digital World, unlike our own world, is not ruled by the laws of physics, or at least, not the same physics that control matter in our universe. You see; the Digital World is named such because it is a world comprised entirely of data that has either fallen into place coincidentally, or been purposely programmed into its current position.

Due to this, the Digital World is unlike your two-dimensional surface plane. Instead, it is comprised of layers, which overlap each other and are connected in a far-from-linear fashion. However, you need not worry about this, the physics of the Digital World emulate those of the physical world, and thus, you may think of it as a simple plane of existence. We understand you feeble minds wouldn't manage not to.

What are you doing here? You may ask yourself.

You see, the Digital World is under dire peril; and we, Digital Monsters, or Digimons, the inhabitants of this world are absolutely, one hundred percent unable to do anything about it. Thus, we NEED you. You are not in a position to argue, we do not wish to know your feelings regarding the matter, but above all, we do not wish you to oppose us. You will do as is required of you in order to save us, or you will face the same fate we will. Not death… but the utter and complete erasure of your existence. You have NO choice in the matter.

You see… we, Digimon, are unlike humans in many aspects. We share your speech and your conceptual ideals of etiquette, but as living beings, we are too different. We have powers over data of the Digital World, call it nature if it makes you feel slightly less confused, but it is a concept you will soon understand. We are able to evolve into stronger versions of ourselves, and we are not necessarily mortal, but as of now, we are unable to defend ourselves against an inside threat. A threat you will dispose of.

As I stated, Digimon evolve into more powerful versions of ourselves with the passage of time, and the strongest of us are those who've reached the Mega level. However, these Digimon have somehow disappeared, and I'm next if I don't continue to use my powers in order to preserve myself. With only Ultimate Digimon left to defend us, we're vulnerable. That's why we need you. You will be led by a group of partner Digimon, you will help and protect those who need you, you will overthrow those who wish to end us, and only then, you will be free to go; so good luck, chosen children… and Godspeed."

– Azulongmon



Let me know what you guys think! :D

It's some sort of intro/compilation of the OP for the concept. I still need to come to terms with some of the mechanics for how the RP will work (and figure out some other stuff too), but this is what I've managed to create out of boredom. :knockedou

… aalchemmyyyyy
Well then, guess I fit some pieces together correctly. xD

Wow . . . you made Azulongmon sound mean . . . I've only seen him in the little bit oif Digimon World DS that I played, but . . . he didn't sound that mean xD
Sounds good though~! :P

... FuuullMeetaal

@Skymin - 17. There are 17 types. I hope you were kidding when you said 13. xD
Um . . . I'm not religious, at all, so I'd be fine with it. Dunno about others, lol.
__________________
  #2589    
Old December 12th, 2011 (06:55 PM).
Blaziken15's Avatar
Blaziken15
You gotta purty mouth!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: You know, the place, with the thing, and the stuff
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Hardy
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Blaziken15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
Would a roleplay about Pokemon basing around the new testament be too touchy of a subject? I just thought as you guys were discussing how arceus is a god, you could have a Jesus figure with the ??? Plate and 13(? How many different types are there again?) disciples but not have a generally Christian kind of plot.

I'm not a religious person at all but is that too touchy of a subject to meld the ideas together?
It does seem to be a touchy subject. It sounds interesting, I just don't know how it would work.
  #2590    
Old December 12th, 2011 (07:00 PM). Edited December 12th, 2011 by The Last Sentinel.
The Last Sentinel's Avatar
The Last Sentinel
Beginning Tracker
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Journeying in an unknown land
Gender: Male
Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to The Last Sentinel
Like everyone said before, it is a touchy subject. However, I believe it could possibly work, though my idea brings in an anti-arceus that was talked about a page or two ago...

@ Drunk: Ok, makes a bit more sense and I think it is a good idea. I just hope the D-reaper isn't involved...
__________________
// Bae'd to Kikpanther //
  #2591    
Old December 12th, 2011 (07:14 PM).
drunk ¬_¬'s Avatar
drunk ¬_¬
Inebriated Baby
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mixing the perfect martini for Roxy Lalonde <3
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
@Skymin: I don't know… if you're not a religious person, then I fail to see how you could actually expect the plot to make sense… It would be like making a Pokémon RP and not knowing about Pokémon (blasphemous!)

Then again, although the subject can be touchy, as a religious person I say: "bugger that, if it's good, it's good [period]"

…as long as it's not libel.
__________________
  #2592    
Old December 12th, 2011 (07:30 PM).
PkMnTrainer Yellow's Avatar
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Pokemon Professor / RP Mentor
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: East Coast, USA
Gender: Female
Nature: Sassy
...Nnnnope. Totally not that touchy. I mean honestly, people parody Christianity all the time. At worst it gets eye rolls and the occasional troll who tries taking it seriously.

To be fair though, I find that anything to do with religion on the internet makes me extremely anxious to the point that I personally wouldn't get involved.
__________________
  #2593    
Old December 12th, 2011 (08:08 PM).
Diamond1304's Avatar
Diamond1304
Gym Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Not here, at least.
Age: 17
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakuzami View Post


You likey Arceus Plates? Hm . . . erm . . . we could still integrate those . . . um . . . once we figure out what we're actually going to do, lol.
Ooooooooooooooh, maybe the Arceus Plates are needed to um . . . well, summon Arceus (or at least his powers) and restore the world to its former glory, if we take things to the extreme of "The Great War" that Blaziken15 just described. That way we can be in a world that is kind of . . . wrecked, but the RPers end up restoring it or something in the . . . actually, in the sequel, as what you mentioned was there only being a certain number of plates in each region. 3 RPers = 3 Plates. That's 15 plates, and the final one could be in the sequel?

"Region Reviving Competition" . . . why am I not sure what you're talking baout? Lol xD
Actually I had an idea about Arceus' plates and all that. It's got something to do with humans with Pokemon powers. Has anyone watched Sorcerer's Apprentice? The plates will act like the ring shown from the movie and they unlock the person's inner powers. But that's my idea, no stealing it, lol. XD

Well um realistically speaking, the plates can only be found in Sinnoh. You need to give a good reason why they have been magically moved to other regions. It's not like they can walk on their own and they've been buried underground lol. xD

Region Reviving is exactly this sort of thing. Region goes into war, big boom of death and poverty, region is destroyed and then region begins to build back up. See how exactly it is with this Great War idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
Would a roleplay about Pokemon basing around the new testament be too touchy of a subject? I just thought as you guys were discussing how arceus is a god, you could have a Jesus figure with the ??? Plate and 13(? How many different types are there again?) disciples but not have a generally Christian kind of plot.

I'm not a religious person at all but is that too touchy of a subject to meld the ideas together?
Religion is a touchy subject. People can interpret it in all sorts of ways and that can cause trouble. Generally you should be cautious with such topics and like Yellow, I personally wouldn't go anywhere near such subjects over the Internet. It...I should say...can get out of hand. I can provide an example from another forum I'm on and they had a "Do you believe in God?" thread. It quickly turned into a flame-fest. If a normal discussion is uncontrollable, think of a RP which goes far more in-depth than just talk.

But I'm sure it will work if you possibly make up a different religion all together and nobody has any reason to say anything against it. =3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow View Post
At worst it gets eye rolls and the occasional troll who tries taking it seriously.
You do know that religion is meant to be taken seriously, right?
__________________


  #2594    
Old December 12th, 2011 (08:46 PM). Edited December 12th, 2011 by pokemongarnet.
pokemongarnet's Avatar
pokemongarnet
CAT-BUS!
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: Male
@Skymin: I certainly wouldn't mind it. But either way it seems to be forming a plot that resembles it a little bit. That's not what i was trying to say. As long as you aren't trying to directly connect the two then I don't see why it would be a big deal.

@The Enormous RP Idea:
I know this isn't my idea, but I feel that I might as well give my two cents.
I think that Nakuzami's idea that he posted and a lot of the other ideas can be somewhat combined.


THEN
Three decades ago, the world plunged into a world war. The cause of the war can be traced back to when Arceus revealed itself to the Sinnoh region giving them his legendary plates. The other regions were enraged and envious that Arceus hadn't graced their land or settled there. These small differences only escalated as the regions began to point out more and more things that they viewed as injustice, and they all had a strong desire for the plates. They preceded to fall into full scale warfare, risking everything for the power contained by the plates. As their economies all began to plunge into recessions, and their people killed they decided to cut their losses and come to a compromise. They would distribute the plates evenly in 3's, leaving one plunged into the depths of the sea. All the while during the region's 20 year war, crime organizations began to unite under a similar goal: power over the world(#cliches). As long as they had collective power, they would each be able to maintain power over their region. After the end of the war, their power lessened and they returned to their former power. Each of them putting on a semblance of dormancy. Pokemon Leagues in each of the regions were put on hold, because the regions banned this, as they thought that their population should be focused on producing war goods, or enlisting in the military.

NOW
The leagues began to come back into existence because the regions thought that it would ease them back into cooperation. Trainers were still uncommon but it became much more popular. The regions decided to host a tournament for the top trainers in the league on a man made island, that was in the center of all the regions. An unrelated business decided to sponsor the tournament and include a cash prize for the winner. But under this innocent guise stirs evil...


This opens it up so that the trainers could have different reasons for starting in the league, some of them may need the money, or some of them might be trying to recover the plates, and some of them might be trying to save the plates from being recovered at all. <----- Good Guys.

And now I wonder why I spent my time writing that because I doubt anyone will care.

EDIT:
@Drunk: People can understand religions without being religious themselves. They may not believe in it though.
__________________
  #2595    
Old December 12th, 2011 (09:57 PM).
PkMnTrainer Yellow's Avatar
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Pokemon Professor / RP Mentor
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: East Coast, USA
Gender: Female
Nature: Sassy
@Diamond1304: Yeah, but parodies are /not/ meant to be taken seriously.
__________________
  #2596    
Old December 12th, 2011 (10:45 PM).
Adventure's Avatar
Adventure
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Skaia
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Dia, you don't have to follow canon when making up a new RP. The plates could simply have spread over the whole world instead of just SIinnoh :3
__________________

to think you were once a stranger
and every day with you an adventure

  #2597    
Old December 12th, 2011 (11:52 PM).
Diamond1304's Avatar
Diamond1304
Gym Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Not here, at least.
Age: 17
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
Dia, you don't have to follow canon when making up a new RP. The plates could simply have spread over the whole world instead of just SIinnoh :3
Walking plate, walking plate!!! AHHH!!!!!! XD

Also I have a question regarding the megauberultratectonically ginormous RP idea, is it a must to make them all themed the same? That would be like 5 major boring RPs. Why not make each of them different from one another and then having a sequel which incorporates elements from those five? I mean I don't think we want 5 wars or 5 tournaments or 5 crazy calamities, do we? x3

Oh and I have a crazy stupid idea. Some Team Yadahayadah is trying to create Pokextinction and the chosen Trainers have to fight them. Team Yadahayadah has overthrown the current league and they control the high influential Trainer positions ir gym leaders and E4. The chosen ones used to be grand trainers until Team Yadahayadah took away their Pokemon for slaughter or whatever and they're left with 2 of their weakest Lv 5 mons that Team Yadahayadah decided not to take. So its like they have to restart their journey from scratch but with a higher level of difficulty than before as Team Yadahayadah isn't gonna back down easily obv.

CnC this stupid epiphany pwease~~
__________________


  #2598    
Old December 13th, 2011 (12:39 AM).
drunk ¬_¬'s Avatar
drunk ¬_¬
Inebriated Baby
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mixing the perfect martini for Roxy Lalonde <3
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond1304 View Post
Also I have a question regarding the megauberultratectonically ginormous RP idea, is it a must to make them all themed the same? That would be like 5 major boring RPs. Why not make each of them different from one another and then having a sequel which incorporates elements from those five? I mean I don't think we want 5 wars or 5 tournaments or 5 crazy calamities, do we? x3
Well, people wouldn't participate in more than one of these RPs (seeing that the whole point is to incorporate the champions/runner ups/best trainers of ALL regions in a grand tournament that'll be the sequel).
So I fail to see what your issue is.
__________________
  #2599    
Old December 13th, 2011 (12:44 AM).
SV's Avatar
SV
It was justified
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Lol, I love seeing an idea come together. But something I love even more is watching it completely fall apart into chaos and confusion...err...not that I'm saying this will. xD

Well I've got a completely unbiased question for all of you now, just for the sake of throwing in a different conversation to talk about.

What has been your favorite RP you have ever been apart of (or are currently in, if that happens to be your favorite)?
__________________

Paired with the Epic Raikiri
  #2600    
Old December 13th, 2011 (01:08 AM).
Diamond1304's Avatar
Diamond1304
Gym Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Not here, at least.
Age: 17
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunk ¬_¬ View Post
Well, people wouldn't participate in more than one of these RPs (seeing that the whole point is to incorporate the champions/runner ups/best trainers of ALL regions in a grand tournament that'll be the sequel).
So I fail to see what your issue is.
Considering that it has not been decided what kind of RP we're going to do and nobody informed me of anything, I don't know whether all the RPs are going to be based on wars or tournaments. These two are what I've picked up from the previous posts. So if people were ever so kind and polite to just fill me in, I wouldn't be asking so many questions, will I? Besides it's only once I've asked. So I fail to see what your issue is with me asking and I don't like that alcoholic tone of yours.

What has been your favorite RP you have ever been apart of (or are currently in, if that happens to be your favorite)?
Darkrai's Balloon. And perhaps, Eternal Nightmare. These were two RPs were the ones I enjoyed being in the most. Everyone in it were so friendly and nice to RP withunlike the people now. xD It's so sad they never actually finished. And Red, I never knew where the balloon went! :< xP
__________________


Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 05:14 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.