The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > Competitive Team Help

Notices

Competitive Team Help Having trouble with your competitive Pokémon team? Be sure to check here if you need any help on it. Any teams intended for in-game and casual play should be posted in the In-Game Team Help sub-forum.

Old December 12th, 2011, 05:50 PM
ShineyMaster
Your In The Zoro's lair Now...

Nature: Jolly
This is my shiney eveelution smash pass team advice would be greatly appreciated except on nature i cloned my original shiney jolly eevee so dont say anything about changing natuers plz. All their abilities are reguler and not DW.

Vaporeon leftovers
252 HP EVS 252 SATK EVS
Baton Pass
Ice beam
acid armor
aqua ring
Ice beam is to take out dragons. Acid armor and aqua ring to stall a bit and BP is self explanatory

Jolteon air balloon
252 ATK EVS 252 SPEED EVS
Agility
double kick
thunder fang
BP
Double kick just to have a fight move on the team the rest you can figure out.

Flareon focus sash
252 ATK 252 DEF
FLAME CHARGE
DIG
DOUBLE TEAM
BP
Flame charge is for the speed boost plus a little damage. Dig because i dont have a water type move on vaporeon and to take on other fire types. Double team because i had a free slot.

Leafeon rocky helmet
252 ATK 252 DEF
LEAFBLADE
AERIAL ACE
SWORDS DANCE
BP
Lef blade has STAB and helps get crits. aerial ace is a good move and is flyin type. swords dans to make its attacks stronger.

Espeon life orb
252 satk 252 sdef
S-ball
Psychic
calm mind
BP
basic sweep set.

EEVEE kings rock (heck yeah lol)
EVS all mixed 100 each except for SDEF
trump card
work up
bite
bp
LOL yes im using him! bite and rock is trying to flinch trump for back up and work up for free slot! Also because he gives me an immunity to ghost.
Old December 12th, 2011, 06:13 PM
.Gamer
»»───knee─►

This is very gimmicky at best, but at any rate, Eevee is probably the worst choice you could pick. His movepool is just so bad. If anything, since you're baton passing to him, might as well put Shadow Ball over Bite since it does more damage and Bite is just, so horrible.

Basically I wouldn't expect a lot of success using this team, at all, but if you're just using it for fun, then, yeah...
Old December 12th, 2011, 06:31 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I know that you have Ice Beam on Vaporeon for Dragons, but it's best to stick to Surf or Scald so you have a STAB move to work with.

Jolteon's Attack is terrible; don''t use Double Kick (or Thunder Fang). Use this:
-Substitute
-Baton Pass
-Thunderbolt/Volt Switch
-Hidden Power (Ice)
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb

Flareon is terrible as a Baton Passer. It's best off as a Wish supporter, despite its weak defensive typing:
-Wish
-Protect
-Lava Plume/Flamethrower
-Roar/Toxic
Nature: Calm
EVs: 248 HP/8 Def/252 SDef
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire

Espeon can use Stored Power instead of Psychic, since SP is stronger than Psychic after 2 Calm Minds:
-Calm Mind
-Baton Pass
-Stored Power
-Hidden Power (Fighting)
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Leftovers/Life Orb
Ability: Magic Bounce

Also, I agree with .Gamer about Eevee. I don't expect much success for this team, but at least try to work with what I suggested.

Old December 12th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Tsukimaru
Double battles veteran

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Yahoo to Tsukimaru
hmmm, eevee-based team, and running the original xD
well, as i´ve been doing with other posts, i wont tell you how to make your team, i´ll jus criticize the worst pokemon... Jolteon...
jolteon sucks at Attack-stat my friend, try a moveset that seize it´s Sp. Attack stat, like the one in the post above this; however, run thunderbolt, not volt switch because you are using BP. it would be a fail if you had to attack and you had to lose the stats you´d gained

that should be it. good luck improving

/showthread.php?t=188702

Diamond FC:1719-2198-5393.
Platinum FC:3395-0270-3626
HeartGold FC: 4297-5796-7530

Check out my battles and comment please xP:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9P1Zd4exY4
Old December 13th, 2011, 03:57 AM
ShineyMaster
Your In The Zoro's lair Now...

ok thanks you guys im just using this team for friends and i will do most of those impovements. What eveelution should i use instead of EEVEE?
Old December 13th, 2011, 04:20 AM
Forever

Considering your only other choices are Glaceon and Umbreon, I'd go with Umbreon, tbh. With PlatDude's suggestion of using Flareon as a Wisher, you can also use Umbreon as another Wisher:

Umbreon@Leftovers
Careful
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Synchronize
- Wish
- Payback
- Heal Bell
- Protect / Toxic

Heal Bell to help support your team if it's status'd and also your own Umbreon if it gets status because then it can pass it on to the opponent and instantly heal itself. Payback as STAB, Wish to also support the team and Protect to either gain the HP from Wish, or Toxic to wear down opponents.

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Old December 13th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Tsukimaru
Double battles veteran

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Yahoo to Tsukimaru
I agree with forever about the Umbreon, but imo, you should use it this way:

@synchronise
252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Sp.Def
.Leftovers
-Curse