< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > Main Series Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation 4th Gen Help Thread

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Closed Thread Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #201    
Old November 12th, 2011 (8:07 AM).
aldarafael's Avatar
aldarafael aldarafael is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Venezuela
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 6
i want to migrate my pokemon from a fire red rom to a diamond rom patched with pokepatch, the problem is that the migrate option doesnt appear and i unlocked the pal park. both roms are in english and im using ysmenu what am i doing wrong?

Relevant Advertising!

  #202    
Old November 12th, 2011 (6:45 PM).
bobandbill's Avatar
bobandbill bobandbill is online now
#139
Super ModeratorPokéCommunity Daily Staff
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Central Coast - Australia
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 11,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldarafael View Post
i want to migrate my pokemon from a fire red rom to a diamond rom patched with pokepatch, the problem is that the migrate option doesnt appear and i unlocked the pal park. both roms are in english and im using ysmenu what am i doing wrong?
You might want to take a look at the emulation section... this is more for help with HGSS/DPPt itself rather than problems arising from using roms of that game. But I imagine the fact they are roms would pose problems even if there are patches for such things. Maybe it only will work for legit gba games or the gba rom does not have the right sort of save file format?
  #203    
Old November 13th, 2011 (6:10 AM).
aldarafael's Avatar
aldarafael aldarafael is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Venezuela
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
You might want to take a look at the emulation section... this is more for help with HGSS/DPPt itself rather than problems arising from using roms of that game. But I imagine the fact they are roms would pose problems even if there are patches for such things. Maybe it only will work for legit gba games or the gba rom does not have the right sort of save file format?
thanks ill investigate about the save file format but i think it wont work on roms ill try to get the gba games
  #204    
Old November 14th, 2011 (11:08 AM).
Panfisha's Avatar
Panfisha Panfisha is offline
BIGGLYPUFF?
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 467
So I'm replaying platinum for the first time since 2010, and I want a vulpix on my team. I see the only way to get one is via Leaf Green version dongle.
But what I can't find anywhere, is whether or not I can do this BEFORE the elite four?
3DS FC: 2406-5518-5103
  #205    
Old November 14th, 2011 (11:06 PM).
Christopher's Avatar
Christopher Christopher is offline
Hear Me Roar
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Posts: 1,331
Vulpix can be found on 209 & 214 with LG inserted. The Nat Dex is required for the dongle method to work.
  #206    
Old November 16th, 2011 (6:32 PM).
Houndoomed's Avatar
Houndoomed Houndoomed is offline
Battle Master
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Iron Island
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 887
Hi all, I have looked around to see if I could answer my own questions before posting but no luck, I really want a Darkrai on my Platinum version, I bought Platinum late so I've probably missed out on the Event pass, is there any other way to get one?

Zeus
~~~{Check out my Trade Thread Here!}~~~
~~~{PM or VM for 6v6 Battles FC: 3969-6341-2529}~~~
  #207    
Old November 16th, 2011 (6:38 PM).
helmet_09's Avatar
helmet_09 helmet_09 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 14
^ I was actually wondering the same thing. To my knowledge there is no way unless you use AR to trigger the event or just trade with someone who got one through the event or used the AR to get the event. I hope there is another way since I have been looking for one.
  #208    
Old November 16th, 2011 (7:54 PM).
PlatinumDude's Avatar
PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
Nyeh?
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Posts: 12,472
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndoomed View Post
Hi all, I have looked around to see if I could answer my own questions before posting but no luck, I really want a Darkrai on my Platinum version, I bought Platinum late so I've probably missed out on the Event pass, is there any other way to get one?

Zeus
Quote:
Originally Posted by helmet_09 View Post
^ I was actually wondering the same thing. To my knowledge there is no way unless you use AR to trigger the event or just trade with someone who got one through the event or used the AR to get the event. I hope there is another way since I have been looking for one.
You can use an AR to get to New Moon Island, but you won't find Darkrai there, but you can use the AR to get the Member's Pass. You'll have to look up the code for that yourself.

  #209    
Old November 16th, 2011 (10:30 PM). Edited November 22nd, 2011 by Houndoomed.
Houndoomed's Avatar
Houndoomed Houndoomed is offline
Battle Master
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Iron Island
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
You can use an AR to get to New Moon Island, but you won't find Darkrai there, but you can use the AR to get the Member's Pass. You'll have to look up the code for that yourself.
Thank you for the tip, please forgive my ignorance but I have no idea what a AR code is? I just play the games lol, is there a link or a short explanation you could help me with please.


Zeus
~~~{Check out my Trade Thread Here!}~~~
~~~{PM or VM for 6v6 Battles FC: 3969-6341-2529}~~~
  #210    
Old November 16th, 2011 (11:53 PM).
bobandbill's Avatar
bobandbill bobandbill is online now
#139
Super ModeratorPokéCommunity Daily Staff
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Central Coast - Australia
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 11,369
AR is the common term used for Action Replay, a cheating device (you enter in codes to get what you want in the games, basically). That requires having an AR though and if you're not one for cheating... (heck, I'm not =p).

But besides from cheating for the Pokemon or the event item that triggers it the only current way to get one is to trade for it, which can be done on the Trade Corner section we have here.
  #211    
Old November 20th, 2011 (10:11 PM).
ShinyGyaradosisShiny's Avatar
ShinyGyaradosisShiny ShinyGyaradosisShiny is offline
I
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Posts: 119
I made a post earlier about finding shelgon, do you HAVE to wait 70 days or can you just put 70 days ahead in your calender? Ds lite.
  #212    
Old November 20th, 2011 (10:39 PM).
PlatinumDude's Avatar
PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
Nyeh?
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Posts: 12,472
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyGyaradosisShiny View Post
I made a post earlier about finding shelgon, do you HAVE to wait 70 days or can you just put 70 days ahead in your calender? Ds lite.
You have to wait the full 70 days.

  #213    
Old November 20th, 2011 (10:44 PM).
FrostPheonix's Avatar
FrostPheonix FrostPheonix is offline
Eternity.
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bored-topia
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyGyaradosisShiny View Post
I made a post earlier about finding shelgon, do you HAVE to wait 70 days or can you just put 70 days ahead in your calender? Ds lite.
If you mean set the calender 80 days forward, no. The game sees through that. there is another way; you could set the clock to 11:59; then wait a minute till the next day. that counts. but that would take ages.

oh, just saw platinum dude outposted me...
  #214    
Old November 21st, 2011 (11:34 PM).
superFOXES superFOXES is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 4
Might sound like a stupid question but on HG/SS, can you trade pokemon from the national dex i.e. Hoenn and Sinnoh pokemon from one to the other before you have defeated the Elite Four?
  #215    
Old November 22nd, 2011 (12:17 AM).
PlatinumDude's Avatar
PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
Nyeh?
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Posts: 12,472
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by superFOXES View Post
Might sound like a stupid question but on HG/SS, can you trade pokemon from the national dex i.e. Hoenn and Sinnoh pokemon from one to the other before you have defeated the Elite Four?
Yes, it's possible to receive Hoenn/Sinnoh Pokemon pre-National Dex.

  #216    
Old November 22nd, 2011 (1:06 AM).
Houndoomed's Avatar
Houndoomed Houndoomed is offline
Battle Master
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Iron Island
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by superFOXES View Post
Might sound like a stupid question but on HG/SS, can you trade pokemon from the national dex i.e. Hoenn and Sinnoh pokemon from one to the other before you have defeated the Elite Four?

When I bought my copy of Heart gold I used my platinum game to take the three starters then give them back so I could play gold with all three, it allowed me to trade as soon as prof Oak gave me the pokedex in HG.

Zeus
~~~{Check out my Trade Thread Here!}~~~
~~~{PM or VM for 6v6 Battles FC: 3969-6341-2529}~~~
  #217    
Old November 30th, 2011 (6:50 PM).
Skuntank's Avatar
Skuntank Skuntank is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Unova
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Posts: 72
[SIZE="a"]Does anybody have trouble connecting hg/ss to wifi using 3ds? It keeps giving me error code 51099 and saying Bo access point in range but I'm right next to it and all of my other games work with the wifi (pokemon black and 3ds games).[/SIZE]
a work in progress...
  #218    
Old November 30th, 2011 (8:20 PM).
bobandbill's Avatar
bobandbill bobandbill is online now
#139
Super ModeratorPokéCommunity Daily Staff
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Central Coast - Australia
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 11,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuntank View Post
Does anybody have trouble connecting hg/ss to wifi using 3ds? It keeps giving me error code 51099 and saying Bo access point in range but I'm right next to it and all of my other games work with the wifi (pokemon black and 3ds games).
Try this thread, I suggest. And as far as I know HGSS should work just fine on the 3DS - nothing really makes it behav differently on the 3DS compared to other Pokemon games. Maybe check the settings you have for the game?
  #219    
Old December 13th, 2011 (10:04 PM).
Adryel's Avatar
Adryel Adryel is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Philippines
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 109
Can someone tell me how to get a sunshard to evolve eevee into espeon? in pokemon hg/ss
thanks guys in advance
  #220    
Old December 13th, 2011 (10:15 PM).
Houndoomed's Avatar
Houndoomed Houndoomed is offline
Battle Master
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Iron Island
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adryel View Post
Can someone tell me how to get a sunshard to evolve eevee into espeon? in pokemon hg/ss
thanks guys in advance
No shard required, level up with happiness during the day, like Riolu to Lucario.

Zeus
~~~{Check out my Trade Thread Here!}~~~
~~~{PM or VM for 6v6 Battles FC: 3969-6341-2529}~~~
  #221    
Old December 16th, 2011 (7:12 AM).
Klave's Avatar
Klave Klave is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 23
Can eggs be traded over Wi-Fi in the Wi-fi Club in Platinum?

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps.
Platinum FC: 3353 8025 3373
  #222    
Old December 16th, 2011 (3:43 PM).
bobandbill's Avatar
bobandbill bobandbill is online now
#139
Super ModeratorPokéCommunity Daily Staff
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Central Coast - Australia
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 11,369
Yes, I believe they can over 4th gen wifi.
  #223    
Old December 16th, 2011 (4:08 PM).
Houndoomed's Avatar
Houndoomed Houndoomed is offline
Battle Master
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Iron Island
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 887
Eggs can be traded for sure 100%
~~~{Check out my Trade Thread Here!}~~~
~~~{PM or VM for 6v6 Battles FC: 3969-6341-2529}~~~
  #224    
Old December 25th, 2011 (3:06 PM). Edited December 26th, 2011 by Persheis.
Persheis's Avatar
Persheis Persheis is offline
Breeding Purist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: La Paz, Bolivia
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Posts: 13
Hey guys!
Merry Christmas!

Could somebody help me get my SID number?
I had it some months ago, but I lost it, and the lottery japanese page is down atm.
Please contact me so we can arrange a pokemon trade for you to figure out my SID number.

Thanks in advance!
_______________________________________

Thanks! I'll post there!
  #225    
Old December 25th, 2011 (7:03 PM).
bobandbill's Avatar
bobandbill bobandbill is online now
#139
Super ModeratorPokéCommunity Daily Staff
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Central Coast - Australia
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 11,369
If you want a trade to find that out you may want to look at the quick thread thread in the Trade Corner section, just so you know.
Closed Thread Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 8:54 PM.


Contact Us Archive Privacy Statement Terms of Service Top