The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 7th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Pia Carrot
Gen II Hacker | PHO Enthusiast

Nature: Adamant

Advertise here

Intro:
Welcome to the land of Trujon! A region known for its moderately cool temperatures all year around and its diverse range of Pokémon. Our adventure starts in the small village of Patsu, where Mina Landcaster graduates from school and prepares to set off on a journey...That is, until she is attacked by a misanthropic Darkrai, who attempts to consume her soul in her sleep, when her conscience is saved in a split second by a Cresselia who has been following and fighting this mad Darkrai.

Mina learns in order to live she must merge her conscience with Darkrai's and defeat it in its very source, a dream world in constant chaos by the conflicting powers of Cresselia and Darkrai. Will you help Mina win her life back and defeat the evil Darkrai?

Features:
  • All kinds of Pokémon, including some from the newest generations!
  • GSC Styled Gameplay, with a modified battle system.
  • Epic Sidequests and Minigames*
  • Story written by a pro
  • End Game content and Expansion Packs**
  • New skills, such as Surfing, Woodcutting, Lockpicking, and Mining.
  • MIDIs to save space!
  • Uncatchable Bosses that can give you hatchable eggs of themselves.
  • Old berries return
  • 8-Directional Movement (And balanced, to boot)
  • New evolution methods!***

*I have developed new Game Corner games: Trivia, VoltorbSweeper, and Blitzball Arcade.

**Trujon Region, Johto Sidequests, and the Arcane Expansion

***A spin-off of Pokémon Amie, Grooming, can be used to evolve Eevee into a Sylveon. Visit the pet grooming store in Acacia City.

Screenshots:

Pokemon Mint (2011):

Pokemon Mint Fantasy (2013):

New sprites:

Credits:
Code:
Graphics
ML
Pia Carrot
Game Freak
Varion

Story and Concepts
Pia Carrot
Game Freak

Coding & Scripts
Sukiyami
Pia Carrot
Paradog
Zeriab
Maruno
Poccil
Flameguru
MiDas Mike
Unknown
Wachunga
KitsuneKouta
xLeD
Harshboy
FL
Soundspawn
Popper
Game Freak
Nintendo

Beta Testing
Sukiyami
Pia Carrot
ML

Engine
Enterbrain
Poccil
Flameguru
Maruno

Gen 6 Cries
th3shark 

Special thanks to
Goloog
Cilerba
Kaito Kid
KitsuneKouta
ML
Carmaniac
Linkandzelda
Proof of concept download coming soon.

Skill System and other misc. things explained:
Spoiler:
Today I've written a successful Player Experience and Lockpicking system.

Lockpicking works like this:
Chests can have a lockpick difficulty of Easy, Medium, Hard, or Master. All Chest Locks have a Durability of 100%.

L is the Lockpicking level, and T is the tier of chest. Easy = 8, Medium = 6, Hard = 4, Master = 2.

(100-L)/T

So say your Lockpicking level is 90. A Master chest with 100% Durability minus 90 is 10, divided by 2 is 5. The chest now has an "open area" of less than 10, which is what all master chests are set to. If the open area was 11 or more, the lockpick would break and fail.

Opening any chest gives you 1000 Player Experience, or one level up.
Experience can be exchanged via Moon Crystals which are scattered throughout the land. Other skills include Mining, Woodcutting, Strength, Surfing, Riding, and finally, Crafting.

Mina also has a Love Parameter which is accumulated by doing good deeds and simply talking to certain NPCs. Once a certain amount of LP (Love Points) is acquired, Mina can buy new outfits for herself.

The Fastest way to gain experience by the by is probably Woodcutting, as you can reset Cut bushes by simply leaving and re-entering a map.

Certain items are required to train some skills, such as an Axe for Woodcutting and a Surfboard for Surfing. Strength is trained by working out at Gyms, and is not upgraded via Moon Crystals.

Grooming

Grooming is my take on Pokemon Amie, and only works on some Pokemon. It can be used to trigger evolutions without the use of an evolutionary stone. It can only be done with the following:
  • Eevee
  • Vulpix
  • Growlithe
  • More to come but not decided.

Eevee is obviously the whole point of this addition. With three odd evolutions, Leafeon, Glaceon and Sylveon, it needs someway to evolve. By feeding it AMIE TREAT and petting it, your Pokemon's evolution % will increase over time. If you examine it, it will let you know how its doing:

0%-5%: It stares at you blankly.
6%-25%: It's yawning repeatedly.
26%-50%: It appears restless.
51%-99%: It's fidgeting relentlessly.
100%: It wants to tackle you with love.

Getting it to 100% normally, feeding it another AMIE TREAT will evolve Eevee into Sylveon. If you feed it a LEAF TREAT, it will evolve into Leafeon at 100%. Likewise, feeding it a COLD TREAT will evolve it into Glaceon at 100%.

Note a Pokemon cannot be removed from grooming or it will lose all of its accumulated percentage. The groomers will also charge you much like the Day Care for time spent.

Petting can be done as many times as you want, but only increases its percentage by 1 every time. Feeding it an AMIE TREAT will increase it by 25%.

Treats are not bought, as they are rare items for you to find via Treasure Hunting or Exploring.

Treasure Hunting

Once you obtain a Spade and have talked to the pirate Mahko at Umino Port, you can buy Treasure Maps from him and search all over the world to dig up rare treasures. This is the only way to obtain fossil Pokemon and the meteorite containing Jirachi. Other rewards are Treats, Stat Boosters, Pokeballs, and even TMs.

Last edited by Pia Carrot; December 11th, 2013 at 05:59 AM.
Old December 8th, 2011, 02:02 AM
Ratty524

Nature: Calm
So this is the project you were going on about

I never got up to the point with Yellow in Pokemon Adventures, but this game looks really impressive so far (I could learn something from you)

My only comment so far is that the Darkrai sprite looks a bit odd. His posing just seems awkward and it doesn't give off a good silhouette, but I'm not sure if you made that sprite.

Mapping wise, the one where Darkrai says "wrong one!" kind of stands out as the weakest because there is a lot of open space, and it looks a little too repetitive and bare. Maybe add some variation with the book cases (I think GSC has plenty of different types) to vary it a little.

I'm going to try your demo soon. By the way, do you need help with changing the text of the battle screen? I've done it before with my project and I can show you where to edit the text.
Old December 8th, 2011, 05:19 AM
Pia Carrot

Yes I would appreciate that! I couldn't find that bit of code anywhere!

Also the Darkrai sprite is made by an old friend of mine. That room is gonna be remapped but for now it's simple...

BTW a facebook friend pointed out a glitch for me. THe cave does not have an exit warp so you cannot get out after you beat Nosferatu, sorry about that I'll fix it ASAP.

EDIT:

Mini update.

Last edited by Pia Carrot; December 8th, 2011 at 05:39 AM.
Old December 8th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
Haha, I was just about to mention the cave glitch ...
anyway it all seems good, a very nicely planned story and very nice maps ...
Good Luck! :D
Old December 8th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Pia Carrot

thanks! I'm working on another project along with this one, so I don't get bored. So far I've mapped up to Loris Town, with almost no eventing.

Old December 11th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Pia Carrot

New screens. Beta 1.2 is uploading right now.
http://www.mediafire.com/?qtnatphc1ddz0mo

Last edited by Pia Carrot; December 11th, 2011 at 05:18 PM.
Old December 12th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

I shall download it :3 I enjoyed 1.1, except fro the cave glitch... (which i hope to dear god is fixed!!)

EDIT (done aafter playing):
Oh good :3 The cave is fixed ... but! How am I suppose to defeat that weird guy with a 'n' on his head, when ChuChu doesn't know any decent moves -3-
So, I lost ... ending up in Elder's home, but the script from defeating him i think plays, and the game freezes. :/
Can ya fix it? This is a good game I really wanna keep going...

Last edited by Nintendork15; December 12th, 2011 at 11:19 AM.
Old December 12th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Pia Carrot

Yeah I gotta fix that (damn you Scythe!) TO beat him you need to catch a Pokémon from Tranquil Grove and grind its level. This game is very hard if you only use Chuchu (almost impossible). I'm also gonna make it so you can buy Thunderbolt in the shops, and Chuchu will know Thundershock. I won't have another update till the 9th, but expect great things.

Old December 12th, 2011, 12:20 PM
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Looks sweet! *downloading*

hopefully im not too busy to play.
Old December 12th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Pia Carrot

Haha thanks. Just be aware of the glitch that Nintendork pointed out above ^.^

Old December 12th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

A pikachu knows thundershock from level 5 ... and I didn't think of pokemon ... No-one said i could catch any like they do in the officials.
Old December 12th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Pia Carrot

Well it's not an official, or is it meant to be like one. Yellow is already supposed to be an experienced trainer, and this game is based off the traditional JRPG system where you figured things out on your own.

Old December 14th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Pia Carrot

Update, update, read all about it (please)...

I know I said I wouldn't be updating till January but, I have given CHuchu a completely new Moveset, from level 1-36, still working on it. This way Chuchu will know some (badass) moves from start to finish to depict how much of a main character she is.

Anyone know how to disable putting a certain Pokémon in the PC? My theory is that I would have to define Chuchu as another kind of Pokémon in its own. I can script RGSS but Essentials really is a piece of work

Old December 14th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Ratty524

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Arms View Post
Update, update, read all about it (please)...

I know I said I wouldn't be updating till January but, I have given CHuchu a completely new Moveset, from level 1-36, still working on it. This way Chuchu will know some (badass) moves from start to finish to depict how much of a main character she is.

Anyone know how to disable putting a certain Pokémon in the PC? My theory is that I would have to define Chuchu as another kind of Pokémon in its own. I can script RGSS but Essentials really is a piece of work
Yeah please do. I dislike the fact that Chuchu has no STAB move from the start. D:

For your question, I recommend get Maruno's help in the Essentials thread. He's pretty much the guy who's working with the tool at the moment.
Old December 14th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Pia Carrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty524 View Post
Yeah please do. I dislike the fact that Chuchu has no STAB move from the start. D:

For your question, I recommend get Maruno's help in the Essentials thread. He's pretty much the guy who's working with the tool at the moment.
That's what I thought I should do, but the guy seems pretty busy himself, and I don't want to burden him with more coding.

I decided that Yellow is gonna start off with her 6-pokemon team from the manga being:

Ratty Dody Gravvy Omny Kitty Chuchu Stole this from Bulbapedia 0_0

Old December 16th, 2011, 12:00 AM
Ratty524

I like the idea of her starting off with that party, or maybe just two of them and have the rest scattered across Darkrai's world... Like when Darkrai puts Yellow in a coma, he also divides her Pokemon to keep her powerless, so that the point of the game will be partly centered around becoming stronger (by recovering your team). It might ruin the concept of catching your own team of pokemon, but from what I've played so far, this feels more like a story-oriented as oppose to the typical "catch-em-all" games. It's just a thought.

In addition, I want to point out a major bug I found with your latest demo. In the battle against the temporary sprite person (I didn't pay attention to his name ), I lost horribly to his Sableye because I had no attack moves that were not Normal type (this is why I like the idea of changing the movepool ). After the loss, I was transported to the PokeCenter, then I was taken to a cutscene where the guy was defeated... What? And after the monologue was finished, the game completely froze.

You need to add a conditional branch within your event that determines what happens when the player loses the battle.
Old December 16th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Pia Carrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty524 View Post
I like the idea of her starting off with that party, or maybe just two of them and have the rest scattered across Darkrai's world... Like when Darkrai puts Yellow in a coma, he also divides her Pokemon to keep her powerless, so that the point of the game will be partly centered around becoming stronger (by recovering your team). It might ruin the concept of catching your own team of pokemon, but from what I've played so far, this feels more like a story-oriented as oppose to the typical "catch-em-all" games. It's just a thought.

In addition, I want to point out a major bug I found with your latest demo. In the battle against the temporary sprite person (I didn't pay attention to his name ), I lost horribly to his Sableye because I had no attack moves that were not Normal type (this is why I like the idea of changing the movepool ). After the loss, I was transported to the PokeCenter, then I was taken to a cutscene where the guy was defeated... What? And after the monologue was finished, the game completely froze.

You need to add a conditional branch within your event that determines what happens when the player loses the battle.

I noticed the Scythe glitch T__T and since then I have fixed it. I like the idea about Darkrai scattering your Pokémon, will definitely do that. I'm planning on switched Sableye for something else, perhaps Houndour?

Old December 16th, 2011, 08:19 AM
khkramer

I just finished reading Yellow
So this is nice to see :D
I like how your game uses GSC graphics instead of the "boring" new graphics :p

Check out the MMORPG I'm developing:

• Trading • PvP • Co-Op
Old December 16th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Pia Carrot

Thanks khkramer! I have been writing a few Ideas simply because the intro obviously needs work (I'm thinking miniquest in the Diglett Tunnel )

Old December 16th, 2011, 03:34 PM
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Hah, kingdom hearts music nice!

That intro sequence is a mind***k. I like the storyline, very unique.
keep it up.
Old December 17th, 2011, 08:06 AM
khkramer

Lol kingsnivy fails at making logo's i see xD

Check out the MMORPG I'm developing:

• Trading • PvP • Co-Op
Old December 17th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Pia Carrot

@DarkDoom3000
Hey, thanks! That means alot coming from my biggest inspiration :D And yeah KH has some of the most beautiful music!

@khkramer
I like it xD It was my birthday gift from him and it was very sweet of him to do so.

Btw, I now have a new beta tester, thank you Gummywormz for volunteering :D

Old January 3rd, 2012, 07:58 AM
Pia Carrot

Update!
New custom music!

Cave Theme

Town Theme

If anyone knows how to add drums it would be much appreciated!

Sorry for the bump.

This is the route right after Loris Town, and it's somewhat of a maze, it ends up leading to a witch infested forest.

Also, Im sorry to say i will no longer be updating here. If you want to see more progress check out the thread on this awesome forum, which is here, or my DA, which is in mah Siggeh.

I might post around if I need help or am helping others, but as of today Mint is no longer being updated here.

Last edited by Pia Carrot; January 3rd, 2012 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 15th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Pia Carrot

Okay, I couldn't help but give everyone another update here. But please if you really do support mint please join the forum in my signature, you don't have to be active just post your game there and update once in awhile.

New thread CSS, many many screenshots, and new tiles.
Enjoy.

Also, first real dungeon ingame:

Last edited by Pia Carrot; January 15th, 2012 at 02:27 PM.
Old January 15th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Ratty524

Did you make those trees yourself? They look nice.

One flaw I see is that you should allow a six-tile padding for the left and right sides of the map, so that the player will not see the black edges of the map.

This is where it's specifically located.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here