< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > Fan Clubs & Groups Harry Potter // Fan Club

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

 
 
Thread Tools
  #526    
Old December 3rd, 2011 (6:14 AM).
~Ryukaa's Avatar
~Ryukaa ~Ryukaa is offline
total nerd
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 1,329
Send a message via Skype™ to ~Ryukaa
Zeffy is Snape in disguise? o3o

Relevant Advertising!

  #527    
Old December 3rd, 2011 (6:41 PM).
Zeffy's Avatar
Zeffy Zeffy is offline
angry mushroom
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: T.A.R.D.I.S.
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,172
I might be, but for all you know I am not. >:3
  #528    
Old December 3rd, 2011 (7:09 PM).
~Ryukaa's Avatar
~Ryukaa ~Ryukaa is offline
total nerd
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 1,329
Send a message via Skype™ to ~Ryukaa
AHAH. I'VE DISCOVERED YOUR SECRET ZEFFY. >D
What are you going to do now? Hurhur.

(Answering that question, I would probably be with the Order. Though, it would be funny being a Death Eater just to hear that priceless Voldy laugh. xDDD;;)
  #529    
Old December 3rd, 2011 (7:17 PM).
Zeffy's Avatar
Zeffy Zeffy is offline
angry mushroom
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: T.A.R.D.I.S.
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,172
I'm going to kill you, like how I killed Dumbledore! >:3

/me taps Ryukaa with wand
  #530    
Old December 3rd, 2011 (7:27 PM).
~Ryukaa's Avatar
~Ryukaa ~Ryukaa is offline
total nerd
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 1,329
Send a message via Skype™ to ~Ryukaa
YOU CAN'T DO THAT ZEFFY, YOU DON'T HAVE ANY GOOD REASON TO. DDD:
/poofs

This club sure is quiet. o3o
Whatever happened to Pottermore? xD;
  #531    
Old December 3rd, 2011 (7:33 PM).
Zeffy's Avatar
Zeffy Zeffy is offline
angry mushroom
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: T.A.R.D.I.S.
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,172
Pottermore has gotten boring, I suppose? Last time I played it was October, never played again. xD
  #532    
Old December 3rd, 2011 (8:05 PM).
~Ryukaa's Avatar
~Ryukaa ~Ryukaa is offline
total nerd
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 1,329
Send a message via Skype™ to ~Ryukaa
Ahh, lol.
I've still yet to try it, actually. I tried checking it out today, but it was conveniently down. o3o
(and still is. xD;)

What does it have, anyway?
They never really said. I mean, a "unique online experience" isn't telling me anything. xDDD;;
  #533    
Old December 4th, 2011 (3:36 AM).
mzmingle mzmingle is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hoenn
Age: 14
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 683
Have any of you seen the video i showed you?
On youtube, Potter Puppet Pals has loads of videos, my favourites are:
Draco Puppet
Mysterious Ticking Noise
Wizard Swears.

You should see them, on the last page i gave you a link to them.

(PS, here is a wizard swear: Voldemorts nipple.)

Im not advertising, this isnt my vids, theyre just awesome vids, so id like potter fans to see them lol :D
  #534    
Old December 8th, 2011 (3:33 AM).
Zeffy's Avatar
Zeffy Zeffy is offline
angry mushroom
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: T.A.R.D.I.S.
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ryukaa View Post
Ahh, lol.
I've still yet to try it, actually. I tried checking it out today, but it was conveniently down. o3o
(and still is. xD;)

What does it have, anyway?
They never really said. I mean, a "unique online experience" isn't telling me anything. xDDD;;
Nothing special, though unique for HP fans I suppose. It just involves you in the HP universe with events from the first book to the last. I've had enjoyment in using the shop to be quite honest. :3;
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzmingle View Post
Have any of you seen the video i showed you?
On youtube, Potter Puppet Pals has loads of videos, my favourites are:
Draco Puppet
Mysterious Ticking Noise
Wizard Swears.

You should see them, on the last page i gave you a link to them.

(PS, here is a wizard swear: Voldemorts nipple.)

Im not advertising, this isnt my vids, theyre just awesome vids, so id like potter fans to see them lol :D
I already feel a load of hate comments coming from people because of me saying this but puppets aren't really my thing. I'll try to watch them sometime though!
  #535    
Old December 8th, 2011 (4:03 AM).
Lozz's Avatar
Lozz Lozz is offline
meow meow meow <3
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia.
Gender: Female
Nature: Sassy
Posts: 137
Pottermore was a mega let down for me. In the end, the only things I was really excited about, was being sorted and getting my wand. Otherwise, it was so glitchy. Duels never worked and my potion making glitched, so I couldn't even brew anything. Devastating. haha
  #536    
Old December 8th, 2011 (4:05 AM).
Zeffy's Avatar
Zeffy Zeffy is offline
angry mushroom
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: T.A.R.D.I.S.
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozz View Post
Pottermore was a mega let down for me. In the end, the only things I was really excited about, was being sorted and getting my wand. Otherwise, it was so glitchy. Duels never worked and my potion making glitched, so I couldn't even brew anything. Devastating. haha
I did like my wand. And being sorted into Ravenclaw. OH THE JOY. :3
But yeah, besides from that it's really not that much of a "unique online experience".
  #537    
Old December 8th, 2011 (4:15 AM).
Lozz's Avatar
Lozz Lozz is offline
meow meow meow <3
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia.
Gender: Female
Nature: Sassy
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeffy View Post
I did like my wand. And being sorted into Ravenclaw. OH THE JOY. :3
But yeah, besides from that it's really not that much of a "unique online experience".
hahaha yeah, tell me about it. I kind of knew I'd be sorted into Slytherin though, tbh.
Some friends of mine are making this online thing called myhogwarts. You might have heard of it, it's supposed to make up for how terrible Pottermore is. The only thing is, these people are very disorganised, and half the people organising the site are 14 years old. but it might still be something worthwhile... haha.
  #538    
Old December 8th, 2011 (4:24 AM).
Zeffy's Avatar
Zeffy Zeffy is offline
angry mushroom
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: T.A.R.D.I.S.
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozz View Post
hahaha yeah, tell me about it. I kind of knew I'd be sorted into Slytherin though, tbh.
Some friends of mine are making this online thing called myhogwarts. You might have heard of it, it's supposed to make up for how terrible Pottermore is. The only thing is, these people are very disorganised, and half the people organising the site are 14 years old. but it might still be something worthwhile... haha.
it looks pretty promising for me. I shall try it whenever I can!

The only thing that will make up for how terrible Pottermore is, or anything like it really, is cyber reality. Taste the fierce power of my elder wand, biatch. >:3
  #539    
Old December 8th, 2011 (7:58 AM).
Neptune Vasilias's Avatar
Neptune Vasilias Neptune Vasilias is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Not here, at least.
Age: 19
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozz View Post
hahaha yeah, tell me about it. I kind of knew I'd be sorted into Slytherin though, tbh.
Some friends of mine are making this online thing called myhogwarts. You might have heard of it, it's supposed to make up for how terrible Pottermore is. The only thing is, these people are very disorganised, and half the people organising the site are 14 years old. but it might still be something worthwhile... haha.
And you think 14 year olds don't do good jobs? Tsk tsk. Age is just a number, not a measurement or estimation.

I have heard of it, in fact I'm waiting for registration to commence to see how good it is. I knew of it through Ravenclaw connections. Just a "14 year old", am I?
  #540    
Old December 8th, 2011 (5:48 PM).
Zeffy's Avatar
Zeffy Zeffy is offline
angry mushroom
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: T.A.R.D.I.S.
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,172
I don't think I'm going to waste any more time getting my hopes up for something that can make me experience the HP world. I've had lot of disappointments due to that. ):
  #541    
Old December 11th, 2011 (5:23 AM).
Lozz's Avatar
Lozz Lozz is offline
meow meow meow <3
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia.
Gender: Female
Nature: Sassy
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond1304 View Post
And you think 14 year olds don't do good jobs? Tsk tsk. Age is just a number, not a measurement or estimation.

I have heard of it, in fact I'm waiting for registration to commence to see how good it is. I knew of it through Ravenclaw connections. Just a "14 year old", am I?

hahaha, I'm glad you've heard of it, and in no way am I downplaying the importance of being 14... I'm actually friends with the 14 year olds in question. It's just that this project is a very large undertaking, and when you are entrusting very young, relatively inexperienced people with important management roles, I think it is fair to expect more than a few speed bumps.

Also - I have a lot of insider experience with working with these people. I'm not sure if you were aware of/part of the Magic Is Might fb campaign that happened in the lead up to DH2? but I was involved with that, with a lot of the same people, and there were a few management issues there as well. hopefully myhogwarts works out though! it could be a lot of fun.
  #542    
Old December 11th, 2011 (9:56 AM).
RubyJB88's Avatar
RubyJB88 RubyJB88 is offline
The Runway Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Nim
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Posts: 1,851
Send a message via AIM to RubyJB88 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RubyJB88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeffy
But yeah, besides from that it's really not that much of a "unique online experience".

I don't think I'm going to waste any more time getting my hopes up for something that can make me experience the HP world. I've had lot of disappointments due to that. ):
I still think certain game developers have a big opportunity for something like this, once JKR allows it (which no doubt she will at one point). They should take notice. It's as big as the Star Wars franchise.

Nah, all we need is patience. Lots of time. Something will happen. I wouldn't call this an epic failure just yet.
  #543    
Old December 12th, 2011 (4:36 AM).
Zeffy's Avatar
Zeffy Zeffy is offline
angry mushroom
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: T.A.R.D.I.S.
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,172
I am a fan of turn-based RPG games. If only somehow it could connect...

But nah, I don't suppose much of the HP fans would appreciate a turn-based HP game. ):
  #544    
Old December 12th, 2011 (10:07 AM).
Truality Truality is offline
Left for good
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,007
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Truality Send a message via Skype™ to Truality
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyJB88 View Post
I still think certain game developers have a big opportunity for something like this, once JKR allows it (which no doubt she will at one point). They should take notice. It's as big as the Star Wars franchise.

Nah, all we need is patience. Lots of time. Something will happen. I wouldn't call this an epic failure just yet.
I really hope you're right.

Such a successful lore shouldn't end here, now. Personally, I'm hoping for a new book on the lore, which will subsequently lead to more. Or an anime adaptation of the first seven, as previously stated (though that's not as broadly accepted).
This is my December . . .
  #545    
Old December 13th, 2011 (5:23 AM).
Zeffy's Avatar
Zeffy Zeffy is offline
angry mushroom
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: T.A.R.D.I.S.
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,172
I want more books too! I mean, J.K. Rowling is still there, I bet she didn't lost her touch yet. :/
  #546    
Old December 13th, 2011 (5:40 AM). Edited December 14th, 2011 by Neptune Vasilias.
Neptune Vasilias's Avatar
Neptune Vasilias Neptune Vasilias is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Not here, at least.
Age: 19
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeffy View Post
I want more books too! I mean, J.K. Rowling is still there, I bet she didn't lost her touch yet. :/
Seconded~!

I mean the golden trio has children, yes?

EDIT: On another note, Pottermore has dueling back up again! It's time for the world to taste some extreme Ravenclaw wand-powah! AVADA KEDAVRA, ha!! >:3
  #547    
Old December 15th, 2011 (7:43 PM).
RubyJB88's Avatar
RubyJB88 RubyJB88 is offline
The Runway Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Nim
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Posts: 1,851
Send a message via AIM to RubyJB88 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RubyJB88
Dueling is back? Cool. *goes to see the new ranks*

Did anyone get a survey invite from Pottermore? I thought that was weird...
  #548    
Old December 16th, 2011 (3:48 AM).
Zeffy's Avatar
Zeffy Zeffy is offline
angry mushroom
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: T.A.R.D.I.S.
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,172
I particularly want a book in which details are shown into Harry's adventures as an auror. That should be cool enough for me to wet my pants. xD
  #549    
Old December 16th, 2011 (4:20 AM).
Lozz's Avatar
Lozz Lozz is offline
meow meow meow <3
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia.
Gender: Female
Nature: Sassy
Posts: 137
Meowww... I'm going to start actually using Pottermore again, now that duelling is back up.
Everyone add me: QuaffleFlight136

White: 3353 7718 4050 | Platinum: 1162 3841 6089 | HG: 4985 8594 3873
  #550    
Old December 16th, 2011 (4:27 AM).
Neptune Vasilias's Avatar
Neptune Vasilias Neptune Vasilias is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Not here, at least.
Age: 19
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozz View Post
Meowww... I'm going to start actually using Pottermore again, now that duelling is back up.
Everyone add me: QuaffleFlight136
AurorGalleon16 has sent an invitation~ You may duel me anytime, but my wand is very, oh, potent. *winks*
 
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:45 PM.


Contact Us Archive Privacy Statement Terms of Service Top