• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ಥ_ಥ 5th Gen why you so mean

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
Introduction

So I am kittyipawd lover of flying types and skarmory , I haven't played Since the DP era but I just got a 1050 and now that I have a feel for the meta and what is gay and what is not. For example I used to play on the po server but then I realized their is a reason why exadrill was banned.​

Team at a Glance

Building Process

Spoiler:

Whyunofire? the Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Toxic
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Roar​

My Feelings on Heatran
Spoiler:

Condor the Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Brave Bird​

My Feelings on Skarmory
[SPOILER]How could I have a team without my favorite pokemon xD? Seriously this thing has been ou every generation for a reason! It hasn't changed much outside of some compeition with slowbro as official blissey lover and sturdy upgrade. I loved running shed shell gen IV to say FU to magnezones however I feel leftovers are nesscary to keep skarmory alive. I sometimes can't roost and the lefties really do add on. Besides team preview makes magenzone able to be played around. Even so you should always whirlwind to scout. Information is vital in pokemon. I won't change the evs unless my team is deadass weak to T-tar and ill need to invest 40 spe or something like that. I am not running taunt so I dont need to outspeed wobbofet >_<[/SPOILER]

RareRuby the Gastrodon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Recover​

My Feelings on Gastrodon
Spoiler:

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
A Hydreigon with Choice Scarf will give you a ton of problems, especially if it has HP Grass. Your only real counter to it is Ice Shard, which is only 60 BP after STAB :/. I'd say replace Psychic with Ice Beam on your Starmie and let entry hazards and Skarmory deal with Fighting types, but again, a scarfed Dark Pulse will most likely OHKO Starmie.

Or you could replace Starmie/Weavile with Gorebyss/Cloyster to SmashPass while retaining a spinner, and having a much more powerful ice-stab.

NidoJosh

Unleash your inner Nidocity
Years
If you do choose to go with Politoed may I suggest changing Starmie to Tentacruel?

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Trait: Raindish
252 HP/ 240 Def/ 16 Spe

~ Toxic Spikes
~ Scald
~ Rapid Spin
~ Ice Beam/ Protect

He can be an awesome rapid spinner and can lay down toxic spilkes.
With access to STAB Scald he can severely cripple physical attackers with a burn.
Due to his ability and leftovers, he can heal quite a bit of health each turn and can be coupled with protect to ensure the recovery or use ice beam to give aid in checking Hydreigon

May I also suggest maybe having Will-o-Wisp on Dusknoir?
Can be really helpful :3

Last edited:

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
A Hydreigon with Choice Scarf will give you a ton of problems, especially if it has HP Grass. Your only real counter to it is Ice Shard, which is only 60 BP after STAB :/. I'd say replace Psychic with Ice Beam on your Starmie and let entry hazards and Skarmory deal with Fighting types, but again, a scarfed Dark Pulse will most likely OHKO Starmie.

Or you could replace Starmie/Weavile with Gorebyss/Cloyster to SmashPass while retaining a spinner, and having a much more powerful ice-stab.

If you do choose to go with Politoed may I suggest changing Starmie to Tentacruel?

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Trait: Raindish
252 HP/ 240 Def/ 16 Spe

~ Toxic Spikes
~ Scald
~ Rapid Spin
~ Ice Beam/ Protect

He can be an awesome rapid spinner and can lay down toxic spilkes.
With access to STAB Scald he can severely cripple physical attackers with a burn.
Due to his ability and leftovers, he can heal quite a bit of health each turn and can be coupled with protect to ensure the recovery or use ice beam to give aid in checking Hydreigon

May I also suggest maybe having Will-o-Wisp on Dusknoir?
Can be really helpful :3

I have faced many of them dark dragons and they are always choiced and they always ALWAYS spam u turn or draco meteor. If they u turn alot they will get wore down by sr. If they draco meteror I always switch into heatran from there I go to gastrodon to take the focus blast. Once I got gastrodon dead because it was a lo set with HP Grass and I was like oh shizznit. Then I spamed Ice shard for the win lol.

Anyways I don't like running moves with low accuracy because I hate being the guy that complains about hax. One guy was a total jerk to me because he missed hydro pump and I lol'ed. People have a tendency to see only the bad especially when I severely out predicted him. So wow is a nay.

Smash pass sounds very sexy though.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Psychic isn't a good attack to use in OU, unless you're Reuniclus. Starmie is still best off with Surf or Hydro Pump as its STAB attack, since Water has better coverage than Psychic.

Weavile isn't very good in OU because Bullet Punch Scizor utterly destroys it. Like NidoJosh suggested, use Cloyster because it can take a (physical) hit from Dragonite, set up Shell Smash then KO it with Icicle Spear.

Webdemon

Meh! Seems legit
Years
Weavile's already fast! I don't think you'll be needing ice shard that much. If you can somehow get ice punch on it, You're golden.

I also use Brick break as it's a great way to get rid of screens.

The item on weavile is a bit of a slow and painful suicide. The Weavile I have on my Black is using expert belt or a choice item (On rare occasion the choice band as I hate being locked into one move).

If weavile had a recovery move to regain the life lost from Life orb than by all means go for it, Seeing as though the whole point of to keep your team mate alive. A choice band or expert belt (If you don't want to be locked into a move.) Or hell even a elemental boost item. (I.E nevermeltice, Black Glasses,Black Belt.. ETC.) Would do you good.

That's my input.

Starmie is also in the same ball park with that Life orb thing also. This is just me, But if I were to use a life orb on it..I'd use recover in order to regain the health lost from life orb (This is why I love the sheer force and Magic guard abilties! Best Life orb users EVAR). But seeing as you look like your teams is set out to kill as fast and as hard as you can, I would stick with that set. You seem to know what you're doing with it.

That's my 2 cents on the subject!

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
Give Starmie Surf or Hyrdo Pump or something over Psychic. Psychic is a pretty terrible move, and with Rain being as common as it is (unforunately >.>) Hydro Pump is a really good move.

On Weavile you may want to consider Brick Break as an alternative against lighter weight opponents. Also, keep Ice Shard in case you have to bring it in to revenge kill a Dragon-type with a DD under his/her belt.

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years
I'd say a White Herb Careful-natured Cloyster with Shell Smash. If you had that it should have EVs in Sp. Def and HP so it'll withstand some good special attacks and with using Shell Smash, White Herb only restores the Def and Sp. Def that were lowered.

Years
Magic Guard Reuniclus is awesome with a Life Orb, because it doesn't suffer from the HP-losing side-effect.

If you want a great Psychic attacker, Reuniclus is awesome!

Starmie works better with Surf than Hydro Pump cos Surf is more accurate.

I can't think of Weavile right now but watch out for Choice Scarf Hydreigons!

I know how tough Hydreigon is because I use one in Black.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Just a few small suggestions.

I'd swap Ice Beam or Toxic on Gastrodon with Scald because Gastrodon has got rather low defense and Burning an opponent can really help with that problem.

Weavile should have Brick Break over Low Kick, because some opponents aren't huge and heavy.

Starmie needs a Water STAB move. Give it either Surf/Hydro Pump over Psychic. And last but not least your team lacks a good special sweeper. IMO replace Dusknoir with something a bit more... better.

Webdemon

Meh! Seems legit
Years

And last but not least your team lacks a good special sweeper. IMO replace Dusknoir with something a bit more... better.

If you were suggesting either Gengar or something of the like! They'd see it coming. My options lie with the bird looking fairy thing we've come to know as Togekiss

Call me crazy but with the past few times I've done the wifi battle subway with Togekiss (and I've managed to get off a nasty plot or two up). I've been able to obliterate everything that didn't resist it. (Including ghost types thanks to Air slash.)

Steel's like Metagross and Aggron were susceptible to Togekiss's blessing as the greatest special fighting move to grace the battling scene...Aura sphere.

I've also done a number of opponents with Latios and it's thunderbolt. (Right now I'm using a Latios for the wifi Battle Subway which is WAAY faster than a regular Garchomp.)

There are literally hundreds of Pokemon at your disposal should you choose to broaden your horizon.

I'm sure other posters will be able to lend a hand to this matter as right now my brains isn't exactly in "think" mode.

Back