• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Thieves of the Night] Dark-Type Club ☻

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houndoomed

Battle Master
Years
Dark Types Rule!

Welcome Otherworld9
Username: Houndoomed
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Ever since they were introduced I have been drawn to Dark types. I have at least two in my team at all times, they are well designed, balanced and asthetically pleaseing to me as I always prefer the darker/evil side of any contest.
Your Rotating Partners:
Houndoom (Of course), Tyranitar, Sharpedo, Absol, Zoroark, Hydreigon, Umbreon, Drapion, Weavile, Krookodile and Mandibuzz.
What Type's Rule: Dark/Fire Types.

Zeus

Last edited:

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
glad to have this group active again! Seems like mod Alex is actove being a mod, amayrayt? congrats otherworld9)

Yes....always wanted to a mod, but I take it it's a lot of responsibility and being active daily....which takes a toll on you if you aren't careful. Thanks for the cheer. Hopefully this group goes far and beyond....

Welcome Otherworld9
Username: Houndoomed
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Ever since they were introduced I have been drawn to Dark types. I have at least two in my team at all times, they are well designed, balanced and asthetically pleaseing to me as I always prefer the darker/evil side of any contest.
Your Rotating Partners:
Houndoom (Of course), Tyranitar, Sharpedo, Absol, Zoroark, Hydreigon, Umbreon, Drapion, Weavile, Krookodile and Mandibuzz.
What Type's Rule: Dark/Fire Types.

Zeus

Hmm...you're accepted. By rotating, do you mean change them once in a while to the next, next, and back again and so on? You'll start with the Houndoom though. Welcome. :) (Thanks for the cheer as well.)

ShadowTheDarkrai

The :~*Fanciest*~: Snivy around
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
Alex really deserves to be a mod, after all he posts 24/7 on the cute club and other clubs too! He also has started right away with improving the group section once a moderator. Anyways, for any of the people who don't know how the story works it goes like this: I will post the start of the story and then someone else can continue the story in their post and the next person can continue it again and it will continue like that until we have a full story. Here are some rules for it. 1. This story must be about dark types and it can't suddenly go to a story about something like fire types. 2. Please do not post another part of the story if someone has not posted a part of it in between your last post for the story unless the club is getting inactive. 3. You may not end the story or kill off the main character one exception is that once the story is pretty much at the end you can make it into a story being told to someone and make that person the main character. 4. You may not make it have a huge love story or major violence in it, the limits are kissing and hugging and pretty badly damaged with cuts and bruises. 5. Don't insult the characters in the story or the creators of them, don't make it so that all the characters someone created died and don't ignore someones contribution to the story and continue from the post before it. Anyways, here is the start of the story!

Long ago, there was a village of dark type pokemon near a mountain. The pokemon lived peacefully there until, many wildfires started breaking out and lightning kept on striking the village causing many house and feilds to be destroyed. They kept on repairing the feilds and the houses but they kept on getting worse each time. They didn't know what to do but one day a group of pokemon from their village formed an exploration team to find and stop the cause of this.

Houndoomed

Battle Master
Years
Yes....always wanted to a mod, but I take it it's a lot of responsibility and being active daily....which takes a toll on you if you aren't careful. Thanks for the cheer. Hopefully this group goes far and beyond....

Hmm...you're accepted. By rotating, do you mean change them once in a while to the next, next, and back again and so on? You'll start with the Houndoom though. Welcome. :) (Thanks for the cheer as well.)

Sorry, that wasnt very clear, I have all of them spread over all my games, so everyone gets some game time regularly. And yes Always Houndoom First lol

Zeus

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Sorry, that wasnt very clear, I have all of them spread over all my games, so everyone gets some game time regularly. And yes Always Houndoom First lol

Zeus

Nice work there, then I will change it every morning to the next pokemon and so on, then the cycle shall repeat again. :) As for the story......

Long ago, there was a village of dark type pokemon near a mountain. The pokemon lived peacefully there until, many wildfires started breaking out and lightning kept on striking the village causing many house and feilds to be destroyed. They kept on repairing the feilds and the houses but they kept on getting worse each time. They didn't know what to do but one day a group of pokemon from their village formed an exploration team to find and stop the cause of this. The leader being a Bisharp, who's battle scars have shown he has been an experienced fighter. They explored near the village, outside the village, on the outskirts, and even wandered out the mountain's pathway into other villages. They had no clue where the problem had arisen or what caused such a disaster. One day, however, one of their exploration's members had found a clue that would send the village into panic. The Sableye, who found the clue, informed the team that there had been a legendary pokemon spotted around their village's mountain. The legendary was in rage, yet nobody knew why it was angered. They set off to the top of the mountain, the only place they haven't explored yet.

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
Years
Dark-Types rule

Username:
greg0915

What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon:
Lethal and sinister looking

Your partners:
Lupus the Mightyena
262MS.png

What is your favorite Dark-Type?
Mightyena

When did you start liking your Favorite Dark Pokemon?
When I bred my shiny Poochyena (Lupus) for Halloween

Favourite Dark-Type Move?
It has to be Dark Void then Night Daze

Which is the most Underrated?
Weavile

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Dark-Types rule

Username:
greg0915

What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon:
Lethal and sinister looking

Your partners:
Lupus the Mightyena
262MS.png

What is your favorite Dark-Type?
Mightyena

When did you start liking your Favorite Dark Pokemon?
When I bred my shiny Poochyena (Lupus) for Halloween

Favourite Dark-Type Move?
It has to be Dark Void then Night Daze

Which is the most Underrated?
Weavile

Welcome greg, hope you enjoy. :) I also love Dark Void and Night Daze, my best moves when it comes to dark types......Sneasel line is quite left behind too...even though my Weavil on my Unova team isn't that bad at all....except in defense though.

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
Years
With a Jolly nature and Max IV's it has 383 Spe and 339 Atk at Lv.100. Through in Low Kick, STAB Ice Shard, Ice Punch and Night Slash and you get a pretty lethal killer! Low Kick will OHKO Heatran and you wouldn't fancy any Psychic, Dragon or Flying Types chances!

Houndoomed

Battle Master
Years
My Weavile is a level 80, I have it with Night slash, Avalanche, low kick and false swipe, excellent pokemon hunter.

Zeus

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Weavile needs to be drugged up to have decent defense.

Zeus

It does, since its the only thing stopping me from naming it the best killer out there really....

With a Jolly nature and Max IV's it has 383 Spe and 339 Atk at Lv.100. Through in Low Kick, STAB Ice Shard, Ice Punch and Night Slash and you get a pretty lethal killer! Low Kick will OHKO Heatran and you wouldn't fancy any Psychic, Dragon or Flying Types chances!

Weavile does! Especially being a dual ice/dark type, it can KO the tough dragons. :3

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
Years
I can't stand shiny Weavile! I mean Pink and Yellow!!!.......... For a Dark type!!!

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
I can't stand shiny Weavile! I mean Pink and Yellow!!!.......... For a Dark type!!!

You are definitely right: I mean, look at them....pink and yellow reminds me pretty much of Smoochum and psychic/electric types. I don't mind a pink and yellow Weavile except the fact that not only are pink and yellow my very least favorite colors, but if you do face a shiny Weavile, you'd find it hard to believe it's a dark type you're facing.

images
images

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
You are definitely right: I mean, look at them....pink and yellow reminds me pretty much of Smoochum and psychic/electric types. I don't mind a pink and yellow Weavile except the fact that not only are pink and yellow my very least favorite colors, but if you do face a shiny Weavile, you'd find it hard to believe it's a dark type you're facing.

images
images

In all honesty, the shiny weavile lost its darkyness and nastiness.

I like Zorua and zoroark's shiny form. It's like they are burning with an.... Internal eternal fire.

Houndoomed

Battle Master
Years
There are many pokemon, two in particular, that I think should have been dark types. I love and use these two all the time. Both of them have dark moves in their sets and have that look of savageness and coolness that all Dark types should have.

Ursaring is a single Normal classification which sees like a waste to me, wouldn't it be cool to have had a Normal/Dark type?

Scizor would need to retain his Bug type status obviously but could have easily been Dark over steel for the second one, he learns pursuit too naturally.

Here is what I would have liked them to look like.
Darkrecolour.png

Other Pokemon that Zeus thinks should be Dark: Toxicroak, Donphan, Gliscor.

Just my thoughts

Zeus

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Dark Type shiny sprites that I like:
umbreons.png
houndooms.png
mightyenas.png
sableyes.png
sharpedos.png
skuntanks.png
spiritombs.png
drapions.png
scraftys.png
zoruas.png
zoroarks.png
bisharps.png
hydreigons.png

Ooh...shiny sprites! Thank you so much...I will use them for those who want shinies. YOU CAN CLAIM SHINY POKEMON...if you all didn't know. For starters, if they're one of these, you're in luck. If not then....you're getting a bigger avatar, but shiny nevertheless.

I like Zorua and zoroark's shiny form. It's like they are burning with an.... Internal eternal fire.

I love their shiny form, with the blue flame and awesome color scheme.

There are many pokemon, two in particular, that I think should have been dark types. I love and use these two all the time. Both of them have dark moves in their sets and have that look of savageness and coolness that all Dark types should have.

Ursaring is a single Normal classification which sees like a waste to me, wouldn't it be cool to have had a Normal/Dark type?

Scizor would need to retain his Bug type status obviously but could have easily been Dark over steel for the second one, he learns pursuit too naturally.

Here is what I would have liked them to look like.
Darkrecolour.png

Other Pokemon that Zeus thinks should be Dark: Toxicroak, Donphan, Gliscor.

Just my thoughts

Zeus

I agree with you, especially with the Ursaring and the Gliscor. Both have dark-type looks and schemes in them, and may learn a few move or two. Scizor...it's fine, don't really matter much, and Toxicroak I agree with you. and Donphan looks like one, yet I'm not sure it can attack like one....

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
He learns the same amount of Dark moves as he does Ground moves though. He has Assurance and Knock off in his move set along with Magnatude and Eathquake. Perfect ground/ Dark type.

Zeus

Oh, then in that case, it might be considered one. Was just lazy to check up on his moves. XD But if his movepool is mostly of ground and dark, half half basically, then it can be changed to Dark Type, no questions asked. I wonder why it wasn't, but they have their reasons...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back