• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Thieves of the Night] Dark-Type Club ☻

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houndoomed

Battle Master
Years
Oh, then in that case, it might be considered one. Was just lazy to check up on his moves. XD But if his movepool is mostly of ground and dark, half half basically, then it can be changed to Dark Type, no questions asked. I wonder why it wasn't, but they have their reasons...

If the members of this club had their way, all pokemon would be Dark, Im pretty sure they distribute the type evenly across the pokedex. But its nice to think what could have been.

Zeus

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
There are many pokemon, two in particular, that I think should have been dark types. I love and use these two all the time. Both of them have dark moves in their sets and have that look of savageness and coolness that all Dark types should have.

Ursaring is a single Normal classification which sees like a waste to me, wouldn't it be cool to have had a Normal/Dark type?

Scizor would need to retain his Bug type status obviously but could have easily been Dark over steel for the second one, he learns pursuit too naturally.

Here is what I would have liked them to look like.
Darkrecolour.png

Other Pokemon that Zeus thinks should be Dark: Toxicroak, Donphan, Gliscor.

Just my thoughts

Zeus

true true. Up to Diamond, i thought Scizor was part Dark and not bug. My life is a lie. :(

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
true true. Up to Diamond, i thought Scizor was part Dark and not bug. My life is a lie. :(

Don't worry, I thought it was a Dark/Steel too since winged pokemon already have the ability to fly without having the FLYING type on them. Would have made better sense to make it Steel/Dark, but eh....as for the cake is a lie, nah....my life was a lie too at some points. XD

miltankRancher

Years
Don't worry, I thought it was a Dark/Steel too since winged pokemon already have the ability to fly without having the FLYING type on them. Would have made better sense to make it Steel/Dark, but eh....as for the cake is a lie, nah....my life was a lie too at some points. XD

GF keeps on trolling us with them types. I mean, look. Scizor is all darky and stuff. It learns a Technician-boosted Pursuit, for arceus' sake.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
GF keeps on trolling us with them types. I mean, look. Scizor is all darky and stuff. It learns a Technician-boosted Pursuit, for arceus' sake.

Yeah, he does. XD Like Zeus stated, I think most other pokemon should be dark too. Toxicroak is a good exception, having the color scheme and dark moves. Gliscor, being Nocturnal and having that beast look, and many others.

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
Years
There are many pokemon, two in particular, that I think should have been dark types. I love and use these two all the time. Both of them have dark moves in their sets and have that look of savageness and coolness that all Dark types should have.

Ursaring is a single Normal classification which sees like a waste to me, wouldn't it be cool to have had a Normal/Dark type?

Scizor would need to retain his Bug type status obviously but could have easily been Dark over steel for the second one, he learns pursuit too naturally.

Here is what I would have liked them to look like.
Darkrecolour.png

Other Pokemon that Zeus thinks should be Dark: Toxicroak, Donphan, Gliscor.

Just my thoughts

Zeus

In fact I have a Toxicroack NN'd NotDRKtyp that I received in a trade lol
454.png

miltankRancher

Years
Yeah, he does. XD Like Zeus stated, I think most other pokemon should be dark too. Toxicroak is a good exception, having the color scheme and dark moves. Gliscor, being Nocturnal and having that beast look, and many others.

and Toxicroak looks all mafia and all! He's like the land based Honchcrow. Gliscor too, considering the fact that he evolves at night.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Pokemon mafia, I like that.
tsth.png

Honchkrow would be the Don for sure.

Zeus

From what the pokedex entries and how it looks.....yeah, Honchkrow looks like a BOSS....then you add the henchmen and there you have it....a Pokemon Mafia. XD

Is there any pokemon you think shouldn't be Dark?

miltankRancher

Years
From what the pokedex entries and how it looks.....yeah, Honchkrow looks like a BOSS....then you add the henchmen and there you have it....a Pokemon Mafia. XD

Is there any pokemon you think shouldn't be Dark?

Add in some Murkrow and henchmen, I can imagine an underground black market. Kill or be killed.

On topic, Cacturne comes to mind. He is a cactus, hence the Grass Type, but he lives in the freaking sandstorm. Why is he not immune to it? he should be ground type.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Now, to answer my own topic, maybe Crawdaunt doesn't really fit the dark species. He's just...i can't tell if he has the looks of a dark type, more like a hero though, but I give it credit. Then comes Nuzleaf, but I thought it was grass/dark when I first saw it, so I got nothing against the creature.

Years
Username: PokemonLady

What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Awesomeness

Your partners: Sharpedo & Houndoom

What Types rule: Dark

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Username: PokemonLady

What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Awesomeness

Your partners: Sharpedo & Houndoom

What Types rule: Dark

Welcome to the club PokemonLady. :3 I see you read the rules and got two partners....say, Cacturne isn't that bad once you take a good look at him.
images

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
That picture above is some artists rendition I think, the true cacturne Im used to looks alot darker in nature.

Cacturne.jpg

Zeus

I think Cacturne is rather cute to me......*crickets chirp* Well, it's an artist who drew that, just to show that on a different angle it can be cute:

Is there any Dark-Types you think need evolution?

miltankRancher

Years
Cacturne is, yes, too cute. Too soft to be a dark type.

ON TOPIC:

Sharpedo needs their third family member. For higher stats. Don't let that Speed Boost go to waste.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Hmm....we need member's opinions on this: our club will get a css coding on the main page thanks to greg, but we need opinions. I have no idea how this works though(I'm such a blonde when it comes to css coding and stuff :cer_tongue: ) but basically, an example would be the Under the Sea club, or the Cute Pokemon club.

Opinions for what to expect on the CSS for the main page of this club? Anyone?

Houndoomed

Battle Master
Years
Cacturne is, yes, too cute. Too soft to be a dark type.

ON TOPIC:

Sharpedo needs their third family member. For higher stats. Don't let that Speed Boost go to waste.

Motion seconded, Sharpedo is so cool, but he needs a body, why in the world would he be just a head? Also does anyone know why Sharpedo and Garchomp don Stars on their heads? Both Shark type pokemon, wonder if that means anything.

Garchomp Should be A Dark/Dragon in my opinion also.

Zeus

miltankRancher

Years
Motion seconded, Sharpedo is so cool, but he needs a body, why in the world would he be just a head? Also does anyone know why Sharpedo and Garchomp don Stars on their heads? Both Shark type pokemon, wonder if that means anything.

Garchomp Should be A Dark/Dragon in my opinion also.

Zeus

Seconded. Garchomp looked too evil to stay neutral. And he is a land shark, quick, and powerful. With great fangs, and such,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back