The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 16th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Otherworld9) Send a message via Skype™ to Otherworld9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndoomed View Post
Weavile needs to be drugged up to have decent defense.

Zeus
It does, since its the only thing stopping me from naming it the best killer out there really....

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg0915 View Post
With a Jolly nature and Max IV's it has 383 Spe and 339 Atk at Lv.100. Through in Low Kick, STAB Ice Shard, Ice Punch and Night Slash and you get a pretty lethal killer! Low Kick will OHKO Heatran and you wouldn't fancy any Psychic, Dragon or Flying Types chances!
Weavile does! Especially being a dual ice/dark type, it can KO the tough dragons. :3
Old December 16th, 2011, 03:26 PM
greg0915
Tomorrow is a new day
Community Supporter

I can't stand shiny Weavile! I mean Pink and Yellow!!!.......... For a Dark type!!!
Old December 16th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Houndoomed
Battle Master

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
I can't stand shiny Weavile! I mean Pink and Yellow!!!.......... For a Dark type!!!
100% agreed. I prefer all pokemon non shiny for that matter.

Zeus
Old December 16th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Otherworld9) Send a message via Skype™ to Otherworld9)
Quote:
You are definitely right: I mean, look at them....pink and yellow reminds me pretty much of Smoochum and psychic/electric types. I don't mind a pink and yellow Weavile except the fact that not only are pink and yellow my very least favorite colors, but if you do face a shiny Weavile, you'd find it hard to believe it's a dark type you're facing.

Old December 16th, 2011, 03:38 PM
greg0915
Tomorrow is a new day
Community Supporter

Dark Type shiny sprites that I like:
Old December 16th, 2011, 03:51 PM
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otherworld9) View Post
You are definitely right: I mean, look at them....pink and yellow reminds me pretty much of Smoochum and psychic/electric types. I don't mind a pink and yellow Weavile except the fact that not only are pink and yellow my very least favorite colors, but if you do face a shiny Weavile, you'd find it hard to believe it's a dark type you're facing.

In all honesty, the shiny weavile lost its darkyness and nastiness.

I like Zorua and zoroark's shiny form. It's like they are burning with an.... Internal eternal fire.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old December 16th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Houndoomed
Battle Master

There are many pokemon, two in particular, that I think should have been dark types. I love and use these two all the time. Both of them have dark moves in their sets and have that look of savageness and coolness that all Dark types should have.

Ursaring is a single Normal classification which sees like a waste to me, wouldn't it be cool to have had a Normal/Dark type?

Scizor would need to retain his Bug type status obviously but could have easily been Dark over steel for the second one, he learns pursuit too naturally.

Here is what I would have liked them to look like.

Other Pokemon that Zeus thinks should be Dark: Toxicroak, Donphan, Gliscor.

Just my thoughts

Zeus
Old December 16th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage

Quote:
Dark Type shiny sprites that I like:
Ooh...shiny sprites! Thank you so much...I will use them for those who want shinies. YOU CAN CLAIM SHINY POKEMON...if you all didn't know. For starters, if they're one of these, you're in luck. If not then....you're getting a bigger avatar, but shiny nevertheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miltankRancher View Post
I like Zorua and zoroark's shiny form. It's like they are burning with an.... Internal eternal fire.
I love their shiny form, with the blue flame and awesome color scheme.

Quote:
There are many pokemon, two in particular, that I think should have been dark types. I love and use these two all the time. Both of them have dark moves in their sets and have that look of savageness and coolness that all Dark types should have.

Ursaring is a single Normal classification which sees like a waste to me, wouldn't it be cool to have had a Normal/Dark type?

Scizor would need to retain his Bug type status obviously but could have easily been Dark over steel for the second one, he learns pursuit too naturally.

Just my thoughts

Zeus
I agree with you, especially with the Ursaring and the Gliscor. Both have dark-type looks and schemes in them, and may learn a few move or two. Scizor...it's fine, don't really matter much, and Toxicroak I agree with you. and Donphan looks like one, yet I'm not sure it can attack like one....
Old December 16th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Houndoomed
Battle Master

Quote:
Donphan looks like one, yet I'm not sure it can attack like one....

He learns the same amount of Dark moves as he does Ground moves though. He has Assurance and Knock off in his move set along with Magnatude and Eathquake. Perfect ground/ Dark type.

Zeus
Old December 16th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage

Quote:
He learns the same amount of Dark moves as he does Ground moves though. He has Assurance and Knock off in his move set along with Magnatude and Eathquake. Perfect ground/ Dark type.

Zeus
Oh, then in that case, it might be considered one. Was just lazy to check up on his moves. XD But if his movepool is mostly of ground and dark, half half basically, then it can be changed to Dark Type, no questions asked. I wonder why it wasn't, but they have their reasons...
Old December 16th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Houndoomed
Battle Master

Quote:
Oh, then in that case, it might be considered one. Was just lazy to check up on his moves. XD But if his movepool is mostly of ground and dark, half half basically, then it can be changed to Dark Type, no questions asked. I wonder why it wasn't, but they have their reasons...
If the members of this club had their way, all pokemon would be Dark, Im pretty sure they distribute the type evenly across the pokedex. But its nice to think what could have been.

Zeus
Old December 17th, 2011, 03:06 AM
miltankRancher

Quote:

Just my thoughts

Zeus
true true. Up to Diamond, i thought Scizor was part Dark and not bug. My life is a lie.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old December 17th, 2011, 04:10 AM
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage

Quote:
true true. Up to Diamond, i thought Scizor was part Dark and not bug. My life is a lie.
Don't worry, I thought it was a Dark/Steel too since winged pokemon already have the ability to fly without having the FLYING type on them. Would have made better sense to make it Steel/Dark, but eh....as for the cake is a lie, nah....my life was a lie too at some points. XD
Old December 17th, 2011, 06:01 AM
miltankRancher

Quote:
Don't worry, I thought it was a Dark/Steel too since winged pokemon already have the ability to fly without having the FLYING type on them. Would have made better sense to make it Steel/Dark, but eh....as for the cake is a lie, nah....my life was a lie too at some points. XD
GF keeps on trolling us with them types. I mean, look. Scizor is all darky and stuff. It learns a Technician-boosted Pursuit, for arceus' sake.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old December 17th, 2011, 06:28 AM
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage

Quote:
GF keeps on trolling us with them types. I mean, look. Scizor is all darky and stuff. It learns a Technician-boosted Pursuit, for arceus' sake.
Yeah, he does. XD Like Zeus stated, I think most other pokemon should be dark too. Toxicroak is a good exception, having the color scheme and dark moves. Gliscor, being Nocturnal and having that beast look, and many others.
Old December 17th, 2011, 07:38 AM
greg0915
Tomorrow is a new day
Community Supporter

Quote:

Just my thoughts

Zeus
In fact I have a Toxicroack NN'd NotDRKtyp that I received in a trade lol
Old December 17th, 2011, 02:47 PM
miltankRancher

Quote:
Yeah, he does. XD Like Zeus stated, I think most other pokemon should be dark too. Toxicroak is a good exception, having the color scheme and dark moves. Gliscor, being Nocturnal and having that beast look, and many others.
and Toxicroak looks all mafia and all! He's like the land based Honchcrow. Gliscor too, considering the fact that he evolves at night.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old December 17th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Houndoomed
Battle Master

Quote:
and Toxicroak looks all mafia and all! He's like the land based Honchcrow. Gliscor too, considering the fact that he evolves at night.
Pokemon mafia, I like that.

Honchkrow would be the Don for sure.

Zeus
Old December 17th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage

Quote:
Pokemon mafia, I like that.

Honchkrow would be the Don for sure.

Zeus
From what the pokedex entries and how it looks.....yeah, Honchkrow looks like a BOSS....then you add the henchmen and there you have it....a Pokemon Mafia. XD

Is there any pokemon you think shouldn't be Dark?
Old December 17th, 2011, 08:42 PM
miltankRancher

Quote:
From what the pokedex entries and how it looks.....yeah, Honchkrow looks like a BOSS....then you add the henchmen and there you have it....a Pokemon Mafia. XD

Is there any pokemon you think shouldn't be Dark?
Add in some Murkrow and henchmen, I can imagine an underground black market. Kill or be killed.

On topic, Cacturne comes to mind. He is a cactus, hence the Grass Type, but he lives in the freaking sandstorm. Why is he not immune to it? he should be ground type.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old December 18th, 2011, 04:49 AM
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage

Now, to answer my own topic, maybe Crawdaunt doesn't really fit the dark species. He's just...i can't tell if he has the looks of a dark type, more like a hero though, but I give it credit. Then comes Nuzleaf, but I thought it was grass/dark when I first saw it, so I got nothing against the creature.
Old December 19th, 2011, 07:32 AM
PokemonLady
Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Username: PokemonLady

What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Awesomeness

Your partners: Sharpedo & Houndoom

What Types rule: Dark

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 19th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonLady View Post
Username: PokemonLady

What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Awesomeness

Your partners: Sharpedo & Houndoom

What Types rule: Dark
Welcome to the club PokemonLady. :3 I see you read the rules and got two partners....say, Cacturne isn't that bad once you take a good look at him.
Old December 20th, 2011, 03:47 PM
miltankRancher

Quote:
Welcome to the club PokemonLady. :3 I see you read the rules and got two partners....say, Cacturne isn't that bad once you take a good look at him.
He looks too comical here to be a dark-type.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old December 20th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Houndoomed
Battle Master

That picture above is some artists rendition I think, the true cacturne Im used to looks alot darker in nature.

Zeus

Sponsored Links