The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #51    
Old December 16th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Otherworld9)'s Avatar
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: honk
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Otherworld9) Send a message via Skype™ to Otherworld9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndoomed View Post
Weavile needs to be drugged up to have decent defense.


Zeus
It does, since its the only thing stopping me from naming it the best killer out there really....

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg0915 View Post
With a Jolly nature and Max IV's it has 383 Spe and 339 Atk at Lv.100. Through in Low Kick, STAB Ice Shard, Ice Punch and Night Slash and you get a pretty lethal killer! Low Kick will OHKO Heatran and you wouldn't fancy any Psychic, Dragon or Flying Types chances!
Weavile does! Especially being a dual ice/dark type, it can KO the tough dragons. :3
__________________
  #52    
Old December 16th, 2011, 03:26 PM
greg0915's Avatar
greg0915
Tomorrow is a new day
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: England
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
I can't stand shiny Weavile! I mean Pink and Yellow!!!.......... For a Dark type!!!
__________________
  #53    
Old December 16th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Houndoomed's Avatar
Houndoomed
Battle Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Iron Island
Gender: Male
Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg0915 View Post
I can't stand shiny Weavile! I mean Pink and Yellow!!!.......... For a Dark type!!!
100% agreed. I prefer all pokemon non shiny for that matter.

Zeus
__________________
  #54    
Old December 16th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Otherworld9)'s Avatar
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: honk
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Otherworld9) Send a message via Skype™ to Otherworld9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg0915 View Post
I can't stand shiny Weavile! I mean Pink and Yellow!!!.......... For a Dark type!!!
You are definitely right: I mean, look at them....pink and yellow reminds me pretty much of Smoochum and psychic/electric types. I don't mind a pink and yellow Weavile except the fact that not only are pink and yellow my very least favorite colors, but if you do face a shiny Weavile, you'd find it hard to believe it's a dark type you're facing.

__________________
  #55    
Old December 16th, 2011, 03:38 PM
greg0915's Avatar
greg0915
Tomorrow is a new day
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: England
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Dark Type shiny sprites that I like:
__________________
  #56    
Old December 16th, 2011, 03:51 PM
miltankRancher's Avatar
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otherworld9) View Post
You are definitely right: I mean, look at them....pink and yellow reminds me pretty much of Smoochum and psychic/electric types. I don't mind a pink and yellow Weavile except the fact that not only are pink and yellow my very least favorite colors, but if you do face a shiny Weavile, you'd find it hard to believe it's a dark type you're facing.

In all honesty, the shiny weavile lost its darkyness and nastiness.

I like Zorua and zoroark's shiny form. It's like they are burning with an.... Internal eternal fire.
__________________

I am a Roleplayer


...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
  #57    
Old December 16th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Houndoomed's Avatar
Houndoomed
Battle Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Iron Island
Gender: Male
Nature: Hardy
There are many pokemon, two in particular, that I think should have been dark types. I love and use these two all the time. Both of them have dark moves in their sets and have that look of savageness and coolness that all Dark types should have.

Ursaring is a single Normal classification which sees like a waste to me, wouldn't it be cool to have had a Normal/Dark type?

Scizor would need to retain his Bug type status obviously but could have easily been Dark over steel for the second one, he learns pursuit too naturally.

Here is what I would have liked them to look like.


Other Pokemon that Zeus thinks should be Dark: Toxicroak, Donphan, Gliscor.

Just my thoughts

Zeus
__________________
  #58    
Old December 16th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Otherworld9)'s Avatar
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: honk
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Otherworld9) Send a message via Skype™ to Otherworld9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg0915 View Post
Dark Type shiny sprites that I like:
Ooh...shiny sprites! Thank you so much...I will use them for those who want shinies. YOU CAN CLAIM SHINY POKEMON...if you all didn't know. For starters, if they're one of these, you're in luck. If not then....you're getting a bigger avatar, but shiny nevertheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miltankRancher View Post
I like Zorua and zoroark's shiny form. It's like they are burning with an.... Internal eternal fire.
I love their shiny form, with the blue flame and awesome color scheme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndoomed View Post
There are many pokemon, two in particular, that I think should have been dark types. I love and use these two all the time. Both of them have dark moves in their sets and have that look of savageness and coolness that all Dark types should have.

Ursaring is a single Normal classification which sees like a waste to me, wouldn't it be cool to have had a Normal/Dark type?

Scizor would need to retain his Bug type status obviously but could have easily been Dark over steel for the second one, he learns pursuit too naturally.

Here is what I would have liked them to look like.


Other Pokemon that Zeus thinks should be Dark: Toxicroak, Donphan, Gliscor.

Just my thoughts

Zeus
I agree with you, especially with the Ursaring and the Gliscor. Both have dark-type looks and schemes in them, and may learn a few move or two. Scizor...it's fine, don't really matter much, and Toxicroak I agree with you. and Donphan looks like one, yet I'm not sure it can attack like one....
__________________
  #59    
Old December 16th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Houndoomed's Avatar
Houndoomed
Battle Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Iron Island
Gender: Male
Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otherworld9) View Post
Donphan looks like one, yet I'm not sure it can attack like one....

He learns the same amount of Dark moves as he does Ground moves though. He has Assurance and Knock off in his move set along with Magnatude and Eathquake. Perfect ground/ Dark type.

Zeus
__________________
  #60    
Old December 16th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Otherworld9)'s Avatar
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: honk
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Otherworld9) Send a message via Skype™ to Otherworld9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndoomed View Post
He learns the same amount of Dark moves as he does Ground moves though. He has Assurance and Knock off in his move set along with Magnatude and Eathquake. Perfect ground/ Dark type.

Zeus
Oh, then in that case, it might be considered one. Was just lazy to check up on his moves. XD But if his movepool is mostly of ground and dark, half half basically, then it can be changed to Dark Type, no questions asked. I wonder why it wasn't, but they have their reasons...
__________________
  #61    
Old December 16th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Houndoomed's Avatar
Houndoomed
Battle Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Iron Island
Gender: Male
Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otherworld9) View Post
Oh, then in that case, it might be considered one. Was just lazy to check up on his moves. XD But if his movepool is mostly of ground and dark, half half basically, then it can be changed to Dark Type, no questions asked. I wonder why it wasn't, but they have their reasons...
If the members of this club had their way, all pokemon would be Dark, Im pretty sure they distribute the type evenly across the pokedex. But its nice to think what could have been.

Zeus
__________________
  #62    
Old December 17th, 2011, 03:06 AM
miltankRancher's Avatar
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndoomed View Post
There are many pokemon, two in particular, that I think should have been dark types. I love and use these two all the time. Both of them have dark moves in their sets and have that look of savageness and coolness that all Dark types should have.

Ursaring is a single Normal classification which sees like a waste to me, wouldn't it be cool to have had a Normal/Dark type?

Scizor would need to retain his Bug type status obviously but could have easily been Dark over steel for the second one, he learns pursuit too naturally.

Here is what I would have liked them to look like.


Other Pokemon that Zeus thinks should be Dark: Toxicroak, Donphan, Gliscor.

Just my thoughts

Zeus
true true. Up to Diamond, i thought Scizor was part Dark and not bug. My life is a lie.
__________________

I am a Roleplayer


...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
  #63    
Old December 17th, 2011, 04:10 AM
Otherworld9)'s Avatar
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: honk
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Otherworld9) Send a message via Skype™ to Otherworld9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by miltankRancher View Post
true true. Up to Diamond, i thought Scizor was part Dark and not bug. My life is a lie.
Don't worry, I thought it was a Dark/Steel too since winged pokemon already have the ability to fly without having the FLYING type on them. Would have made better sense to make it Steel/Dark, but eh....as for the cake is a lie, nah....my life was a lie too at some points. XD
__________________
  #64    
Old December 17th, 2011, 06:01 AM
miltankRancher's Avatar
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otherworld9) View Post
Don't worry, I thought it was a Dark/Steel too since winged pokemon already have the ability to fly without having the FLYING type on them. Would have made better sense to make it Steel/Dark, but eh....as for the cake is a lie, nah....my life was a lie too at some points. XD
GF keeps on trolling us with them types. I mean, look. Scizor is all darky and stuff. It learns a Technician-boosted Pursuit, for arceus' sake.
__________________

I am a Roleplayer


...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
  #65    
Old December 17th, 2011, 06:28 AM
Otherworld9)'s Avatar
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: honk
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Otherworld9) Send a message via Skype™ to Otherworld9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by miltankRancher View Post
GF keeps on trolling us with them types. I mean, look. Scizor is all darky and stuff. It learns a Technician-boosted Pursuit, for arceus' sake.
Yeah, he does. XD Like Zeus stated, I think most other pokemon should be dark too. Toxicroak is a good exception, having the color scheme and dark moves. Gliscor, being Nocturnal and having that beast look, and many others.
__________________
  #66    
Old December 17th, 2011, 07:38 AM
greg0915's Avatar
greg0915
Tomorrow is a new day
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: England
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndoomed View Post
There are many pokemon, two in particular, that I think should have been dark types. I love and use these two all the time. Both of them have dark moves in their sets and have that look of savageness and coolness that all Dark types should have.

Ursaring is a single Normal classification which sees like a waste to me, wouldn't it be cool to have had a Normal/Dark type?

Scizor would need to retain his Bug type status obviously but could have easily been Dark over steel for the second one, he learns pursuit too naturally.

Here is what I would have liked them to look like.


Other Pokemon that Zeus thinks should be Dark: Toxicroak, Donphan, Gliscor.

Just my thoughts

Zeus
In fact I have a Toxicroack NN'd NotDRKtyp that I received in a trade lol
__________________
  #67    
Old December 17th, 2011, 02:47 PM
miltankRancher's Avatar
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otherworld9) View Post
Yeah, he does. XD Like Zeus stated, I think most other pokemon should be dark too. Toxicroak is a good exception, having the color scheme and dark moves. Gliscor, being Nocturnal and having that beast look, and many others.
and Toxicroak looks all mafia and all! He's like the land based Honchcrow. Gliscor too, considering the fact that he evolves at night.
__________________

I am a Roleplayer


...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
  #68    
Old December 17th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Houndoomed's Avatar
Houndoomed
Battle Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Iron Island
Gender: Male
Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by miltankRancher View Post
and Toxicroak looks all mafia and all! He's like the land based Honchcrow. Gliscor too, considering the fact that he evolves at night.
Pokemon mafia, I like that.


Honchkrow would be the Don for sure.

Zeus
__________________
  #69    
Old December 17th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Otherworld9)'s Avatar
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: honk
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Otherworld9) Send a message via Skype™ to Otherworld9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndoomed View Post
Pokemon mafia, I like that.


Honchkrow would be the Don for sure.

Zeus
From what the pokedex entries and how it looks.....yeah, Honchkrow looks like a BOSS....then you add the henchmen and there you have it....a Pokemon Mafia. XD

Is there any pokemon you think shouldn't be Dark?
__________________
  #70    
Old December 17th, 2011, 08:42 PM
miltankRancher's Avatar
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otherworld9) View Post
From what the pokedex entries and how it looks.....yeah, Honchkrow looks like a BOSS....then you add the henchmen and there you have it....a Pokemon Mafia. XD

Is there any pokemon you think shouldn't be Dark?
Add in some Murkrow and henchmen, I can imagine an underground black market. Kill or be killed.

On topic, Cacturne comes to mind. He is a cactus, hence the Grass Type, but he lives in the freaking sandstorm. Why is he not immune to it? he should be ground type.
__________________

I am a Roleplayer


...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
  #71    
Old December 18th, 2011, 04:49 AM
Otherworld9)'s Avatar
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: honk
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Otherworld9) Send a message via Skype™ to Otherworld9)
Now, to answer my own topic, maybe Crawdaunt doesn't really fit the dark species. He's just...i can't tell if he has the looks of a dark type, more like a hero though, but I give it credit. Then comes Nuzleaf, but I thought it was grass/dark when I first saw it, so I got nothing against the creature.
__________________
  #72    
Old December 19th, 2011, 07:32 AM
PokemonLady's Avatar
PokemonLady
Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Florida
Age: 32
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Username: PokemonLady

What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Awesomeness

Your partners: Sharpedo & Houndoom

What Types rule: Dark
__________________
This signature has been disabled.
Images come to more than 600px in width.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
  #73    
Old December 19th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Otherworld9)'s Avatar
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: honk
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Otherworld9) Send a message via Skype™ to Otherworld9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonLady View Post
Username: PokemonLady

What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Awesomeness

Your partners: Sharpedo & Houndoom

What Types rule: Dark
Welcome to the club PokemonLady. :3 I see you read the rules and got two partners....say, Cacturne isn't that bad once you take a good look at him.
__________________
  #74    
Old December 20th, 2011, 03:47 PM
miltankRancher's Avatar
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otherworld9) View Post
Welcome to the club PokemonLady. :3 I see you read the rules and got two partners....say, Cacturne isn't that bad once you take a good look at him.
He looks too comical here to be a dark-type.
__________________

I am a Roleplayer


...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
  #75    
Old December 20th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Houndoomed's Avatar
Houndoomed
Battle Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Iron Island
Gender: Male
Nature: Hardy
That picture above is some artists rendition I think, the true cacturne Im used to looks alot darker in nature.



Zeus
__________________
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 04:58 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.