Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > Competitive Team Help
Reload this Page [Gen V] My New Team

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Competitive Team Help Having trouble with your competitive Pokémon team? Be sure to check here if you need any help on it. Any teams intended for in-game and casual play should be posted in the In-Game Team Help sub-forum.

Old December 19th, 2011 (08:08 PM). Edited December 19th, 2011 by Sector.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Naughty
So I have gotten rid of my old party, prior to playing SoulSilver for 5-6 Months straight before coming back to 5th Geneation. I am currently and still EV training my party. As most people will know, the weather change can happen. That's why you have to have somewhat of a back-up plan. Also, I've been curious on if I should edit my team a bit. My current team is as followed: (depending on first Pokemon, Ninetales will be switched out immediately for future use in battle in case for weather change condition)

Leader, Timid Nature, Drought Ninetales- Heat Wave, Solarbeam, Confuse Ray & Nasty Plot
Careful Nature, Synchronize Umbreon- Moonlight, Yawn, Dream Eater & Payback
Timid Nature, Magic Bounce Espeon- Morning Sun, Psychic, Shadow Ball & Quick Attack
Adamant Nature, Mold Breaker Haxorus- Earthquake, X-Scissor, Dragon Dance & Outrage
Calm Nature, Marvel Scale Milotic- Ice Beam, Surf, Recover & Aqua Ring
Jolly Nature, Chlorophyll Leafeon- Swords Dance, Baton Pass, Synthesis & Leaf Blade (Just bred him)

I like the idea of adding Lucario to the team. That only leaves the question of taking Milotic or Haxorus out as they are the lone wolves to the team and can hold their own. I just want to see if I'm heading in the right direction of sticking to this team or do I really need to add new ones, such as Lucario or perhaps Yanmega?
Old December 22nd, 2011 (01:04 PM).

-Ninetales: I would put flametrhower instead of heat wave

-Umbreon: I don't like Umbreon too much, I'll go with a different moveset: toxic, wish, payback and protect

-Espeon: Remove quick attack and put Calm Mind instead of it or hidden power fight

i think you should change Milotic because of Ninetale's Drought, in my opinion a good moveset for lucario is: shadow ball, ice punch, nasty plot and aura sphere.
Old December 22nd, 2011 (07:02 PM).
Crystal Tier

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by andres230195:
-Ninetales: I would put flametrhower instead of heat wave

-Umbreon: I don't like Umbreon too much, I'll go with a different moveset: toxic, wish, payback and protect

-Espeon: Remove quick attack and put Calm Mind instead of it or hidden power fight

i think you should change Milotic because of Ninetale's Drought, in my opinion a good moveset for lucario is: shadow ball, ice punch, nasty plot and aura sphere.
I didn't think anyone would reply to this lol

but thanks, I have done work on my own since and here's what I have now.

Timid, Drought Ninetales- Heat Wave(I never have problems with the accuracy), Solarbeam, Energy Ball & Confuse Ray

Timid, Magic Bounce Espeon- Psychic, Morning Sun, Shadow Ball, Toxic (Calm Mind may replace it)

Careful, Synchronize Umbreon- Yawn, Toxic, Moonlight & Protect (Much better than the moveset you provided, Wish will hurt it more if I remove Moonlight)

Jolly, Chlorophyll Leafeon- Leaf Blade, X-Scissor, Synthesis, Swords Dance

Adamant, Mold Breaker Haxorus- Dragon Dance, Outrage, Earthquake & Brick Break

Timid, Inner Focus Lucario- Psychic, AuraSphere, ExtremeSpeed & Dragon Pulse

Hidden Power for each of my Pokemon:

Ninetales-Ground
Espeon-Dark
Umbreon-Electric
Leafeon-Water
Haxorus-Grass
Lucario-Ghost
Old December 22nd, 2011 (11:03 PM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Can you provide EVs for your Pokemon too?

Anyway:
Ninetales could use Fire Blast over Heat Wave because of more power. Also, use Hidden Power (Ground) so it can deal with Heatran.

Since you're using Ninetales, put in something that can benefit from the eternal sunlight, like Darmanitan or Volcarona (one of them can go over Umbreon):

Darmanitan:
-Flare Blitz
-U-turn
-Earthquake/Superpower
-Rock Side
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Choice Band/Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force

Volcarona:
-Quiver Dance
-Fire Blast
-Bug Buzz
-Hidden Power (Rock)
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb

I'd use Taunt, Brick Break, Dragon Claw or Dual Chop over X-Scissor on Haxorus. Taunt prevents opponents from statusing Haxorus, Brick Break helps against Ferrothorn and the latter 2 moves are more reliable STABs.

Use Nasty Plot over ExtremeSpeed on Lucario. It only learns it as Riolu, so you'll have to get another Riolu for that, sadly.

Might I suggest a Dual screen set for Espeon?
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Psychic/Psyshock
-Hidden Power (Fighting/Ground/Fire)
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spe
Item: Light Clay
Ability: Magic Bounce

Leafeon is seriously outclasses as a Chlorophyll user. I'd suggest Venusaur, but it's rather hard to get. I'll let someone else suggest something.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)