Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center
Notices

ARCHIVED: Battle Center This forum is designed for all of your Pokémon battling needs! The main forum is meant for discussions, battle requests, battle logs, and other threads related to battling. Look to the sub-forums for events and team help.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 23rd, 2011, 05:59 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post

;o; I put an SD Virizion into it. It works a bit better, however I haven't seen one Gastrodon... >: Quagsire and Swampert are a bit low as well. All I see are Lati@s, Tyranitar etc

I agree with the 'Hail won't be used' because it probably won't. Abomasnow is pretty much owned by all Weather starters, (Barr Politoed) and Hail doesn't have the best abusers. I really do think that Hail needs a new secondary effect than just minor damage every turn.
A possible secondary effect of Hail that I've had in mind for some time could be that Ice Pokemon will receive a 1.5x boost to their Defense in Hail. What does anyone think?

Old December 23rd, 2011, 06:01 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
A possible secondary effect of Hail that I've had in mind for some time could be that Ice Pokemon will receive a 1.5x boost to their Defense in Hail. What does anyone think?
I think that would be pretty nifty but Ice types aren't the best, defensive-wise. D: I guess a raise in speed, or offensive stats would be the best option?
✿ trade thread✿
1349 6159 4149
Old December 23rd, 2011, 06:06 AM
Forever
let it go

Oh wow, just imagine Froslass w/ Snow Cloak in Hail, raising its evasion and its speed, perfect for a revenge killer!

...despite it being used mainly for spikes and stuff. :x
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Old December 23rd, 2011, 08:09 AM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
Speaking of hail, Snow Warning was just banned in UU and below. :)
aka Zebraiken | pairs; Ω & ζ | bffl; λ | now; Ϟ | twin; ξ | brother; φ | sister; Ψ | neeks; Ϫ
Old December 23rd, 2011, 08:22 AM
Forever
let it go

Yes Vrai that is why we were discussing it!

Why else would we randomly discuss the worst weather of all? :3
Old December 23rd, 2011, 08:22 AM
Crimson5M
what
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrai View Post
Speaking of hail, Snow Warning was just banned in UU and below. :)
Yup. I already said that :)

Sucks they had to ban the most christmasy weather so near to christmas though.

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC
Old December 23rd, 2011, 10:15 AM
.Gamer
»»───knee─►
Community Supporter Tier 2

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireworks View Post
Deoxys-S is banned.

Anyway, speaking of bans, Snover and Abomasnow are now BL. In other words, Snow Warning is now gone in every tier but OU and Ubers.
There is a God, and he is good.
pair Smogon profile youtube
Old December 23rd, 2011, 10:31 AM
Skip Shot
I'm back. I think.

Nature: Calm
Well nice to see server is active as usual lolz

Anyways what have I missed over the past few months? I'm around for the holidays =)
I'm back. But not as active as before. 2 years has been too long.

Check out my food blog if you're not busy.

Old December 23rd, 2011, 10:49 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Shot View Post
Well nice to see server is active as usual lolz

Anyways what have I missed over the past few months? I'm around for the holidays =)
Quite a bit, I'd imagine, but I kinda wandered off from competitive battling so I missed a bit too. :x From what I gather, Excadrill, Thundurus & Deoxys-S are banned, along with Hail.

in other news i was asked for sexual favors on our PO server. :xx
✿ trade thread✿
1349 6159 4149
Old December 23rd, 2011, 11:26 AM
Webdemon
Meh! Seems legit

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Webdemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireworks View Post
Deoxys-S is banned.

Anyway, speaking of bans, Snover and Abomasnow are now BL. In other words, Snow Warning is now gone in every tier but OU and Ubers.

I have nothing to say to this. tourneyphaggotry strikes again

Other than I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Aliens? Us? Is this one of those Earth Jokes?

Black FC:1291 9663 9203
Don't ask me to battle if it involves Tiers/clauses. I respect Game developers too much for that. If you wish to battle me, I fully intend to destroy you with everything I have. I would expect the same from you.

Old December 23rd, 2011, 06:55 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Quite a bit, I'd imagine, but I kinda wandered off from competitive battling so I missed a bit too. :x From what I gather, Excadrill, Thundurus & Deoxys-S are banned, along with Hail.

in other news i was asked for sexual favors on our PO server. :xx
And Scizor is #1 in usage. AND RAIN WON'T GTFO. /all the necessary facts
(also you should specify, 'cause 3 are banned from OU and the other isn't :x)

Oh... and that "person" "regularly" does that... or at least every month. It's creepy.
Old December 23rd, 2011, 07:07 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I can't see hail being used much anymore either. Abomasnow has too many counters and the fact that almost only ice types get a benefit from it, and ice is a horrible defensive typing. It's like why use hail when you can use sandstorm.

Quote:
I really do think that Hail needs a new secondary effect than just minor damage every turn.
Hail needs to boost Ice's defence or special defence by 50% to compete with sandstorm imo.
Old December 23rd, 2011, 07:34 PM
PokeRaidenFighter350Z
Battle Subway Editor

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
Hail needs to boost Ice's defence or special defence by 50% to compete with sandstorm imo.
hail does activate a few abilities such as Snow Cloak(Raises evasion) and Ice Body (Restores little HP every turn). idk if i'm correct but doesn't hail guarantees Blizzard a strike on every turn?

All forum members BEWARE..!
Credits to Xulek
Old December 23rd, 2011, 07:38 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeRaidenFighter350Z View Post
hail does activate a few abilities such as Snow Cloak(Raises evasion) and Ice Body (Restores little HP every turn). idk if i'm correct but doesn't hail guarantees Blizzard a strike on every turn?
Yeah it does. But other weather abilities work without abilities. Like Sun powers up Fire moves, lowers Water damage and lets you instantly fire off Solarbeam. Rain lets Thunder and Hurricane have 100% accuracy and gives Water moves a rise in power and Fire moves a reduction and then Sand gives Rock-types 50% boosts to their special defense, Rock, Steel & Ground types take nil from the Sandstorm damage and there's the Solarbeam, Thunder & Hurricane accuracy cut that it brings.
✿ trade thread✿
1349 6159 4149
Old December 23rd, 2011, 07:47 PM
PokeRaidenFighter350Z
Battle Subway Editor

Nature: Careful
well I have a Vileplume with Chlorophyll that has Sunny Day and Solarbeam... he's Timid natured and when he uses Sunny Day, his ability makes him faster than an Aerodactyl or Accelgor. i'm not a competitive player but doesn't this Vileplume make it seem something a competitive player wants?

All forum members BEWARE..!
Credits to Xulek
Old December 23rd, 2011, 07:52 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
well I have a Vileplume with Chlorophyll that has Sunny Day and Solarbeam... he's Timid natured and when he uses Sunny Day, his ability makes him faster than an Aerodactyl or Accelgor. i'm not a competitive player but doesn't this Vileplume make it seem something a competitive player wants?
Players don't really bother with Vileplume because it's seriously outclassed by Venusaur, who has higher Attack, Speed and bulk as well as a bit more of a move pool, allowing it to go mixed with Earthquake and/or Seed Bomb. Even Victreebel outclasses Vileplume due to it having Weather Ball and higher offensive stats (even with equal Special Attack to Vileplume)

Old December 25th, 2011, 04:56 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
But all (not Shadow Sky or Fog, but meh to the) activate abilities like sun activating Solar Power, rain activating Rain Dish or sandstorm activating Sand Sand Veil. Hail just lacks anything to really make it stand out imo.

Also Nica and I had a hail team battle today for Christmas, it was obvious that our teams had more Pokemon to counter hail Pokemon then abusers themselves. The whole battle was pretty fail in all.
Old December 25th, 2011, 05:02 AM
Forever
let it go

Well actually, I just battled AlexOzzyCake with the same hail team and it actually did pretty well, lol. I dunno, I guess hail would suck against other weathers but in general I think it's "okay", except Abomasnow sucks. :)

Jirachi works great in hail tbh, because HAX IS USEFUL IN ALL WEATHERS /redeeming point
Old December 25th, 2011, 06:53 AM
Overlord Drakow
-CONQUERER

Nature: Serious
Obligatory post in CBC.

Jirachi works well pretty much anywhere in fairness Forever. Except maybe Sun lol.
"Power through ambition." - Overlord Drakow
Forum Set // Pair
Old December 25th, 2011, 07:05 AM
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
WOW I'M IN CBC.

Jirachi is currently in my OU team, and I've used it before I decided to stop battling actively and it's always been an asset to my team pretty much. Jirachi ftw.

Hax is sooo annoying though. smh rn

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old December 25th, 2011, 08:23 AM
A Little Too Not Over You

I love Jirachi but never use one so I have no idea if it is good or not but based on what I see so far, it seems to be a good candidate for my future team
Old December 25th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Maple Leaf
this is not a user title
Community Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Maple Leaf Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Maple Leaf Send a message via Skype™ to Maple Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaori View Post
WOW I'M IN CBC.
No way, me too! ;D

Back in my competitive battling days (they were lame), I liked using Jirachi. So, 90210, I would recommend it.

Last edited by Maple Leaf; December 25th, 2011 at 03:45 PM.
Old December 25th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
I use Jirachi for Screening. xD

It's Really good against Scizor and Tyranitar, the two pokemon which my old Deoxys kept getting killed by while screening.

I'm also trying out Uxie...it has really good defense!

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old December 25th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

I hate using Jirachi and I hate facing them. :< I mean, I used to always use a Jirachi but now it seems every team carries a counter for one. If I do run one I use the Scarf set because the Hax set is too common. I like using Claydol as my screener/spinner. He's pretty bulky and has an interesting typing.
✿ trade thread✿
1349 6159 4149
Old December 25th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
I can't see hail being used much anymore either. Abomasnow has too many counters and the fact that almost only ice types get a benefit from it, and ice is a horrible defensive typing. It's like why use hail when you can use sandstorm.

hi, i know i'm kind of late but if you're playing hail defensively you're doing it wrong. hail should really just be purely offensive teams - and no, it's not that ice-types are the only beneficiaries. everything on an offensive team appreciates leftovers being negated, because as you said (or what i paraphrased from what you said), only ice-types ignore hail damage. hail's also really only good for making blizzard 100% accurate, plus it trolls with all of the other stupid weather teams going around lately (and abomasnow manhandles politoed). yes, it does have the least amount going for it compared to drizzle, drought, and sand stream, but hail definitely is the "dark horse" of weather.
aka Zebraiken | pairs; Ω & ζ | bffl; λ | now; Ϟ | twin; ξ | brother; φ | sister; Ψ | neeks; Ϫ

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here