• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I'm sorry! It's just the way I feel! I mean, he's not unattractive, but he's not really special enough to warrant the fangasming lol

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I kinda hate The Untouchables and Sean Connery's character and acting in particular. Sorry. And Ryan Gosling is a very attractive man, Andrew. You call yourself a homo-sexual? I'm not sure about that, to be honest! ;D

Shining Raichu

Years
Bahaha XD - well his body is great but facially there is way better in Hollywood. Also all this talk of The Untouchables makes me think of The Expendables which I made a point of not seeing but can imagine was not a good movie whatsoever.

Saitou

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2014
The Untouchables might have a somehow, albeit slight, resemblance to The Expendables' theme, but it's in noway as bad as it. The latter tried way too hard to assemble popular figures and pull out a 'bad-ass' movie, but failed miserably, at least that's how I see it.

Al Pacino is just incredible. I watched The Godfather trilogy a few years back, and I was amazed, especially by the first and second part; the third series was okay, but not as good as the first two. Today, I watched his movie Surface and I also want to watch Heat, which I have been getting mixed, convoluted opinions on it. But I'm guessing a combination of Al Pacino and Robert De Niro cannot go wrong!

Also, a tidbit:

Not much of a fan but this looks cool. I watched the previous movies.

Last edited:
Years
So... The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. Just saw the remake of it. I was with people who'd seen the original film and people who hadn't (and no one who'd read the book). The consensus among those of us familiar with the Swedish version was that the remake made a couple of unnecessary changes and the overall feel of it was a bit off, especially with elements of Lisbeth's character. The other people liked it quite a bit though.

In fact, I've just stumbled upon a movie I bought with Connery starring in it, which is titled The Name of the Rose. Anyone watched it?
Oh, I've seen that. It's a bit of a strange movie. A medieval monastical murder mystery. Lots of people hate it, but I kinda liked it, even if it's a little slow.

Ayutac

Developer who wants your help
Years
The rules brought me here.

Good day, everyone!

It's almost a year since I started looking for a similiar song to this one:

So I thought I may ask here as well. So, this is the second OST from the Devil May Cry Anime, called Lynch's mood, and my favourite after the intro with its variations. Blue Rose is nice too, but it's not the kind of song I'm looking for, it's a little bit to soft and slow. I want it fast and hard, you could say. And I would like not to hear any voices or mere roars. I'm looking for songs fitting high-end action scenes, like as someone tried with Lynch's mood here

Saitou

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2014
Oh, I've seen that. It's a bit of a strange movie. A medieval monastical murder mystery. Lots of people hate it, but I kinda liked it, even if it's a little slow.

Oh, thanks. I'll probably give it go soon, as I have nothing else better to do but watch movies and TV series.

Speaking of TV series, I started watching The Mentalist and almost the first season The Big Bang Theory. The latter tends to make me pause and rewind countless time just to understand a joke or even a simple statement. But, I'm slowly catching up, lol.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
I finally got around to listening to Ceremonials and I am blown away by how amazing the album is. Florence Welch is simply beautiful.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Everyone needs to go see Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (and to forgive the crappy punctuation in the title) like, nownownow. If you can see it in IMAX, it's even better. Just go see it. The Dubai stuff alone would make one hell of a film, but it's bookended by some amazing schizz in Moscow and Mumbai, and features a lot of Tom Cruise running, which is always good.
Some of those Dubai shots in IMAX gave me vertigo! o.o

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
That first one where they've just pulled the window off and Ethan stares down at the ground... yikes! 'Cause I believe it's then that the screen starts expanding to IMAX size as well.

And I'm seeing Girl With The Dragon Tattoo tonight, Scarfy. Never seen the original nor read the books (although I know the basic premise of what happens). Will let you know my feelings when I return.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Dragon Tats was better than I was expecting it to be... but is really nothing more than a 2-and-a-half-hour Poirot-esque mystery, with a bit of added proto-feminist-rape to give it a hook for the marketing people. The story is muddled (especially towards the end), but it's ridiculously well made, with the cinematography, editing and score all contributing to the general mood of the piece. There are also some great set-pieces, but I found it very hollow and disagreed with its "message" wholeheartedly. That being said, I would recommend that people see it, just so they can have their own opinion on it.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
...I didn't like The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, to be honest. I didn't like the books or the movies. Maybe it's simply because I'm not really into crime-based movies/books, maybe it's that I didn't like Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara's acting. I don't know, I don't have a very strong opinion about the series as a whole.

One movie that I have enjoyed recently is The Barefoot Contessa (1954). Granted, it's an oldie, but after having it sit on my shelf for the last couple of years, I finally decided to give it a go.
Spoiler:

Jesus, that was a good movie. Ava Gardner utterly owns the role as Maria D'Amata meanile doing something which should be taken very seriously, outshining Humphrey Bogart. I don't imagine many of you having seen The Barefoot Countessa, but I really recommend it.

Shining Raichu

Years
I'm unsure if I'm going to see The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo because I really can't stand Daniel Craig. Having one actor that I don't like in a movie is enough to put me off the whole thing. That's why I don't watch any Will Ferrell movies.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
That's why I don't watch any Will Ferrell movies.

GOD BLESS YOU ANDY SHINING RAICHU GOD BLESS YOU FOR HAVING MOVIE TASTE
JESUS CHRIST I CANNOT STAND WILL FERRELL

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
I really don't care about the actors when I'm watching a movie, as long as I love the plot and everything else, it's absolutely alright with me. :3

Anyway, sorry to break the discussion, but I just wanted to share that Adele finally broke the 15M mark! OMG, and she have sold 20M albums this year, with the combined sales of 19! The last time an artist sold 15M-20M album was Confessions back 2004. :O

Years
GOD BLESS YOU ANDY SHINING RAICHU GOD BLESS YOU FOR HAVING MOVIE TASTE
JESUS CHRIST I CANNOT STAND WILL FERRELL

WHO DOES?! Lets put aside his grotesque appearance and his annoying voice, I never came across a movie where he mainly starred where a simple smile escaped, no matter what he did or said. I loathe his presence in any movie. Step Brothers was the closet thing I could call a decent movie for him really.

And Snivy, that's pretty huge. I actually like Adele, a lot.

Knight of Time

I like Homestuck
Years
To be honest, if when I'm watching a movie I can name 3 actors then it's too much
I don't really care for actors, although I do like a few ...
And, I just remembered but will C&M do something for People's Choice Awards?
Like a guessing game of sorts?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
There'll probably be something on the Golden Globes (and, eventually, the Oscars), but I don't think so re: the People's Choice Awards. We had a Guessing Game for the Emmys, and I imagine the Globe/Oscar one will happen in a similar vein.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back