The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > Competitive Team Help

Notices

Competitive Team Help Having trouble with your competitive Pokémon team? Be sure to check here if you need any help on it. Any teams intended for in-game and casual play should be posted in the In-Game Team Help sub-forum.

Old December 30th, 2011, 06:33 AM
hchaos2

I've been trying to work on a team for a while and the two things that are preventing me from finishing is finding a good Baton Passer and Fake Out user. I'm looking for a good lead to help set up my Baton Passer.

At the moment, this is my team:

Blaziken

Jolly, Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Flare Blitz
Hi Jump Kick
Night Slash
Agility

Krookodile

Jolly, Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Crunch
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Dragon Claw

Sigilyph

Timid, Flame Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Stored Power
Calm Mind
Roost
Psycho Shift

Togekiss ( female)

Modest, Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Air Slash
Thunder Wave
Attract
Protect

Ninjask

Jolly, Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
Swords Dance
Protect
Baton Pass
X-Scissor

Weavile

Adamant, Expert Belt
Ability: Pressure
Fake Out
Ice Shard
Night Slash
Brick Break

Weavile is a great lead, with access to Fake Out to break any Focus Sash and Priority. Ice Shard is great for anything like Landorus, Garchomp, etc. The idea is basically to help set up Ninjask by mainly using Fake Out on the biggest threat. Obviously, Ninjask's set is very common, so everyone knows the idea is to baton pass to someone who can sweep. Krookodile and Blaziken will be one of those sweepers depending on the situation.

Now here's my issue. Ninjask's set is way too easy to get around, at least I think. Anything like Sandstorm will hurt Ninjask and possibly KO it if I screw up. I was thinking about using Umbreon to Baton Pass Wish and Curse, but then I'll be missing the speed boost that I need and that's kind of the point. Then that would also defeat the purpose of Krookodile and Choice Scarf. I was thinking Smeargle since it has access to Quiver Dance and such, but I'm still not sure. And then with a Fake Out user, I was thinking about using:

Kangaskhan
Either Jolly or Adamant, max HP and Speed
Ability: Scrappy

Fake Out
Sucker Punch
Return
Earthquake

Really not sure what to do. Some help would be appreciated.
Old December 30th, 2011, 07:00 AM
Forever
let it go

I'm guessing you're using wifi? Either way, if you plan to switch to Pokemon Online's OU sometime in the future, you should note that Blaziken is uber so you can't use it (though Infernape could also fit that role due to being physical (or mixed) and the fact that it has access to Close Combat and is fast.

Either waaay, Espeon and Gorebyess are generally the main Pokemon commonly found on baton pass teams, the former because of its speed + the fact it can set up Calm Mind, while reflecting status and such, but since you mostly have physical attackers the latter would probably be more useful:

Gorebyss@White Herb
Calm
252 HP / 24 SpD / 232 Spe
Swift Swim
- Shell Smash
- Baton Pass
- Surf
- Substitute / Hidden Power Electric

It could provide you with the extra boosts needed for your physical attackers and give you extra speed, and with the white herb it doesn't take any defense drops.

As for fake out, probably the best abuser of it is Mienshao, although its set is pretty predictable and when you see Mienshao you'll know that it's almost 99% of the time going to use Fake Out on you. As a result, ghost types could become an issue, but otherwise it can work on your team:

Mienshao@Life Orb
Naive
252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Regenerator
- Hi Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Hidden Power Ice
- Fake Out

Also, something to watch for is the fact that Weavile isn't necessarily going to be doing much to common leads (not sure about wifi's usage, but I'm going to assume that for those who do play competitively on wifi, that Ferro & Toed are up there), so you probably -would- be better off with Mienshao, despite it being predictable. Oh yeah, and also the fact that it has Regenerator, which makes it more useful due to not taking the recoil of LO when switching out.

For Ninjask, there's not much you can really do, it's annoying, it's predictable, but hey after a few boosts you'd be going pretty good.
Old December 30th, 2011, 07:10 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
To be honest, I don't see Weavile working well as a good Fake Out user because of its common weaknesses. I'll just assume this is a UU/RU team, since I feel that none of them work too well in OU, save Blaziken, which will be explained later.

As for your Fake Out user, I'd say Ambipom is a rather good user of it, due to Technician:
-Fake Out
-Return/Double Hit
-Low Sweep/Low Kick
-U-turn/Pursuit
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Silk Scarf
Ability: Technician

For your Baton Pass user, I don't see anything wrong with using Ninjask because of its insane Speed in conjunction with Speed Boost. I could be wrong, though; I'll let someone else suggest if that's the case.

Also, Blaziken is Uber now because of its Speed Boost ability (which can't be obtained normally).

For misc. suggestions:

Attract isn't seen often in competitive play, since the opponent can just switch to get rid of the status.

Since you may be intending to use Ninjask as a Baton Passer, use a Rapid Spinner because Ninjask is weak to Stealth Rock. I suggest Donphan or Hitmontop because they resist Rock:

Donphan:
-Earthquake
-Rapid Spin
-Stone Edge/Head Smash/Ice Shard
-Stealth Rock/Ice Shard
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy

or
-Rapid Spin
-Earthquake
-Roar/Odor Sleuth
-Stealth Rock
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
Ability: Sturdy

Hitmontop
-Rapid Spin
-Foresight/Toxic
-Close Combat/Hi Jump Kick
-Stone Edge/Sucker Punch
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Ability: Intimidate

Since Blaziken is an Uber, how about Darmanitan?:
-Flare Blitz
-U-turn
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake/Superpower
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Choice Band/Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force

Also, it might be a better idea to put in EVs for your Pokemon.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links