The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 31st, 2011, 11:07 AM
The Dewitty
Developing an awesome game.

Nature: Sassy

Advertise here

In legends, there has been spoken about various kinds of objects. Ancient relics, to be more specific. They were used for the purpose of summoning deities, battling and much, much more. This game is about one specific relic called the Spear of Victory.

The Spear of Victory is a legendary item, whose existance is not even certain. The Spear is said to bring eternal victory to anyone who owns it, and it was created by the mighty Alpha Pokémon, using a small part of all its legendary orbs. The Spear was given to an ancient king, for the sole purpose of protecting his land.

Then one day, the power the king had drove him crazy, and he started using the weapon for conquering even more land, however, this was not the Alpha Pokémon's intention. When the king was about to attack, a lion-like creature appeared to him and roared. The spear shattered in thirteen pieces, which all bursted into flames. The spear was never seen again, and the kingdom of the mighty king fell.

And now, a bunch of mysterious people is trying to find the spear for their own good! It is your duty to stop them in Pokémon: Prestine Version, featuring a brand new region in the style of the fourth generation games, setting you back to the first time you played Pokémon Diamond and Pearl. Meet old friends, new friends, and stop these mysterious people from doing things that could have terrible consequences!

Features
- A brand new region
- Custom graphics
- Animated Pokémon sprites

More to come soon!

Screenshots

Team
Dewitty
Abnegation

Credits
Enterbrain for RPG Maker XP
Poccil for his Starter Kit

~Ledyba~

Last edited by The Dewitty; January 2nd, 2012 at 07:09 AM.
Old January 1st, 2012, 06:22 PM
aquakip
You jealous, betch

Nature: Naive
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH <3

I love it! I'm not sure why I'm posting, when I can just tell you on MSN...but...I love it! :>

Just one thing. The player's overworld side-view (boy) shouldn't show the hat brim, seeing as it's in the front. :3

Co-Founder & Artist of

Old January 1st, 2012, 06:33 PM
Neo-Dragon
Game Developer

Nature: Relaxed
Yeah (speaking of the hero overworld) I'm guessing the side sprites are wrong since back sprites don't have the brim. Bare in mind when remaking them that the cap is tilted to the player's right hand side, so the left facing sprite won't have that brim (or a skewed angle of it). Since you do the overworlds in mine game, I know from experience you just flip the side sprite so keep that advice in mind.

Comments on the general thread/game now.
The first thing that struck me was your game world map. Are you going to keep that style? I think you should
Your map work is as strong as ever (speaking about your skills I remember from the past lol). There are a lot of 90 degree right angles, but I don't see that as an issue - it's just something I posted (wouldn't call it a "problem").

Overall, seems like a cool project. I wish you luck.

ZENFORMS: Protectors: A 2D RPG for iPhone
Click the banner to view site about ZENFORMS!

http://www.calisprojects.com/
Like our facebook page and show your support!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calis-...s/326374858787
Old January 1st, 2012, 06:38 PM
abnegation
proudly paired with adventure
Community Supporter

Currently the protagonists are going under a bit of a redesign. So the overworlds are not final really. But nice spotting Aqua!

I believe we'll be keeping the map style as it currently is, but it may become a little more detailed if we find ways to improve it. Thanks for the comments guys.

the internet is full of people who refuse to be nice to others
because they feel that this makes them superior
that's lame
Old January 1st, 2012, 07:31 PM
Cypher DS

The premise certainly has my attention. Will the game feature official pokemon or original creations?

Old January 1st, 2012, 09:23 PM
Meez

Nature: Bold
loooks awesome i wonder when the download comes out
Old January 1st, 2012, 09:59 PM
JalordaSerpent
Run, you clever boy...
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Wowww, you are rocking those tiles! The overworlds look clean and greatly put together, the designs for the PokeCenter and PokeMart are quite beautiful, mainly everything that has to do with pixel art looks like it took real effort. The logo is quite nice, and the legend is very imaginative. It looks like everything in this game is in 1st place, just like Forever Lost! I'm looking forward to more things for this game! Good luck, Dewitty and Abnegation!
Old January 2nd, 2012, 07:09 AM
The Dewitty

Update!

Tell us what you think!

~Ledyba~
Old January 2nd, 2012, 08:16 AM
Neo-Dragon
Game Developer

The white glow for the logo is low quality - is that because of the gif file? I'm guessing so right?

The animation is so slick. Looks like it will be very smooth. How come you picked that pokemon? Is he connected to the story somehow?

Old January 2nd, 2012, 09:08 AM
Pink Typholsion
When I step outside... ♥

Right when I saw the creator of this game, I knew that this game will be worth to play. You held up to the deal .

Just one question with Entei, will the other 2/3s of the trio be involved, or no?

Meloetta
Master the Arts

OfficiallyClaimed:

Old January 2nd, 2012, 09:43 AM
The Dewitty

Quote:
The premise certainly has my attention. Will the game feature official pokemon or original creations?
For now, there will be no original Pokémon in the games. However, we do aspire to implement alternate forms and maybe alternatively colored Pokémon.

Quote:
Wowww, you are rocking those tiles! The overworlds look clean and greatly put together, the designs for the PokeCenter and PokeMart are quite beautiful, mainly everything that has to do with pixel art looks like it took real effort. The logo is quite nice, and the legend is very imaginative. It looks like everything in this game is in 1st place, just like Forever Lost! I'm looking forward to more things for this game! Good luck, Dewitty and Abnegation!
Thank you!

Quote:
The white glow for the logo is low quality - is that because of the gif file? I'm guessing so right?

The animation is so slick. Looks like it will be very smooth. How come you picked that pokemon? Is he connected to the story somehow?
Yes, it looks better in-game. The Pokémon is indeed related to the story. The prologue speaks about a "lion-like creature". This refers to Entei.

Quote:
Right when I saw the creator of this game, I knew that this game will be worth to play. You held up to the deal .

Just one question with Entei, will the other 2/3s of the trio be involved, or no?
Haha, I feel flattered. Yes, the other two will be involved aswell.

~Ledyba~
Old January 2nd, 2012, 09:47 AM
Cilerba
the hearts of lonely people
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Pretty great stuff here, Dew. Especially that region map. Oh man, I love it. Keep it up, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing another update.
Old January 2nd, 2012, 10:55 AM
Rayziken 2
Beginning ROM Hacker

I absolutely adore the graphics and how they're based on the late Gen IV style. The Gen V style is too flashy and hurts my eyes, but these graphics are exquisite!

Changing the subject into a rather random one, will Treecko and Torchic be catchable? After all, they're my favourite basic Pokemon.

Spoiler:
Old January 2nd, 2012, 11:09 AM
Riansky
Purr

I really didn't expect this to happen. Dewitty and Abnegation.
We can expect an awesome game here.

I love the graphics, tiles, pallets, everything. The only thing that bothers me are the trees. I know you said you're going for Gen V style. But I really think you could make some better trees, but oh well, that's only me. Keep it up!
Old January 2nd, 2012, 11:28 AM
Worldslayer608
ಥдಥ
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Very Nice Dew, the region Map is probably one of the most impressive innovations to a Pokémon related game, that I have ever seen.

The story is a nice read and I am already getting the vibe of where it is going to lead game play into a new form of game play, and I dig that a lot.

As Neo stated, your mapping skills are at a prime. Mapping with 90 degree angles and having it look natural is probably one of the hardest things to actually pull off with mapping.

As always your buildings are my favorite as far as your skills are concerned. I am quite pleased to see you working on a new project!

Pokemon Pillars of Destiny - Starters
To vanquish without peril is to triumph without glory...

Voted Best Game Designer 2011 on PC
Old January 2nd, 2012, 02:00 PM
Beegu
Is Waldo

Nature: Adamant
Wow, this looks incredible. All the maps look really great. However, the door on the fourth screenshot looks really weird. Other than that, I really like it all! Will there be animations like entei for the other two legendary dogs? I really love that.
Old January 2nd, 2012, 02:33 PM
abnegation
Community Supporter

Given that Entei is our Mascot, I assume not, seeing as in he should be the only one on the title screen! Unless Dew has any further ideas. Much like Crystal & Suicune, Entei will be playing a lead role in this game.

that's lame
Old January 2nd, 2012, 02:42 PM
Pia Carrot
Gen II Hacker | PHO Enthusiast

Nature: Adamant
Wow, looks fantastic! I love the how all the palettes mix together well. I also figured by the creator this would be worthwhile to check. Adding to my faves, I'm watching this!

I would love to know how that title animation was done xD

And by alternate-colored Pokémon, I'm expecting something crazy good (Like Orange Archipalego Butterfrees).

So what are your plans for music in this game if I may ask?

Old January 2nd, 2012, 02:44 PM
Hoenn
» Mind games
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I saw comments saying the graphics looks beautiful... and it's true I really look forward to this!

Old January 2nd, 2012, 03:04 PM
abnegation
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Arms View Post
So what are your plans for music in this game if I may ask?
We have a composer who made some fantastic music from Dew's previous project Ametrine. They're working on some tracks now!

that's lame
Old January 2nd, 2012, 03:26 PM
Rossay
Quack quack

Nature: Careful
It looks awesome Yoel :3. Not sure I'm fond of the tree tile you've picked but that's maybe just me.

Old January 2nd, 2012, 08:44 PM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
As far as graphics go, it's nothing we've never seen before,a large majority of the tiles look like the same tiles all the other games use :/.You mapped with them well though. Like everyone else has said, the world map is pretty cool. Hope to see some nice updates in the future!

Oh, and the entei animation looks cool!
Old January 2nd, 2012, 09:14 PM
abnegation
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Reactor View Post
As far as graphics go, it's nothing we've never seen before,a large majority of the tiles look like the same tiles all the other games use :/.You mapped with them well though. Like everyone else has said, the world map is pretty cool. Hope to see some nice updates in the future!

Oh, and the entei animation looks cool!
It's not so much about the style, it's how well it's done, and the architectural differences are pretty high. Dew works pretty hard on making them stand out. Find me a place where you've seen buildings like these, otherwise, I can only understand your criticism, but not agree to it.

Other than that, thanks for the comments!

that's lame
Old January 2nd, 2012, 09:17 PM
Cabe

Nature: Jolly
this looks really nice! i wish you can get it to the final release. Anyway, i know maybe it's too soon for this, but i noticed that the roofs are lightened from the south-west (shadows in the upper-left side...) while in the floor shadows are always going as if the light would come from north-east (shadow in the lower-right side...). I'm pretty new in the forum and in the whole hacking world, so maybe this is irrelevant, but i just noticed that...

anyway, i wish you the best luck on this project!

(once again, my english is not the best, sorry if i do not make myself clear...)
Old January 3rd, 2012, 06:39 AM
Neo-Dragon
Game Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnegation View Post
Find me a place where you've seen buildings like these, otherwise, I can only understand your criticism, but not agree to it.
I'd say he is referring to the tiles of the "nature" stuff. The builds stand out and are top notch, but the nature tiles look very generic COMPARED to other fan games (I think they look fine, see what word I CAPPED there). I'd guess it's because a lot of games have B/W style nature tiles and these are HG/SS style tiles.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here