• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Super Starter Pokémon Club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
You know, I think I love the Sinnoh trio lots. Way more than anything else, when you consider the trio as a whole. nothing can beat the cute chubbiness that is Turtwig

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh or Unova - which starter trio do you like the most?
kanto trio

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
OK! Maybe we should both head to the Inter-Club Affairs thread for exactly that. :P

OK, so I'm gonna change the topic now!

Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh or Unova - which starter trio do you like the most?

Sinnoh! They're my favourite by far. I'm not the biggest fan of Chimchar, but Turtwig and Piplup are two of my favourite Pokemon of all! And Infernape redeems the Chimchar family as that's an insanely good competitive battling Pokemon.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
Years
I like the Sinnoh Starter Trio the most, because all of them eventually evolve into dual-types. Yeah, I'm biased towards dual-typed Pokémon like that. ^^

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
The Johto trio despite Snivy being in Unova, I really love those three - Cyndaquil, Chikorita and Totodile, all of them are really adorable and strong, and I believe they can be much more than that. <3

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I guess everyone have their favourites when it comes to starters by themselves or as a trio, and sometimes it can be wildly different. Everyone's opinion is something that is unique and can never be ignored or replaced. :) That's what I'd like to see - a nice discussion and debate (if any) on a topic!

I'll leave the topic as-is for now, but there's something that still is bugging me... I think I'll set a secondary, not-really-club-related topic right now.

Topic:
Is the first page working properly, and state your browser.

As for updates and things, I might do it tomorrow or so.

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
The first page is working perfectly fine, and I am using Mozilla Firefox. :)

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
The first page is working perfectly fine, and I am using Mozilla Firefox. :)

I'm using Google Chrome and the first page seems fine for me too.

Thanks. I'm using Internet Explorer and everything shows up correctly, too

I was experimenting with a bit of CSS in the style lately, and I want to see if the whole thing still works for everyone. Now to wait for someone with Opera/any mobile browser...

I know for sure that the Android browser that came with Gingerbread didn't render the shadows until I put the vendor-specific versions of all the code. It was hard work. If I had to redo it again... oh goooooooood.

Anyway! Back to the real topic... ahem, I think I'll set a new topic right here, right now.

New Topic!
Ever traded your starter without breeding it to get another starter?

ikaroschase

サンダース the crackling of sparks
Years
New Topic!
noooooo my starter will be my partner for life and will stay in my party at all times unless i'm breeding pokemon and hatching millions of eggs
btw, the first page is more awesome than ever (:

Flame-Typhlosion

Champion
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
Heheh,sorry to just burst into to the conversation,but i just found this club and decided to join! :D

Name: Flame-Typhlosion
Starter Pokémon: FireBurst the Cyndaquil and Turtle the squirtle (:P)
Why would you like to join the club: Starters and always the one i would stick with the most,and also because they are all adorable!

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
That's alright, and it's awesome to have a new member around! So, welcome. ^0^;;

I've never done that before, and isn't planning to do it really. x3

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
welcome to the club,Flame-Typhlosion
never and i will not try it

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
welcome to the club,Flame-Typhlosion
never and i will not try it

As in to collect them all for the Pokedex or just get a new one to use? I'm a trader so I'd clone and/or breed the starter Pokemon first before getting trading it, although no one can have my well trained starters! The originals are to never be traded as I love them dearly :3

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I guess we all love our starters so much that we pretty much want to keep them as much as possible, no?

I used to trade starters back then with my copy of Blue, cause there's no other way. :P

Also, welcome to the club, Flame-Typhlosion! I guess I kinda want to hug you now. :)

Last edited:

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Side note: How did I forget to update the topic at the first post? :| Maybe I need reminders or something. :P

New Topic!
What do you think is the most balanced starter trio?

Years
Side note: How did I forget to update the topic at the first post? :| Maybe I need reminders or something. :P

New Topic!
What do you think is the most balanced starter trio?

I'm not sure on that one but, I'd have to go with the Kanto region starters... IMO, they just seem to be the more legit balanced trio than the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back