The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Pixel Art

Notices

Pixel Art For your creative works that focus on every individual pixel. Share (but not steal) your works with others to suit many purposes.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 6th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Logiedan
highly-functioning sociopath

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumpyfoof View Post
Has anyone created a fakedex full of original amalgamons? (originals made from the parts of existing mon's so we all know what i'm talking about) Hah.

I searched but got nothing hah.
And if not what would everyone think if someone were to create one and use it for a hack?
Obviously they'd be beyond recognition of their original parts. The lazy persons path to spriting :P
this sounds like it belongs here. merged to this thread.

Amalgamations are a pretty unique way to creating fakemon. The only thing I would like if someone were to create an amalgamon is if they didn't allow a person to recognize which parts they used from official sprites.
Old July 8th, 2011, 05:37 AM
Plumpyfoof

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Plumpyfoof
Sorry for making useless threads hah.

I was just thinking because I'm fairly decent at taking small parts of official sprites and blending quite a few of them together to make something unrecognisable, I just wanted to know if people would be into that or is it 'cheating'?
Old July 9th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Well, I myself sometimes cheat and use original Pokémon sprites for bases for things such as claws and feet which I suck at drawing, but yeah, normally I manage to disguise it pretty well. For all we know, some really convincing fakedexes may be made of amalgamons, but people tend not to admit it as it seems more "professional" if you say it's scratch or whatever.
Old September 8th, 2011, 11:20 PM
The 100 Mega Shock
Donator Tier 3

I'd like to say it's the exact opposite of professional, but there's always artists in one medium or another that can be defined as 'professionals' who try to get away with selling work that has been directly traced and copied from other sources.
Old November 17th, 2011, 05:46 PM
zigzagame
Beginning Trainer

ms paint and photoshop does the job
Old December 21st, 2011, 06:21 AM
NTA
Where?

Nature: Adamant
Where would I post if I just want to post one sprite? I'm having some trouble finishing it and I don't know what to do xD

Old December 21st, 2011, 07:09 AM
Amachi
(。・ω・)ノ゙ Hello, I am Amachi-chan~♪

Nature: Jolly
in this thread NTA: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=108209
Old December 21st, 2011, 05:50 PM
Dorandragon
The Pixel Master

Nature: Jolly
Guys, I need some advice. I'm spriting for CaP2 on Smogon, and I've asked for advice on which shiny to use, but I've gotten basically no feedback. So i come to you guys, which i just in this instance remembered you guys being spriters.

Normal front and back

Shiny A

Shiny B

Shiny C

Old December 21st, 2011, 06:03 PM
Conan Edogawa
One Truth Prevails

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorandragon View Post
Guys, I need some advice. I'm spriting for CaP2 on Smogon, and I've asked for advice on which shiny to use, but I've gotten basically no feedback. So i come to you guys, which i just in this instance remembered you guys being spriters.

Normal front and back

Shiny A

Shiny B

Shiny C
I like option A the best, the palettes the most appealing in my opinion.
Old January 7th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Zephyr+
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Sassy
It's that time of month again! I haven't been told off yet, so, without further ado (crossposted from deviantart and everywhere else):

Pocket Spriter #10: A Long Day's Journey Into Sprite! Back after a long hiatus!

Today is a very special day. The kind of day that only rolls around once a year. 49 years ago today, this planet was graced by the presence of one of the greatest men ever born. Ruggedly handsome, with peerless acting skills, he took hollywood by storm. They never saw him coming. He came to steal the Declaration of Independence, but he ended up stealing our hearts instead.

I am talking, of course, about Nicolas Cage.

There's also Pocket Spriter tonight I guess.

For those in the dark: Pocket Spriter is a spriting tutorial livestream, where Seika and Twitch (me!) talk for hours about pixels on a screen, and occasionally about other dumb stuff like homestuck or Nicolas Cage. We make total idiots of ourselves and laugh at our own jokes. Sometimes we take requests. It's really fun!

We decided to make today opposite day! So Twitch will take Seika's usual panels and vice versa. It might be really fun or it might be a huge mess! Who knows? I certainly don't!

Panels are as follows. Times are EST:

6:00 - Combat Tips - Hosted by Seika
Fighting-types: confusing! Diverse! Under-represented! In this panel, Seika tackles the roughest, toughest type!

6:45 - Sprite Critique - Hosted by Seika
An old favorite panel, and one that requires audience participation! Users will submit their sprites for Seika to take a gander at and edit them to tell you what you could do better.

7:30 - It's All Greek To Me - Hosted by Twitch
Mythology is a great way to get inspiration for cool, creative Fakemon! Twitch will take user suggestions and make a fakemon up on the spot, just for you.

8:15 - Digitaru Monsutaa - Hosted by Twitch
Wait, I thought this was a Pokemon livestream?! Twitch sprites some digimon, in Digimon World Dusk/Dawn-style.

9:00 - Hieros Gamos - Hosted by Twitch
In true Opposite Day fashion, Twitch sprites some wacky monsters for Seika's game, Hieros Gamos! They all look very cool.

9:45 - Happy Hour - Hosted by Seika
In which we all get drunk and party. That, or sit around talking at our computers like dorks, and maybe play a multiplayer online game with our audience.

Come for ten minutes or come for ten hours; for as long as you can stop by, we'd love to see you! Heck, you might get a free request out of it, even! Again, the link to the stream is here: http://www.livestream.com/pocketspriter. You don't need to register or anything! Just stop by and comment creepily about how nice our voices sound. If you have skype, you can even join in! It is all going to be really fun.

That's all. Also Gavin (Abnegation) will probably be there, at least for the beginning, so you can ask him things about tiles and stuff.
Old January 19th, 2012, 12:19 AM
Spycicle
Gentlemen.

Nature: Calm
Question: How many people here have done sprites that use characters from Valve games? eg. TF2, L4D, Half-Life.
-I'm going to gut you like a Cornish game hen.
-Steam ID- -The Pokémon Moon RPG- My referral link-

Old January 23rd, 2012, 07:32 PM
Logiedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spycicle View Post
Question: How many people here have done sprites that use characters from Valve games? eg. TF2, L4D, Half-Life.
I'm afraid that most of the community does Pokemon spriting, fusion and all that. I haven't seen a lot of people do other sprites or pixel art on other games or subjects.
Old January 24th, 2012, 08:55 PM
PokeHumanManectric
Leader of the PMD Team

Nature: Careful
Why do you guys make fakemon? Is there a point in it that I should know about?

<- CLICK ME
Old February 4th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Spycicle
Gentlemen.

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeHumanManectric View Post
Why do you guys make fakemon? Is there a point in it that I should know about?
Well...
It can be fun in a way seeing concepts, ideas and full sprites posted on the internet. Something like Fakémon is even better, as you made it yourself.
Tl;dr, it's a fun hobby.
-I'm going to gut you like a Cornish game hen.
-Steam ID- -The Pokémon Moon RPG- My referral link-

Old February 14th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Logiedan

The Pixel Art Contest Discussion Thread has been closed. The activity over there is rather low, so all future discussions regarding the WPC and Pixel Art Duels can be made here.

You can also make suggestions and give some input about the contests.
Old February 15th, 2012, 04:23 AM
Brane
-

To be honest I think that that theme was just really tough, especially for us newer spriters I was extremely put off by that because anything I entered with would in no way shape or form resemble a pixel art scene

I reckon when activity is low, the competitions really need to be fun orientated so more people enter? Iunno maybe sprite a new emoticon for PC?
Old February 16th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Logiedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brane View Post
To be honest I think that that theme was just really tough, especially for us newer spriters :P I was extremely put off by that because anything I entered with would in no way shape or form resemble a pixel art scene ;)

I reckon when activity is low, the competitions really need to be fun orientated so more people enter? Iunno maybe sprite a new emoticon for PC?
I'll take themes regarding Pixel Art with PC in consideration.

But about WPC #18's theme, it was more directed to experienced and intermediate pixel artists. I felt as if they had become bored of Pokemon and Fakemon themes, reposes and whatnot over and over. So this was kind of an experimental theme, and I guess the results show that the PA community in PC is more comfortable with strictly Pokemon and relatives.

Last edited by Logiedan; February 16th, 2012 at 10:01 PM.
Old February 17th, 2012, 03:24 PM
The 100 Mega Shock
Donator Tier 3

I would've drawn some **** if i wasn't like busy with real things. Almost nobody does backgrounds because woah i just spent all my time on my super special self insert character or fakemon dude do you expect me to draw and colour a whole landscape that resembles a real thing
Old February 17th, 2012, 04:02 PM
abnegation
proudly paired with adventure
Community Supporter

It would have been better either being a scene or a character. Being both kind of turned me off.

the internet is full of people who refuse to be nice to others
because they feel that this makes them superior
that's lame
Old February 18th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Logiedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnegation View Post
It would have been better either being a scene or a character. Being both kind of turned me off.
Yeah, I agree. I regret adding the Pokemon aspect to the theme and should have just stayed simple with any ol' scene. I'll make another one of these themes another time.
Old March 28th, 2012, 08:01 AM
marz
ô.o
Community Supporter

About a year ago, this started popping up around the Interwebs. I was wondering if anyone knew the original creator of this collection? I would like to get a hold of them.

Quite some great work. You should check it out if you haven't already.

I understand that this isn't my own work but I figure posting a thread about it might be the best way to find the author, or someone with connections to the author.
Old March 28th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Lornami
Let's share the fruit of fate!

Nature: Brave
[SIZE="a"]Have you tried to reverse search the image through google or used tinyeye? (In class right now, I can try searching for you when I get back.)[/SIZE]

Old March 28th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Yoshikkko

Nature: Adamant
^ that should be TinEye, but yeah you can try those however they usually don't give sources like deviantArt or stuff like that where it would be showcased by the artist.
Old March 28th, 2012, 10:50 AM
marz
ô.o
Community Supporter

I've used Google Image Reverse search and it sent me to nothing but a bunch of reposts, unfortunately. I was hoping for a DeviantART page or something of the like.

TinEye didn't help either - it just linked me to a bunch of Japanese Pokemon blogs. I didn't consider the possibility of the author being Japanese, but judging by the 4chan Fakemon Tentaquil (the weird thing that comes after Genesect), the author probably speaks English.

Oh well, thanks for the help guys. Please if anyone knows the author, message me.
Old March 28th, 2012, 01:11 PM
HoodieDoodie
The Electric Soldier

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to HoodieDoodie Send a message via Skype™ to HoodieDoodie
Ahhh, its something to do with Sydian I think? I remember on the sprite discussions thread someone posting this image and mentioned making it using Sydian's device... but I have no idea what this is.

I'm possibly no help atall lol, but its worth a shot :]

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here