< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Trade Corner Chit-Chat Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Notices

Trade Corner Having trouble completing your Pokédex? Looking for a certain Pokémon or have a rare one to offer? This is your forum. Everything related to wireless trades can be discussed here.

Closed Thread Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #76    
Old January 8th, 2012 (7:41 AM).
SS01's Avatar
SS01 SS01 is offline
#PoC Collab
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Posts: 344
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SS01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley182 View Post
How far do you guys reccommend me to be in my Pokemon white before I attempt to start to RNG?

Does anyone know any good guides? I hear bearsfans is quite good.
Hey, Having just learned to RNG, and having been through a lot of this,
i'd say after you beat the game. Calibration requires pretty high level pokemon,
and RNG'ing itself requires some knowledge of in-game mechanics.
Bearsfans guides are OK, but i personally prefer written-down guides,
which we have here, stickied along with the CSS guide in trade corner.

Good Luck!

Relevant Advertising!

  #77    
Old January 8th, 2012 (7:44 AM).
이큐리's Avatar
이큐리 이큐리 is offline
함께가자 티아라
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 이큐리의집
Gender: Female
Nature: Impish
Posts: 2,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySearcher01 View Post
Hey, Having just learned to RNG, and having been through a lot of this,
i'd say after you beat the game. Calibration requires pretty high level pokemon,
and RNG'ing itself requires some knowledge of in-game mechanics.
Bearsfans guides are OK, but i personally prefer written-down guides,
which we have here, stickied along with the CSS guide in trade corner.

Good Luck!
You don't really have to beat the game to RNG. You just need to reach Victory Road. How else would you RNG Zekrom/Reshiram. :P
  #78    
Old January 8th, 2012 (7:48 AM).
Cordelia Cordelia is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Nature: Sassy
Posts: 9,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonz0 View Post
yay! fantastic breed, Mac! I hope you'll get faster with that. Skill IV Gen RNG, it's worth it!
Non-redis? hehehe...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley182 View Post
Congrats Mac!
That's one might fine scizor right there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by miakalina View Post

You're getting better! Grats, Mac. <3
Thanks all =D And yes, I've decided that all of my Pokes are now non-redis =P
  #79    
Old January 8th, 2012 (7:49 AM).
이큐리's Avatar
이큐리 이큐리 is offline
함께가자 티아라
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 이큐리의집
Gender: Female
Nature: Impish
Posts: 2,230
What made you want to make them all non-redis?

Also, I won't be on TC's irc today everyone!
Long story short, I need to win a bet.
I'll be on here though. xD
  #80    
Old January 8th, 2012 (8:06 AM).
Cordelia Cordelia is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Nature: Sassy
Posts: 9,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by miakalina View Post
What made you want to make them all non-redis?

Also, I won't be on TC's irc today everyone!
Long story short, I need to win a bet.
I'll be on here though. xD
I am going to make them semi-redis for associates, though.
  #81    
Old January 8th, 2012 (8:14 AM).
이큐리's Avatar
이큐리 이큐리 is offline
함께가자 티아라
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 이큐리의집
Gender: Female
Nature: Impish
Posts: 2,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac of York View Post
I am going to make them semi-redis for associates, though.
But still. :P Why is everyone making they 'mons non-redis? xD
I'm going to take semi-redis off my pokes and just use non-redis or NFT.
Semi-redis confuses people. 8)
  #82    
Old January 8th, 2012 (8:15 AM).
Cordelia Cordelia is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Nature: Sassy
Posts: 9,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by miakalina View Post

But still. Why is everyone making they 'mons non-redis? xD
I'm going to take semi-redis off my pokes and just use non-redis or NFT.
Semi-redis confuses people. 8)
I just don't want my pokes to spread like wildfire anymore =P After seeing one of my mon's on Serebii that was enough XD
  #83    
Old January 8th, 2012 (8:30 AM).
이큐리's Avatar
이큐리 이큐리 is offline
함께가자 티아라
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 이큐리의집
Gender: Female
Nature: Impish
Posts: 2,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac of York View Post
I just don't want my pokes to spread like wildfire anymore =P After seeing one of my mon's on Serebii that was enough XD
Really??? I don't know where my 'mons are ending up. xD
Most people cba with redis rights so they just do whatever they want. =/
  #84    
Old January 8th, 2012 (8:31 AM).
Cordelia Cordelia is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Nature: Sassy
Posts: 9,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by miakalina View Post

Really??? I don't know where my 'mons are ending up. xD
Most people cba with redis rights so they just do whatever they want. =/
I know but at least now I can ***** about it XD
  #85    
Old January 8th, 2012 (8:33 AM).
이큐리's Avatar
이큐리 이큐리 is offline
함께가자 티아라
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 이큐리의집
Gender: Female
Nature: Impish
Posts: 2,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac of York View Post
I know but at least now I can ***** about it XD
That's true. C:
I don't know what I'm going to about my redis rights.
  #86    
Old January 8th, 2012 (8:43 AM).
Cordelia Cordelia is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Nature: Sassy
Posts: 9,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by miakalina View Post

That's true. C:
I don't know what I'm going to about my redis rights.
Non-redis! Then do semi for those you love!
  #87    
Old January 8th, 2012 (9:23 AM).
Get Weird's Avatar
Get Weird Get Weird is offline
let's get weird
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: England
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Posts: 4,051
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY I'm kinda back. :3 Today I went out and bought a Ds and a Pokemon Black. So now all I have to do is complete the league and then I can start to RNG. :3
Cos I'm yours

ask.fm // #1 // #2 // tumblr // twitter // 1349 6159 4149 // get weird
  #88    
Old January 8th, 2012 (5:40 PM).
Jolteon*'s Avatar
Jolteon* Jolteon* is offline
Super Boss Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Posts: 352
Does anybody know if pprng says that at frame 89 the wild pokemon will be quiet if you synchronize, but you use a jolly synchronizer, can it still be jolly?
  #89    
Old January 8th, 2012 (5:51 PM).
이큐리's Avatar
이큐리 이큐리 is offline
함께가자 티아라
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 이큐리의집
Gender: Female
Nature: Impish
Posts: 2,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolteon* View Post
Does anybody know if pprng says that at frame 89 the wild pokemon will be quiet if you synchronize, but you use a jolly synchronizer, can it still be jolly?
If the seed can be synced, you can use any sync and it will work.

Quiet - No Snyc
Hardy - No Sync
Quiet - Yes sync
Hardy - Yes Sync

@dragonomega
That's great!!! Can't wait to see your RNGs. :D
  #90    
Old January 8th, 2012 (6:02 PM).
Jolteon*'s Avatar
Jolteon* Jolteon* is offline
Super Boss Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Posts: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by miakalina View Post

If the seed can be synced, you can use any sync and it will work.

Quiet - No Snyc
Hardy - No Sync
Quiet - Yes sync
Hardy - Yes Sync

@dragonomega
That's great!!! Can't wait to see your RNGs. :D
So if it says sync yes then that means that if i use a jolly syncer it'll be jolly?
  #91    
Old January 8th, 2012 (6:05 PM).
이큐리's Avatar
이큐리 이큐리 is offline
함께가자 티아라
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 이큐리의집
Gender: Female
Nature: Impish
Posts: 2,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolteon* View Post
So if it says sync yes then that means that if i use a jolly syncer it'll be jolly?
Yes. If you land on the right frame when you advance your PIDRNG it will be Jolly.
  #92    
Old January 8th, 2012 (6:11 PM).
Jolteon*'s Avatar
Jolteon* Jolteon* is offline
Super Boss Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Posts: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by miakalina View Post

Yes. If you land on the right frame when you advance your PIDRNG it will be Jolly.
Thank you!
  #93    
Old January 8th, 2012 (7:01 PM).
sanshroo's Avatar
sanshroo sanshroo is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: behind you!!!
Gender:
Nature: Modest
Posts: 76
So like, what's the deal with all of the hacking and cloning that goes on in here? From a reasonably objective standpoint it just cheap since it ruins any semblance of supply and demand, and from the perspective of a trainer it's kinda messed up.
I catch my legendaries in nest balls :unsure:
I play Pardus. I like fungi. I like chemistry. I am constantly changing.
  #94    
Old January 8th, 2012 (7:07 PM).
이큐리's Avatar
이큐리 이큐리 is offline
함께가자 티아라
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 이큐리의집
Gender: Female
Nature: Impish
Posts: 2,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanshroo View Post
So like, what's the deal with all of the hacking and cloning that goes on in here? From a reasonably objective standpoint it just cheap since it ruins any semblance of supply and demand, and from the perspective of a trainer it's kinda messed up.
What the hell are you talking about? Who is hacking exactly?
  #95    
Old January 8th, 2012 (7:09 PM).
Cordelia Cordelia is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Nature: Sassy
Posts: 9,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanshroo View Post
So like, what's the deal with all of the hacking and cloning that goes on in here? From a reasonably objective standpoint it just cheap since it ruins any semblance of supply and demand, and from the perspective of a trainer it's kinda messed up.
What hacking? We don't allow hacking here...
  #96    
Old January 8th, 2012 (7:13 PM).
sanshroo's Avatar
sanshroo sanshroo is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: behind you!!!
Gender:
Nature: Modest
Posts: 76
Except you do offer services to check if a pokemon is hacked or not .__.

Don't you think there's people that hack a pokemon using pokesav, then just make it look legit enough to check?

Also, Cloning=hacking. It requires the use of an action replay. Action replays are cheating devices.
I catch my legendaries in nest balls :unsure:
I play Pardus. I like fungi. I like chemistry. I am constantly changing.
  #97    
Old January 8th, 2012 (7:17 PM).
Lance's Avatar
Lance Lance is offline
Champion
Super ModeratorCS
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Victory Road
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 13,945
<insert generic I'd stop if I were you to quell the flame fest here post>
  #98    
Old January 8th, 2012 (7:21 PM).
Cordelia Cordelia is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Nature: Sassy
Posts: 9,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanshroo View Post
Except you do offer services to check if a pokemon is hacked or not .__.

Don't you think there's people that hack a pokemon using pokesav, then just make it look legit enough to check?

Also, Cloning=hacking. It requires the use of an action replay. Action replays are cheating devices.
So you don't like cloning, that's your prerogative. You think it's a hack... sure, whatever. I don't care. Don't trade for clones, then. We don't use PokeSav or PokeGen or anything like that to get our mons. We use legit ways in the game to get Flawless/Shiny Pokemon. We clone them so we don't lose our hard work. We offer hack checking services because some people DO hack and do it BADLY enough where it shows up. So yeah, learn about RNG before you judge please.
  #99    
Old January 8th, 2012 (7:32 PM).
sanshroo's Avatar
sanshroo sanshroo is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: behind you!!!
Gender:
Nature: Modest
Posts: 76
?

This wasn't a conversation about RNGing really... I know how to RNG but I feel like that's a totally different subject. It's not that bad of a problem since most of the pokes' on here are advertized as clones, but it does kinda ruin the fun.

If no one cloned then each individual pokemon would actually be worth something. RNGing would be a valued skill and pro breeders would be taken seriously. By accepting cloning you end up with boxes and boxes full of stuff that everybody has, because they are as common as bidoof. Give aways are boring. No I don't want your crazy ass LV 999 arceus with flamethrower. No I don't want any of your 70 event pokemon. I would however like to be able to trade in a place where my ability is actually appreciated.
I catch my legendaries in nest balls :unsure:
I play Pardus. I like fungi. I like chemistry. I am constantly changing.
  #100    
Old January 8th, 2012 (7:46 PM).
twistedpuppy's Avatar
twistedpuppy twistedpuppy is offline
Siriusly Twisted
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Nature: Timid
Posts: 1,384
I'm sorry you feel the way do sanshroo. Here in Trade Corner we in by no means encourage hacking. We have many rules in place to prevent it and offer hack checking to help traders weed hacks out themselves. As for your beliefs about cloning, I fully understand them, but we do not consider it to be hacking. If you would like to know what we consider hacking or not, I suggest you read our FAQ in the Trade Corner Rules. It'll provide you with the necessary information as to what we consider here to be legal and illegal.

Now let's keep this place civil everyone.
Closed Thread Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:58 PM.


Contact Us Archive Privacy Statement Terms of Service Top