The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 7th, 2012, 07:50 PM
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snivy063 View Post
As we all really know, battling techniques in the anime is pretty different in the games. :3
Yes. They seemed creative with everything, from the moves to the manner of evolving. When they do that, the anime physics are always disregarded.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old January 7th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Snivy063
Booted out - don't be like me!

And it's actually annoying as most of the kids today watch anime and they actually thought the informations that they would get are useful and helpful in the games too! 8D
Old January 7th, 2012, 07:57 PM
miltankRancher

Quote:
And it's actually annoying as most of the kids today watch anime and they actually thought the informations that they would get are useful and helpful in the games too! 8D
well. I am guilty of that once. I once waited for the sprinklers to come on during my first yellow play. But yeah, anime today are giving more false info to kids.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old January 7th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Snivy063

In the games, it actually depends on the level of your Pokemon and of course the type. In the anime, whatever type you are, you can defeat a Pokemon. XD
Old January 7th, 2012, 08:30 PM
miltankRancher

Quote:
In the games, it actually depends on the level of your Pokemon and of course the type. In the anime, whatever type you are, you can defeat a Pokemon. XD
Hardwork and perseverance will conquer all!

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old January 7th, 2012, 09:00 PM
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Yahoo to deoxys121
Things are getting a bit spammy, so I'll start a new topic:
Which of the TM moves from the original games do you like/dislike the most? Would you like to see some of them make a comeback?
With me, I like that Double-Edge was a TM. I really would like it to make a comeback, so that way any physical-attacking Normal-type can get some very effective STAB. Also, how about Tri-Attack? Again, STAB on Normal-types, this time for those who use Special Attack.
Old January 7th, 2012, 09:16 PM
2Cool4Mewtwo
Pwning in Ubers since 1996.

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by miltankRancher View Post
LOL. anime logic is pretty ****** up. Haha. They seems really unorthodox and such.
Yup.

Funny how we got from talking about Charizard vs Snorlax to why we can hit ground types with electric types on anime.

(on that matter, I think it will be a very closely contested tie or very narrow win to either side. While Snorlax may be a tank and a powerful/agile battler, has Charizard's sheer power is unparellel.)

Last edited by 2Cool4Mewtwo; January 7th, 2012 at 09:23 PM.
Old January 7th, 2012, 09:59 PM
miltankRancher

Yeah.

On topic:

Tri Attack. Only. For me it is the only attack worth Tm'ing again, since it could be pretty deadly.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old January 8th, 2012, 04:07 AM
Shijo
Scientist

Nature: Serious
umm... tri attack is pretty decent, i hated when some of the tm of generation 1 were changed to move tutor, like mega punch, counter, etc... i would like to see those moves as tm's again
Old January 8th, 2012, 05:58 AM
miltankRancher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shijo View Post
umm... tri attack is pretty decent, i hated when some of the tm of generation 1 were changed to move tutor, like mega punch, counter, etc... i would like to see those moves as tm's again
Pretty neutral here, since it gives more slots for other Tm's. For Tri Attack however, the absence of a move tutor for it really limits it pool distribution.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old January 8th, 2012, 06:55 AM
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Points have been updated. Shijo, this includes your points for using a userbar.

Shijo, having Counter as a TM again would be a great idea. While in-game, predicting certain attacks are difficult, when it comes to competitive play, you can relatively easily predict whether your opponent's next move will be physical or special. Though, Counter is widely distributed through breeding.

Members, remember that event I mentioned? Well, I will now tell you that the event will be announced this Tuesday. That is, Tuesday by my time (EST) for those of you in other parts of the world.
Old January 8th, 2012, 07:11 AM
miltankRancher

Excited for the event!

Using counter competitively is still a sight for me to see. despite its usefulness and such, Counter is easily dismissed for priority attacks such as the new Bullet punch (especially on Life Orb Technician STABbed Scizor.)

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old January 8th, 2012, 09:26 AM
johnny18
Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys121 View Post

Which of the TM moves from the original games do you like/dislike the most? Would you like to see some of them make a comeback?
OMG, I like this topic. I would say Flash as I found it useless and I never use it except in the dark cave
Old January 8th, 2012, 06:51 PM
2Cool4Mewtwo

Quote:
Things are getting a bit spammy, so I'll start a new topic:
With me, I like that Double-Edge was a TM. I really would like it to make a comeback, so that way any physical-attacking Normal-type can get some very effective STAB. Also, how about Tri-Attack? Again, STAB on Normal-types, this time for those who use Special Attack.
Out of the ones that aren't currently available as TMs, I found many of those moves to be useless compared to what we have now, to be honest. Moves like double edge, tri attack, and counter still aren't bad moves, though.

Quote:
Excited for the event!

Using counter competitively is still a sight for me to see. despite its usefulness and such, Counter is easily dismissed for priority attacks such as the new Bullet punch (especially on Life Orb Technician STABbed Scizor.)
Counter is especially effective when you teach it to certain pokemon, such as Wobbuffet, but I do agree that it's not much useful in a general sense.

Old January 8th, 2012, 07:09 PM
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

I have just updated the points because our member 2Cool4Mewtwo has contributed us some new userbars, a total of 3. 2Cool4Mewtwo, at 20 points each, that means you just got 60 bonus points. Thanks a lot! Members, those userbars have been added to the OP. Feel free to use them if you want.
Old January 9th, 2012, 04:10 AM
miltankRancher

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny18 View Post
OMG, I like this topic. I would say Flash as I found it useless and I never use it except in the dark cave
IIRC, flash is an HM but what the hell. it is really a useless move. Why the hell would one bother with accuracy rather than boost your Atk or SpA?

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old January 9th, 2012, 05:05 AM
Shijo
Scientist

Nature: Serious
Quote:
IIRC, flash is an HM but what the hell. it is really a useless move. Why the hell would one bother with accuracy rather than boost your Atk or SpA?
in the r/b/y or FR/LG i dont use flash, not even get the hm, i know the dark cave of memory lol, is the most useless move after splash
Old January 9th, 2012, 05:31 AM
miltankRancher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shijo View Post
in the r/b/y or FR/LG i dont use flash, not even get the hm, i know the dark cave of memory lol, is the most useless move after splash
compared to splash, at least flash has an effect.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old January 9th, 2012, 05:41 AM
Snivy063

I can't actually choose one as majority of them are useful and I can't actually think of a TM that isn't even worth it at all. :/
Old January 9th, 2012, 07:44 AM
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Points have been updated.

Snivy063, there are a few original TMs I can think of off the top of my head that I don't like. First, there's Fissure and Horn Drill. OHKO moves rely way too much on luck. For just that reason, they are banned by most competitive rules. Then, there's Teleport. I mean... really? The only purpose it has in battle is to run from wild battles. It does nothing in trainer battles. And then Metronome. Again, it relies on luck.
Old January 9th, 2012, 08:08 AM
miltankRancher

Quote:

Snivy063, there are a few original TMs I can think of off the top of my head that I don't like. First, there's Fissure and Horn Drill. OHKO moves rely way too much on luck. For just that reason, they are banned by most competitive rules. Then, there's Teleport. I mean... really? The only purpose it has in battle is to run from wild battles. It does nothing in trainer battles. And then Metronome. Again, it relies on luck.
I actually like metronome flavor-wise. I just do not know why.

And yeah, I am not that a fan with the OHKO moves.

o yeah. A new userbar.

I will attach it. I accept evolutionary requests! Just tried it out with the first ever pokemon in the dex!
Attached Images
File Type: gif userbar102930.gif‎ (72.8 KB, 5 views) (Save to Dropbox)

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old January 9th, 2012, 04:11 PM
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

miltankRancher, your userbar has been added to the OP, and points given.

We just had our first points shop purchase. NightOfRemorse had Willow the Vulpix upgraded to shiny. I got to test my imaging skills once again!
Old January 9th, 2012, 06:06 PM
2Cool4Mewtwo

Just as a suggestion for this club... an "Elite Status" where you'll have a star next to your name (ex. 2cool4mewtwo★), marked as a dedicated member of this club, that costs 1000 points to buy. Right now there won't be many benefits besides a "dedicated" status in this club (and another addition that I'll mention later in this paragraph), but it may serve as a benchmark for some of the "upper-ended" future updates to this club. Current benefits may be: name color change available in the front page for additional 100 points. (ex. 2cool4mewtwo★)

Also, owner's starting 50 points shouldn't be mentioned now... I think enough time has passed by for it to be ignored.

Spoiler:

More userbars. (not as good as my earlier ones, but still... )

Last edited by 2Cool4Mewtwo; January 9th, 2012 at 07:41 PM.
Old January 9th, 2012, 08:04 PM
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Thanks for the userbars, 2Cool4Mewtwo! They have been added, and points given. Also, I added your points for using a userbar. (You only get them now because of a goof I made accidentally removing the userbars after I would have given the points.)

Your ideas are interesting. I'll think about the "Elite Status" feature. If used, it will not go unrewarded. I removed the Owner starting points already, as you suggested.
Old January 10th, 2012, 01:35 AM
miltankRancher

I love that idea! If that is ever implemented, I will be going to buy that really.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here