The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.
Feel like talking about Pokémon manga? Check this out! Want to discuss and share Pokémon music and videos? Click here!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 20th, 2011, 12:51 AM
The Corrupt Plague
Missingno. hunter

Nature: Naughty

Advertise here
Arceus created the universe so it came first. Mew was merely the seed of life that was sent out to populate the pokemon planet.

Credit goes to Team Brushfire for the awesome banner!
Old December 20th, 2011, 01:18 AM
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
I don't believe arceus actually exists; he was just a myth created by man before they had the technology and knowledge to find the origins of pokemon. :P
Old December 20th, 2011, 01:29 AM
countryemo
The Day I've been running from
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to countryemo
Arceus came first, I believed that this was described in the D/P/PT games. Ehh can't recall.

Old December 28th, 2011, 01:18 AM
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
If I understand correctly, Mew is the ancestor of all pokemon, meaning that Mew is at the top of the hierarchical tree. However, it could also be said that Arceus is the one who created Mew, and the three creation trio.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old December 28th, 2011, 01:41 AM
Zeffy
artificial one-eyed ghoul

Send a message via Skype™ to Zeffy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndoomed View Post
My take on things: Assuming mew has the DNA of all pokemon and Arceus is infact a pokemon, That would then mean a mew could have laid the first egg that Arceus hatched from.
I stopped reading right here. This would be an invalid situation, based from mythology. Arceus' egg came from chaos and nothingness, so unless you have another meaning of nothing, Arceus came first.

Mew. Mew is the ancestor of all Pokemon, yes. But have you considered that Mew is the ancestor of all Pokemon in Earth after it was created by Kyogre and Groudon (which then Regigigas moved the continents bla bla bla)? Think of them as the dinosaurs, or the Flinstones. If you think about it this way, it all makes sense.
Old December 28th, 2011, 02:00 AM
Houndoomed
Battle Master

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeffy View Post
I stopped reading right here. This would be an invalid situation, based from mythology. Arceus' egg came from chaos and nothingness, so unless you have another meaning of nothing, Arceus came first.

Mew. Mew is the ancestor of all Pokemon, yes. But have you considered that Mew is the ancestor of all Pokemon in Earth after it was created by Kyogre and Groudon (which then Regigigas moved the continents bla bla bla)? Think of them as the dinosaurs, or the Flinstones. If you think about it this way, it all makes sense.
You should have kept reading. The original post contained the correct explanation of who came first. XP

Zeus

Last edited by Houndoomed; December 28th, 2011 at 02:07 AM.
Old December 28th, 2011, 02:23 AM
tminus89
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quirky
My first thought to this is a real buzz kill but it's an honest thought.
Spoiler:
There is no real answer or correct continuity that explains or connects mew and arceus. I say this because of the fact that the first season showed fishes that weren't pokemon and even had a mongoose at one point. You really don't see animals like those any where else in the series and therefore any argument can be instantly argued as invalid... anyways, don't may much attention to this answer, it was just the first thought that popped in my head.

Anyways, as for an answer that goes with being a fan of Pokemon, I agree that it was probably Arceus who created Mew and Mew being the guy taking care of buisness on Earth.

My question is, if Arceus is the creator of the universe, did it create humans to??? OoOoOoOo mind is blown!
Old December 28th, 2011, 03:02 AM
TwiDragon
The fun shawl be doubled!

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TwiDragon Send a message via Skype™ to TwiDragon
I still say there could be something greater than Arceaus.

Maybe they'll come up with Super Mega Death Arceus, that'd be kind of cool

Also, +1 internet for you if you get the reference
Old December 28th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Klave
Beginning Trainer

I think that Arceus created Mew which then went on to create all the Pokemon. However, legendaries all came from Arceus (or split off other legendaries e.g. Lake Trio) and the rest came from them and Mew.

Kanto and Sinnoh tribes are far away from each other, which explains why they think Mew and Arceus are the first, but after they realize the existence of each other, then they both realize Arceus came first. After all, Gen I is set 3 years before Gen IV, iirc.
Old December 28th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Mentalii
Back

Nature: Gentle
Complicated and interesting question...
I believe Arceus came first, and created Mew, the ultimate being.
This being is a "baby" that can't grow-up (maybe a kind of foetus), because it is the ancestor of every Pokémon. At the beginning, it was even ALL the Pokémon.
Each part of it's DNA will allow Arceus to create a new Pokémon that will become an adult with its own DNA that will differentiate it from every other Pokémons.

Old December 28th, 2011, 04:29 PM
Gymnotide
8377 | Scorpaeniform

Nature: Naughty
Or, we can just split the two stories altogether and say that Pokemon myth is just Pokemon myth and that legendary Pokemon are just really, really rare and powerful.

"I want to tear myself from this place, from this reality, rise up like a cloud and float away, melt into this humid summer night and dissolve somewhere far, over the hills. But I am here, my legs blocks of concrete, my lungs empty of air, my throat burning. There will be no floating away."

Khaled Hosseini

→ Refresh for a different picture
→ White FC: Haruka 0347 0171 1756

whoever disabled my signature:
my signature is not even close to 300px tall.
i dont understand why it was disabled.
Old January 8th, 2012, 11:13 PM
Andy2019
Beginning Trainer

I think Arceus and Mew do not have a creator, they are both infinite in origin wise.
Old January 8th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Ash's Infernape
Pokémon Protector

Nature: Quirky
As most of em' said, Arceus crated the universe. Then he created Dialga, Palkia and Giratina. Then he created the lake trio, and then he created Mew to create pokemon on earth, with the DNA of all of the pokemon he just created and His own. That is the main theory described in Sinnoh legends.
Old January 9th, 2012, 12:55 AM
CliveKoopa

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to CliveKoopa Send a message via Yahoo to CliveKoopa Send a message via Skype™ to CliveKoopa
Arceus created everything. Plus I think there is more than one Mew while there is only one Arceus.
Old January 9th, 2012, 02:51 AM
TheRedeemed
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lax
Mew, he's in the original 151, silly.
But seriously, I think that they both came into being at the same time, but then later on they split into two different beings. (Shrugs)

Avatar credits go to West @ FurAffinity.net
Old January 9th, 2012, 04:01 AM
Renegade1
#1 Noob!

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisboyN View Post
Arceus made the pokemon and all that stuff, thus he's not the ancestor, he's the creator. Mew would have been theorized as the first pokemon on the planet and populated the world with it's kin, all of which would have over time evolved into the various species we see today. This makes Mew the Ancestor.

A religious way to put it is this... Is god the ancestor of all people? Wouldn't that be Adam/Eve?
I agree with you. There's a big difference from being the creator and the ancestor

Old January 9th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Yoshikkko

Nature: Adamant
Agree with MantisboyN. Arceus is considered God in Pokémon world, aka the creator (that means he also created Mew, which would be the ancestor yeah). I think that's a pretty solid theory. Though I have to say that I'm still getting a little used to the fact that a gen 4 Pokémon would be the creator, in that sense I'm pretty bias for gen 1 haha, I'm a gen 1 freak >.>

Last edited by Yoshikkko; January 9th, 2012 at 10:47 AM.
Old January 9th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Andy2019
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedeemed View Post
Mew, he's in the original 151, silly.
But seriously, I think that they both came into being at the same time, but then later on they split into two different beings. (Shrugs)
I agree, I also think Mew and Arceus are equal as far as they role in the Pokemon world.
Old January 9th, 2012, 05:15 PM
DoctorFred
I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ

Arceus Pokedex: It is described in mythology as the Pokémon that shaped the universe with its 1,000 arms.

Basically Arceus created Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina, the universe, and all of the other legendaries (although there is no evidence of him creating the other legendaries, one can assume this, since they give no explanation as to where they came from). One of those legendaries just so happens to be the DNA thing Mew.

Also, Whether Mew is the ancestor of all pokemon is never set in stone. According to the pokedex, Scientists "think/believe" Mew is the ancestor, however it is never proved or stated as a fact.

In fact, Mew's Super smash bros. melee trophy states, "Some Pokémon scholars believe Mew to be the ancestor of all existing Pokémon, but the idea is debatable." Just saying.
Old January 10th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Andy2019
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorFred View Post
Arceus Pokedex: It is described in mythology as the Pokémon that shaped the universe with its 1,000 arms.

Basically Arceus created Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina, the universe, and all of the other legendaries (although there is no evidence of him creating the other legendaries, one can assume this, since they give no explanation as to where they came from). One of those legendaries just so happens to be the DNA thing Mew.

Also, Whether Mew is the ancestor of all pokemon is never set in stone. According to the pokedex, Scientists "think/believe" Mew is the ancestor, however it is never proved or stated as a fact.

In fact, Mew's Super smash bros. melee trophy states, "Some Pokémon scholars believe Mew to be the ancestor of all existing Pokémon, but the idea is debatable." Just saying.

Shouldnt Mew's theory be decided a fact already, being that it can turn into any Pokemon past or future. On second thought Mew and Arceus shares alot of traits if you ask me.
Old January 10th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2019 View Post
Shouldnt Mew's theory be decided a fact already, being that it can turn into any Pokemon past or future. On second thought Mew and Arceus shares alot of traits if you ask me.
So can Ditto though, are you sure he's not the real ancestor of all Pokemon?
PM
Old January 10th, 2012, 08:25 AM
The Void
Comforter, philosopher, and lifelong mate

Guys, guys, settle down! It's offical! The true creator/ancestor of all Pokemon is actually Satoshi Tajiri!

If you think of it, this case is quite similar to the one true God (in most religions) and our first ancestors, the singular cellular DNA thingies! Why? Because fyi, Arceus's traits were actually based on Yahweh, the one true God in Jewish religion, while Mew was based on those single cell DNA thingies, from which all real world life forms evolved from. Also, Mew's Pokedex entries never stated Mew to be the ancestor of all Pokemon. No! It only stated that Mew contained every single DNA of each Pokemon and is believed by scientists to be the ancestor of all Pokemon, meaning that Mew being every Pokemon's ancestor is just a theory. Arceus could've just created Mew for the purpose of carrying every Pokemon's DNA, including Arceus's. Anyway, while Mew being the ancestor of all Pokemon is merely a theory and not a fact, Arceus's species is identified by the Pokedex as the Alpha Pokemon, meaning the first. The Original One.

Speaking of species, did you know that the Pokedex identifies Arceus as the Alpha Pokemon and Mew as the New Species Pokemon? Based on these names, which do you think came first? Alpha is the very first letter of the greek alphabet and is usually used to symbolize being the first and original one. Mew, on the other hand, is a New Species Pokemon probably because when Arceus created Mew, it meant the start of a new generation of species. A species called Pokemon.

C'mon, guys! This is hardly as hard as the 'Chicken or Egg' debate...
Old January 10th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Andy2019
Beginning Trainer

I know were you going with this, Ditto is a failed mutation that was supposed to be successful, or maybe Mew created Ditto as well as the others. As for new species Pokemon, doesn't have to mean Arceus created Mew, it probably could mean Mew's origin is from another universe other than the one Arceus created, but who knows.
Old January 10th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2019 View Post
I know were you going with this, Ditto is a failed mutation that was supposed to be successful, or maybe Mew created Ditto as well as the others. As for new species Pokemon, doesn't have to mean Arceus created Mew, it probably could mean Mew's origin is from another universe other than the one Arceus created, but who knows.
But what I'm saying is that its ability to transform into anything doesn't make its position as ancestor a 'fact' (as much as anything in Pokemon can be a fact). It's very likely, yes, and there's no real reason for Pokemon to come up with another reason behind it, but it's not a fact, just rumors. I mean, unless you have a way to prove for a fact that Ditto is a failed mutation, it still stands to cast reasonable doubt on your theory, therefore making it not a fact.
PM
Old January 10th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Killjoy
"He was a laser fish."

Nature: Quiet
I'll go with Arceus, but you guys do realize that Pokémon is a fiction, correct? And a fiction that is not exactly seamless. It's imposible to put all the clues together, becuase there really are no clues other than the small amount that's been writen about the two.

The only deffinet right or wrong is what the creators of Pokemon want you to believe, and thus the more recent one, Arceus, makes more sence.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here