The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 4th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Chaosfission
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
Hey guys, I'm new to hacking, but I've looked at some tutorials and information and even picked up a pack of tools, however I discovered that all the tools are .exe and my mac is the best computer in the house to be hacking on, does anyone know if there are any tools or methods I can use to on my mac?
Old January 4th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Nate VonGrimm
Mime Jr.

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosfission View Post
Hey guys, I'm new to hacking, but I've looked at some tutorials and information and even picked up a pack of tools, however I discovered that all the tools are .exe and my mac is the best computer in the house to be hacking on, does anyone know if there are any tools or methods I can use to on my mac?
No tools have been designed for Mac as most of the tools run of the microsoft .net framework.

Even that wine program (whatever it's called) can't run them because Mac's do not use .net framework.

Have to invest in a PC or laptop OR run a virtual windows system on your Mac.

Old January 4th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Chaosfission
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate VonGrimm View Post

No tools have been designed for Mac as most of the tools run of the microsoft .net framework.

Even that wine program (whatever it's called) can't run them because Mac's do not use .net framework.

Have to invest in a PC or laptop OR run a virtual windows system on your Mac.
Alright, thanks for the reply.
Old January 5th, 2012, 12:18 AM
ShadowTails
I'm working on a better Avatar

Does anyone know how to edit the font in Pokemon Emerald? That or happen to know the offsets so I can do it in Fonted? I don't know if there are any new programs that can do this, but Fonted doesn't have the offset for the graphics, or the width of the letters, and wont open the ROM without those.

If I knew how to find it, I'd try to find it myself, but it seems Fonted only has the info to edit Ruby, and I don't believe any of the fonts in any of the games are uncompressed.

Basically, what I'm wanting to do is take the Super Mario World approach (like how it had specific tiles to fit YELLOW SWITCH PALACE for that levels name) and edit some unused "letters" and make words like Electr and Psychc complete words without ruining the formatting of the text box. Possibly a few other things, but that's all I'm wanting to do at the moment, it's not a major concern, I can live without doing it, but it'd be nice to do.
Old January 5th, 2012, 12:50 PM
MightyHeracross
Unhatched Egg

ive heard that there is a "supercard" that i can use to play roms of hacked pokemon games on my ds/lite/i/3ds. Is this true? How do i do it? I have all 4 gens of the DS, so which supercard should i get? How much are they?

thanks for all your help!!
Old January 6th, 2012, 09:05 PM
pzfreez7
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via AIM to pzfreez7
I tried to patch a liquid crystal ips file onto a fire red rom, and lunar ips said "successfully patched!" but the file remained unchanged. Could it be the fire red file I am using? Thanks
Old January 6th, 2012, 11:42 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzfreez7 View Post
I tried to patch a liquid crystal ips file onto a fire red rom, and lunar ips said "successfully patched!" but the file remained unchanged. Could it be the fire red file I am using? Thanks
Yes, it could be, or it could be 150 more possibilities =)
Try the first you suggested and see what happens =)

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old January 7th, 2012, 11:28 PM
pokejohn01
Beginning Trainer

i have desmume 0.9.6 x 86 and when playing pokemon white (only just started) have just noticed no exp after a battle.

now i have seen that people have said that they need to download a patched rom but i know the rom is good as i got it from my r4 card in the ds and it works fine and gets exp from battles.

so is there something i can do to fix the desmume emulator as it is not the rom that is the problem?
Old January 8th, 2012, 11:55 PM
pokejohn01
Beginning Trainer

i have desmume and it works with pokemon white but no exp. but the rom works good and with exp on the ds.
so is there a fix for this as i have seen fixes for roms but my rom is good
Old January 9th, 2012, 04:36 AM
leafjammer
Beginning Trainer

so i got an r4 and it is ttds kernel 1.17a12 a few months back it was working fine and now it is suck in ttds is loading and it wont load help!!!!!:'(
Old January 9th, 2012, 03:43 PM
BOBcorevette
Beginning Trainer

When running Mac Boy Advance and loading a game it makes the screen half pink and half the game(red version & and newest Mac OS). Has anyone else had this problem on Mac and know how to fix it? Or any other good emulators that work on mac?

thanks!
Old January 10th, 2012, 03:02 AM
leafjammer
Beginning Trainer

Hey i've been posting because of my problem so this is it how do i fix my ttds wont load it keeps loading but not load help
Old January 12th, 2012, 04:07 AM
pokejohn01
Beginning Trainer

i need some help with this no exp thing.
my rom works fine but the emulator desmume wont give exp when playing pokemon white on it.
if i play it on the ds i get exp, so there is nothing wrong with the rom and i dont need to patch the rom

edit: ok problem solved. i found a action replay code for the xp problem and now it works

Last edited by pokejohn01; January 12th, 2012 at 03:16 PM.
Old January 15th, 2012, 06:16 AM
pokemonfreek24

im Running he Latest VBA Link so i can play through Firered
Problem is that i cant save so no trading all that happens is it says *saving* and then stays there eternally
the weird thing is i started gain on a diff File (need something to trade to) and it worked absolutely fine so what can i do?
Old February 2nd, 2012, 05:07 PM
Jill Valentine
Nexios Leader

Nature: Sassy
did'nt know where to post this probably here anyways umm I'm making a Firered Hack based on Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire but I need help this first is the message when you start firered you know the one with pikachu at the top how can I changed the text there Also where on here can I get help with the professors script I need help
Old February 2nd, 2012, 11:42 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill Valentine View Post
did'nt know where to post this probably here anyways umm I'm making a Firered Hack based on Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire but I need help this first is the message when you start firered you know the one with pikachu at the top how can I changed the text there Also where on here can I get help with the professors script I need help
Professor's script can be changed with A-Text or better by using Hex Editor.

Old February 3rd, 2012, 02:27 PM
Tman109ner

1. Is it possible to have all the pokemon (through Gen 5), or at least through gen 4, on a FR/LG or a R/S/E rom? if so how?
2. How do you put the overworld pokemon sprites in on a rom map?

Last edited by Tman109ner; February 3rd, 2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old February 4th, 2012, 12:20 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman109ner View Post
1. Is it possible to have all the pokemon (through Gen 5), or at least through gen 4, on a FR/LG or a R/S/E rom? if so how?
2. How do you put the overworld pokemon sprites in on a rom map?
1. Not possible yet.
2. ROM map? Do you mean world map or map in game?
If you mean in-game map then just put them like normal OW :D
If you mean world map then I don't think that's possible =D

Old February 6th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Jill Valentine
Nexios Leader

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

Professor's script can be changed with A-Text or better by using Hex Editor.
I use pksvui and I know how to change it but there was a bunch of stuff when I opened it I got confused and I still need help with that welcome message also now I got a problem I really need help with Ive completed Littleroot, route 101,olddale,Route 102,route 103 and petalburg everything fine scripts, warps, changed music, wild pokemon nothing wrong any ways I made route 104 the map works fine I connected it to Petalburg now my Petalburg map frezes when I enter it when it worked fine before
Old February 8th, 2012, 06:02 AM
G-Six
Beginning Trainer

hey guys,

pretty dumb question maybe but, where can I get support for a little bigger problem? I have a Scripting problem and have to post a few files to get help. But I don't quite know where to post it '

~g-six
Old February 10th, 2012, 12:49 AM
Perry_
Beginning Trainer

Just looking for an IPS patcher for macs, havent played hacks since my PC days
Old February 10th, 2012, 01:17 AM
zantetsu122

Go to Suicune's Expert Emerald, I think I saw a Patcher for MAC.
E: 0/8
D/P: 0/8
B: 0/8
Ultimate Solo Challenge:
Excadrill: 0/8( still confirming.)
Dragonite; LG>LC>E>PT>BB/VW(still confirming)
Random Solo Challenge Platinum 0/8:
Snorlax
Milotic
Luxray
Pelipper
Mamoswine
Lickylicky
0/8
Old February 10th, 2012, 01:43 AM
Perry_
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantetsu122 View Post
Go to Suicune's Expert Emerald, I think I saw a Patcher for MAC.
Checked it, couldnt find anything
Old February 10th, 2012, 02:16 AM
mysteryme
Togepi

I am busy with my fire red hack, and I am always testing it. I made it up to gym 2. it all worked perfect. I just edited some trainers on the next route but when i try to launch the game in vba, it only gives me a white screen! the game won't load. my previous demo (till mt.moon) is working perfect, but my new beta just gives me a white screen.

what could it be?
Old February 10th, 2012, 02:59 AM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Six View Post
hey guys,

pretty dumb question maybe but, where can I get support for a little bigger problem? :S I have a Scripting problem and have to post a few files to get help. But I don't quite know where to post it ^_^'

~g-six
If it's a scripting problem then you should post in the Script Help Thread. Just write a reply with your script in it and the chances are that somebody will be able to help. Uploading files generally isn't necessary to get your problem solved :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteryme View Post
I am busy with my fire red hack, and I am always testing it. I made it up to gym 2. it all worked perfect. I just edited some trainers on the next route but when i try to launch the game in vba, it only gives me a white screen! the game won't load. my previous demo (till mt.moon) is working perfect, but my new beta just gives me a white screen.

what could it be?
If you're encountering a never ending white screen then you have most likely overwritten or corrupted important data while you were editing your ROM. It is next to impossible to recover from this so the best/ easiest thing to do is to start work from your most recent working file and reinsert all of your newer improvements. Be sure to use safe offsets and back up your files regularly to prevent this from happening again!

Sponsored Links

Advertise here