• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Tyranee

Can't read my Poke'-face!
Years
Hum. That would appear to be one of those glitches.

King Meteor isn't on Gym Island, so that's one question down. Using Rock Smash on the rock under the dock at Dewford (if that's the one you mean) should trigger a wild battle with Roclobster. The Stadium, unfortunately, will never open. Regret, didn't catch.

In other news:

POKéMON KERATIN IS HERE!

Click here for the thread of the sort-of sequel to Snakewood - the one that's fully free of bugs.

No no I mean the Gym leader who's a rock. Leader Un-something. His gym is the one with the invisible walls.

King Meteor isn't on the island? K. I got teleported back to Madio caves and saw a bunch of dragons off the side of the screen so I figured I was supposed to go there. My bad. Also YAY will definitely be checking out Keratin soooner rather than later.

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
Excellent work, would have liked to see harder battles ('cept for wattson I haven't died.. and I gave his L100s a run for their money) easier puzzles (x=2, now find Y.) less taoists (the obvious team in this) and more zombies, corpses and desolation. Your lack to achieve what your startgame began and your endgame killed in this is the only flaw I can find but it's more one of preference than actual bugginess. Overall.. you lost me in rustboro with the frankenstein igor bit, but oh well. You should have named this Wormwood. [[Oh, and the reason there isn't actually any inter-person fighting is person A throws punch / threatens person b. person b whips out a level 5 pokemon and catches person a on fire. person a burns to death whilst screaming.]]

Yes.. also I had a glitch occur where I went into Necropolis.. in the room of 4 pits.. no scripts or warps worked and my hair turned black with a couple white dots (horns?) so as I don't want to kill myself (idclev19 endgame room) had to fly out and go through abandoned mine again etc etc.
but seriously.. fix the glitches. I'm on the mountain after getting glitch-stuck in endless water planes with afro dude, had to fly out, made it back to the mountaintop and theres senex just chillin there wont do a thing for me, he's glitched to.
really?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2015
Oh my, those two small children trapped between the trees east of Rustboro...

I'm not very far at all, but I have to say that this is definitely the funniest hack I have ever played. :D

RaichuLover66

Electric and Fire Type Tranier
Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2012
Hello, um i set up a profile just to say something, In my game i glitched into the woods where you get that Totodile but i can't seem to get back out and i really don't want to start over. I'm sure i was spouse to do that considering i got a totodile but now i can't get out no matter how many times i try

SaiyanNox

Supreme Master of Dango
Years
Hello, um i set up a profile just to say something, In my game i glitched into the woods where you get that Totodile but i can't seem to get back out and i really don't want to start over. I'm sure i was spouse to do that considering i got a totodile but now i can't get out no matter how many times i try
try using the pokemon ruby walkthrough walls gameshark code

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2014
God, this game is awesome. I laughed when I saw the Denjuu. I haven't played that game in a long time. Kuriputo looks more like a ground type than a grass type.

Last edited:

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
Starting to become a broken record and waiting on answer to where Shaderu is, I have the ticket but have absolutely no idea what to do with it...

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
Oh my, those two small children trapped between the trees east of Rustboro...

I'm not very far at all, but I have to say that this is definitely the funniest hack I have ever played. :D

Thanks. You flatter me.

Can anyone tell me if the pikachus in petalburg woods hold lightballs plz

They do, 5% of the time.

God, this game is awesome. I laughed when I saw the Denjuu. I haven't played that game in a long time. Kuriputo looks more like a ground type than a grass type.

Ah, but Kuriputo is a Forest-type Denjuu, and the closest I can get to that in Pokémon is a Grass-type. Anyway, I'm glad you like it.

Starting to become a broken record and waiting on answer to where Shaderu is, I have the ticket but have absolutely no idea what to do with it...

I'm starting to think that the ticket doesn't do anything, since I removed the ferry service and can't seem to find Shaderu's island. In fact, I don't think Shaderu's in the game at all - or at least, not in mine. Something weird is happening, and I don't much like it.

To all of you experiencing glitches: you're not forgotten! Help will soon be on its way, as someone has very kindly created a fixed version of Snakewood, with the bugs ironed out. Once I've given it a quick test, I'll put it up here - though I think it may mean that everyone will have to restart.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2014
Yeah, hey y'all, I've been watching this game on an LP by a guy on YouTube, and I wanted to play it. I've got Snakewood in a file, and a clean ruby. I also have a VBA, but I don't know how to get Snakewood to work. help?

Years
Actually, never mind. I just beat her with a team of lvl. 37s. Not that tough, really.

But now there's a big problem. When I landed in Fortree City, everything became glitched up. From videos I have seen on Youtube, there are supposed to be scripted events taking place, but none of them are happening when I pass through certain areas. No zombies, no trainers, but just this:

screwup.png

I try to go south, but when I start to slide down the muddy wall, the game freezes and crashes. Am I forgetting to update a patch or something?

Last edited:
Years
I hope this glitch free version does work, I had a really scary glitch happen to me over a month ago. I would post the video link but unfortunately I don't have 15 posts and I don't intend to post around trying to raise my post count for that reason >w>

Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2022
Why did my mystery egg evolve into a secret egg instead of the hyperegg I saw on the first page? no entei for me?

EDIT: also where to go after helping the sage?

EDIT#2: ignore the first edit

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2014
Yeah, hey y'all, I've been watching this game on an LP by a guy on YouTube, and I wanted to play it. I've got Snakewood in a file, and a clean ruby. I also have a VBA, but I don't know how to get Snakewood to work. help?

Do you have just the zip of snakewood? Or did you apply the ips to the clean Ruby yet?

I hope this glitch free version does work, I had a really scary glitch happen to me over a month ago. I would post the video link but unfortunately I don't have 15 posts and I don't intend to post around trying to raise my post count for that reason >w>

I played this hack from start to finish, more or less, and I only encountered 2 glitches. None of which were enough to interfere with progress. It's up to you in the end however.

Why did my mystery egg evolve into a secret egg instead of the hyperegg I saw on the first page? no entei for me?

EDIT: also where to go after helping the sage?

EDIT#2: ignore the first edit

Mysteryegg ---> Secretegg ---> Hyperegg ---> Stone

Though the Hyperegg has very good stats, and with a STAB Egg Bomb is pretty tough. Up to you if you want to evolve it or not!

Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
Does anyone know how many Lord of the Rings references there are? I consider it to be one of the best series ever.

AZI

Years
Download below

This is probably the last update. You can get all 10 Broken Hearts (there were problems with 50) and catch Shaderu. Please note that in order to get all Broken Hearts, you will have to restart the game. I've also removed that house in Petalburg that takes you to Route 121.

this means its final version ??? .. sorry but theres just to many pages and im lazy :(

Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
What do I do After I find meteor's daughter? Do I go to that city where in the regular ruby game it had the flying type gym leader or go to mossdeep city? And is there a text walkthrough for this hack?

Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2022
to the guy above just keep going south and around go towards mount pyre.

my question is where can i find the 8th gym leader after I beat him?

Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
@uran
Go to the solar caverns. Its on the first island you can get to. But I beat the main story just now so I don't need an answer to my question. It's my favorite hack I've played so far and that's counting light platinum, this, and LoG. If there weren't so many bugs it could probably be the best hack ever.

Back