• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Shiny

content creator on twitch
Years
i've heard of several anglican and protestant churches that are pretty liberal minded and embrace the lgbtq* community. :-)
i really think that, for christianity as a whole, it's just catholicism that's remaining inflexible when it comes to topics like these.

Yeah my bestfriend's father is a Anglican Reverend (think that's what his role is called) and he fully embraces the queer community and even let's me sleep in his daughter's bed (nothing happens but yes).

It's really nice because at my old church they used to not look down, but discourage the "gay lifestyle" and it really annoyed me, as religion at that time was a part of my life.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
The closest I've ever seen is the "hate the sin, not the sinner" fallacy which quite frankly is just not good enough.

And it isn't good enough for me as well. That line seems to just be used to make people feel better about their judgmental ways. Because they never seem to "love the sinner but hate the fact that they disrespect their parents" or "hate the fact that they feel jealous of their neighbor." That's because those "sins" are more acceptable by society at large.

That's why I am glad there are Christians out there that don't follow that line.

Briar said:
i think it all comes down to what you really believe in. even though some of my "brothers and sisters in faith" are disagreeable, the community itself shouldn't discourage me from calling myself a christian. it's what i believe in that should define me as a christian, not my community.

Yeah, that's is why I am who I am today. :3 At the time I didn't know or think that, but as I grew up I realized it didn't matter what everyone else thought; I am me, and that was that. ^___^

Last edited:

Harmonie

Winds ღ
Years
Do not get me started on homosexuality and the Bible. Just don't. =P

The fact of the matter is I just don't buy being against homosexuality as a "religious belief". It's more of an excuse, and hiding hatred behind the Bible. You can't deny it, we've seen it happen with other groups as well, like women.

Once society evolves, these verses always get declared as irrelevant, but beforehand they are treated like they are above the Ten Commandments which couldn't possibly annoy me anymore. It's all too clear what is going on here. It's not a religious belief in the least. It is a natural hate toward homosexuality being masked as a religious belief.

And that is why you don't want to get me started. lol

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
The closest I've ever seen is the "hate the sin, not the sinner" fallacy which quite frankly is just not good enough.
Whenever someone tries to use the "Hate the sin, not the sinner." line, I use a saying of my own: "Hate nothing."

It's not your place to hate as a Christian, who's God loves the world and every living creature. It's something you should strive to get rid of completely...

That's more my own personality talking rather than actual Christianity though, as it seems very few Christians share this belief with me.

(Sorry if I'm getting too... uh, emotional I guess. This conversation has just made me realize how much it bugs me when Christians act like this. =/)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I love you. I don't care if you're a woman, marry me.

I support this wholeheartedly. Scarf x Shining Raichu

Though I can't wait to hear how this goes over with single and divorced parents. That should raise a ruckus with them, and since they are straight, THEY'LL be listened to. >____< (Ok, likely, they won't be and that is even more annoying. >___<)

Single and divorced parents are pretty much in the same boat, honestly, at least in Catholicism. Single parents aren't considered a full family unit because they had sex outside of marriage which is a sin, and divorce...doesn't exist in the Catholic church. After decades of not being part of it, when my mom went back, she had to prove that the marriage wasn't legitimate in the eyes of the Catholic church in order to get it annuled. Because an annulment isn't just a Catholic divorce, it's literally saying that the two people, when they got married, weren't in a position to make that decision for some reason or another (they felt pressured due to an unexpected pregnancy, one partner didn't reveal themselves fully until after the marriage was complete, or a lack of wish to have children are common reasons). Basically saying the marriage never existed, not like a divorce where it's "the marriage existed, then it ended". So a divorced couple, unless they're annuled, are wrong in the eyes of the Church.

Magdalena~

Feel the hnnnnggg
Years
I've never seen it once with my own eyes outside of the Internet. In my experience, religion has truly become synonymous with intolerance and I haven't once seen anything in my own life which contradicts that.
The only two churches I ever remember being to in my life were exceedingly accepting. It was practically insane how much understanding and completely blind acceptance I got from the people in the second church. By blind acceptance, I mean when I came in the first time dressed in girl clothes, not passing even remotely and going by a perfectly obvious female name, no one asked any questions or showed me any contempt, whether direct or oblique, and everyone was very pleasant. Everyone gladly called me the name I introduced myself with too and didn't even seem awkward when they said it.
I can't emphasise this enough. A lot of Christians are supportive of LGBTcetera.

I also am in the same boat with Envy--it's nothing to do with actually being religious, at its core.

Years
I love you. I don't care if you're a woman, marry me.
Sorry, sweet cheeks, but I'm not the marrying type. ;D

Whenever someone tries to use the "Hate the sin, not the sinner." line, I use a saying of my own: "Hate nothing."
I'm going to steal this line from you.

And here's a little piece of news. It seems that the Girl Scouts USA are having some people trying to start a boycott of their cookies because the Scouts allow trans kids into their ranks. Who knew that they were cool with trans kids? That's a nice surprise for a change, but the regressive people getting upset with it is a bit of a downer.

Oh, here's an [article] 'bout it.

Edit: Looks like someone already brought this up over in OC.

Last edited:

Magdalena~

Feel the hnnnnggg
Years
Oh my sister showed me this yesterday. I think it's so sweet. ^^ I spent most of my childhood as an "honourary Girl Scout" (my mother was a troop leader and my sister and all her friends were scouts, so I kind of had to haha) so the Girl Scouts are really very close to my heart <3

She goes on to note, "I am asking you to take action with me and boycott Girl Scout Cookies."
-Cue 50% of everyone who has read this article to each buy enough cookies for themselves and her combined-

Offtopic: I love Do-Si-Dos. <3

Harmonie

Winds ღ
Years
I didn't know that Girl Scouts allowed trans people either, but that is certainly a good thing!

I tried reading the article, but got to the part (in the first sentence, I believe) where the words "radical homosexual agenda" were put, and I just couldn't even bring myself to read it even further. Even if the article itself is neutral, just seeing that anybody said something so ridiculous puts me off from reading about it any further.

The worst thing is that it's not even about homosexuality, right? It's about somebody being transgendered. So not only is the concept of a "homosexual agenda" one of the most ridiculous things ever, but gender identity has NOTHING to do with homosexuality.

I'm sorry, but how are people this dumb? Just how is it even possible?

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
Sorry, sweet cheeks, but I'm not the marrying type. ;D

I'm going to steal this line from you.

And here's a little piece of news. It seems that the Girl Scouts USA are having some people trying to start a boycott of their cookies because the Scouts allow trans kids into their ranks. Who knew that they were cool with trans kids? That's a nice surprise for a change, but the regressive people getting upset with it is a bit of a downer.

Oh, here's an [article] 'bout it.

Edit: Looks like someone already brought this up over in OC.

I had no idea the Girl Scouts were accepting of transgendered children! :D That is amazing! And I don't know why, but I get the feeling the boycott won't be too effective. Idk why, must be a gut thing. xD

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
I already posted about this in the OC, but I'll recap some of my opinions here. First of all, it was wonderful news to hear that the Girl Scouts accept transgirls, and it was horrible news to hear that someone was so viciously against it. If I ever have the chance to buy Girl Scout cookies, I'll buy even more than I would originally. This boycott girl will probably only increase the sales of cookies, not the other way around. ^_^

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Does anyone else find it strange that the Girl Scouts accepted a transgender girl but the Boy Scouts won't accept gay boys or leaders? Although I heard somewhere (secondhand so don't quote me on this) that the girl was only accepted after public pressure.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Does anyone else find it strange that the Girl Scouts accepted a transgender girl but the Boy Scouts won't accept gay boys or leaders? Although I heard somewhere (secondhand so don't quote me on this) that the girl was only accepted after public pressure.
They don't accept gay boys in the Boy Scouts? Yeah, that does seem strange. I wonder if the Girl Scouts accept lesbians....

I read in an article yesterday that the girl in question was accepted after public pressure, yes. Means we need more public pressure to let every child, regardless of sexuality or gender identity, be a part of the Scouts.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Wait, what? I'm not very versed on the idea of scouts in general, but I thought boy and girl scouts were something that happened in the younger years before sexual preference is even an issue in a kid's life. How would they know an 8-year-old boy scout is gay?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Boy Scouts can be older as well, in my year there was an Eagle Scout (high ranking boy scout). They start young but grow up in the program.

Boy Scouts of America believes that homosexual conduct is inconsistent with the obligations in the Scout Oath and Scout Law to be morally straight and clean in thought, word, and deed. The conduct of youth members must be in compliance with the Scout Oath and Law, and membership in Boy Scouts of America is contingent upon the willingness to accept Scouting's values and beliefs. Most boys join Scouting when they are 10 or 11 years old. As they continue in the program, all Scouts are expected to take leadership positions. In the unlikely event that an older boy were to hold himself out as homosexual, he would not be able to continue in a youth leadership position.

They had that on their website for a while and then took it down but that's their official stance on it. They've kicked out adult leaders in the past before too for being gay.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
Years
So there saying your pure if your a scout? I doubt all scouts are 100 % good. To think I was in the program many years ago ugh...

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
"morally straight and clean in word, thought and deed"

I didn't realise the scouts were a religious program.

I wouldn't necessarily say that that makes them religious, just... morally sound. Although I do know from personal experience that the scouts I've been apart of were HIGHLY religious, it even took place in a church. I think the religious aspect of the scouts would vary from place to place, as well as accepting gays or not. I know that the scout leader here would not only accept, but embrace gay scouts.

Magdalena~

Feel the hnnnnggg
Years
So there saying your pure if your a scout? I doubt all scouts are 100 % good. To think I was in the program many years ago ugh...
I once joined the Cub Scouts for like a day . . . During the first meeting we all had a bathroom break in there and everyone was waving their things around wildly and laughing and shooting pee all over the walls. There were no separators between the urinals so I had to lean into the urinal, literally touching it because I'm modest. That's all I remember of the experience. I didn't want to ever see the organisation again after that.

Anyway to get to the point, this doesn't exactly read clean to me, and most of the boys there actually had signs of having been in the scouts for a while...

Back