Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design
Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 15th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Brane
-

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...rockhead-1.png

Have been wanting to comment on this for a while now, but just haven't gotten around to doing so As for colours and composition I don't find anything wrong with it, not exactly my mix of colours but that doesn't matter. As for that light on the right of the image, I don't know if that's supposed to be coming out of the 'missing' piece in the background if thats what it is, but it seems to round and end too soon before the image which is something that catches my eye. If it isn't supposed to a sort of beam of light, then I think it's a bit awkwardly done because the focus for me seems to be too far to the right of the render. It also seems that that light doesn't match up with the shadows on the render which seem to be at more of a 45 degree angle, and not so much coming from the side.

But otherwise, good piece!
Old December 16th, 2011, 05:53 AM
moments.
{quixotic}
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Calm
You wanted to comment on the gallery, or that one piece? It only went up the other day. xP
Anyway, thanks for the comments!

twitteryoutubetumblr

Old December 18th, 2011, 05:15 AM
moments.
{quixotic}

Pure experimental goodness cause I don't like doing the same old.
twitteryoutubetumblr

Old December 18th, 2011, 06:45 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
pretty damn creative, and a really nice idea, I love it. Only crit would probably be the loss of the focus, which is the legs right? They seem to be more in the background than in focus. :3
There was nothing. Followed by everything. Swirling, burning specks of creation that circled life-giving suns. And then we reached to the light.

Old December 19th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Anyu
A Fragile Pokéball

Nature: Relaxed
Wow the third one is just....
Awesome.
Old December 20th, 2011, 05:06 PM
moments.
{quixotic}

Mew~, the focal ended up being the top of the pants, where it would like meet the stomach type area, but I can see what you mean.

Thanks for the comment Anyu!
twitteryoutubetumblr

Old December 22nd, 2011, 04:57 PM
Anastasia.R
Time Gear Thief

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Anastasia.R Send a message via Skype™ to Anastasia.R
MOMENTS!
I'm here to give some love to this gallery. Why? Because I can, and you're cool.

I gotta ask, why the single colored boxes? I was just wondering, it's interesting, but I'm just wondering why you put it.

I likes both of these, I think the second banner has much better focus on the render though than the first one.
I like the first banner because of the effects, flow and depth in the banner. Overall, I really just like the look of both of them. ^..^
Old December 27th, 2011, 04:13 AM
moments.
{quixotic}

Solid boxes, not really sure, just like the look of them. Saw them in some other tags I used as inspiration and thought I'd give it a whirl. ;)

Yeah the first tag got the quality irked at some stage of adjustments and stuff, so it went a bit claggy...
But thanks for the comments! :D

I sent a started version of this to Kaori for a collab, but this is how I finished it up. Shall edit whenever she gets around to it. ;)

Another.
twitteryoutubetumblr

Last edited by moments.; December 27th, 2011 at 05:17 AM.
Old December 27th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Brane
-

The colours and composition in both images are nice, but I'm going to have to say that the focals are too drowned out. It took me a solid few minutes to even realise there was a figure in the first tag, and there seems to be too much floating infront of the person in the second causing it to loose some depth. Thats really all I can say at the moment.
Old January 5th, 2012, 05:38 AM
moments.
{quixotic}

Thanks for the comments brane! the only person who loves me

Battle.

First of 2012.

Yep.

Experimental.
twitteryoutubetumblr

Old January 7th, 2012, 05:11 AM
Renyui!
mesc

Nature: Hasty
hworang.png
The only real issue with this tag is that the focal feels fairly out of place. But then again, one isn't really sure what would be in place, and because it was for a competition (although you did start it yourself) it does fit for the necessary theme. Colours blend well though, and the depth is unique and well pulled off.

No other real issues with this one, although the clipping mask seemed an odd way to blend the focal. It's pretty much amazing!

soviet.png
Woo, 2012! Pretty funky dude in this one, but the left of the piece seems to be feeling left out. Maybe spice it up a little with some of your fancy stocks or smudging? i totally have regained my gfx judging ability and i totally know the terminology, shuttup.
The text is contrasted well with the focal, but it is a little off-putting trying to figure out what you wanted as the focal. Also the yellow splattery things winning at jargon are well placed and suit it well. Nice start to the year!

split.png
I actually really like this one, and I don't know if it's just me. The simplicity of the piece altogether is appealing and really draws me in. the lighting and colours in the stock go together nicely while the skull thing on the other side complements it nicely. The only thing that slightly irks me is the fact that it's a skull, and it seems somewhat out of place.

Otherwise, it's really eye catching and pleasant. Good work!

flyeye.png
This piece is also really cool. The contrasted colours of the stock are nicely juxtaposed with the background, and the pattern on the left also compliments it nicely. The grainy texture in this piece also compliments the weird and unusual-ness of the stock. The only issue with this one is that other than the crazy focal, it might strike some as a bit bland. Crazy, I know!

Woo, first crit in a while! (b")b
monomonomania
playin': Don't Starve, Injustice: Gods Among Us
Old January 8th, 2012, 05:40 AM
moments.
{quixotic}

Thanks for the comments! :D

Yes it is too sharp.

With and without motion blur. <3
twitteryoutubetumblr

Old January 14th, 2012, 04:47 PM
derozio
Shingeki no Bahamut is awesome
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Moo your works are becoming excessively awesome and it is getting harder for me to crit 'em. ;;

Anyway!

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...li/hworang.png

I like the colors and the positioning. But I'm not so sure about all that extra space on the right. Idk..but it just irks me. But yeah, you did a wonderful job with the stock. Better than anything I could've done. lol

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...lli/soviet.png

Looking good. I would've loved to see some more effects on this tag, though. For now, it feels like you've played safe by keeping the effects to min. And it is a little too dark for my tastes, as I've mentioned earlier, but yeah, nice. ;P

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...alli/split.png
Out of all the pieces you've posted, I probably like this one the most. Wait, I like the experimental work better. So it makes this one my second fave? Anyway..I like the colors, lighting (although a little heavy at some places. Just lil' bit. Those places? Above her head and near her ear. That's just me though, I guess!) and I like how you've placed that skull at the right. May seem random, but it adds a lot to the tag. I like it. <3;

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...lli/flyeye.png
This is hot. <3

Time for the second post!

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...li/batmann.png
Hmm, idk, this looks weak. The monotone, lack of different effects and the weird focal. I mean, my eyes get drawn to the splattered brush thingy faster than it does to B-man's face. The focal, if it is b-man's face as I'm assuming it to be, is somewhat lost. At least for me. And all the monotone doesn't help it. The lighting at the chest is a little iffy. So, the overly strong splatter, the monotone and the..weird-ish lighting at his chest takes a lot away from this piece. Defs not one of your better tags. :o

As for those last two pieces: I like 'em. I really do. But the one with motion blur..I kinda wish the motion blur was a little more prominent. :P

...lol i am such a n00b. i not know how to crit. ;;
Credit // Theme // Pair // I'm a violinist.Kaori
Old January 16th, 2012, 07:43 PM
moments.
{quixotic}

They are far from perfect Dero, thanks for the comments though! <3

Similar to the above, minus stock and plus some small detailing, but still a WIP. I'm thinking of cropping and adding a sprite or something in there.
twitteryoutubetumblr

Old January 18th, 2012, 05:26 AM
moments.
{quixotic}

Trying stuff.

ToTF entry for 'Colour'.

Here are two older ones I forgot to post! :O

Experimenting in both really.
twitteryoutubetumblr

Old January 24th, 2012, 03:41 AM
moments.
{quixotic}

when there are no threads left for me to post in G&P, I triple post my own gallery cause it's the only place I can </3

buttondown.png

Warning, that piece is massive. Just testing the waters of a larger canvas. 'Tis an album cover for Rowan's band. Just cause he asked and I needed a place to start. <3
twitteryoutubetumblr

Old February 5th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Rest
Showstealer Pro: Trial Version

Nature: Careful
1st tag - Solid. I'd lose the faint gray lines across the render though, and the gray is messing with the strong background color. I like the extra on the left, it adds a little something to the tag overall. I'd try going for a red gradient clip for the gas logo though, or a clipping mask with the black from the background. I don't feel the B/W right now. Also, the faint gray-scale gradient behind the logo is a nice touch (it looks like there's a gradient though, I might be mistaken, ahah).

2nd tag - Very cool. Love the intense colours. Glad you didn't put a render, it'll kill the entirety of the tag. Lose the blue curves on the mid-top though. The blue below the middle is too sharp and cluttered, mate. Otherwise, great!

3rd tag - Colours are hot, and the background is sick. Focus is simple but effective. Spot-on tag.

4rd tag - A sprite of some sort or an anime render will look great on this. It can stand as a tag when left untouched, but a text or logo can spruce up the empty left.

LP - On it's own, I don't find the colour attractive, and I don't like the bokeh here. Text feels raw. The bird things are not doing anything. The whole thing should be redone! I feel like this is a step down from what you can do in this, this and this.

You're very good, man. I enjoy browsing your work. :D
Old February 7th, 2012, 01:51 PM
moments.
{quixotic}

Thanks for the comments, Rest! :D
No updates as of yet, lacking a bit of inspiration currently. But I'll be back on the horse soon!
twitteryoutubetumblr

Old February 12th, 2012, 07:51 PM
moments.
{quixotic}

Spoiler:

Just playing around with the collage look. It isn't finished, obviously, but I just wanted to post some art cause it's been a while. <3
twitteryoutubetumblr

Old February 12th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Brane
-

Your non finished work is better then my finish work :O

Not much I can really comment on at this stage, other then the fact that I don't like how the paper is JUST touching the top. I'd prefer it to be a little cut off or have a little space I guess, but that could just be me. The text is a tad difficult to read, but I don't know how else you would do it unless you changed the colour of the text on the white paper to that reddish orange in the piece.
Old February 27th, 2012, 01:05 AM
moments.
{quixotic}

New found love for icons. Finally found out how to do a new style, and definitely liking how it's turning out.
feel free to shoot me down in flames and brimstone

twitteryoutubetumblr

Last edited by moments.; February 27th, 2012 at 04:54 AM.
Old March 5th, 2012, 03:43 AM
moments.
{quixotic}

Yay for more experimental WIPs!

twitteryoutubetumblr

Last edited by moments.; March 8th, 2012 at 04:09 AM.
Old March 7th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Rest
Showstealer Pro: Trial Version

Nature: Careful
General comments, moo. :3

In the 24 tag, your colors are washed out, mate. There's a dullness to it, and it hurts your tag a lot. I don't know how you'd get it though; too much adjustment layers, maybe? Regardless, it's a nice concept and I like the texture spam at the bottom and the blue background. The thing at top-left isn't great though, and the square-lighten on the focal isn't really attractive. Again, colors are the main problem here, and the tag could be miles better if it were more vibrant.

If the whole thing in the Paint tag 100% handmade, you're fantastic. Again, the colors look washed out. From what I've seen, soft-brushing is never great as a color tool unless it's for lighting, and this is what I see with the orange soft-brushing at the right side.

As for the Transist tag, get rid of the text, the foreground rust and the focal's platform thing and you get a great, atmospheric tag I reckon. It could benefit from greater contrast though.

Good job, matey. KIU. =3

P.S. And about that text tag, you'll have to wait out a bit, good sir. Haven't been feeling like doing one lately, actually, but I'll have it done soon. c:

Last edited by Rest; March 7th, 2012 at 11:42 AM.
Old March 13th, 2012, 03:05 AM
moments.
{quixotic}

<3

Battle with Counterfeit, got slain miserably with honour

Experimentals again. :'D
twitteryoutubetumblr

Old April 7th, 2012, 07:16 AM
moments.
{quixotic}

Made for a battle a few weeks ago.

And a poster I made for a fundraising night me, and group of friends are organising.
Link.
It's big, but unless you go full size, you won't see the details in the background, but it's primarily the typography that's the focus really.
twitteryoutubetumblr

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links