The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

View Poll Results: Stunfisk or Emolga?
Stunfisk (memes ftw) 22 35.48%
Emolga (amazing annoyance ftw) 40 64.52%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 15th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori

This week's poll is pretty derpish, and a bit annoying too! Let's hope we can get some real debates on this. 8D

So which will it be for you? STUNFISK? OR EMOLGA?
& if you didn't get the clue last time, we WANT debates and we WANT you to keep posting who you think is better with some pretty good points. If you believe the one you've voted really DOES deserve to be the winner, keep at it! Ain't NOTHING wrong with that. tyvm kthnxbai etc

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old January 15th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Forever
let it go

Stunfisk. No question.

Sorry guys but Stunfisk has an entire style dedicated to it (Stunfisk'd) Emolga just has its gym leader with a style on it. CLEARLY NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO GET ITS OWN STYLE. Plus! Stunfisk also has its own DBE page, Emolga certainly can't say that.

Stunfisk also has a sexy typing, while Emolga is similar to Pachirisu, yeaaaaaah. I went there.

Stunfisk: Still derpin' up your B/W polls.

Also I posted this on Stunfisk'd. Complete loyalty. :)
Old January 15th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
I'm using Stunfisk'd right now. Why cause it is winning. Emolga is just another Pikachu clone HOW ORIGINAL! Stunfisk typing is amazing as well.

Ironically both of these pokemon are on the main cast team in the anime Stunfisk(Cilan) and Emolga(Iris) and from what I have seen Emolga is really really annoying. Probably my least favorite pokemon the main cast currently have. The Volt Switch gag was only funny so long. I just wish Stunfisk would get some more love darn Pansage hogging the screen time and Crustle hogging the battles.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old January 15th, 2012, 10:01 AM
quilzel
net start w3svc

Nature: Quirky
Emolga, its cute, and electric. Granted very similar to Pikachu, but still. And the theme with the gym leader is only in the banner, everything else is Emolga. How could you say no to this:

Besides Professor Oak knows best:

Spoiler:
Old January 15th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Gamercoke
Slacker

Nature: Calm
To me It's a derpfish vs. a flying electric squirrel. So I've gotta give it to Emolga!

Even though Emolga can be annoying, I've still gotta give it to Emolga!
Old January 15th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Emolga is just too cute so that's who gets my vote ;_;

Team αlpha
Old January 15th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Yoshikkko

Nature: Adamant
Stunfisk is just .. I don't understand if it was just really meant as a joke or what? Just I can't even find the right words to express the way I feel about that Pokémon haha.

And I LOVE Emolga's ears and just design overall, might be similar to Pikachu but it's a whole different concept.
Old January 15th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Eucliffe
E N T E R T A I N E R
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Eucliffe Send a message via Skype™ to Eucliffe
Emolga may be another Pikaclone, but out of all the Pikaclones (and Pikachu, not counting Raichu) it has the highest base stat total. Not only that, but it gets an immunity to Ground (with the exception of items/attacks/etc. that ground it). In addition to that, it's speedy enough to pull off Volt Switch AND U-turn to help beat the crap out of tough Pokemon.

Derpfisk, on the other hand, does have a higher base stat total and can use Rock attacks against Emolga, but it has more weaknesses (most of the types it's weak against are also very common in-game) and is rather slow. On top of that, it can't learn Volt Switch and use its Ground moves against Emolga too easily. And if pitted against a Motor Drive Emolga, it can't use ANY STAB moves against it with a chance of success. At the very least Emolga has Flying type moves, though those aren't too effective against Stunfisk.

Oh, and Emolga is much cuter and has a better design (I like its design most of Pikachu and the Pikaclones~). Also Batmolga comic Kaori got her avvie from.
Old January 15th, 2012, 11:45 AM
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Send a message via Yahoo to deoxys121

Stunfisk!!! Fisk!! Stunfisk-fisk!!!

Derp-fish ftw!!! Stunfisk's derpiness is awesome! All of Unova exists because Stunfisk keeps it intact with his derpiness. Stunfisk is the ultimate of the derps!

Aside from derpiness, I've used both Stunfisk and Emolga in-game. Stunfisk fared better than Emolga with a wider movepool. Stunfisk can be an excellent annoyer and special defender. I've never used it competitively, but in-game he did rather well. I bred him to know Earth Power, so that was a big help, too. Also, Stunfisk is a rare Pokemon able to inflict 3 different status ailments: Paralysis (many means), Poison (Toxic), and Burn (Scald).

Stunfisk does this to those who voted against his awesome derpiness:
Old January 15th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
They both annoy me to be honest. Stunfisk's appearance just annoys me. At least other forgotten Pokemon like Dunsparce were cute (to me, anyway.) Stunfisk is just... there. :x Meanwhile, I'm still annoyed that Emolga doesn't evolve from Pachirisu. Not as much as the whole Luvdisc-Alomomola debate. but that's irrelevant. That, and it is just a Pikachu clone, yet again. :\ However, it's pretty cute and I'm a sucker for cute things, so Emolga it is.

Check out the new thread soon!

Old January 15th, 2012, 12:02 PM
littlebrother

Nature: Serious
I've been waiting for a Ground/Electric (my first forum name was grounder on serebii) since around 2003 and actually gave up hope for one before I heard about Stunfisk. So Stunfisk holds a little place in my head that a certain gliding electric tree rat will never occupy.

STUNFISK FTW

Everyone knows that the internet is managed by millions of tiny gnomes and
goblins working in sweatshops in Africa and Eastern Europe. Do you really
want to encourage that by staying on here all day?

Why not stay up all night to get lucky instead?
Old January 15th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Hikamaru
Ωmega and αlpha
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Marriland finds Emolga so annoying, but I think they're cute!

I have one in Black that's Level 58, female with Quiet nature.

Emolga is so adorable so I say Emolga.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Hikamaru; January 15th, 2012 at 12:50 PM.
Old January 15th, 2012, 02:04 PM
shenanigans
in rainbows

Emolga seems so... mediocre next to the sheer hilarity of the ridiculous mess that is Stunfisk. I mean they both suck pretty bad in battle so I'm not gonna even try to compare them but at least Stunfisk is funny and not incredibly annoying in-game by paralysing you every single turn oh my God.
Old January 15th, 2012, 02:23 PM
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Stunfisk because I can't stand Emolga......stupid Volt Tackle.

TG

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old January 15th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Overlord Drakow
-CONQUERER

Nature: Serious
Voted for Emolga because Stunfisk is just plain ridiculous. And that's coming from me - king of fools - so you know it is just a silly design for a pokemon.
Old January 15th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

There's a reason that Stunfisk is called Derpfish and was the butt of an April Fools' joke last year: it's not that great. Cool typing but a fugly design, bad stats and a weird-ass movepool make it one of my least favourite critters of the entire franchise. It's not even bad in a so-bad-it's-good way that Dunsparce kinda is (which Stunfisk also stole a lot of its design from), rendering it even more useless in the grand scheme of things.

I also really like Emogla. It probably would have won a fair number of polls, so it feels unfair to put it up against such a crappy opponent. It's annoying, sure, but it has another cool typing, design, and Volt Tackle is kinda awesome. It gets my vote in a heartbeat.
Old January 15th, 2012, 02:49 PM
-ty-
Don't Ask, Just Tell

Nature: Naughty
I never really liked Plusle, Minun, or Pachirisu, not because they are electric-rodents like Pikachu, but rather, I just did not like their designs. Emolga just happens to be another electric rodent, but I love the typing and design; it's one of my favorites of Unova.

Stunfisk is probably one of my least favorites of the generation. I think it's typing is nice, but I do not like it's design-at all! It appeared to look like a fakemon designed by an inexperienced spriter. This is probably the easiest vote I have had to make, EMOLGA WINS hands down!
Old January 15th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Hope will never die! ~Lucina

Nature: Quiet
Neither, Magikarp would beat them both. Magikarp is awesome. In all seriousness, Emolga, because Stunkfish looks like an evolved piece of vomit in a 3 inch deep pudddle. And all this stuff about Emolga being Pikachu, apart from both being cute little electric types, what do the have in common? To be honest, i think it looks just like Pachirisu!
Old January 15th, 2012, 07:26 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I'm going with Emolga because it's a lot more cuter than Stunfisk. When I first saw Stunfisk, I thought "WTF is that thing?"

Old January 15th, 2012, 11:46 PM
Xeberos
Friendship is Magic <3

Nature: Brave
I voted for Emolga 'cause it's cute unlike brown sack - Stunfisk. Emolga is like Pachirisu but it's cute anyway and I like it.
Co-Owner of The Cute Pokemon Club
Old January 16th, 2012, 12:58 AM
Forever
let it go

It's not Stunfisk's fault that it was created from a derpy-looking animal! :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeberos View Post
I voted for Emolga 'cause it's cute unlike brown sack - Stunfisk. Emolga is like Pachirisu but it's cute anyway and I like it.
Stunfisk isn't a brown sack, it's a beautiful creation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
I'm going with Emolga because it's a lot more cuter than Stunfisk. When I first saw Stunfisk, I thought "WTF is that thing?"
That thing is amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zupplu View Post
Neither, Magikarp would beat them both. Magikarp is awesome. In all seriousness, Emolga, because Stunkfish looks like an evolved piece of vomit in a 3 inch deep pudddle. And all this stuff about Emolga being Pikachu, apart from both being cute little electric types, what do the have in common? To be honest, i think it looks just like Pachirisu!
Hey hey hey I think you're talking about Garbodor, Stunfisk is definitely much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -ty- View Post
Stunfisk is probably one of my least favorites of the generation. I think it's typing is nice, but I do not like it's design-at all! It appeared to look like a fakemon designed by an inexperienced spriter. This is probably the easiest vote I have had to make, EMOLGA WINS hands down!
Stunfisk is better than most fakemon though, you have to admit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakow View Post
Voted for Emolga because Stunfisk is just plain ridiculous. And that's coming from me - king of fools - so you know it is just a silly design for a pokemon.
Nope, I don't think of you as a king of fools, you'll have to try better to convince otherwise, imo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~ View Post
Stunfisk because I can't stand Emolga......stupid Volt Tackle.
:333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Leaf View Post
Emolga seems so... mediocre next to the sheer hilarity of the ridiculous mess that is Stunfisk. I mean they both suck pretty bad in battle so I'm not gonna even try to compare them but at least Stunfisk is funny and not incredibly annoying in-game by paralysing you every single turn oh my God.
Yup need more of this, everyone gogo. Mission Stunfisk or something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebrother View Post
I've been waiting for a Ground/Electric (my first forum name was grounder on serebii) since around 2003 and actually gave up hope for one before I heard about Stunfisk. So Stunfisk holds a little place in my head that a certain gliding electric tree rat will never occupy.

STUNFISK FTW
:) I'm glad Stunfisk filled that for you - YEAH GUYS, WE'VE HAD ELECTRIC/FLYING BEFORE (aka Zapdos etc) WHILE STUNFISK IS A BRAND NEW CREATION, AKA BETTER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys121 View Post

Stunfisk!!! Fisk!! Stunfisk-fisk!!!

Derp-fish ftw!!! Stunfisk's derpiness is awesome! All of Unova exists because Stunfisk keeps it intact with his derpiness. Stunfisk is the ultimate of the derps!

Aside from derpiness, I've used both Stunfisk and Emolga in-game. Stunfisk fared better than Emolga with a wider movepool. Stunfisk can be an excellent annoyer and special defender. I've never used it competitively, but in-game he did rather well. I bred him to know Earth Power, so that was a big help, too. Also, Stunfisk is a rare Pokemon able to inflict 3 different status ailments: Paralysis (many means), Poison (Toxic), and Burn (Scald).

Stunfisk does this to those who voted against his awesome derpiness:
Oh what, it can inflict all three? That kinda is pretty awesome. OH RIGHT, YEAH EVERYONE WHAT CAN YOUR EMOLGA DO, LAUGH? NOPE IT DIESSSS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin5 View Post
I'm using Stunfisk'd right now. Why cause it is winning. Emolga is just another Pikachu clone HOW ORIGINAL! Stunfisk typing is amazing as well.

Ironically both of these pokemon are on the main cast team in the anime Stunfisk(Cilan) and Emolga(Iris) and from what I have seen Emolga is really really annoying. Probably my least favorite pokemon the main cast currently have. The Volt Switch gag was only funny so long. I just wish Stunfisk would get some more love darn Pansage hogging the screen time and Crustle hogging the battles.
Good boy. :3
Old January 16th, 2012, 01:06 AM
Kotowari
Will be back eventually
Community Supporter Tier 5

When it comes down to Electric types, my vote goes to Zebstrika. I love my violent zebra. :B But since it's not part of the poll, I will go for Emolga. There's just something that makes me go "wut" when looking at Stunkfisk... It is better than Cryogonal, though.

I won't deny that derpfish has some amusing faces, but the Emolga on top of the theme I'm using is awesome. \o/
PS: Amazing annoyance suits it perfectly. :'D I had to spam Ancient Power to take them down. |D

"We shall build a peaceful world... Just you and me..."
Old January 16th, 2012, 01:17 AM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zupplu View Post
Pachirisu is another Pikachu clone as well, just so you're aware. In the first generation they discovered that cute electric rodents were loved from Pikachu, so in Gen II they made Pichu to make it even cuter, then in III they made Plusle/Minun, then in IV they have Pachirisu. All those Pokemon were made to backpack on the success of the original electric rodent, Pikachu.

I picked Stunfisk because it's unique. It's just so derpy in its own way that you have to smile at it when you see things like this:

Spoiler:

Emolga is just...boring. It's Gen V Pikachu. It's kinda cute, but in that very formulaic way that's meant to appeal to people that like formulaic cute, not in a unique way that sets it apart from every other "cute" Pokemon like that. People claim it's ugly, but the look in its eyes just says "love me!"

Also look at its shiny sprite! That shade of blue is gorgeous:

As opposed to boring Emolga whose shiny sprite is just slightly off-color from its original, because even the sprite creators thought it was too boring to receive a cool shiny palette:

PM
Old January 16th, 2012, 01:39 AM
Archer
a.k.a: ethan.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
I don't think this is a fair competition. I think that Emolga vs Kyurem Minccino would be better. :D

Emolga is, in my noble opinion, the best looking Pokémon of this generation. Awesome typing (baby Zapdos. :D), a very serviceable movepool, including a plethora of Electric moves, Air Slash, U-Turn, Light Screen, Taunt, Toxic and the speed to use them.

My Vote:
Emolga
Old January 16th, 2012, 02:45 AM
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
This is a really hard poll, since I am not a great big fan of both, but I have to give it to Emolga. from the moment I saw Stunfisk, I was utterly shocked. The first thing that I said is "What is this Pokemon even capable of?" (in my native langauge of course.) Emolga's rarity and it's rather cute design got my vote.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links