The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 7th, 2011 (11:14 AM).
zdude0127
Togepi

I have found a few more things I think may need to be looked at.

1) For the hell of it, I decided to sift through the Pokedex to see where Pokemon can be found. It shows Cyndaquil where Ilex Forest is. Yet exploring the Forest only revealed Oddish and Paras (also Caterpie if I recall correctly).

2) Route 34 has no wild Pokemon. Is this intentional or overlooked?

3) I have found Lv80 wild Heracross on the shore south of Owsuari City. Similar to the Missingno. glitch, you gotta surf the left shore.

4) In the Final Dungeon when you come across Nurse Joy standing behind a counter, all she does is thank you (for what!?). I'm assuming that she is supposed to heal your Pokemon. I think from a technical standpoint, this is the Nurse Joy that was in Silph Co. on RBY. Once you beat Giovanni in Silph, she doesn't heal your team anymore and all she does is thank you. Since the Warehouse is (from a technical point of view) Silph Co., defeating Giovanni in the Warehouse triggers the flag telling the nurse to not heal you. Would it be possible to either change the requirements for her giving the thank you text or replace that room with an unused Pokemon Center map?
Old December 13th, 2011 (12:46 AM).
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdude0127 View Post
I have found a few more things I think may need to be looked at.

1) For the hell of it, I decided to sift through the Pokedex to see where Pokemon can be found. It shows Cyndaquil where Ilex Forest is. Yet exploring the Forest only revealed Oddish and Paras (also Caterpie if I recall correctly).

2) Route 34 has no wild Pokemon. Is this intentional or overlooked?

3) I have found Lv80 wild Heracross on the shore south of Owsuari City. Similar to the Missingno. glitch, you gotta surf the left shore.

4) In the Final Dungeon when you come across Nurse Joy standing behind a counter, all she does is thank you (for what!?). I'm assuming that she is supposed to heal your Pokemon. I think from a technical standpoint, this is the Nurse Joy that was in Silph Co. on RBY. Once you beat Giovanni in Silph, she doesn't heal your team anymore and all she does is thank you. Since the Warehouse is (from a technical point of view) Silph Co., defeating Giovanni in the Warehouse triggers the flag telling the nurse to not heal you. Would it be possible to either change the requirements for her giving the thank you text or replace that room with an unused Pokemon Center map?
1: That's weird, I'll look into that.

2: Intentional. A major earthquake just happened so they all fled.

3: Will fix that too.

4: Yeah I can make her heal your Pokemon. I'll probably do that.

Brown:

Prism : - Four Gym Summer 2010 Beta available now!

Twitter
Old December 16th, 2011 (06:48 PM).
Anth0ny
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyman View Post
I have no plans for that, that was meant to be merged with the Red in color hack I was doing but I never got around to finishing it because of other stuff I have to deal with in my life.
Oh man, I remember that project. Too bad it never got finished.
Old December 18th, 2011 (02:52 AM).
Maxim
Heavy Metal Alchemist

Will Routes 47/48 be changed to 49/50?

Routes 47 and 48 are now canon routes.
After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.
Old December 18th, 2011 (03:16 AM).
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Routes 47 and 48 could be called Route 47 south/Route 48 south, maybe that could work. By the way since you said you wanted some suggestions for Pokemon Brown I've got some. Maybe adding some of the new Pokemon additions to some of the trainer battles like before the route east of Jaeru City. Like making a trainer in Merson Cave using Larvitar, a trainer in Silk Tunnel having a Cyndaquil, etc. You know to make finding some Pokemon better. Also like Prism are you gonna add mini games, since the only thing to do after the Final Dungeon is the Game Corner and completing the Pokedex. Maybe add day/night too since another Red/Blue hack is doing it.
Old January 3rd, 2012 (04:20 AM). Edited January 3rd, 2012 by Coolboyman.
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
Will Routes 47/48 be changed to 49/50?

Routes 47 and 48 are now canon routes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBlazePlatinum View Post
Routes 47 and 48 could be called Route 47 south/Route 48 south, maybe that could work. By the way since you said you wanted some suggestions for Pokemon Brown I've got some. Maybe adding some of the new Pokemon additions to some of the trainer battles like before the route east of Jaeru City. Like making a trainer in Merson Cave using Larvitar, a trainer in Silk Tunnel having a Cyndaquil, etc. You know to make finding some Pokemon better. Also like Prism are you gonna add mini games, since the only thing to do after the Final Dungeon is the Game Corner and completing the Pokedex. Maybe add day/night too since another Red/Blue hack is doing it.
Route 47 and 48 exist specifically in HG/SS which is an alternate continuity from Gold and Silver on Gameboy Color. The continuity from the Pokemon games that Brown and Prism borrow from is solely based on the original games, not the remakes or re-releases (such as Yellow or Crystal). Therefore Route 47 / 48 can exist as different routes in Brown/Prism and HG/SS.

Pokemon like Larvitars might be too tough for Merson Cave, but I see your point. I'm not going to add mini games to Brown, it's just going to be improvements to the game design flaws.

Brown:

Twitter
Old January 3rd, 2012 (06:33 PM).
ChaosJester083
You Hack It, I'll Play It

Nature: Lax
CoolBoyMan I recently stumbled upon some of the unused designs for gold and silver and noticed some resemblances to Jaeru City and Castro Valley. Has anyone else noticed this or is this a first
Old January 3rd, 2012 (09:03 PM).
Zelda-456
Beginning Trainer

Hey Coolboyman. Your hack is GREAT but there is one problem i cam upon. I got the metal coat from the safari zone and i used it on my scizor and onix. When they evolved they had WACKY stats. For example scizor had 159 special, 88 attack, 15 defense, 25 speed. I forgot what my onix had but he had over 100 speed and about 32 attack and about 27 defense; i couldnt remember. So yea, if you have a solution, can you please tell me. Im waiting for a solution before i continue the game. Thanks in advance.
Old January 3rd, 2012 (09:37 PM).
zdude0127
Togepi

Generation I pokemon that evolve into a later generation pokemon have glitched stats after evolution. One level up of depostit then withdraw from the PC will cure it.
Old January 4th, 2012 (12:08 AM).
~Red
Meh. Hate me if you will.

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosJester083 View Post
CoolBoyMan I recently stumbled upon some of the unused designs for gold and silver and noticed some resemblances to Jaeru City and Castro Valley. Has anyone else noticed this or is this a first
Old news. Coolboyman himself said in an interview that those cities are based upon beta gold cities
Old January 4th, 2012 (11:26 AM).
ChaosJester083
You Hack It, I'll Play It

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Red View Post
Old news. Coolboyman himself said in an interview that those cities are based upon beta gold cities
Oh I didn't know that I still like the Idea that he was able to salvage what Nintendo threw away
Old January 4th, 2012 (06:28 PM).
Zelda-456
Beginning Trainer

Ohhhh. I see, I see. I tried depositing, then withdrawing and it worked perfect. THANK SOO MUCH zdude0127. :D
Old January 15th, 2012 (06:07 PM).
Aura Vitae
Down, Sword Hand!

Nature: Quiet
What Gen 4 pokemon are in this hack?

Pokemon X FC 3368-1319-2305
Old January 15th, 2012 (06:14 PM).
crystalzapdos

Quote:
Originally Posted by roen52 View Post
The only gen 4 Pokemon are evolutions of previous Pokemon. So Pokemon like Taqngrowth, Magmortar, and Weavile.
Old January 15th, 2012 (06:18 PM).
Aura Vitae
Down, Sword Hand!

Nature: Quiet

Pokemon X FC 3368-1319-2305
Old January 16th, 2012 (02:16 PM). Edited January 16th, 2012 by zigazav.
zigazav
Fanfiction writer inactive

Nature: Jolly
Sorry to say, but I need a Lameboy saved state, it won't load my Pokemon Brown save file. I just get a New game only.
EDIT: I don't want a completed game file, I just want to start off a little bit farther in the game, rather than start a new game.

Click my party please. =)
Old January 18th, 2012 (04:09 AM). Edited January 18th, 2012 by Coolboyman.
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker

All downloads of Pokemon Brown and Pokemon Prism that I have control over are disabled for the next 24 hours in protest of SOPA. SOPA would not only kill any further developments of Pokemon Prism, but kill ROM Hacking all together. For more information on what SOPA means for not only ROM Hacking but for the world wide web as a whole, click here

Brown:

Twitter
Old February 9th, 2012 (01:35 AM).
mysteryme
Togepi

Love it, my good old times coming back baby! :D
Old February 11th, 2012 (06:07 AM).
linek
Beginning Trainer

I found Raikou, Entei, Articuno, Ho-Oh and Mewtwo, but where are Suicune, Zapdos, Moltres, Mew?
Old February 11th, 2012 (08:34 AM).
zdude0127
Togepi

Originally Posted by linek View Post
I found Raikou, Entei, Articuno, Ho-Oh and Mewtwo, but where are Suicune, Zapdos, Moltres, Mew?
All those legendaries have a random (?) chance of being one or the other when you start the game. So when you go to the hole in the park and look for the legendary there, it has an equal chance of being either Mew or Mewtwo. I don't think it changes either in the same save file. So you need to trade for the other ones.
Old February 11th, 2012 (04:31 PM).
Porygon Z
718!

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Porygon Z
Great game CBM, right now I'm on my way to the second badge, and my team is:

- Charmeleon Lv. 19
- Bellsprout Lv. 18
- Doduo Lv. 18
- Cubone Lv. 18
- Porygon Lv. 15
- Future HM Slave

I think I'm gonna drop Cubone, he still has Growl, and Octazooka (teached by me).

Emblems awarded so far

Owner of Tri-Species Challenge, Version 3.0
Old February 12th, 2012 (03:00 AM).
tanaris33

Hi,

I wanna know which new pokemon (except the original 151 and legends) are in this rom?

Thank you
Old February 12th, 2012 (06:04 AM).
Swimmer Ryan
Training Water Types Since '99

Nature: Calm
Is there a list somewhere with all of the pokemon in this game's locations? I'm playing and would like to build a team but don't know where to look for certain pokemon

HACKS I SUPPORT

[/URL]

Old February 12th, 2012 (09:03 AM).
ChillinInYoCloset
PacmanAteMe

Nature: Calm
This game is amazing, but I couldn't find a color Red rom, so it doesn't look as good, but it's still a great game. Nice job.

Eat, Sleep, Breathe Carolina.
Old February 12th, 2012 (05:52 PM). Edited February 12th, 2012 by Porygon Z.
Porygon Z
718!

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Porygon Z
I love this game! I'm training for the sixth Gym, even if I have discovered even where the seventh and eighth are! Current team is:

- Charizard Lv. 39
- Victreebel Lv. 40
- Electivire Lv. 40
- Porygon2 Lv. 39
- Golduck Lv. 39
- Onix Lv. 40 (When and how I can evolve him?)

Where I do find the S.S. Ticket?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillinInYoCloset View Post
This game is amazing, but I couldn't find a color Red rom, so it doesn't look as good, but it's still a great game. Nice job.
All you have to do is Options > Gameboy > Check mark on SGB.
Close the emulator and re-open Brown. Enjoy =)

Emblems awarded so far

Owner of Tri-Species Challenge, Version 3.0
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links