The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > In-Game Team Help

Notices

In-Game Team Help Can't defeat the Elite Four with your current team? Need help improving your Battle Subway team? This is the place for team help concerning in-game and casual play. Teams focused on the more competitive aspect of Pokémon must be posted in the Competitive Team Help sub-forum.

Old January 16th, 2012, 01:15 AM
Hikamaru
it's too cold for you here
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Guys, I need help deciding a sixth team member.

I am using only Unova region Pokemon at the moment.

I sent my Archeops and Sawsbuck into retirement in the PC.

I currently have:

Samurott
Gothitelle
Chandelure
Excadrill (training)
Hydreigon

Please decide a sixth team member for me to train.

(I'm deciding between my Leavanny and Mienshao and I can't think which one to pick)

Paired with AWsquared, Isaac and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

Old January 16th, 2012, 01:27 AM
d4rka8isz
Is Confused.

Nature: Gentle
I'd choose Leavanny because your Excadrill and Chandelure are both weak to water and you have no types with an advantage over it. Plus, if the water type knows ice type moves, that would cause problems for your hydreigon. Of course, it is your choice.

Challenges in progress:
Monotype Rock
Boldore Lv. 33 Dwebble Lv. 32 Tirtouga Lv. 32
I need to update faster...
Old January 16th, 2012, 01:30 AM
Forever
let it go

Teams generally should have movesets listed in this section because it's mainly for rating teams rather than deciding something for a team. However like the above user, I'll also give you advice at first and then maybe you can type out your movesets and such and see if the rest of us can improve upon that for you. :)

Either way, you definitely have a weakness to Scrafty (and other fighting types generally aka Terrakion/Virizion w/ X-Scissor while Stone Edge I guess for Chandelure) - with only Samurott not being majorly hurt by Scrafty's STABs. If you go for Mienshao, you can outspeed and kill Scrafty before it poses any threat to everyone else. Generally you'll want to give Mienshao High Jump Kick, its strongest STAB, as well as U-turn which could also hurt it, and with Regenerator it can easily take damage from Scrafty and switch out, then return later to be annoying.

But yeah, four Pokemon being weak to one Pokemon and nothing to really check it at least isn't good. :x
Old January 16th, 2012, 01:40 AM
Sayan
is tightening its focus

Nature: Calm
You should post the movesets. I'd recommend going with Mienshao with Fake Out, HJK, U-turn and a fourth filler move (competitive battlers use Hidden Power Ice, but that's only for Gliscor and not needed here. Besides, it's a pain to get good HP in-game). This would also balance your team on the physical/special attacking scale.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links