• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official PokéCommunity Shipping Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.

CommanderPigg

Dento used bishie sparkles!
Years
Does anyone remember me? XD My anti-ikarishipping senses were tingling :3

But to answer the previous question, I don't really think that they could have gotten together after DP due to the stark lack of shared interests or similar beliefs. I doubt that Paul would be even slightly willing to help another achieve their goals considering he has a pretty distinct one himself. Plus, he didn't even bat an eye at being flashed right in the face as she was steaming, kicking and screaming...

I will, however, bend enough to say that I can easily see it being one-sided, on Dawn's part, since, because she had been surrounded by such nice boys/girls all her life might want to go for that bad boy meat.

Pardon my language.

Even though Paul had never shown interest in Dawn, Dawn is very willing to push herself to be noticed by Paul. From being the first one to notice his arrival in many instances, to scolding him when it didn't pertain to her, to stalking him and forcing a very awkward and Ash-centric conversation. A mere showing of acceptance and curiosity, or ravaging fangirl hunger? We'll never know.

With the advanceshipping argument presented, I call bull on the fanart and love-hate relationship claims. There is no evidence that Advanceshipping has "better fanart" (since that's extremely subjective and I can argue that originalshipping probably has the best *cough*) nor does that mean that better fanart correlates to a better ship. If both of the people being shipped are pretty/hot, then it's easier to make cute fanart and stuff. That simple.

And if love-hate relationships don't work out, then there goes like half of the shipping fandom, and more then half of the real life relationships in the world. Couples can arise from the strangest relationships, trust me.

And yeah, it kinda perplexes me as to why Ash/Iris isn't more popular. I even supported it a bit when the series started, which is strange, because I never support Ash/main girl. I think it's because wishfulshipping is too popular and Ash has a lot of other options at this point XD

AAAAANNND, I wall-posted XD Happy late new year, everyone!

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
What.

Where are your sources, because there are so many down-right stunning fanart of so many couples, and I could probably go find some not-that-pretty works of Advanceshipping with ease (nice of you to name two J!artists as your saviors). So, yeah, that's not a strong point. That's a 'shipper's ego. Sure, I can say it's pretty, but I've seen artwork much better than Suzu's. So, no. This is serious eye-of-the-beholder territory, since it's certainly no way to claim it is "top."

You're right it's controversial, because no one could back this claim up successfully, without proof. Of which there is nothing definitive to provide.

Um, excuse me, did you not see that I was talking about quality and popularity? You don't see PokéShipping blogs doing special entries for a different 'ship, do you? I'm saying our fanart is top not because I like the pairing, but because from an unbiased point of view it is generally more defined and populous than what you may see in other vactions, not that it's better simply because it's AdvanceShipping, got it? This is the big hunk of meat forming my claim: His site is in such a native form of Japanese that the characters get jumbled because he's using a local Japanese character set instead of the UTF standard.

Also, I don't see any "compelling evidence" on your side of the field either, so who can't back it up now? :|

This is a quote from the popular head moderator of the Shippers' Paradise forum at Bulbagarden, a quote outlining from a super moderator's point of view what shipping truly is; take this in advice if you ever feel like combatting a 'ship without another ship to fight with ;)

Spoiler:

So, what are we talking about here? Shipping, that's right. :) I don't think Luna could've said it better.

EDIT:
Just pointing out that Pearlshipping isn't a love-hate relationship, either.

Aand I'm just saying that I'm amused Ash/Iris isn't a major ship. I don't think I've seen so many people around avidly shipping it as the previous girl in the group.

I don't particularly disagree with you on PearlShipping being non love-hate, there. And as for NegaiShipping, I think it still needs time to grow and develop before anyone can make that call.

Last edited:

CommanderPigg

Years
Um, excuse me, did you not see that I was talking about quality and popularity? You don't see PokéShipping blogs doing special entries for a different 'ship, do you? I'm saying our fanart is top not because I like the pairing, but because from an unbiased point of view it is generally more defined and populous than what you may see in other vactions, not that it's better simply because it's AdvanceShipping, got it? This is the big hunk of meat forming my claim: His site is in such a native form of Japanese that the characters get jumbled because he's using a local Japanese character set instead of the UTF standard.
I have a lot of problems with this claim. First, you say that quality and popularity of fanart plays a huge role in the quality of the ship, correct? And you use pdxplus's site to back this up? Have you ever heard of teppo? She's also an extremely popular poke-artist among fans and is basically the contestshipping/pokeshipping equivalent of pdxplus. To say that pdxplus's fanart is the most quality is a very rash and pathos-ridden assumption considering we all have our different tastes.

Also, I know this for a fact, it only takes a few people to make a shipping grow. Some of my friends have influenced really good artists into liking their shipping, thus drawing fanart for that shipping, thus enlarging the fanbase. So, I agree with you that fanart is an effective converting tool, but it does not make any shipping better than the other, just perhaps more popular (in fact, I can attribute much of Ikarishipping's popularity to the amvs on Youtube).

As for advanceshipping being very populous, I'd say that that's a bit of an archaic claim...perhaps in the AG era, it most certainly would have been, but on more recent japanese art sites like pixiv, I conducted a quick search of popular Ash pairings:

SatoHaru (Advance): 73
SatoKasu (Poke): 232
SatoHika (Pearl): 181
SatoAi (Iris is romanized as "Airisu"; Negai): 104
SatoShige (Pallet): 358

I know that not everyone uses the shipping tag in their fanart, but this is just a bit of an idea of how the demographic is more or less spread out.

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012

Also, I don't see any "compelling evidence" on your side of the field either, so who can't back it up now? :|

This is a quote from the popular head moderator of the Shippers' Paradise forum at Bulbagarden, a quote outlining from a super moderator's point of view what shipping truly is; take this in advice if you ever feel like combatting a 'ship without another ship to fight with ;)

Spoiler:

So, what are we talking about here? Shipping, that's right. :) I don't think Luna could've said it better.
*eyebrows* I...don't even know what your point is. I'm not a Pokeshipper or an Advanceshipper, so I don't trawl blogs for either, so I've no idea what you're talking about on those. But you sound awfully biased to me, since you say all that stuff, but can't provide examples of anything.

I also don't understand what throwing PDplus's website at me does. Again, cute art, but I've seen equal quality.

ALSO don't get what someone else's words have to do with it. It sounds more like you're trying to justify your claims. o.O Because I 'ship a lot of things. And I'm not a passionate 'shipper. If you were to go through all my posts here, you wouldn't find much fanning. I'm also not striking out at you; I just think you're saying something you can't back up. I mean, I hate Pokeshipping with a passively raging passion, but good art is good art, even when you hate it. And I've seen some damn nice Pokeshipping art.

If non-Advanceshippers are saying there are some good Advanceshipping art, then why isn't it the same thing? Good art is good art, regardless what the subject matter is.

Would you even acknowledge if ANY non-Advanceshipping art was good?

Soooo, yeah, it kinda sounds like you're making it all up to suit yourself and your aim. Do you want me to provide pics that are of the same quality or even better than what you're showing off, because anyone here could go to Pixiv or Deviantart and do that. Want me to go find really bad art, while I'm at it? That's child's play.

But I think you need to provide the proof for the more over-the-top claim, because I'm sure most people here would believe (and know to exist) that bad Advanceshipping art exists and awesome-and-superior non-Advanceshipping art also exists. I don't have to prove much, because it's simply fact that there is OMG MY HEART IS EXPLODING art and eww-who-used-Paint? art. You're the one claiming Advanceshipping art is the most popular because reasons.

So, again:
Where do non-Advanceshippers say that Advanceshipping art is "top"? Where is this Pokemon shipping fanart authority, especially in a fandom this big with so many mainstream couples? ...They are Pokemon 'shippers, right? Because that's twisting the truth if these people aren't even 'shippers in the fandom.

Last edited:

Alexander Nicholi

Years
As for advanceshipping being very populous, I'd say that that's a bit of an archaic claim...perhaps in the AG era, it most certainly would have been, but on more recent japanese art sites like pixiv, I conducted a quick search of popular Ash pairings:

SatoHaru (Advance): 73
SatoKasu (Poke): 232
SatoHika (Pearl): 181
SatoAi (Iris is romanized as "Airisu"; Negai): 104
SatoShige (Pallet): 358
What you said could easily be applied to PokéShipping and ContestShipping, friend. Also, I'd like a direct link to the URL you performed the search on.

I'm not a Pokeshipper or an Advanceshipper, so I don't trawl blogs for either, so I've no idea what you're talking about on those.
Then you have absolutely no reason to argue about those unless you're against them, right?

ALSO don't get what someone else's words have to do with it.
They're there to validate my claims, what else?

If non-Advanceshippers are saying there are some good Advanceshipping art, then why isn't it the same thing? Good art is good art, regardless what the subject matter is.
That's just it, kid. It is the same thing. I have no bias against good art, so the fact that you're arguing this with me tells me that you don't realize that I've agreed with you on this the whole time.

Would you even acknowledge if ANY non-Advanceshipping art was good?
Them's fightin' words, as I've already stated before this post that I don't have a bias against good art.

Soooo, yeah, it kinda sounds like you're making it all up to suit yourself and your aim. Do you want me to provide pics that are of the same quality or even better than what you're showing off, because anyone here could go to Pixiv or Deviantart and do that. Want me to go find really bad art, while I'm at it? That's child's play.
If you don't realize the fact that this is all shipping, you need to see a medical doctor, dude. I'm not here to show off, or else you people would be gawking at my posts. To clear up some confusion, by 'quality' I don't mean artwork appeal; I'm referring to the digital quality metre, sometimes referred to as 'bit-depth' or the meter you use to adjust image quality in Photoshop. Now, that's child's play, friend.

But I think you need to provide the proof for the more over-the-top claim, because I'm sure most people here would believe (and know to exist) that bad Advanceshipping art exists and awesome-and-superior non-Advanceshipping art also exists.
Did I ever honestly say that there was bad SatoHaru artists or 'awesome-and-superior' non-SatoHaru artists?

You're the one claiming Advanceshipping art is the most popular because reasons.
Sorry, but your statement is incoherent.

Where is this Pokemon shipping fanart authority, especially in a fandom this big with so many mainstream couples? ...They are Pokemon 'shippers, right? Because that's twisting the truth if these people aren't even 'shippers in the fandom.
What are you talking about, when did I say there was a fanart athourity, and where oh where did I say that Nintendo's Pokémon franchise didn't have a real-time 'shipping base?

Here's you're proof, naysayers~

Bulbapedia said:
AdvanceShipping (Japanese: サトハル SatoHaru) is the belief that Ash and May belong in a romantic relationship. This Ship is among the most popular of those based in the anime, along with PokéShipping, ContestShipping, and PearlShipping.

Here's the article that was taken from~ Also, don't tell me that what I quoted was a "personal point of view", as you know good and well that they're referring to the hints contained later in the article. *facepalm*
Yes, I think that's something compelling, at least; don't tell me SatoHaru isn't major. Moving on.

Here's some not-so-good AdvanceShipping art, with some also not-so-good PokéShipping art, ContestShipping art, and PearlShipping art.

AdvanceShipping

PokéShipping

ContestShipping

PearlShipping

Now, here's some kick-ass AdvanceShipping art, along with some kick-ass PokéShipping art, kick-ass ContestShipping art, and kick-ass PearlShipping art. Fire away!~

AdvanceShipping

PokéShipping

ContestShipping

PearlShipping

Now, who's biased again? :|

But, the thing is, you're able to dish it out, but can you take it? I'm not talking meager little numbered lists, folks. I'm talking citations, external references, quotes with link-backs, etc.

So, I'd like some actual-factual proof to back up what you're defending, if you'd please.

CommanderPigg

Years
*stretches* Okay, I really hope you understand this whole shipping business more when you're older, kid, but for now, I'll humor you :P

What you said could easily be applied to PokéShipping and ContestShipping, friend. Also, I'd like a direct link to the URL you performed the search on.
You want direct links? god, making me do work Gladly. But it should be more or less common sense that a newer pairing will have more recent fanart and a fairly active fanbase compared to older ones simply because there is still a lot of speculation and canon material that still need to air. The unknown keeps the fandom on its toes, ya know?
Spoiler:

Then you have absolutely no reason to argue about those unless you're against them, right?
She's simply qualifying your statement. It's quite a common thing to do in debates because it shows that you're able to see both sides without bias.

If you don't realize the fact that this is all shipping, you need to see a medical doctor, dude. I'm not here to show off, or else you people would be gawking at my posts. To clear up some confusion, by 'quality' I don't mean artwork appeal; I'm referring to the digital quality metre, sometimes referred to as 'bit-depth' or the meter you use to adjust image quality in Photoshop. Now, that's child's play, friend.
*facepalm* are you seriously? I don't know if I should be shaking my head over the fact that I understand this or the fact that you're using this as an argument point >_>

Photoshop's bitdepth meter doesn't determine the emotional appeal of a picture. It doesn't determine how many favorites or views a piece of fanart gets. That's up to the people viewing it. I'm certain you know what subjective means, right? It means that the views are based on opinion. Every person has their own view on what's good and what's not. This is true in art AND in pairing preference.

And arceus almighty, in what world is a Bulbagarden Shipping article a viable source for anything other than episode references?? This is a USER-DEFINED space, meaning ANYONE can edit it. Guess who's most likely going to edit an advanceshipping article? JUST GUESS.

And another thing, I don't believe any of us denied the popularity of Advanceshipping. It's very evident in the english speaking fandom that it is, look at all the forum posts, fanart, amvs, and fanfics out there dedicated to it. Of course it's popular. But what it seems like you're trying to say is that popularity and fan material dictates the validity of the pairing, and that's simply NOT TRUE.

Case in point: Zutara (Zuko x Katara) in Avatar. It has an ENORMOUS fanbase. A deviantart search lists over 39 THOUSAND entries (of varying quality, of course). Kataang (Aang x Katara) on the other hand, has less than half of that. Guess which pairing became canon and which didn't? Guess which one had direct hints (actual confessions) and which ones had meta hints?
Spoiler:

I'm not even really sure what you're arguing for anymore, but I will say this. Good fanart in a fandom does not make the pairing better. It simply DOESN'T. It just means that your pairing was lucky enough to have good artists drawing fanart for it.

In fact, you can never seriously say that a pairing is better than another because there are so many layers of subjectivity laced in that statement. In short, they're all opinion based. OPINIONS. TOLERANCE. That's what makes the shipping world go round and round.

and with that, I'll share some completely unrelated fanart because I want to XP
Spoiler:

Alexander Nicholi

Years
*stretches* Okay, I really hope you understand this whole shipping business more when you're older, kid, but for now, I'll humor you :P

You want direct links? god, making me do work Gladly. But it should be more or less common sense that a newer pairing will have more recent fanart and a fairly active fanbase compared to older ones simply because there is still a lot of speculation and canon material that still need to air. The unknown keeps the fandom on its toes, ya know?
Spoiler:

She's simply qualifying your statement. It's quite a common thing to do in debates because it shows that you're able to see both sides without bias.

*facepalm* are you seriously? I don't know if I should be shaking my head over the fact that I understand this or the fact that you're using this as an argument point >_>

Photoshop's bitdepth meter doesn't determine the emotional appeal of a picture. It doesn't determine how many favorites or views a piece of fanart gets. That's up to the people viewing it. I'm certain you know what subjective means, right? It means that the views are based on opinion. Every person has their own view on what's good and what's not. This is true in art AND in pairing preference.

And arceus almighty, in what world is a Bulbagarden Shipping article a viable source for anything other than episode references?? This is a USER-DEFINED space, meaning ANYONE can edit it. Guess who's most likely going to edit an advanceshipping article? JUST GUESS.

And another thing, I don't believe any of us denied the popularity of Advanceshipping. It's very evident in the english speaking fandom that it is, look at all the forum posts, fanart, amvs, and fanfics out there dedicated to it. Of course it's popular. But what it seems like you're trying to say is that popularity and fan material dictates the validity of the pairing, and that's simply NOT TRUE.

Case in point: Zutara (Zuko x Katara) in Avatar. It has an ENORMOUS fanbase. A deviantart search lists over 39 THOUSAND entries (of varying quality, of course). Kataang (Aang x Katara) on the other hand, has less than half of that. Guess which pairing became canon and which didn't? Guess which one had direct hints (actual confessions) and which ones had meta hints?
Spoiler:

I'm not even really sure what you're arguing for anymore, but I will say this. Good fanart in a fandom does not make the pairing better. It simply DOESN'T. It just means that your pairing was lucky enough to have good artists drawing fanart for it.

In fact, you can never seriously say that a pairing is better than another because there are so many layers of subjectivity laced in that statement. In short, they're all opinion based. OPINIONS. TOLERANCE. That's what makes the shipping world go round and round.

and with that, I'll share some completely unrelated fanart because I want to XP
Spoiler:

So, you're saying that all this is opinion-based? Hmm… Well duh! X3 I am here to proclaim my love for SatoHaru, as you all are here to proclaim your preferred 'shippings. By doing this, I am not denying that it's all opinion, dear friend; it's all completely, utterly made-up—every bit of it—including all of the games, mangas, and anime; it's just fictional in the scheme of things, so why don't we sit back, relax, and take our minds off of life with Pokémon, a viable entertainment venue? Saying that because I'm proclaiming my love for a particular shipping constitutes that I'm denying another item is like saying that my love for Japan procludes any sort of affection for the United States, the UK, and Australia. I think my case is done here, if you have no further inquiries. ;)

CommanderPigg

Years
So, you're saying that all this is opinion-based? Hmm… Well duh! X3 I am here to proclaim my love for SatoHaru, as you all are here to proclaim your preferred 'shippings. By doing this, I am not denying that it's all opinion, dear friend; it's all completely, utterly made-up—every bit of it—including all of the games, mangas, and anime; it's just fictional in the scheme of things, so why don't we sit back, relax, and take our minds off of life with Pokémon, a viable entertainment venue? Saying that because I'm proclaiming my love for a particular shipping constitutes that I'm denying another item is like saying that my love for Japan procludes any sort of affection for the United States, the UK, and Australia. I think my case is done here, if you have no further inquiries. ;)
It's one thing to proclaim one's love for a shipping and argue the canonity/situational scenes that could occur and another to argue that one's ship is more valid simply because (quoted from your post, which you used as an argument):
Fanart depicting SatoHaru support is generally considered top by ADV and non-ADV folks alike in quality.
This is the fallacious statement that we were trying to argue against. Hold true to your ship, there's nothing wrong with that. Just try to use canon-material and canon-characterizations as much as possible (and try to AVOID fandom material) when debating.

For instance-

Good: I think that Comashipping is more possible than Palletshipping because Gary and Ash are too "bro-zoned" to ever think of getting in a romantic relationship with each other. They're better as friends.

Bad: Palletshipping is better than Comashipping because we have a longer fandom history, more fans, and an awesome bulbagarden article!! (all of which may be true, but never good enough to prove a shipping "better." nothing is)

Of course, joking that one's ship is the best evar is okay, since, well, we all think that about our ships, right? XD

CAFEMOCHA AND COMA 4EVAHS

EDIT: Also, I hate it when people use the retort "It's just a video game/anime/manga, it doesn't exist, blah blah" because of course we know this to be true. But if we were to just accept that as the answer to everything, then there'd be no fun to discussing pokemon at all! Discussing fictional things is completely rational considering we have the basic skeleton for the "physics" of our theories.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
Here :P

Spoiler:

You say that saying that it's all fake/doesn't exist is negative towards fiction, but the whole point that it's fantasy is what makes it so great. I don't think it doesn't exist, as I know it exists all in our minds, and that's still existing if you look at it a certain way ;)

johnr754

I am JOHN, heck yeah!
Years
Hello. I am here to say hello into the shipping debates.

First, I am a PokéShipper. I enjoy it and it has lots of fanfiction, being a popular Ash ship along with Advance and Pearl, so yay. But I prefer Poké over all. So do not hate me for that reason, okay?

Next, I am also Ikari. Yes, Dawn and Paul is not to end up and most likely to be PenguinShipping, but Ikari is interesting and besides, opposites attract. So...yeah.

Last, I also am a WishfulShipper. Now, it has several hints. For example, I read in Bulbapedia that Iris does stuff that invloves Cilan, like saying that she would travel with Cilan, trusts him more, and for some reason, hides near his body.

I slightly support CS, but I don't really have any May ships I support.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Welcome to the thread.

We don't hate any shipper as long as they don't post content that doesn't necessarily mean its proof from some fanfiction or fanart. You are free to support what you like.

But I'm curious to know, what do you think makes PenguinShipping most likely?

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
Hello. I am here to say hello into the shipping debates.

Last, I also am a WishfulShipper. Now, it has several hints. For example, I read in Bulbapedia that Iris does stuff that invloves Cilan, like saying that she would travel with Cilan, trusts him more, and for some reason, hides near his body.

I'm already liking you already. It's great to have another Wishfulshipper around here. Welcome to the shipping debate thread. It might get intense in here at times just a warning.

I'm a huge Twinleafshipper as well as a Wishfulshipper however, I had always thought Penguinshipping was adorable. I believe a lot of shippers got thrown off with this pairing because of the episode of Kenny vs Ash. If I had to pick besides Twinleafshipping, I would have went with Penguinshipping. Most of the episodes with those two are just adorable, enough said. That is all.

johnr754

I am JOHN, heck yeah!
Years
Welcome to the thread.

We don't hate any shipper as long as they don't post content that doesn't necessarily mean its proof from some fanfiction or fanart. You are free to support what you like.

But I'm curious to know, what do you think makes PenguinShipping most likely?

That, I really don't know. But, I just think that because it seems that there are several hints for that, and even though this may sound stupid, it may happen.

But I am Ikari...I don't know how. I just got introduced into it and I just prefer it. Hehe. It's also popular in Serebii.

I'm already liking you already. It's great to have another Wishfulshipper around here. Welcome to the shipping debate thread. It might get intense in here at times just a warning.

Thanks! Intense? Hmm...okay, then. Yeah, Wishful is a popular BW ship. Wait, is it still a popular BW ship?

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
Years
johnr754 said:

Welcome, buddy! Hope you enjoy our 95%-of-the-time-civil debating. Well, I haven't been online lately so I have no idea if the thread has degenrated into name-calling at any point, but I really doubt it.

I am an anti-WishfulShipper, but not the extent that I spend my days planning to kill Iris, her fans (whom are creepy in some parts, but anyway) and/or hijack their fanclubs. Yes, I'm a Dent fan, and I happen to especially dislike anime-Iris from the very beginning; so I hate being called a jealous fangirl.

Moving on, I'm not chastising you alone for this, but I really think most of the hints in Bulbapedia are people with their favourite "Canon Goggles" on. It's heavily biased; the people whom FIND the hints in the first place are fans of the pairing. I've noticed that WishfulShipping doesn't have any "Anti-hints", or whatever. The last time I checked, anyway.

A lot of the hints are subjective, not to mention how they could be explained away if we cross-reference a character's personality with the aforementioned "hints". Blushing is easily explained with timid/Tsundere characters, affectionate characters would show more physical friendliness, etc.

Then again, it's all in good fun, and anybody who's serious ****ing business about a damn PAIRING needs a life. I'm talking about those people that blow up at the mention of "CafeMocha" in an Wishful thread.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
Yeah...not to down Wishfulshipping or Negaishipping for that matter...but alot of the hints listed for both are subjective. Iris really hasn't shown a romantic interest in either Ash, or Cilan. Now that could change in the near future, but as of right now I've seen nothing to suggest Iris is infatuated with either of them. Best Wishes largely has been pretty shipping-free in terms of canon evidence.

For a ship with no real canon evidence as of yet, I'm a bit surprised Wishful as popular as it is ( but hey, when has that stopped people before?). But I guess it comes down to the whole "opposites attract" thing. It's a nice looking ship as is Negai I suppose. Negaishipping, doesn't seem as popular because Ash has so many options and it also lacks evidence.

Last edited:

johnr754

I am JOHN, heck yeah!
Years
Welcome, buddy! Hope you enjoy our 95%-of-the-time-civil debating. Well, I haven't been online lately so I have no idea if the thread has degenrated into name-calling at any point, but I really doubt it.

I am an anti-WishfulShipper, but not the extent that I spend my days planning to kill Iris, her fans (whom are creepy in some parts, but anyway) and/or hijack their fanclubs. Yes, I'm a Dent fan, and I happen to especially dislike anime-Iris from the very beginning; so I hate being called a jealous fangirl.

Moving on, I'm not chastising you alone for this, but I really think most of the hints in Bulbapedia are people with their favourite "Canon Goggles" on. It's heavily biased; the people whom FIND the hints in the first place are fans of the pairing. I've noticed that WishfulShipping doesn't have any "Anti-hints", or whatever. The last time I checked, anyway.

A lot of the hints are subjective, not to mention how they could be explained away if we cross-reference a character's personality with the aforementioned "hints". Blushing is easily explained with timid/Tsundere characters, affectionate characters would show more physical friendliness, etc.

Then again, it's all in good fun, and anybody who's serious ****ing business about a damn PAIRING needs a life. I'm talking about those people that blow up at the mention of "CafeMocha" in an Wishful thread.

Canon goggles? Hmm, then take off nostalgia goggles, people!

And, CafeMocha or Negai....that I really don't mind, since I wouldn't be like "OMG BBQ WHA CAFEMOCHA/NEGAI SUX WISHFUL 4 TEH WINZ!!!". I wouldn't blow up at the mention of the names of ships, no and no.

Okay, then, so what ship do you ship with Iris, then? Just asking, even though you dislike anime-Iris.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021

...It sounds like you went into a Wishful shipping thread fangirling Cafemocha, and expected to be greeted with open arms ಠ_ಠ

If I had to choose between Cafe and Wishful, it would be Cafe because the next time I hear "kodomo ne" or "you're such a kid" I shall shoot someone.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years

I was never one of those type of shippers and I never got them that much at all. Shipping is a huge in Pokemon but what Jorah said does give a point. I personally don't mind that many shipping's I mean, I basically ship Cilan with almost everyone, Cilan x Burgandy, Wishfulshipping, CafeMocha and as for Iris, Darkcherryshipping and Wishfulshipping. I can easily find a shipping that I like to go towards or for shipping that isn't so popular. I like being a bit different when it comes to that. I would personally go for CafeMocha instead of Negaishipping if we had to pick out of those two. To be honest, Ash x Cilan is a lot cuter then Iris and Ash and I was never the Yaoi type shipper.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Yeah, a few of the yaoi shippings are cuter than the er, non-yaoi shippings. Barry/Ash, Paul/Ash is cute....(to me D:) but Twinleafshipping is cute. Trip/Ash, I cannot decide on whether is dull or revolting.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
Trip/Ash reminds me of Paul/Ash. To be honest, Paul/Ash would be an interesting couple and so would Barry/Paul due to his fanboying. For some reason can't see Trip/Ash but I can easily see Trip/Paul somehow making it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back