The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 12th, 2012, 10:51 AM
lukasz_pro
Saiyan Prince

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post
The grass is a weird color because it's color is wrong. The tree's are acting like that because they use different parts of the tileset. The best way to fix that is to go to your tree tiles, and use the block editor to put parts of your new tree where there are leftover parts from the old tree. All tiles from tileset one are in that tileset, including water and ground tiles. Since you're using Pallate 1, everything shows up with a green or brown coloring. Pallate 4 has the water colors
forget about shiny gold , i want use those tiles now http://chimcharsfireworkd.deviantart...0418?offset=10 , what i must do too make it work ? because paint thing didint work this time ;p
Old January 12th, 2012, 12:11 PM
redriders180
Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasz_pro View Post
forget about shiny gold , i want use those tiles now http://chimcharsfireworkd.deviantart...0418?offset=10 , what i must do too make it work ? because paint thing didint work this time ;p
All I can say is pallate editing, recoloring those sprites, and assembling them in the block editor. The same process I've described before applies to all tiles.

Superfan of Pokemon Glazed? Click here to join the official Pokemon Glazed Facebook Page!

Thank you for hatching the eggs!
Please view these dragons! Just click them and you're done!
If you don't help them grow up, they'll die...

Old January 12th, 2012, 02:12 PM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngelDerRisse View Post
I'm looking for a way to change the Shiny Pallette Pointers to point to a new seperate sprite and pallette. Is there a way to do this?

I want to do this, so that I can have a different Sprite show up when a "shiny" pokemon appears in the wild/when sending out

Working In RUBY USA
In short, not easily. Pokemon do not have a separate pointer to their sprite in the case that they are shiny, they use the exact same sprite as their regular coloured counter-parts but the pallet is loaded from elsewhere. You would need quite a lot of ASM in order to do what you what.
Old January 12th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Dane Maiatsu Puffizard
Beginning Trainer

Wonder Card edit. Copy paste no work. Tile allows 4 words only. Description? Nothing.
Old January 12th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Lorenzo The Comic
Pokégen User

Nature: Docile
What's the National Pokédex flag for Ruby/Sapphire? I've been Googling for it and couldn't find the solution.
Old January 12th, 2012, 11:19 PM
EngelDerRisse
www.poilkjmn.info

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to EngelDerRisse Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EngelDerRisse Send a message via Yahoo to EngelDerRisse Send a message via Skype™ to EngelDerRisse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzo The Comic View Post
What's the National Pokédex flag for Ruby/Sapphire? I've been Googling for it and couldn't find the solution.
Check Attachment for National Dex script for Ruby
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NationalDex Script Ruby.jpg‎ (32.6 KB, 19 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Super Mario Bro Hack
Super Engel Bros BETA (Just Scroll Down To Get It)
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~~+~+~+~+~
Old January 13th, 2012, 12:23 AM
Lorenzo The Comic
Pokégen User

Nature: Docile
Holy smokes it worked! Thanks! YouTube ID is CAVMMO-KCjw
Old January 13th, 2012, 05:30 AM
SKRoy
Pokémon Hacker

I add some new pokémons to my Fire Red hack and I set Piplup, Chimchar and Turtwig as starter pokémons. Everything works until they are going to evolve. The evolving proces started but then it stops and happends what you can see on the picture... In YAPE I set the evoltions, so it has to work, but it didn't work... How can I fix this?

Old January 13th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKRoy View Post
I add some new pokémons to my Fire Red hack and I set Piplup, Chimchar and Turtwig as starter pokémons. Everything works until they are going to evolve. The evolving proces started but then it stops and happends what you can see on the picture... In YAPE I set the evoltions, so it has to work, but it didn't work... How can I fix this?

Something to do with the national dex, I'm guessing. Is it enabled? Have you patched the ROM to work with updating the pokedex correctly for new Pokemon? If I recall, it crashes when updating the pokedex flags in a clean ROM.
Old January 13th, 2012, 06:16 AM
SKRoy
Pokémon Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthatron View Post
Something to do with the national dex, I'm guessing. Is it enabled? Have you patched the ROM to work with updating the pokedex correctly for new Pokemon? If I recall, it crashes when updating the pokedex flags in a clean ROM.
I didn't change anything to the pokédex, so how can I fix it?
Old January 13th, 2012, 06:27 AM
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Quote:
I didn't change anything to the pokédex, so how can I fix it?
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=249530

Read that thread. Warning: It's a little complex.
Old January 13th, 2012, 06:38 AM
SKRoy
Pokémon Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthatron View Post
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=249530

Read that thread. Warning: It's a little complex.
Oké, its complex... I don't understand what they mean with:
Evolutions work without National Dex: Spoiler:
At 0xCE91A change the next 4 bytes to 00 00 14 E0. This makes the previously conditional branch into an unconditional branch, which fixes the evolutions.

Can you explain this?
Old January 13th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Can you explain this?
Change those 4 bytes to those 4 mentioned, it cannot be easier :D
But I would suggest you to enable National Dex... that could be easier I guess

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old January 13th, 2012, 08:20 AM
SKRoy
Pokémon Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

Change those 4 bytes to those 4 mentioned, it cannot be easier :D
But I would suggest you to enable National Dex... that could be easier I guess
Oké, but what does that mean, where and how can I change that?
Old January 13th, 2012, 01:59 PM
redriders180

Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Quote:
Oké, but what does that mean, where and how can I change that?
Open your rom in a hex editor (google for one), go to the listed offset, and change the numbers to what the tutorial says.

Superfan of Pokemon Glazed? Click here to join the official Pokemon Glazed Facebook Page!

Old January 14th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Quickster
Dream or Drop?

Nature: Quiet
So Im editing maps in Fire Red, specifically the Naval Rock maps that are just a room with two ladders. Im changing the dimensions and tileset numbers, but when I try to warp to them in game, i get a black screen. Do I need to do something with the headers or something like that?

EDIT: Its not even every map, its just a few.

EDIT2: Found the answer here if anyone is interested. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...7&postcount=40

But sometimes I want to come back to it...

Last edited by Quickster; January 15th, 2012 at 07:03 AM.
Old January 15th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Speedster
The Unknown

If anyone could help me it would be very appreciated. I've been working with OWs a lot lately and now I'm getting close to the maximum number of different sprite pallets on a map. Well I'm trying to change the Pallet of an OW in VBA memory viewer (DO NOT SAY "Use NSE or something" because I doing something totally different) and I can't find out how to save something onto the game without it changing back. If anyone could tell me how to do that or even better how to find the hex offset of a memory viewer adress it would be greatly appreciated.

.:Aegis:.
~coming soon~
Old January 15th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Quickster
Dream or Drop?

Nature: Quiet
[SIZE="a"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedster View Post
If anyone could help me it would be very appreciated. I've been working with OWs a lot lately and now I'm getting close to the maximum number of different sprite pallets on a map. Well I'm trying to change the Pallet of an OW in VBA memory viewer (DO NOT SAY "Use NSE or something" because I doing something totally different) and I can't find out how to save something onto the game without it changing back. If anyone could tell me how to do that or even better how to find the hex offset of a memory viewer adress it would be greatly appreciated.
I'm not completely sure, but could you use writebyteto and use that offset?[/SIZE]

EDIT: Ahh, I think you can use writebytetooffset. The memory viewer offset being the offset you write it too. Like writebytetooffset [byte] [pointer to write it to]. I havent tried, but it should work, at least in my head.

But sometimes I want to come back to it...

Last edited by Quickster; January 15th, 2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old January 15th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Plumpyfoof

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Plumpyfoof
Hacking TM's in Fire Red.
I want to change the attacks they teach and add more to the game
Is it possible?
Is it difficult?
Old January 15th, 2012, 11:44 PM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumpyfoof View Post
Hacking TM's in Fire Red.
I want to change the attacks they teach and add more to the game
Is it possible?
Is it difficult?
You can edit the moves taught by TM with Darthatron's TM Editor. Adding more TMs/ HMs is impossible without ASM, but Jambo51's upcoming 649 patch has an extra 45 TMs (though it is still in development).
Old January 16th, 2012, 12:01 AM
Teh Blazer
Divider of Zero

Nature: Relaxed
Could anyone show me how to insert the uncompressed 64x64 images that JPAN's patch says I can now do (the one with the fossil special)? Or anything else that will basically help me would be greatly appreciated.
Old January 16th, 2012, 07:20 AM
link12552
just tired, that's all

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Blazer View Post
Could anyone show me how to insert the uncompressed 64x64 images that JPAN's patch says I can now do (the one with the fossil special)? Or anything else that will basically help me would be greatly appreciated.
Well, I don't know how JPAN's fossil code works, but I do know that both versions of NSE have an insert function, though, 2.X's is a bit more complete.
Old January 16th, 2012, 07:33 AM
AustinWolff
has left

Nature: Brave
Would anyone tell me if I'm on the right track? I'm finding a way to switch the order You can use HM's without changing the order you obtain the badges

Ex: First badge allows Rock Smash
Spoiler:
You would have to switch the moves entirely. First rename the move Cut to rock smash then change what it does in An Attack Editor... then go to UnLz and switch which animations for cut with rock smash
Old January 16th, 2012, 08:38 AM
redriders180

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinWolff View Post
Would anyone tell me if I'm on the right track? I'm finding a way to switch the order You can use HM's without changing the order you obtain the badges

Ex: First badge allows Rock Smash
Spoiler:
You would have to switch the moves entirely. First rename the move Cut to rock smash then change what it does in An Attack Editor... then go to UnLz and switch which animations for cut with rock smash
I can't help but feel this would cause problems. For example, a cut tree would now be checking for the move Rock Smash instead of Cut. Say you switched Strength and Surf. You would then need the move called surf to move boulders! Cut, Strength, and Rock Smash are all person events, which means it's easy to just change "checkflag 0x823" to "checkflag 0x820" (for the cut-rock smash switch). Surf, Waterfall, Flash and Fly, of course, are harder to change. I think the key is to just change all those flags.

Old January 16th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Eelektross
Unhatched Egg

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...=270514&page=2
For Ruby
HELP
Would ANYONE know of a way to fix the items in this or any hack? TM34 and 49 were broken by that damngood-for-nothing Item Editor. If it wasn't for the fact that it also affects YAPE, it wouldn't matter so much, but I NEED to use YAPE before I release this. Basically, the TM Data got wrecked by Item Editor an I suspect it's a hex issue, but there's a reason I'm asking...If anyone knows of ANY way I can fix this, hex or anything, or wants to fix it for me, please do. My latest backup that didn't get fracked up is from 3 days ago, and I made a -lot- of progress in those 3 days. 52 hours of it, to be exact.
:cries:

Last edited by Eelektross; January 16th, 2012 at 03:59 PM. Reason: LINK
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links