The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 18th, 2012, 07:46 AM
ikaroschase
サンダース the crackling of sparks

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ikaroschase Send a message via Skype™ to ikaroschase
Name: ikaroschase
Partner Pokemon: bulbasaur
Reason for joining: grass pokemon <333 my favourite move is vine whip ouo it may not be that powerful but it sure is useful :D

What was your first EVER grass type Pokemon?
the first game i ever got was pokemon firered (: i started with squirtle
[i don't know why \(O-O)/ but right now its bulbasaur>charmander>squirtle]
and that's the reason why my first ever grass pokemon was not bulbasaur but... oddish.

firered&leafgreen

black&white

Old January 18th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post

New topic: 'Which Grass type Pokemon do you find scariest?'

I think for me its a hard choice between Scyther and Victreebell... Although I suppose the Bellsprout family aren't renowned for their speed so it might not be all that hard to outrun one of them! Scyther on the other hand would hunt you down and... *shudders* This picture ain't for the faint of heart ;p

Spoiler:
I've never actually found Scyther scary before I saw this, but as Avishka said, it isn't a Grass type, sadly enough.

Victreebel, though, is not one of my happiest childhood memories. The design is not bad at all and I actually kind of like it, but I've always thought it looked really scary, especially when I was younger, which lead to several unpleasant dreams, which makes it clear which Grass type Pokémon I find the scariest.

Spoiler:
Old January 18th, 2012, 04:47 PM
ikaroschase

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ikaroschase Send a message via Skype™ to ikaroschase
What is your favourite Grass type Pokémon, and why is it your favourite?
i like the bulbasaur evolution line <3 the bulbasaur family is one of the first grass types i ever came to know about so they hold a special place in my heart ouo

Which Grass type Pokemon do you find scariest?
generally, i don't find grass types scary. their designs are all so awesome owo but if i really had to choose, it would be ferrothorn \(O-O)/

Old January 18th, 2012, 05:02 PM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Careful
^ Ew, that. Ferrothorn deinfitely, look at that thing. wouldn't want to get on its bad side thats for sure. If I had another choice I'd definately choose cacnea and the cacturne line. Even though cacturne is pre' cool, its is definitely kind spooky.
Old January 18th, 2012, 07:48 PM
AquaFin
Mudkip Commander

Nature: Brave
Hey its AquaFin, I'd love to join your club xD
Name : AquaFin
Partner Pokemon : Sceptile
Reason for Joining : I also share a love of Grass Pokemon, most of them have high defense and powerful attacks plus they are apart of nature and their designs are clever.
Old January 18th, 2012, 08:17 PM
curiousnathan

Welcome AquaFin, enjoy your stay here! ^^

Anyway, have fun xD;
Old January 19th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikaroschase View Post
What is your favourite Grass type Pokémon, and why is it your favourite?
i like the bulbasaur evolution line <3 the bulbasaur family is one of the first grass types i ever came to know about so they hold a special place in my heart ouo

Which Grass type Pokemon do you find scariest?
generally, i don't find grass types scary. their designs are all so awesome owo but if i really had to choose, it would be ferrothorn \(O-O)/

This picture is utterly terrifying. ^_^ I tried searching for cute images of Ferrothorn but they don't seem to exist :(

I'm now scared of Shaymin too. :D Grass types are fierce!
Old January 19th, 2012, 02:37 PM
curiousnathan

omg ;;

That reminds me of Skeevers from Skyrim.
Old January 19th, 2012, 03:49 PM
AquaFin
Mudkip Commander

I think the scariest grass type Pokemon is Victreebell because its a Giant flower with teeth looking ready to gobble you up for dinner.
Old January 19th, 2012, 10:48 PM
curiousnathan

^ True. And if I remember in the manga, they preform some tribal ritual, and try and cook you or something. xD, talk about a shameful death.
Old January 20th, 2012, 02:04 AM
ikaroschase

^ but still, they were the ones who protected red from the nidoking :D even though it was because red is part of their meal

Old January 20th, 2012, 02:39 AM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Ω & α... Join the Bandwagon!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Shiftry and Cacturne look shady but the scariest are victreebell, cradliy and ferrothorn by a mile
Old January 20th, 2012, 02:52 AM
curiousnathan

^Truees.

But I still think they're evil. I reckon the only reason to protect them was just so they could save their lunch from being spoiled. xD;
Old January 20th, 2012, 05:12 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Name: ♪Twiggy♪
Partner Pokemon: Turtwig (Twiggy)
Reason for joining: Well, as you can see from my avatar, profile and signature, I'm a Turtwig guy. And I love Grass types in general, but extra love for Turtwig and Snivy lines! Better get into the discussion or something.
Old January 20th, 2012, 07:28 PM
curiousnathan

Welcome Twiggy. ^^ Have fun discussing everything there is about grass types.
Old January 21st, 2012, 05:46 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Now, discussion of Grass types... uh... wait, what's the current topic?

Seems like we have an... image problem with some of the Grass types. :p (pun maybe intended)

Anything can be scary. Anything can be cute. It all depends on how you view it! That Shaymin pic is probably one of the best examples of it.
Old January 21st, 2012, 03:27 PM
curiousnathan

That is true Twiggy, with a few design adjustments you can turn literally any pokemon scary. x(

Alright new topic.

If you had the option to change one non-grass type into a grass type, what would it be? (And a twist:) If you could change a grass type into another type, what would that Pokemon be?

Old January 21st, 2012, 03:50 PM
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious. View Post

Alright new topic.

If you had the option to change one non-grass type into a grass type, what would it be? (And a twist:) If you could change a grass type into another type, what would that Pokemon be?
The Pokémon I would turn into a Grass type would be Scyther. As Alex already provided an example of, it can easily be mistaken for a Grass type, and I honestly think that it seems more suiting. By replacing Flying with Grass it would become a Grass/Bug dualtype, which would be the first one of that.

There aren't really any Grass types that I think should've been something else, but I'd pick Deerling if anyone. I don't get why it got the additional Grass typing, as I think it would've been fine staying a Normal type :|
Old January 22nd, 2012, 07:57 AM
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Otherworld9) Send a message via Skype™ to Otherworld9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
I'm wondering if its time for a new topic? Most members have answered the current ones. :p

New topic: 'Which Grass type Pokemon do you find scariest?'

I think for me its a hard choice between Scyther and Victreebell... Although I suppose the Bellsprout family aren't renowned for their speed so it might not be all that hard to outrun one of them! Scyther on the other hand would hunt you down and... *shudders* This picture ain't for the faint of heart ;p

Spoiler:

Edit: D'oh, Sycther's not grass. xD But it should be ;D
I would also have to agree with Cradily on this one. I just can't help but the eyes. I would go with Ferrothorn...yet I can't see myself to get myself scared by it as much as Cradily.

Quote:
That is true Twiggy, with a few design adjustments you can turn literally any pokemon scary. x(

Alright new topic.

If you had the option to change one non-grass type into a grass type, what would it be? (And a twist If you could change a grass type into another type, what would that Pokemon be?

Hmm...that's quite hard. I would have to say that Ferrothorn seems more of a dark type than grass, so that takes my vote. As for who should be grass..I really can't say.

Last edited by Otherworld9); January 22nd, 2012 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 02:08 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Alright new topic.

Interesting topic! I'm not sure if we're talking about for usefulness or based on the Pokemon, so I'll speak in terms of the Pokemon :3 I think one Pokemon that really should've been Grass type is Scyther. It looks much more like a Grass type than bug type to me! Its Flying side also confuses me a bit... I think one that shouldn't be grass type is Paras/Parasect... They seem to me like they should either be just Bug, or Bug/Poison. :3

By the way, does anyone else think 'Grass' type is an odd name? I'm not sure what else they'd be called, but something about 'Grass' seems weird to me... Maybe Plant types might sound more natural? :p
Old January 22nd, 2012, 03:25 PM
curiousnathan

Ooh, good points. Mmm, though I always though paras was a grass type due to its little mushroom. :3 But Scyther definately, shouldn't be flying type epescially when I can recall a pokedex entry stating it rarely flies..or something along the lines of that. (That also remind me of gyarados which is Water/Flygin which I hate! ;o;)

Mmm! I've always thought that to, but I guess I've sort of adapted to the name over time tbh; but I wouldn't mind a change which I think is highly unlikely. ;;

Well here's a little activity, though done several time in other clubs, I think, would be good to do, just for the sake of it xD;

Make up a grass type move:

Name: Nature Lash

Physical or Special?
Power: 90
Accuracy: 85
Type: Grass
Description: The users scratches the foe with a claw or scythe covered in sharp leaves.

Last edited by curiousnathan; January 23rd, 2012 at 05:58 PM.
Old January 24th, 2012, 02:08 AM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Ω & α... Join the Bandwagon!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Burn Off
----------
----------
Grass

The users burns of unneeded growth to sharply increase speed, but the attack stat is lowered.
Old January 25th, 2012, 01:27 PM
curiousnathan

Come on! Add some more details! :>
Old January 25th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Xeberos
Friendship is Magic <3

Name: Xeberos
Partner Pokémon: Torterra
Why did you join: I love Grass-type Pokémon. Grass-type Pokémon are cool and cute.
Co-Owner of The Cute Pokemon Club
Old January 25th, 2012, 02:09 PM
curiousnathan

Have a jolly good time here Xeberos! :3

Sponsored Links