The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old September 30th, 2011 (11:22 AM).
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by froozenbond View Post
hello Team Fail...
I was searching how to make this for long time and finally I found it...
I was reading the instructions but I can´t understand how do you make the loop in Fl Studio...
please, can you make a video explaining how we make the loop, please...

sorry if I misspelled, my english is not very good...

thanks for the tutorial :D
Yup. But you don't use FL Studio to insert the loop. You use Anvil Studio.

You are challenged by Lorekeeper Zinnia!
Pairs | Twitter | Alt | Alt II | PHO
Old October 11th, 2011 (10:10 AM).
Epic-Latios-Fan
I'm a thread bumper!

Nature: Quirky
Um, theres a problem with CrystalTile2...

Like, when I download and opened it, my anti-virus software thinks it's a virus or something like that... Have you checked on it recently?
Old October 11th, 2011 (10:15 AM).
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic-Latios-Fan View Post
Um, theres a problem with CrystalTile2...

Like, when I download and opened it, my anti-virus software thinks it's a virus or something like that... Have you checked on it recently?
There is nothing wrong with it. It might be a false positive. What is your anti-virus? I made the .zip files so there isn't any viruses in it.

Old October 11th, 2011 (08:45 PM).
Epic-Latios-Fan
I'm a thread bumper!

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
There is nothing wrong with it. It might be a false positive. What is your anti-virus? I made the .zip files so there isn't any viruses in it.
The anti-virus (Or firewall) software I use is Norton 360.
Old October 12th, 2011 (05:03 AM).
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic-Latios-Fan View Post
The anti-virus (Or firewall) software I use is Norton 360.
I've heard of N360 giving false positives, I've had it myself. I've ensured that it is virus free, because I'd be getting a pretty big infraction here if I intentionally put one in there. If you want, search Google for another copy of CrystalTile2 and see if that one does the same thing.

Old October 23rd, 2011 (11:38 AM).
Oxnite
aka Arbok

When I try to use the ''new'' midi2sseq.exe, it tells me that two .dll files are missing (libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll and libstdc++-6.dll).

I tried searching for them, but I couldn't find any download links. Besides, I guess this shouldn't be needed at all since this tutorial doesn't mention them.

How do I solve this problem?
Old October 26th, 2011 (08:03 AM).
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxnite View Post
When I try to use the ''new'' midi2sseq.exe, it tells me that two .dll files are missing (libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll and libstdc++-6.dll).

I tried searching for them, but I couldn't find any download links. Besides, I guess this shouldn't be needed at all since this tutorial doesn't mention them.

How do I solve this problem?
You do need them. I'll find some links for them later. When you get them, put them in the same directory as MIDI2SSEQ and try running it again.

libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll
libstdc++-6.dll

Old January 20th, 2012 (10:11 PM).
Tsukimaru
Double battles veteran

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Yahoo to Tsukimaru
GUYS, I NEED URGENT HELP!!! i`m stucked in the part of FL exporting midi
i did all as it say, but the file doesnt export with all the extra sound effects, it just export the original midi, and im about to rip my hair because i`ve tried everything!!! the song im trying to export is from Castelvania: Dawn of Sorrow, the battle theme when you fight Dimitri (i really dont expect that all of u stand what i mean, no offense), but the point is that im getting pissed at trying plsss help meeee... T-T

/showthread.php?t=188702

Diamond FC:1719-2198-5393.
Platinum FC:3395-0270-3626
HeartGold FC: 4297-5796-7530

Check out my battles and comment please xP:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9P1Zd4exY4
Old January 20th, 2012 (10:35 PM).
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukimaru View Post
GUYS, I NEED URGENT HELP!!! :( i`m stucked in the part of FL exporting midi :(
i did all as it say, but the file doesnt export with all the extra sound effects, it just export the original midi, and im about to rip my hair because i`ve tried everything!!! :S the song im trying to export is from Castelvania: Dawn of Sorrow, the battle theme when you fight Dimitri (i really dont expect that all of u stand what i mean, no offense), but the point is that im getting pissed at trying :( plsss help meeee... T-T
That's what it's supposed to do. The patch numbers will match up with values in the soundbank file in the DS rom and it will sound like it did in FL Studio once you insert it.

Old January 21st, 2012 (08:41 AM). Edited January 21st, 2012 by Tsukimaru.
Tsukimaru
Double battles veteran

Quote:
That's what it's supposed to do. The patch numbers will match up with values in the soundbank file in the DS rom and it will sound like it did in FL Studio once you insert it.
ohhh... rly? well then, i`ll continue my project and if something goes up, i`ll letcha know. thx

hey, new issue i did everything and inserted the file, but when i try it, no sound is displayed there was a strange message when using the sseq converter saying (tempo is too fast). d u think that it is thte problem?

/showthread.php?t=188702

Old January 22nd, 2012 (05:34 PM).
Renegade
Time for real life...

Nature: Careful
Whenever I try to download the Pack, it says "The item you are downloading is either unavailable to you or has just been deleted by the owner". Solutions? Please respond!
Old January 22nd, 2012 (07:34 PM).
Tsukimaru
Double battles veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalStatic View Post
Whenever I try to download the Pack, it says "The item you are downloading is either unavailable to you or has just been deleted by the owner". Solutions? Please respond!
well, it pretty obvious that the file is no longer hosted in the download page that you`re using. try googling another site where to download it

/showthread.php?t=188702

Old January 23rd, 2012 (10:30 AM).
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmfulDesign View Post
Also, could someone please how to edit the game files so that one track plays instead of another. (I want to swap the Elite Four theme with the Kanto Champoin theme) Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Okay, I'm not one to talk about these things, and no one has seemed to answer your question, but in a FileViewer (Like Tinke) you can find the main .sdat file that directs the game to all of the songs.

Whatever. Just find the file.

Then, you look at the box, where it lists the file information.

Look for "offset", and in HxD (what a wonderful program) go to that offset.
Then, using the "search" button, find the pointer-offset (reversed offset) of the file you want to edit. Remember to use the "search forward" option.

If you want to replace, do a "search and replace" for the first file, and then do a "search and replace" for the second file.

Now, I don't know if this works, but all the files listed seem to correspond to the ones I found after the offset...

Old January 25th, 2012 (05:48 PM).
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukimaru View Post
ohhh... rly? well then, i`ll continue my project and if something goes up, i`ll letcha know. thx ;)

hey, new issue :S i did everything and inserted the file, but when i try it, no sound is displayed :S there was a strange message when using the sseq converter saying (tempo is too fast). d u think that it is thte problem?
You can't just cut the MIDI from one game and paste it into another and have it work. You'll have to edit it using the DLS file from the game you plan to put it in.

Oh and be sure to use the new version of MIDI2SSEQ if you aren't already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalStatic View Post
I don't think I've deleted it, but I plan to make a new Hack Pack as the one that there already is, is incredibly outdated since I have written the original tutorial quite a while ago. I plan to include all the new tools and any needed files to it.

I might get it together sometime soon, but I'm not sure when.

Old February 9th, 2012 (09:36 PM).
fortwaffles
Beginning Trainer

@Tsukimaru ... and everyone else I guess. SSEQ's fail to play correctly when the tempo is higher than 240. I've done a ton of stuff with the sseq format... including hacking them into the actual official cartridge.
Old February 9th, 2012 (09:53 PM).
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
I noticed that VGMTrans exports the SSEQs to their respective General MIDI sounds. Does MIDI2SSEQ do the same, but in reverse?

(I'm asking because FL Studio doesn't quite work for me with MIDIs)

Old February 10th, 2012 (09:08 AM).
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortwaffles View Post
@Tsukimaru ... and everyone else I guess. SSEQ's fail to play correctly when the tempo is higher than 240. I've done a ton of stuff with the sseq format... including hacking them into the actual official cartridge.
How would you put them in an official cartridge?
Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
I noticed that VGMTrans exports the SSEQs to their respective General MIDI sounds. Does MIDI2SSEQ do the same, but in reverse?

(I'm asking because FL Studio doesn't quite work for me with MIDIs)
Pretty much, yes. It just takes what's there for MIDI code and converts it into the SSEQ format that the DS can understand. VGMTrans does the opposite- converting SSEQ code into MIDI code.

Old February 10th, 2012 (01:03 PM).
ipatix
Sound Expert

Nature: Relaxed
Can somebody upload the "Hack Pack" again, the link is offline...
Old February 10th, 2012 (03:28 PM).
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipatix View Post
Can somebody upload the "Hack Pack" again, the link is offline...
It's horribly, horribly outdated. I plan to make a new Hack Pack when I next update the tutorial. idk when that will be, but I plan to get around to it soon. It will clear up one thing that limits this tutorial: file size restrictions.

Old February 16th, 2012 (11:11 PM).
TheHackster
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Serious
I'm still curious on how Markitus95 does the .mp3 hacking in his DS games. I did most of what was instructed. For example, I'm trying to insert a 1:14 long .mp3 file into a Pokémon White game. The filesize of the .swar seems to be larger than that of the previous one, by a lot (1.56 MB). Inserting that will result in either a drastically increased filesize (which causes a blackscreen) on the game, or it will delete as many .swar files as the file will need to fit the game's filesize (which mutes the song, perhaps for breaking the game's music system). I was thinking maybe compressing the .swar would work, but I'm not quite sure.

Also, I don't know what to do with the .sbnk. As for looping, is it the same method that is instructed here? And the .sseq, it has only has one track, which means it will be smaller. Is that normal? Tell me if I'm close.
Old February 16th, 2012 (11:53 PM).
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHackster View Post
I'm still curious on how Markitus95 does the .mp3 hacking in his DS games. I did most of what was instructed. For example, I'm trying to insert a 1:14 long .mp3 file into a Pokémon White game. The filesize of the .swar seems to be larger than that of the previous one, by a lot (1.56 MB). Inserting that will result in either a drastically increased filesize (which causes a blackscreen) on the game, or it will delete as many .swar files as the file will need to fit the game's filesize (which mutes the song, perhaps for breaking the game's music system). I was thinking maybe compressing the .swar would work, but I'm not quite sure.

Also, I don't know what to do with the .sbnk. As for looping, is it the same method that is instructed here? And the .sseq, it has only has one track, which means it will be smaller. Is that normal? Tell me if I'm close.
You're correct. The SSEQ format is a generic tracked format, so it should work. As for filesize, Don't worry about it changing the size. SWAR and SWAV files are loaded on the fly from the SDAT, so even if the SDAT is 20 MB (Not that it would be) in size, it'd load properly. A good idea, though, is to take your rom, and unzip it using a DS rom decompresser, kinda like what PPRE does when you go to open a new Rom (Where it goes in the TMP directory). That way, you can just copy/paste in your new SDAT and zip it back up with no regards to the filesize.

And yes, the SSEQ would be smaller. It just instructs the DS to play certain samples with certain properties.

Old February 22nd, 2012 (10:47 AM).
darkdarkrai
No. 1 World at war fanboy

Nature: Jolly
Where can you find Magicsseq.dll? I tried on youtube (It is not on gbatemp , utuber6061 tricked us all) and I saw this video saying a guy called 'Edwidge' made it. The only mirror today that hosts it is down and the files are corrupted. If someone has a link please post it or PM Me.

I support

Old February 22nd, 2012 (12:42 PM).
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdarkrai View Post
Where can you find Magicsseq.dll? I tried on youtube (It is not on gbatemp , utuber6061 tricked us all:disappoin) and I saw this video saying a guy called 'Edwidge' made it. The only mirror today that hosts it is down and the files are corrupted. If someone has a link please post it or PM Me.
As far as I know, it does not exist. I found a copy of it once upon a time, but it was a null DLL- it was all zerobytes. You don't need it to loop anyways, the new MIDI2SSEQ and Anvil Studio can do that for you.

As for that YouTube video, I saw it once (I can't seem to find it again :\) but it looked a little outdated. I'd go with using the method illustrated in this guide until I can find an actual, working copy of MagicSSEQ and test it. If I do find it, I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Old February 23rd, 2012 (10:24 AM).
darkdarkrai
No. 1 World at war fanboy

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
As far as I know, it does not exist. I found a copy of it once upon a time, but it was a null DLL- it was all zerobytes. You don't need it to loop anyways, the new MIDI2SSEQ and Anvil Studio can do that for you.

As for that YouTube video, I saw it once (I can't seem to find it again :\) but it looked a little outdated. I'd go with using the method illustrated in this guide until I can find an actual, working copy of MagicSSEQ and test it. If I do find it, I'll be sure to let everyone know.
Thanks for the help Team Fail!

I support

Old February 25th, 2012 (11:22 PM).
shadebattle
Beauty is Matched with Pain

Nature: Naughty
How do I exactly insert an mp3 into FL to make a loop? Whenever I try and save to Midi, I get no sound.

Ask for my friend code.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links