Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Old January 19th, 2012 (09:03 PM).
SomeGuy7337

Okay my three things that i do need help with are

1) where do i find the starters

2) I have not found any of legandaries besides Suicine and Latios

3) What are the flutes for i have found quite alot of them but not found the reason for them
Old January 19th, 2012 (09:55 PM).
Sayan
is tightening its focus

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by SomeGuy7337:
Okay my three things that i do need help with are

1) where do i find the starters

2) I have not found any of legandaries besides Suicine and Latios

3) What are the flutes for i have found quite alot of them but not found the reason for them
Here are the locations of the starters. They're given to you, they do not appear in the wild.

1. Bulbasaur- A guy in Saffron City.

2. Charmander- Fuchsia City.

3. Squirtle- Pewter City.

4. Chikorita- Tohjo Falls.

5. Cyndaquil- Surf south of Route 34.

6. Totodile- Dark Cave. Accessible only if you enter from Blackthorn.

To get more legendaries you must progress more in the storyline. And Latias can be found after you get HM Dive.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old January 20th, 2012 (07:56 AM).
urho18
Beginning Trainer

How does the physical and special move split work, which moves use special attack and which attack?
And also now that the game recognizes time can I evolve my Eevee to Espeon or Umbreon by training it at different times?
Old January 20th, 2012 (09:00 AM).
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by Sayan:
Please, please fix all the TM compatibility issues. It's really killing the gameplay for me!
Which ones are you talking about exactly?
Old January 20th, 2012 (09:33 AM).
Zetsubou Johnny

Nature: Bold
Quote originally posted by linkandzelda:
Which ones are you talking about exactly?
I haven't tried this since i updated to the newest live beta, but Kingdra couldn't use the Dragon breath TM, Salamance can't learn Dragon claw from the move tutor. Gardevoir can learn Dragon breath.

But my main bone to pick is this. I understand you've done your best to keep this as close and relevant to the original game TM wise as possible. But I feel the main elemental TM's should have at least been given someway. Thunderbolt, Flamethrower and Icebeam are major moves for most pokemon and several pokemon who rely on them can't learn them naturally. It kinda bones special attackers.

And will you be including the third gen starters in this game at any point?
Old January 20th, 2012 (10:00 AM).
Sayan
is tightening its focus

@LaZ- Sorry for not being more precise. I have noticed a lot of such move compatibility issues throughout my gameplay, but I haven't noted every single one.

Now I don't think it is possible to review every single Pokemon's TM compatibility in-game, as that would require one to catch all the Pokemon and it'd be very time consuming. It might be easier to do so from the ROM, using the TM learnset bytes. So I thought I'd leave it to you guys.

You can consult Veekun.com for the learnsets. It has every Pokemon's TM learnsets in every generation arranged numerically (that's also the order in which it goes in the ROM, isn't it?). That wouldn't help you with things like Belly Drum and Defense Curl (for gen 3+ Pokemon) though. On second thought, why not use the Mega Punch tutor's compatibility with Belly Drum, that'd be pretty logical I think. Most stuff that can Mega Punch should be able to Belly Drum.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old January 20th, 2012 (11:22 AM).
SomeGuy7337

I just got to the Kanto Radio station, and saw the meeting. I thought the understanding was that Silver (rival) was the son of Giovanni. Thought i might have seen that in here. There were inklings in the games but also in the manga they published as well
Old January 20th, 2012 (11:27 AM).
Sayan
is tightening its focus

^Yes, I also found the meeting to be a little strange. But let's just assume LC is in a parallel universe or something (lol)!

Old January 20th, 2012 (04:58 PM).
esparzamatt

Okay i have a problem i switched the smg from 2.1 to 3.1 and it acts like i battled all the trainers what should i do???? Please And LaZ You are the best for making this game
Old January 21st, 2012 (01:37 AM).
godlesplay

can anyone share .gba of newest version? because when I make my own it not working on my SE W890 (only white screen)
Old January 21st, 2012 (09:57 AM).
Glitch Kitty

Does the guy in Goldenrod who can teach our pokémon Flamethrower/Ice Beam/Thnderbolt for 4000 coins come back if we teach one of our pokémon the move ?
Old January 21st, 2012 (10:01 AM).
esparzamatt

Quote originally posted by Glitch Kitty:
Does the guy in Goldenrod who can teach our pokémon Flamethrower/Ice Beam/Thnderbolt for 4000 coins come back if we teach one of our pokémon the move ?
Yo dude he doesnt _3_ unless you defeated Mewthree
Old January 21st, 2012 (10:04 AM).
SomeGuy7337

Okay i have done something odd. not sure how i did it, but i did. I have beaten all the kanto gyms besides Blaine (can't find him) i have beaten cinnabar island. However i can't find Blaine, and i cant wake snorlax. Where is Blaine and how do i wake snorlax?

Sidenote: when are you supposed to be able to get the legandaries?
Old January 21st, 2012 (10:20 AM).
Sayan
is tightening its focus

Quote originally posted by Glitch Kitty:
He appears after every Wednesday and Saturday in front of the game corner after you beat the Elite Four (or maybe even before!).

Quote originally posted by esparzamatt:
Yo dude he doesnt _3_ unless you defeated Mewthree
Preposterous!

Old January 21st, 2012 (02:54 PM).
Jamfoo
Beginning Trainer

Hey! I've been waiting for this beta for a while now! Just downloaded the live beta and started playing and it seems pretty great so far. I did, however, notice a problem with the grammar in the text that you get after you pick berries. It says "the soil returned to it's soft and loamy state" when it should say "its." I'd post a link verifying this grammar rule, but last time I tried that, I couldn't post. Sorry I'm being so nitpicky, just something I noticed. Here's to hoping that this hack is as great as it looks!
Old January 22nd, 2012 (03:36 AM).
Othello
Beginning Trainer

I have an issue, I beat the Elite 4 twice, and also beat Red, then Axel called me and told me to meet him at the Kanto Office Block, which I understand to be the building in vermilion city, but he is nowhere to be found when I go there and none of the people inside are any help. I'm really stuck also does the scientist at Mt. Moon ever get out of the way? (He says he is looking for fossils and to come back later). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old January 22nd, 2012 (03:41 AM).
godlesplay

Quote originally posted by godlesplay:
can anyone share .gba of newest version? because when I make my own it not working on my SE W890 (only white screen)
anyone? I really want play it but I can't...
Old January 22nd, 2012 (03:44 AM).
zZJoennZz
What da!?
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to zZJoennZz
Can't post links to roms but just search for Pokemon Fire Red and it'll work.

...mehehehe
Old January 22nd, 2012 (05:40 AM).
ravski00
Beginning Trainer

which date the next beta come out ???
Old January 22nd, 2012 (06:20 AM).
TBgamer4life

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to TBgamer4life
HELP! I'm doing a liquid crystal let's play on youtube and now I upgraded to 3.1 but all the trainers are already beaten! I went to a new gym (cianwood) and all trainers except for the gym leader was already beaten, then I went to mahogany (haven't gone there yet) and the same problem, the trainers which I've never battled yet didn't fight me, when I talk to them they say stuff like "that was a good battle!" but I haven't battled them yet please fix this it's a good gam otherwise
Old January 22nd, 2012 (08:05 AM).
Stefke
Togepi

Nature: Bashful
Quote originally posted by TBgamer4life:
HELP! I'm doing a liquid crystal let's play on youtube and now I upgraded to 3.1 but all the trainers are already beaten! I went to a new gym (cianwood) and all trainers except for the gym leader was already beaten, then I went to mahogany (haven't gone there yet) and the same problem, the trainers which I've never battled yet didn't fight me, when I talk to them they say stuff like "that was a good battle!" but I haven't battled them yet please fix this it's a good gam otherwise
According to LaZ, you should talk to a box in a corner of the player's room, that's what he explains at page 63 anyway. Hope this helps
Old January 22nd, 2012 (08:20 AM).
liquidcrystaluser1234

What exactly do you do in the Lost woods? I saw something about following bees and finding a hidden entrance but I'm at a complete loss.
Old January 22nd, 2012 (08:51 AM).
Sayan
is tightening its focus

^In lost woods you must step on some tiles that would emit a special sound, thereby triggering switches. When all switches are triggered, a new path opens.

Old January 22nd, 2012 (09:15 AM).
TombolaMan
Beginning Trainer

Assuming Blaine is on Seafoam Islands i can't get to him. Both routes from Fuchsia and Cinnabar are blocked off. I'd rather not have to resort to the walk through walls cheat. Can anyone help with this?
Old January 22nd, 2012 (01:53 PM).
crazy_360

Hello guys, i have a big bug on gameboid i cant continue the game i'm stuck on saffron silph co house, i tried patch the last live beta today but still no luck anyone can help? Thanks.

See the video:

youtu.be/ldOad6L7xHw
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links