The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 16th, 2012 (05:59 PM).
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eelektross View Post
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...=270514&page=2
For Ruby
HELP
Would ANYONE know of a way to fix the items in this or any hack? TM34 and 49 were broken by that damngood-for-nothing Item Editor. If it wasn't for the fact that it also affects YAPE, it wouldn't matter so much, but I NEED to use YAPE before I release this. Basically, the TM Data got wrecked by Item Editor an I suspect it's a hex issue, but there's a reason I'm asking...If anyone knows of ANY way I can fix this, hex or anything, or wants to fix it for me, please do. My latest backup that didn't get fracked up is from 3 days ago, and I made a -lot- of progress in those 3 days. 52 hours of it, to be exact.
:cries:
I don't know why you gave a link to POKéMON Keratin, but anyway...

I had encountered the same problem once. Luckily for me, I did saved a LOT of back-up before doing anything.
Anyway, I believe you can open a clean ROM through a Hex Editor, go to the TM and HM pointer, and copy the TM data and paste it over your damaged ROM-hack.
Of course, save a back-up before performing my suggestion.
If not, then I guess you'll either need to look for someone who's an expert on that field, or start to copy+paste your latest updates on your back-up. =/
Old January 16th, 2012 (06:56 PM).
Eelektross
Unhatched Egg

Thanks! I must have posted the wrong link lD.
It's this one, just to prove I'm not spamming http://www.mediafire.com/?tx6fc6z3622uktg

But I'll try that now...
Hopefully it works.
Is the TM pointer the individual one for each TM, or for the whole set? I'm assuming the former.
Old January 17th, 2012 (10:26 AM).
robosllim
Unhatched Egg

Me and a few other guys are working on a Fire Red hack. Up until now, I've just been sticking to spriting new Pokemon and trainers (check my album for some examples) and letting other people worry about the maps and text and all that. But now there's a problem I want to try to get fixed.

Whenever an opponent uses an item, it gives a message like:
Quote:
"Trainer used ESCAPE ROPE! The opponent's Pokemon was cured of its burn!"
or something along those lines. Two problems with that: one, is that the trainer was supposed to use a Potion, not an Escape Rope; two, the burn or other status condition remained and no HP was restored.

Sometimes trainers use Rare Candies or ??????? items or a number of other things. Items that the player uses are fine and nothing else about trainers seems to be messed up.

I'm very inexperienced with the tools and haven't touched hex editing except in few and far between cases, but... The Item Editor for the hacked ROM looks the same as for an un-hacked ROM, and the items set in Advance Trainer all appear to be correct -- lots of Hyper Potions and X-Attacks with no Escape Ropes to be found. The tools aren't telling me anything, so I don't know where to start with fixing this. The guy in charge says he "messed up the item table", but he's focusing on other things right now and can't seem to elaborate.

destinedjagold's response above sounds like it might be relevant, but the question there is, how do I find out where in the hex the item data is located?

Any help would be very much appreciated!
Old January 17th, 2012 (05:08 PM).
DavidJCobb
RESIDENT RAAAAAAAAAAAAGEMASTER

Nature: Lonely
Offset of item table: 0x03DB028

Offset of an item's entry in the item table: 0x03DB028 + (hex number of item * 0x2C)

Structure of an item's data:
Bytes 00-13 Name
Bytes 14-15 Index
Bytes 16-17 Price
Bytes 18 Special value 1
Bytes 19 Special value 2
Bytes 20-23 Description pointer
Bytes 24-25 Mystery values
Bytes 26 Bag pocket
Bytes 27 "Distinguish between different types of item" (?)
Bytes 28-31 Field use asm pointer
Bytes 32 Item use location
Bytes 33-35 Unknown
Bytes 36-39 Battle use asm pointer
Bytes 40-43 "Other uses"
Old January 17th, 2012 (08:42 PM).
Nate VonGrimm
Mime Jr.

Nature: Relaxed
Can someone tell me where or how I can find out the cries for Pokemon in Ruby?

Because of the gap between the S/G/C cries and the R/S/E cries, I do not know what numbers are for what R/S/E pokemon.

Old January 17th, 2012 (08:53 PM).
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate VonGrimm View Post
Can someone tell me where or how I can find out the cries for Pokemon in Ruby?

Because of the gap between the S/G/C cries and the R/S/E cries, I do not know what numbers are for what R/S/E pokemon.
You can use YAPE and view the Game number of the POKéMON.

And then you can just simply write it with this format...
Code:
cry 252 0
...and XSE will do the convertion process.
Old January 18th, 2012 (06:58 AM). Edited January 18th, 2012 by robosllim.
robosllim
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidJCobb View Post
Offset of item table: 0x03DB028
And will this offset always be the same, even if the ROM has changed size or... I don't know, is there anything else that could effect it? If it can be moved, how can I tell where it was moved to?
Though, I guess, it seems like the battle use pointer is what would be off. If that got screwed up... Can I, I dunno, find some free space, copy all the ASM from a good ROM over to that, then change the pointers to point there?

EDIT: The item table is the same in both ROMs. Checking a few key items (potion, full restore, x-attack), I see that the ASM pointed to is also the same in both ROMs. What else can I check?
Old January 18th, 2012 (08:15 AM).
SKRoy
Pokémon Hacker

Yesterday I posed in the 'Progressing Hacks' sector my new progressing hack: Pokémon Mystery Version. After I post it I got the message that the post must properly approved by a moderator. But now I looked and it still isn't there... When will my topic be there?
Old January 18th, 2012 (08:59 AM).
Speedster
The Unknown

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKRoy View Post
Yesterday I posed in the 'Progressing Hacks' sector my new progressing hack: Pokémon Mystery Version. After I post it I got the message that the post must properly approved by a moderator. But now I looked and it still isn't there... When will my topic be there?
As long as you followed the Progessin Hack Thread Rules, your thread should be up within 24 hours of submitting it. If the moderators of emulation are busy it could be 2 days possibly. Just make sure you had all the right components of your thread (Intro, Story, 4 screenshots, ect). Usually, most threads submitted lack a good and somewhat lengthy introduction. Hope this helps.

.:Aegis:.
~coming soon~
Old January 18th, 2012 (12:21 PM).
robosllim
Unhatched Egg

In regards to my previous questions, I have new info and more questions.

After finally figuring out specific examples, it turns out trainers using bad items shouldn't have any items assigned to them. A trainer used a GREEN SHARD to try to cure paralysis, but her item slots in A-Trainer are all empty.

So, new questions: is there some flag, or some... byte somewhere or something that tells a trainer how/when to use items? I tried setting up a debug situation where a certain trainer had a bunch of status healing items attached to him, but when I hit his pokes with poison, burn, or paralysis, he didn't use any of them. So how does the game know a trainer should or shouldn't use items?

It should be noted that I have searched for an answer but can't seem to find it...
Old January 20th, 2012 (07:10 PM).
romancandle

Nature: Adamant
I didn't find it when I searched for it, so I'll ask:

Does anyone know where the Nature values are stored? I want to change the "neutral" natures into double-boosting natures--is that possible and/or where would I find them?
Old January 20th, 2012 (07:23 PM). Edited January 20th, 2012 by neosiotype.
neosiotype
Beginning Trainer

A bit of a weird question. But how come Nidorina/Nidoqueen can't breed with the male Nidos? I heard it's been programmed this way since gen 2.

I came up with a few ideas for why this might be the case and wanted to test them by changing Nidorina/Nidoqueen's egg group with YAPE from "Can't breed" to "Monster, Field" and then I tried to breed her with Nidoking and Ditto. I was actually looking forward to a glitch or something.

But it doesn't seem like it's working... Perhaps I'm using YAPE wrong or is there something more to this?
Old January 21st, 2012 (01:47 AM).
chrunch

Community Supporter

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
There's an evolution method in YAPE called "Low Personality". Does anyone know how to evolve pokemon with it and what it does?
Old January 21st, 2012 (07:10 AM). Edited January 21st, 2012 by The_Show.
The_Show
Banned

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by robosllim View Post
In regards to my previous questions, I have new info and more questions.

After finally figuring out specific examples, it turns out trainers using bad items shouldn't have any items assigned to them. A trainer used a GREEN SHARD to try to cure paralysis, but her item slots in A-Trainer are all empty.

So, new questions: is there some flag, or some... byte somewhere or something that tells a trainer how/when to use items? I tried setting up a debug situation where a certain trainer had a bunch of status healing items attached to him, but when I hit his pokes with poison, burn, or paralysis, he didn't use any of them. So how does the game know a trainer should or shouldn't use items?

It should be noted that I have searched for an answer but can't seem to find it...

Try changing his AI to a higher number. If you want to tell a trainer how/when to use items, you gotta ASM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKRoy View Post
Did it meet the requirements? did it have 4 screenshots showing your progression?
Old January 21st, 2012 (08:13 AM).
redriders180
Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrunch View Post
There's an evolution method in YAPE called "Low Personality". Does anyone know how to evolve pokemon with it and what it does?
Low personality means it evolves into whatever you want if you take its personality value mod 65535 mod 10, and seeing if it's between 0 and 4. Wurmple evolves using this method.

Edit: You can find more info on this process here

Superfan of Pokemon Glazed? Click here to join the official Pokemon Glazed Facebook Page!

Thank you for hatching the eggs!
Please view these dragons! Just click them and you're done!
If you don't help them grow up, they'll die...

Old January 21st, 2012 (06:28 PM).
aar2697

Send a message via Skype™ to aar2697
How do I change the world map a map is associated with for Fire Red? For example, I want to put my Sevii Isle 6 map on the Kanto (First World Map) map. When I added Sevii Isle 6 to the Kanto world map, it's shown on the town map in game, but when I go to Sevii Isle 6 in game and view the town map while I'm there, it shows that I'm at the 4-5 island map when I should be in the Kanto map.

HERE ARE SOME PICTURES FOR THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT:
http :// imageshack .us /g/812/ineedhelpmap1 .png/
(remove the spaces)
Old January 22nd, 2012 (07:38 AM).
MagicDoors
Feeling Great!

Nature: Timid
Well I searched this and couldn't seem to find it.
Does anyone know how I can change the first cutscene in pokemon emerald? (The one in the truck/jumping out of the truck/walking inside)
I've checked both the INSIDE THE TRUCK and LITTLEROOT maps but I can't seem to find any events that start this.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old January 22nd, 2012 (07:48 AM).
I-Like-Shiny-Pichu
Eevee

Location: Somewhere that might be near you, but most likely isn't.
I try to avoid asking questions in here, but I think I may need to. I've had a search (both on google and in the tutorials on here) and can't find anything conclusive. Does anybody know how to edit sprites (NOT overworld) in Pokémon Blue (English)? Preferably not hex editing, as I do not have much experience (and do not currently have a hex editor). Thanks in advance for any help. Shiny

PS. Could you PM me if you reply, as I'm not on here often, mostly just to check my PMs and threads. Thanks again

Yandere and proud!

HCF

Co-Admin of HCF & TCC
Old January 22nd, 2012 (11:55 AM).
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicDoors View Post
Well I searched this and couldn't seem to find it.
Does anyone know how I can change the first cutscene in pokemon emerald? (The one in the truck/jumping out of the truck/walking inside)
I've checked both the INSIDE THE TRUCK and LITTLEROOT maps but I can't seem to find any events that start this.
Try searching for "Truck Remover" and "SMCA". As for the jumping part, try the Level Scripts section in A-Map.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aar2697 View Post
How do I change the world map a map is associated with for Fire Red? For example, I want to put my Sevii Isle 6 map on the Kanto (First World Map) map. When I added Sevii Isle 6 to the Kanto world map, it's shown on the town map in game, but when I go to Sevii Isle 6 in game and view the town map while I'm there, it shows that I'm at the 4-5 island map when I should be in the Kanto map.

(remove the spaces)
Search for "Changing the Worldmap completely". Follow those instructions.

Old January 22nd, 2012 (02:12 PM).
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:

(remove the spaces)
If you don't mind losing usage of the Sevii Island maps, you can follow the instruction in this post for a quick and easy way to have all flight position usable in one map.
Old January 22nd, 2012 (02:43 PM).
sonic1
ASM is my life now...

Nature: Timid
Quote:

(remove the spaces)
Here. This shows how to do it!
http://sfc.pokefans.net/lesson.php?id=19

~Sonic1

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old January 22nd, 2012 (04:45 PM).
Ozma
Beginning Trainer

How do I modify the orginal scripts in PKMN FR?
Like remove the Oak event where he brings you to his lab, ect..
Old January 22nd, 2012 (04:48 PM).
SwirlyBirds
apparently not quite dead
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozma View Post
How do I modify the orginal scripts in PKMN FR?
Like remove the Oak event where he brings you to his lab, ect..
Uh, you can open scripts in XSE by clicking on them in A-Map. You can also select an event, including a script, and click "delete script" in A-Map.
Old January 22nd, 2012 (04:55 PM).
Ozma
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackDeoxys View Post
Uh, you can open scripts in XSE by clicking on them in A-Map. You can also select an event, including a script, and click "delete script" in A-Map.
Where is the delete script option, I see it no where on the right toolbar?
Old January 22nd, 2012 (05:22 PM).
SwirlyBirds
apparently not quite dead
Community Supporter

Which version of A-Map do you use?

Sponsored Links