The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: How often do you use Legendary Pokemon in Competitive Battling?
All The Time...It's all I use! 4 10.53%
Most of the Time..sometimes I like using Weaker Pokemon 4 10.53%
50/50 Pretty Much. 14 36.84%
Very....Very.....Not so much. 12 31.58%
They're to Powerful and Cheap to use, so NEVER! 4 10.53%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 19th, 2012, 04:38 AM
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher

Advertise here
Heat Wave + Roost= beast. Zapdos is truly the best legendary outside Uber to use in competitive battling. Too bad about the tier down in the fifth gen.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old January 19th, 2012, 04:44 AM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Harbinger of Pain

Nature: Quiet
Amen to that, wish you could get Heat Wave outside of 4th gen but oh well at least Zapdos can also stall with Toxic and Roost or pull a Dual Screens set as well, don't remember if it gets Brave Bird too but if not then Drill Peck isn't too bad of a secondary move either IMO.

TBH I think I'll end up liking it more in UU now though lol.

This is the work of God.
Old January 19th, 2012, 05:45 AM
miltankRancher

Come to think of it, with the presence of too much Zapdos counters in OU, it'll be hard for our lightning revenant to fit itself. yep, UU is perfect for him.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old January 19th, 2012, 05:54 AM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Harbinger of Pain

Yeah that too, TBH I tend to like UU more nowadays anyways.

But anyways, also really happen to like Articuno as well due to how much it helped me against the E4 back on Leaf Green, wish it had a better movepool though but oh well.

This is the work of God.
Old January 19th, 2012, 06:00 AM
miltankRancher

I never got the chance of using Articuno anywhere. the typing does not appeal much to me, and the design is quite flawed.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old January 19th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Harbinger of Pain

I happen to like the design of Articuno quite a lot TBH and before Lugia it was my favorite looking legendary back then, it was my main Dragonite counter at the time since I was too lazy to raise a Lapras back then.

This is the work of God.
Old January 19th, 2012, 04:50 PM
miltankRancher

Power's only one thing. if that is what we are talking about, then I guess Zapdos and Articuno is tied. But, appearance also count for me, that is why I never felt any love for Articuno.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old January 19th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Sector

Nature: Naughty
Welcome to Junie & C8 to the club!

We have officially reached 20 members, looking to sign up a Co-Owner to be active during the day. I will only be on during late nights for a while. I am looking for anyone who will be dedicated to post and interact with others with respect and can come up with Topic Questions/Discussions while no one else can.

To the conversation to Miltank & Xulek's, Moltres has been my favorite bird of the trio. Go Moltres!!

Kaori I feel you for the 3rd eye. Guess that goes to say Jirachi is better without it, but it'd look weird without the line there now that we're used to it, ya know?

Underworld9)- Genesect. I have no idea what to think about the guy. I mean, Reshiram's Blue Flare or Victini's V-Create on Genesect....goner? lol I'm not sure what to think about it though. I think it's one of those Generation 5 re-create from Generation 1 to Mewtwo to be honest. (You know, like Golbat/Swoobat, Emogla/Pikachu, etc). I've been a huge Mewtwo fan from the start..I just don't know what to say about Genesect really.

I like Keldeo better of the three, and Meloetta definitely suits this dancer I know perfectly well xD

New Topic:
An interesting discussion back in the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald days. Who would you prefer to use, Groudon vs Kyogre?

Last edited by Sector; January 19th, 2012 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Co-Ownership Available!
Old January 19th, 2012, 09:50 PM
The Void
Comforter, philosopher, and lifelong mate

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector Revenge View Post
Welcome to Junie & C8 to the club!

We have officially reached 20 members, looking to sign up a Co-Owner to be active during the day. I will only be on during late nights for a while. I am looking for anyone who will be dedicated to post and interact with others with respect and can come up with Topic Questions/Discussions while no one else can.

To the conversation to Miltank & Xulek's, Moltres has been my favorite bird of the trio. Go Moltres!!

Kaori I feel you for the 3rd eye. Guess that goes to say Jirachi is better without it, but it'd look weird without the line there now that we're used to it, ya know?

Underworld9)- Genesect. I have no idea what to think about the guy. I mean, Reshiram's Blue Flare or Victini's V-Create on Genesect....goner? lol I'm not sure what to think about it though. I think it's one of those Generation 5 re-create from Generation 1 to Mewtwo to be honest. (You know, like Golbat/Swoobat, Emogla/Pikachu, etc). I've been a huge Mewtwo fan from the start..I just don't know what to say about Genesect really.

I like Keldeo better of the three, and Meloetta definitely suits this dancer I know perfectly well xD

New Topic:
An interesting discussion back in the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald days. Who would you prefer to use, Groudon vs Kyogre?
Groudon. Definitely. It can beat the living daylights out of any Pokemon with the proper stats using Fire Blast, Eruption, Earthquake, and Solar Beam, anytime, anyday. :3

Anyway... story timez

Spoiler:
Dragon456 approaches Sector Revenge, running towards him. Beside Sector Revenge's shoulder is his Mew. They were both standing in a large battleground. Each corner had a giant pillar with weird ancient text on it.

"Excuse me, sir, you're Sector Revenge, right?" dragon456 asked.

"Oh hello there! Welcome! Are you here to regist-- oh hey, that's Arceus!" Sector Revenge explained, looking behind dragon456.

"Oh, right, yeah! Arceus, say hi!" dragon456 replied.

Arceus remained ever so silent, while its majestic mane continues to grow brighter.

"So you probably came to join, yes?" Sector Revenge asked.

"That's right!" came the reply.

"Well, it looks pretty strong. But first things first. This place is only for the toughest of legends, for the best of the best. And in order to prove that, you're gonna have to do battle with me," Sector Revenge explained.

"What? Ba-- Battle?" but dragon456 replied, his mouth unable to grope for more words.

"What's wrong? You aren't scared, are you? We're standing on a battleground after all. And you do want to join, right?"

"I really want to join! And I'm not scared, it's just--"

"Well, come on, then! Prove to me your skill! Unless you're not strong enough, that is."

"What?! No one calls me weak!" dragon456 replied, moving to his position in the battlefield. Arceus was called back in its Master Ball.

"Alright! That's the spirit!" Sector Revenge calmly replied as he moved towards his corner as well.

"Okay. This is going to be a three-on-three Pokemon battle! Whoever knocks out two Pokemon is the victor." Sector Revenge explained.

"Th- Three on three? Ummm..." dragon456 stared at the Master Ball containing Arceus and at the same time gulped.

"I choose you, Latias!" Sector Revenge called out.

"Infernape, I choose you" dragon456 gulped.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Last edited by The Void; January 19th, 2012 at 11:13 PM.
Old January 19th, 2012, 11:13 PM
miltankRancher

Before, I like to use Kyogre a lot, but when I realized how awesome Drought is over Drizzle, I started liking Groudon. It has been a prime element of my team now.

I want to co-own, but I guess I cannot anymore. LOLS. too busy.

EDIT: I guess I can co-own if you want me to.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.

Last edited by miltankRancher; January 20th, 2012 at 05:51 AM.
Old January 21st, 2012, 08:26 AM
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Otherworld9) Send a message via Skype™ to Otherworld9)
Quote:

New Topic:
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR] [/COLOR]
I would have to go with Kyogre on this one, due to personal preference. As for Genesect, I just love the design whole, although it can get KOd easily.
Old January 21st, 2012, 02:48 PM
Sector

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon456 View Post
Groudon. Definitely. It can beat the living daylights out of any Pokemon with the proper stats using Fire Blast, Eruption, Earthquake, and Solar Beam, anytime, anyday. :3

Anyway... story timez

Spoiler:
Dragon456 approaches Sector Revenge, running towards him. Beside Sector Revenge's shoulder is his Mew. They were both standing in a large battleground. Each corner had a giant pillar with weird ancient text on it.

"Excuse me, sir, you're Sector Revenge, right?" dragon456 asked.

"Oh hello there! Welcome! Are you here to regist-- oh hey, that's Arceus!" Sector Revenge explained, looking behind dragon456.

"Oh, right, yeah! Arceus, say hi!" dragon456 replied.

Arceus remained ever so silent, while its majestic mane continues to grow brighter.

"So you probably came to join, yes?" Sector Revenge asked.

"That's right!" came the reply.

"Well, it looks pretty strong. But first things first. This place is only for the toughest of legends, for the best of the best. And in order to prove that, you're gonna have to do battle with me," Sector Revenge explained.

"What? Ba-- Battle?" but dragon456 replied, his mouth unable to grope for more words.

"What's wrong? You aren't scared, are you? We're standing on a battleground after all. And you do want to join, right?"

"I really want to join! And I'm not scared, it's just--"

"Well, come on, then! Prove to me your skill! Unless you're not strong enough, that is."

"What?! No one calls me weak!" dragon456 replied, moving to his position in the battlefield. Arceus was called back in its Master Ball.

"Alright! That's the spirit!" Sector Revenge calmly replied as he moved towards his corner as well.

"Okay. This is going to be a three-on-three Pokemon battle! Whoever knocks out two Pokemon is the victor." Sector Revenge explained.

"Th- Three on three? Ummm..." dragon456 stared at the Master Ball containing Arceus and at the same time gulped.

"I choose you, Latias!" Sector Revenge called out.

"Infernape, I choose you" dragon456 gulped.

TO BE CONTINUED...
Infernape vs Latias! lol

The story's going great, keep it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by miltankRancher View Post
Before, I like to use Kyogre a lot, but when I realized how awesome Drought is over Drizzle, I started liking Groudon. It has been a prime element of my team now.

I want to co-own, but I guess I cannot anymore. LOLS. too busy.

EDIT: I guess I can co-own if you want me to.
I'll give it a few days for the Co-Ownership to take place, just let me know how your schedule is if it's to busy lol

I played Ruby way more than Sapphire, so I have more experience with Groudon. I think I'll prefer Kyogre though, due to its Drizzle/Thunder/Water Atk Boost combo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otherworld9) View Post
I would have to go with Kyogre on this one, due to personal preference. As for Genesect, I just love the design whole, although it can get KOd easily.
Like I said, I think Genesect is a somewhat remodeling machine of Generation 1's Mewtwo lol

Not a fan of using 4X Weakness to anything Pokemon..so I don't think I'd ever really like Genesect personally however.

Last edited by Sector; January 21st, 2012 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 21st, 2012, 05:42 PM
The Void
Comforter, philosopher, and lifelong mate

Nature: Calm
Sector Revenge, I'll have to ask you though, what moves do you want for Latias/Mew/Mewtwo? xD
Old January 21st, 2012, 07:03 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
I could probably co-own if needed.

I like Genesects design, but I'm not so sure about anything else.

I prefer Kyogre over Groudon, mostly because I prefer water types over ground types.

Three completely different things, somehow tied together in one reply. XD
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old January 21st, 2012, 07:35 PM
miltankRancher

Quote:
I played Ruby way more than Sapphire, so I have more experience with Groudon. I think I'll prefer Kyogre though, due to its Drizzle/Thunder/Water Atk Boost combo.
Same background here. LOL. I know that Drizzle + Thunder is a good combo (ensured high hit). Honestly, I liked Kyogre better when i frist saw it, but just recently, when I started using both (of course in different teams) I discovered how Groudon is far more stronger than the orca.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 02:09 AM
ikaroschase
サンダース the crackling of sparks

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ikaroschase Send a message via Skype™ to ikaroschase
back then when i played emerald and caught the three - rayquaza, kyogre and groudon, i never used groudon. left it in the pc box while i grinded with the other 2.

you know, when you're young you're naive and don't care much about power, just looks. i used to dislike groudon's looks :/ i'm good with it now :DDDDD

Old January 22nd, 2012, 02:24 AM
miltankRancher

I agree. back then, I also dislike Latios and groudon, simply because they are the ones i see the most, unlike Latias and Kyogre. Now, i see how inferior they are.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 03:38 AM
Snivy063
Booted out - don't be like me!

To answer the current topic. I'd also go with Kyogre, it's within the sea, and water can overcome the land as you can see. :P
Old January 22nd, 2012, 04:10 AM
miltankRancher

but people live on land. yes, the ocean might be mysterious, but land is certainly more useful.

I guess I am the only groudon fan here.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 06:59 AM
astoriachase
serene grace

Nature: Adamant
Name: astoriachase (you can call me story or astoria)
Partner Pokemon: Lumen the Jirachi

I think I would prefer using Kyogre over Groudon because. I don't like the heat. I would rather freeze to death then die in heat. So I'll go with water. Everytime I use Groudon, its ability(drought) makes me feel so uncomfortable.

AND PLEASE DON'T THINK I'M STRANGE NOW. Even I think I'm starting to sound weird...

Old January 22nd, 2012, 07:05 AM
miltankRancher

welcome astoria!

I got used to his drought though. and don't think you are weird. I am the weird one here, being the only Groudon fan and all.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 12:32 PM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Harbinger of Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by miltankRancher View Post
Power's only one thing. if that is what we are talking about, then I guess Zapdos and Articuno is tied. But, appearance also count for me, that is why I never felt any love for Articuno.
Flexibility also counts too when it comes to movesets, for Articuno I prefer a double screens set with Fly and Ice Beam to use offensively along with being a psuedo HM slave with the former offensive move there, for Zapdos I'd just spam Thunderbolt in all honesty lol. Looks wise they tie pretty easily though IMO.

Back now BTW.

With the convo regarding Kyogre and Groudon I'd have to go with Groudon since I'm used to playing with it more and it's a tad better as a team player if I do say so myself, Kyogre's just so simple yet so stupidly strong though so in the end I like em both overall lol.

This is the work of God.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 01:22 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I think it's about time I joined...!

Name: AlexOzzyCake (Ozzy)
Partner Pokemon: Purity the Manaphy <3

Up until recently I really haven't liked legendaries at all, but in the past few weeks I'm using them more and more in games like Rumble/Mystery Dungeon and they're way cooler than I gave them credit for! As for the current topic, I have to go with Groudon. Nothing can beat a Ground-type for me other than a Poison type, but unfortunately there isn't a Poison type legendary yet! With such a powerful Earthquake, enemies don't stand a chance!
Old January 22nd, 2012, 04:56 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
New Topic: Who is better Dialga or Palkia? (I figured that I'd continue the mascot trend) I'd have to go with Dialga. He has a better move pool and invincible typing.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old January 22nd, 2012, 05:00 PM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Harbinger of Pain

Palkia for me no question, better design and better movepool too IMO, one of the few legendaries I actually use on a fairly often basis on my White game too lol. Now that I think about it if I made a legendary team in-game it would probably be Kyogre, Zekrom, Palkia, Lugia, Giratina O, and Deoxys A in all honesty lol, still need to find a Zekrom to get though considering I traded it for a Bagon last year as I felt like I really needed the Salamence at the time.

This is the work of God.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here