The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 22nd, 2012, 09:00 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
http://i.imgur.com/7nOcH.jpg

Not much to go off of right now. Seems a bit early to be there already though...

Summary:
Ash and his friends have arrived in Mistralton City. They visit the Gym Leader of the Mistralton Gym, Skyla, but the Gym only takes reservations. Hearing that there will be battles called 'Air Battles' taking place, they make a reservation for the afternoon and decide to watch the morning battle(s?).

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Last edited by Kenshin5; January 23rd, 2012 at 11:30 AM.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 08:54 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Not much to go off? It's great to see we've gotten to Mistralton already, I'm quite happy actually. :D And judging by the title, Cilan challenging it too? AWESOME! I might have something to do with Type advantage, maybe Cilan already knows Skyla. I wouldn't be suprised if Cilan was a plane connoisseur. I'd like more Iris development tbh.

Old January 23rd, 2012, 10:12 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

It sorta reminds me of Dawn vs Maylene, if only because one of the main/supporting characters are battling a gym leader. I enjoyed Cilan vs Chilli, buut that seemed more about the brothers, so I'll be looking forward to Cilan vs Skyla. I'm interested in why he wants to battle her in particular, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post
I wouldn't be suprised if Cilan was a plane connoisseur. I'd like more Iris development tbh.
As he is already a train connoisseur, he may as well just call himself a public transportation connoisseur XD But yes, I would like more Iris development, too. I can't decide if they're waiting to bring in something epic regarding the 8th gym, or are just plain ignoring her.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 11:35 AM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Quote:
Not much to go off? It's great to see we've gotten to Mistralton already, I'm quite happy actually. :D And judging by the title, Cilan challenging it too? AWESOME! I might have something to do with Type advantage, maybe Cilan already knows Skyla. I wouldn't be suprised if Cilan was a plane connoisseur. I'd like more Iris development tbh.
In terms of info at the point I posted this last night. Great in terms of? That maybe we can an extensive post Unova arc? Cilan has no flying types, so maybe he barrows Ash Tranquill. Unless it's like Battle Subway and it's on top of a plane. Cilan gets everything poor Iris )=.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
It sorta reminds me of Dawn vs Maylene, if only because one of the main/supporting characters are battling a gym leader. I enjoyed Cilan vs Chilli, buut that seemed more about the brothers, so I'll be looking forward to Cilan vs Skyla. I'm interested in why he wants to battle her in particular, though.

As he is already a train connoisseur, he may as well just call himself a public transportation connoisseur XD But yes, I would like more Iris development, too. I can't decide if they're waiting to bring in something epic regarding the 8th gym, or are just plain ignoring her.
Yeah Cilan vs. Chilli didn't have the gym leader vs. gym leader tone. Maybe similar to Roark vs. Byron?. Maybe she will get some development between here at Icirrus.

Old January 25th, 2012, 08:18 PM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

Spoiler:

Looks like Unfezant debuts, seems they changed it's gender to male if it's skyla's.
Old January 25th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Yeah it would seem that way. Unless Trip some how works himself into the episode. Regardless I hope we get a Trip appearance and a battle since we haven't had an appearance by Trip since 054 and it was quite brief at that and the last battle was 042.

Old January 26th, 2012, 11:13 AM
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
Quote:
might have something to do with Type advantage, maybe Cilan already knows Skyla. I wouldn't be suprised if Cilan was a plane connoisseur. I'd like more Iris development tbh.
That is what I'm thinking for both. He is probably doing it to show that he can go up against a flying type gym leader. I'm really excited for it if it's true and I would love Cilan to be interested into Planes. That would be funny if he was.
Old January 31st, 2012, 08:35 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

First images of Skyla. And apparently she claims to predict the outcome of her gym matches before hand. She and her opponent show their pokemon before hand, thus helping here come up with how the battle with play out.

Old January 31st, 2012, 09:28 PM
Railgun

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Railgun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin5 View Post
In terms of info at the point I posted this last night. Great in terms of? That maybe we can an extensive post Unova arc? Cilan has no flying types, so maybe he barrows Ash Tranquill.
Stunfisk can fly. So he most likely will use it.
Old February 5th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin5 View Post

First images of Skyla. And apparently she claims to predict the outcome of her gym matches before hand. She and her opponent show their pokemon before hand, thus helping here come up with how the battle with play out.
Weird. If she were a psychic type trainer, that would make some sort of sense for her in particular to know this. Unless she's just talking about type advantages. Makes me think that there's no point in her battling if she already knows the outcome, so I'm betting that she thinks Ash will lose (when it's their turn) but then of course he wins...she looks cute in the picture, though.
Old February 16th, 2012, 03:08 PM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

Heres the preview

I think Cilan may lose this one.
Old February 16th, 2012, 04:18 PM
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!

This looks good and I'm so glad serious Dento is back. I was looking for this preview all day. To me it looks like Skyla is handing out badges to the trainers she thinks that'll win the match so instead of battling she just hands them out to the trainers which is making Dento and Ash get angry. That is the only guess I could think of but other then that, I'm looking forward to this episode!
Old February 16th, 2012, 07:13 PM
PokeRaidenFighter350Z
Battle Subway Editor

Nature: Careful
If Cilan DOES battle, he'll probably send his Stunfisk out first and then finish the battle with his Crustle. His Pansage doesn't stand a chance due to type disadvantage against Skyla's team. I wonder, does Skyla use her game team (Swoobat, Unfezant, Swanna) for the episode?

All forum members BEWARE..!
Credits to Xulek
Old February 28th, 2012, 05:07 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

I really enjoyed this episode. The only thing I didn't like was Skyla's childish voice...I loved that she won against Cilan. I was so expecting her to lose so she would "see sense" about her rather weak predictions and then battle Ash. I'm excited for the next episode~
Old February 28th, 2012, 06:44 PM
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
I really enjoyed this episode. The only thing I didn't like was Skyla's childish voice...I loved that she won against Cilan. I was so expecting her to lose so she would "see sense" about her rather weak predictions and then battle Ash. I'm excited for the next episode~
Yeah I agree but I do wish Dento won. The battle was pretty intense and I enjoyed how the battle had went but if only Dento won at the end to prove to her about her predictions being wrong would have been interesting to see but oh well. I say Dento did a great job with that match and I really enjoyed the episode. I miss seeing Dento serious side so this was good to see.
Old February 29th, 2012, 02:33 AM
Tachibana Azumi
★七色に光る女★

(It seems I now have a tendency to tune in whenever there is a game character cameo [case-in-point: Subway Brothers] or a gym battle. I still need to watch Clay's battle asdfghjkl)

Finding Skyla's voice incredibly familiar (and me being bad with voice actor names), I decided to check Bulbapedia, and found that she was voiced by Kana Ueda, i.e. Rin from Fate/Stay Night! That was interesting.

Anyhow, I thought Cilan provided a very good set-up for the next episode. I mean it was kinda sad seeing him go into a Heroic BSOD but if he won that battle then, in my opinion, Ash's battle wouldn't be as exciting anymore! Or something like that, I don't really know.

In any case it didn't happen, so yeah Can't wait to see the next episode!!
Old February 29th, 2012, 03:02 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Yup, I say that Dento lost so it could be Ash to show her "the error of her ways", so more rests on him = more exciting :P
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links