The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 23rd, 2012, 04:14 PM
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely

Advertise here
Yes, but Yellow, we have to whole story thing set it, I don't want to ruin it, I'm just excited to use Kiyoko already...

Old January 23rd, 2012, 05:08 PM
Aura Vitae
Down, Sword Hand!

Nature: Quiet
Name (First, Middle-optional and Last): Dominique Rousseau

Nickname (Optional):

Age (10-15): 13

Gender (Male or Female): Male

Dorm (Raikou Dorm, Entei Dorm or Suicune Dorm): Suicune

Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you so wish): Click Here

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?): To summarize Dominique's character in the best way possible would be with the word odd. Dominique is a social butterfly. The boy loves to surround himself with people if only not to feel so isolated. Often times the boy will randomly switch subjects mid-conversation, jumping from one train of though to another and sometimes getting ran over by a train of thought. The boy is prone to dramatic freakouts if someone says something about him which he takes as an insult. Most of the time, the young teen is confident in his abilities but he can never quite shake that feeling that he's all alone in the world.

Dominique is very excitable when it comes to Pokemon Battles and tends to freak out over whether he should switch in another pokemon or continue with the current. It's rather obvious that Dominique can go overboard at times about battle. Even though the boy loves to talk and socialize, at times he can be insensitive to the feelings of others. He's not a mean person for that since he feels horrible when he says something insulting to another, even if it's the blunt truth. It's like his brain doesn't have a filter to what he says so his words can sometimes come out harsh and blunt.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events? What brought them to the academy?): Dominique lived most of his life in an orphanage. From ages three to ten, Dominique grew up in a little orphanage in the Unova Region just outside of Striaton City. The memory of his biological parents is mainly composed of a blur of images and sounds. The things that he can remember is a shiny object being held up, a woman screaming, and crying.

The boy grew to be very depressed in the orphanage. Nobody seemed to want to adopt him. Many times he would wonder what was wrong with him. Was it his abnormal hair color? Was there something about his face that caused people to not want to adopt him? Were his eyes too grey and not blue enough? Similar musings like that continued up till his tenth birthday. That was the day that he was finally adopted.

The man who adopted him seemed to be in his late forties and obviously came from Sinnoh seeing as Lucarios were not native to Unova. Dominique never asked himself why his father adopted him since he was just happy over the fact that he now had a father. The young boy quickly grew to love his father and his Lucario. Dominique was fascinated with his father's Lucario. It seemed to give off this aura of power which attracted the boy to the career of Pokemon Training.

On the boy's eleventh birthday, his father, knowing about the boy's obsession with Pokemon, handed his son a Pokeball. Inside that ball was a Riolu whom Dominique named Ryo. From then on Dominique and his new friend trained. Dominique read up on various Pokemon Battle Strategies between numerous training sessions. For two years this continued till his father decided that Dominique was ready enough to be sent to Oak Academy. Dominique was thrilled about this. On his way to prepare for the trip, Dominique found an injured Zorua lying on the side of the road. Quickly the boy rushed back to his house so he could get his father's help in nursing the poor thing back to health. The Zorua quickly became attached to Dominique so the boy naturally thought to try and catch it. Dominique caught his boat a few days after the capture of the Zorua.

Pokémon (Maximum of 3. No legendaries, 'shiny' or stage 3 pokémon. Oddly colored but not specifically 'shiny' pokemon are allowed, however.):
Species: Riolu
Nickname(Optional): Ryo
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague): Ryo is a hyper little thing. The baby Pokemon is extremely loyal to his Trainer. Ryo desires to become stronger so he can help his trainer reach his goal.
Lvl(Max 20): 17
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): Swords Dance, Sky Uppercut, Foresight, Quick Attack, Force Palm, and Brick Break

Species: Zorua
Nickname(Optional): Zu
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague): Zu is a rather lazy Pokemon with a zeal for pranks. It uses it's power of illusions to prank well.
Lvl(Max 20): 15
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): Swords Dance, Extrasensory, Aerial Ace, Fake Tears, Dark Pulse, and Fury Swipes

I realize that I posted this two pages back but I got antsy and decided to redo it.

Pokemon X FC 3368-1319-2305
Old January 23rd, 2012, 05:50 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
@roen52: Be patient. Your SU required a second opinion. Anyway, you've been approved.

I'm about to update the main page with our new members. Feelin' all overwhelmed with various stuff.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 05:59 PM
Dragonkat
The Winged Wolf

Nature: Naughty
So... Uh... No one kind if replied that they would like... Guide me around... So, where should I go? Btw, I cannot post really until Saturday T^T

Help my eggs and my Pokemon if you please!

Rps ^-^
Pokemon Trainer Academy
Bara's Storm

World Of Vampires
Experimental
Pokemon Fallout
Old January 23rd, 2012, 06:08 PM
Aura Vitae
Down, Sword Hand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow View Post
@roen52: Be patient. Your SU required a second opinion. Anyway, you've been approved.

I'm about to update the main page with our new members. Feelin' all overwhelmed with various stuff.
lol, sorry. I'm usually more patient but I have a headache and headaches make me a little impatient.

Old January 23rd, 2012, 06:11 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

@Dragonkat: That's... a /really long time/. If you plan to enjoy your stay here, I recommend you make more than once a week's worth of time to post. o_o;

Also, my characters are preoccupied. @w@ I'm sure someone else will take the job if you have some patience.

@Everyone: The main page has been updated with new members. Nideous was dropped due to informed inactivity. I'll probably be dropping a few others after I go over the list more in depth this time.

EDIT: DeathGodKyo was dropped for inactivity. Tauros14 was dropped for inactivity. Cutiecasie was dropped for inactivity. PokeGirlJade was dropped for inactivity. Adder_Panda was dropped for innactivity.

Er... yeah. That was mostly the holidays right there. |P Had to send out warnings before I started dropping people. So yeah. I'll send out a warning a good week before I actually drop anyone, so you've no fear of being randomly dropped.

Last edited by PkMnTrainer Yellow; January 23rd, 2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 06:21 PM
Dusk

Aaaaand... Posted!! Prepare for a certain little newcomer to cause a huge scene! If you're squeamish about a little blood, look away!!

Old January 23rd, 2012, 06:37 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

@Zerin: ...Dude!

Quote:
Rated T; That means things that go on here should be "suitable for more mature childen". This means that you should take care to avoid squick or smut, lest you get an upset VM from me asking you to chill out a bit. This also means that serious, serious injuries (as opposed to serious in comparison to pokemon) should be handled with a lot of delicacy if they are even played at all. In regards to romance... An effort should be made to keep it reasonably clean on a descriptive level. It should not take you several posts to detail a kiss, nor should it take you several post's worth to describe one.
...You're not handling an apparently serious injury with much delicacy. /Please/ control yourself in the future. o_o
Old January 23rd, 2012, 06:43 PM
Dusk

O~O . . . Sowwy...

Erm...

I don't think it was that bad though... I wasn't describing the actual wound itself... In actuality, it's only a minor opening. Like, just wrap bandaging around it and it'll heal itself in a day or two...

Sorry if I tend to get a little... Dark... At times...

Last edited by Dusk; January 23rd, 2012 at 06:50 PM.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 06:53 PM
Dragonkat
The Winged Wolf

Oh! No. I am... Grounded ^-^; it ends on Saturday. I normally would post daily or sooner. Yeaa... So I really shouldnt be on the Internet now, but I would normally be able to post longer segments, but my IPod lags on typing, and occasionally shuts its self down from Safari. So I might be able to get the first post up, but I planned it to be long. Which is hard to do on the iPod.

Rps ^-^
Pokemon Trainer Academy
Bara's Storm

World Of Vampires
Experimental
Pokemon Fallout
Old January 23rd, 2012, 06:56 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

@Zerin: It's cool. That was only a warning.

@Dragonkat: Aaah... I see. Understood. Must suck to be grounded then huh.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 07:01 PM
Dragonkat
The Winged Wolf

Yea... Especially if you spend a lot of time on the computer. Like I do. So, because of that, I was grounded from the computer... I will post more often after my grounding is over though! I can type so much faster on the computer X3

Rps ^-^
Pokemon Trainer Academy
Bara's Storm

World Of Vampires
Experimental
Pokemon Fallout
Old January 23rd, 2012, 07:04 PM
Dusk

Sorry... :/ Explanation delivered via VM... Are you going to reply Yellow...? O.o not sure what to call you other than Yellow...

Old January 23rd, 2012, 07:16 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
I posted. :3 Now I wait for anyone else to post.

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old January 24th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Aura Vitae
Down, Sword Hand!

Around what time of day is it in the RP?

Old January 24th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Bassiroth
Psyduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by roen52 View Post
Around what time of day is it in the RP?
Not sure. I'm assuming it's the afternoon or something. It's Halloween so. . . seeing kids in costumes shouldn't be a surprise currently in the RP
Old January 24th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Aura Vitae
Down, Sword Hand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassiroth View Post
Not sure. I'm assuming it's the afternoon or something. It's Halloween so. . . seeing kids in costumes shouldn't be a surprise currently in the RP
Cool. That helps me tremendously in making my post for I had no clue what time of year it was either. I should have Dominique be wearing a vampire costume generic costume ftw!

Old January 24th, 2012, 02:32 PM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

I'm gonna be gone starting Friday but I'll be back Saturday.
Old January 24th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Kinger556

Name: Felix Talon

Dorm: Raikou Dorm

Appearance: Felix has spiky silver hair and green eyes. He wears a red short-sleeved T-Shirt with a purple vest and Blue wrist bands. Also has light blue jeans and red sneakers.

Personality: Felix doesn't like to do any kind of work, even if its to help himself. However, this does not conflict with his ambitions whatsoever. No matter how the odds are stacked against him, he'll still try his hardest to win in a battle even though he has horrible luck in almost in each one. He also tries to never blame people for things, always trying to find the middle ground and find out why what happened, happened.

History:
Felix grew up in Johto in the town Cherrygrove City. He lived there his whole life up to this point with his Mom, Dad and Sister. His dad used to be a trainer but settled down and became a fisherman. During Felix's childhood, his dad usually took him out to sea with him and secretly helped him train to also be a trainer. He had to do this because Felix's mom wanted her son to do something more profitable, even though she herself was a coordinator. However she soon gave up on that since it became obvious what his ambitions were. Soon she began to also help him and even went and gave him his first pokemon when he turned 10: Cyndaquil. Felix usually stayed at home but then saw a commercial for the academy on television when he was 11 years old. Since he saw then he began to train with his Cyndaquil vigorously to try and get accepted into the academy. For an entire year he trained and when he turned 12 he entered a applicant to tryout for the academy.

Pokémon:
Species: Cyndaquil
Nickname: Flare
Personality: Super hyper active. Cyndaquil can never stop moving, even his flames go wild every time he's released from his pokeball, mostly by his own will too.
Lvl: 10
Moves:
1) Tackle
2) Smokescreen
3) Ember
4) Overheat

Species: Snorlax
Nickname: Snoozer
Personality: Very lazy. Snorlax doesn't do anything unless he's on the battle field, and even then he's a pain to get to actually fight since he's been trained by a coordinator for most of it's life. But when he gets into it, he can really wreck some havoc.
Lvl: 20
Moves:
1) Tackle
2) Defense Curl
3) Rest
4) Hyperbeam

Species: Solosis
Nickname: Sylo
Personality: Easily scared by large foes. He doesn't usually like to fight often but when he knows Felix depends on him he'll go all out.
Lvl: 5
Moves:
1) Psywave
2) Reflect

Last edited by Kinger556; January 25th, 2012 at 03:54 AM. Reason: Gave nicknames
Old January 24th, 2012, 05:29 PM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

Since Nideous isn't here anymore, I'm gonna drop the character Adria and make a new one if that's ok.

Name: Rosalyn Rebecca Smith

Nickname: Rosie

Dorm: Entei

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality: Rosalyn is a very outgoing and creative girl. She had many friends growing up and is self confident and talkative. Her favorite thing to do is draw and she has notebooks filled with drawings of Pokemon. If she sees something she would like to draw she will just pull out her sketch pad and draw it. Some people say that her artistic side is what kept her sane as she grew up. In many ways that is true, Rosalyn uses art as an outlet for her emotions not just through drawing and painting but also through music as well.

History: Rosalyn was born in Pallet Town in the Kanto region. She had six older brothers growing up and one sister who by the time Rosalyn was born had already moved into her own home. Her childhood was hectic filled with fighting not just between her brothers but also between her parents as well. Because of this Rosalyn spent all her free time out of the house choosing to spend time on route one keeping clear of the grass and just drawing the trees and the Pokemon she saw. As soon as she turned fourteen she recieved a Squirtle from Professor Oaks lab without her parents permission and started her journey basically running away from home. She traveled through the Kanto region and then the Johto region not fighting gyms but just drawing Pokemon and trainers she saw as well as battling. On her fifteenth birthday she recieved a letter from the Trainer Academy and went to the school acing the battle portion of the exam but failing the practical part by only a few questions.

Pokémon:

Species: Wartortle

Nickname: Jazz

Personality: Jazz is a very affectionate Pokemon. He loves to be close to his trainer and is typically friendly to new people he meets as long as his trainer seems to like them. He loves to battle but not to show he is better than other Pokemon he just battles for fun.

Lvl: 23

Moves: Bubble, Water Gun, Bite, Ice Beam, Aqua Jet, Gyro Ball

Species: Togetic
Nickname: Belle
Personality: Belle is a very cute Pokemon. She'll battle if she has to but she much prefers to pose for her trainers drawings or to just play with other trainers and Pokemon.

Lvl: 21

Moves: Metronome, Yawn, Psychic, Solar Beam, Grass Knot, Attract

Species: Seviper

Nickname: Swampy

Personality: Swampy is a usually timid Pokemon unless he is provoked. He always will do as his trainer says and if he gets provoked he will be fiercer in a fight. He feels bad about how he met his trainer and will always do his best to make it up to her.

Lvl: 15

Moves: Wrap, Bite, Toxic, Dig, Sludge Bomb, Poison Jab

Species: Skarmory

Nickname: Silver

Personality: Silver is a very arrogant Pokemon. He thinks he's better than all of Rosalyn's other Pokemon. He will still do what Rosalyn asks him to just because he thinks it will make him her favorite. His favorite thing to do otherwise is sleep.

Lvl: 15

Moves: Aerial Ace, Swift, Sky Drop, Rest, Fly, Brave Bird

Last edited by SylveonStar; May 4th, 2012 at 07:33 PM.
Old January 24th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Aura Vitae
Down, Sword Hand!

Who should I have Dominique interact with?

Old January 24th, 2012, 07:29 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

:3 Everyone! Once Olivia & Kenshin enter the Pokemon Center, I'm going to challenge Olivia to a battle. xD I'm getting eager to battle ever since I joined this RP!

~Dia+PS~
Old January 24th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Dragonkat
The Winged Wolf

Doh! I was gonna head to the Poke Center to meet with some other people! Would you like to battle? After the one you were talking about. Kat can wait ;3 I just need her to have a friend! X3

Rps ^-^
Pokemon Trainer Academy
Bara's Storm

World Of Vampires
Experimental
Pokemon Fallout
Old January 24th, 2012, 08:39 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonkat View Post
Doh! I was gonna head to the Poke Center to meet with some other people! Would you like to battle? After the one you were talking about. Kat can wait ;3 I just need her to have a friend! X3
:D Ok! After I battle Olivia, I'll battle your character. ;; What's your character's name again? Kat was it? I'll have to see how strong your Pokemon are first.

EDIT: I checked your team & level. I think I can handle your Pokemon. I accept your challenge, once I battle Olivia.

EDIT AGAIN: xD I just got challenged by Isaac! O-O Hopefully he won't use Quilava, or I don't know if my Oshawott could handle him. Let's make it a single battle 2-on-2, since I only have 2 Pokemon. I will post tomorrow 'cause I have to go to sleep.

Ok, so I'll battle Isaac first, then Olivia, & finally Kat. :D I'm gonna get a level frenzy! I do plan on getting more Pokemon later. Any idea where I can find a Riolu?

~Dia+PS~

Last edited by ShinyDiamond; January 24th, 2012 at 09:10 PM.
Old January 25th, 2012, 12:44 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

You probably won't have time for 3 battles before the day ends. Just sayin' SD |D

Sponsored Links

Advertise here