The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 22nd, 2012, 06:08 AM
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post

New topic:'Which Poison type do you find scariest?'

D:

Being a little more seroius, I have to agree with you on Drapion. Drapion, also based on a scorpion, which is an animal I most definitely don't like, is a Pokémon just scary in itself. Its face is made rather angry, and its pose seems rather threatening, which only adds to its scaryness. Not to mention all the creepy fanart around the internet.

Another Pokémon that lies relatively close to Drapion in a matter of being scary is Victreebel. It pretty much looks like a Pokémon sent from the depths of hell, when you base it off of its facial expression lol.

Last edited by Olli; January 22nd, 2012 at 06:20 AM.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 06:18 AM
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
i see where you are going here, olli.

that shiny sprite is too scary if you ask me. Like he had finished some dastardly business of some sort.

and Victreebel is based off a real-life devil.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old January 22nd, 2012, 12:16 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I noticed this week's chart came out 4 days ago and Gary hasn't posted so I thought I might do it this week (hope you don't mind, Gary!):

Top Singles
[Legend: TW. (LW) Artist - Title]
  1. (02) Avicii - Wake Me Up!
  2. (01) Stromae - Papaoutai
  3. (07) Stromae - Formidable
  4. (04) Robin Thicke Feat. T.I. + Pharrell - Blurred Lines
  5. (09) Martin Garrix - Animals
  6. (06) Maître Gims - Bella
  7. (05) Daft Punk Feat. Pharrell Williams - Get Lucky
  8. (03) Lady Gaga - Applause
  9. (10) James Arthur - Impossible
  10. (11) Bruno Mars - Treasure
  11. (12) Keen'V - La Vie Du Bon Côté
  12. (14) Passenger - Let Her Go
  13. (13) DJ Assad - Li Tourner
  14. (15) Major Lazer Feat. Busy Signal, The Flexican & FS Green - Watch Out For This (Bumaye)
  15. (22) John Newman - Love Me Again
  16. (16) Calvin Harris Feat. Ellie Goulding - I Need Your Love
  17. (20) Joyce Jonathan - Ça Ira
  18. (18) Showek - Slow Down
  19. (19) Maître Gims Feat. Dry - One Shot
  20. (08) Katy Perry - Roar

Top Albums
LW TW ARTIST TITLE

01 NE Stromae - Racine Carrée [80,882 copies sold] :o
02 01 Luc Arbogast - Odysseus
03 03 Multi-Interprètes - NRJ Extravadance 2013
04 02 Various - NRJ Party Hits 2013
05 04 Keen'V - Ange Ou Démon
06 05 Maître Gims - Subliminal
07 06 Bruno Mars - Unorthodox Jukebox
08 09 Various Artists - Tropical Family
09 07 Daft Punk - Random Access Memories
10 10 Christophe Maé - Je Veux Du Bonheur
11 18 Emmanuel Moire - Le Chemin
12 25 Stromae - Cheese
13 08 Various - Skyrock 2013, Vol. 2
14 12 Sébastien Patoche - J'Emmerde Les Bobos
15 15 Jean-Jacques Debout - Sous Le Soleil Des Guinguettes
16 23 Les Stentors - Une Histoire De France
17 17 Zaz - Recto Verso
18 13 Olympe - Olympe
19 11 Divers - NRJ Summer Hits Only 2013
20 16 Multi-Interprètes - M6 Hits Été 2013

Top 200 Singles
Top 250 Albums

Can't believe Stromae's sales, it's incredible how massive he is right now! :o

Spoiler:
The VIP Challenge

Do you want to be a VIP? Do you have the guts to go head-to-head with PC's most dedicated userbase? Do you look good in a swimsuit?

If the answer to any of these questions was 'yes' then you're in the right place - it's time for The VIP Challenge! Every few weeks we'll be throwing another challenge at you for you all to compete in and we'll start to find out who really are the VIPs of PC. The challenges will cover topics new and old, test skills you never knew you had, and will hopefully provide a bit of bonding too, so play some games with your fellow members and the prizes may be in your grasp.

¤ Rules ¤
A real VIP goes about life with style.
1. Follow all of PC's rules.
2. Don't spam, troll or harass.
3. Don't make fun of people for their entries; this is all for fun!

¤ Current Competition! ¤
Post your entries in the thread!
PC is running low on funding and needs an exciting new way to draw in potential detonators. You're in charge of PC for the day and you're allowed to create one new section for people to post in, but it has to be a good one or you'll be laughed out of the staff team for good. Your job is to think of a new section for PC to use, decide who will have access to it, and give a short description of the threads you'd expect to find there.

PC is now British?

You'll need to include a name for your section, the section's focus and a brief description of how the section will function in order to be taken seriously - but keep in mind you'll also have to explain your choices. The PC crowd are a tough one to please and making the wrong decision here could bust the forum, so to have your idea put into action you'll have to be very persuasive and demonstrate why PC needs your new section and why the members will love it.

Are you up to the challenge? Then show us what you're made of.

¤ Entry Form Example ¤
Post your entry in this thread to take part; a more creative submission will earn points!
Code:
Username:
Section Title:
Section Focus:
Description & Reasoning:
¤ Prizes! ¤
Let's make this worth your while...
It wouldn't be a contest if there wasn't a prize, so this week the winner will receive a super sexy emblem and a small VIP donation straight from my pocket to give to whomever they choose. Also anyone who takes part will receive an emblem too, so you've got nothing to lose!

Good luck!]

Spoiler:
Seems Drapion is pretty scary! o.o One Pokemon I think was always suppose to be scary is the Golbat line... But who could really find this scary?

Okay, I admit that picture was a little biased, but even looking at an accurate picture...

I still can't see anything scary about it! The huge gawping mouth just ruins it for me. All these evil organisations need more Pokemon, Golbat isn't scary enough! Does anyone find this Pokemon scary?

Last edited by Major Ziggs; August 30th, 2013 at 02:42 PM.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 12:27 PM
Libra
I ain't insane, the world is just too serious...

Gengar is as scary as <censored>...
Just look at it in real, and you have wet pants xD

Paired to Supernova
Mod of Video Games
Sig by Aquacorde
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old January 22nd, 2012, 01:00 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowExcadrill View Post

This little cute begs to differ! ;D Although based on this gif from the same site...

I'm now terrified too! :D Even so, is this scarier than Drapion? I'm not so sure, that thing is a monster!
Old January 22nd, 2012, 02:29 PM
AquaFin
Mudkip Commander

Nature: Brave
I think Victreebell is the scariest since its a demonish flower with its mouth wide open with fangs that are ready for dinner--- a trainer.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 03:21 PM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Careful
That eminds me, check out some Arbok images on google and you'll find some seriously scary fan art. :<

Edit: Can't find any :3 But its there somewhere! ;p

Old January 22nd, 2012, 09:26 PM
miltankRancher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowExcadrill View Post
gengar is supposed to be scary since it is a ghost, but he strikes me as more mischievous than scary.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 03:45 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miltankRancher View Post
gengar is supposed to be scary since it is a ghost, but he strikes me as more mischievous than scary.
I get that impression from it too, really doesn't seem too scary! As for the scary pictures of Arbok...

Spoiler:

Well... It's terrifyingly adorable? xD
Old January 23rd, 2012, 03:53 AM
Snivy063
Booted out - don't be like me!

Name: Snivy063
Partner Pokemon: Roselia
Reason for Joining: I actually didn't like Poison types at first, because they are really annoying in battles most especially at times when you don't have any potion left and your Pokemon is poisoned. But I came to love them after I caught myself one which was a Grimer and fell in love with it! And so, I tried catching other poison types too. They're surely a lot of fun. My favorite poison type is Roselia as to which I chose it as my partner. :)
Old January 23rd, 2012, 03:59 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Hi Teezee, welcome to the club! Great to have you here. ^^ I couldn't have recommended a better Poison Pokemon to start with, Grimer is the best in my mind! And Roselia is utterly lovely and a huge pleasure to use; although I can't help but prefer Roserade ^^

New topic: 'If you could transform into a Poison type Pokemon, which would you choose?'
Old January 23rd, 2012, 04:03 AM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Careful
Definately not swalot xD;

Probably Gengar, because not only is it an extremely strong pokemon when trainer and given the right moves but I love it's ability to move through things. x)
Old January 23rd, 2012, 04:19 AM
miltankRancher

hi there teezee!

anyway, on topic. There are many poison types I would love to transform too, barring Garbodor. I love to transform to Nidoking for sheer awesomeness. To crobat for the power of stealth and speed and flight. For Gengar for a ghsotly experience. To Scolipede for sheer weight.

But srsly, i would go with Crobat.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 04:26 AM
Snivy063
Booted out - don't be like me!

I would love to transform into a Bellsprout, haha

It's so clumsy and weird which makes it really soft and cute, just adorable. N'aaaw <3
Old January 23rd, 2012, 04:39 AM
miltankRancher

remember jeanette fisher's bellsprout from first gen? I would not call that clumsy, but boy, it was strong! It managed to defeat Pikachu!

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 06:07 AM
Avishka
bye.
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
Which Poison type do you find scariest?'
Drapion,Arbok and Gengar
Spoiler:

Old January 23rd, 2012, 07:14 AM
Olli

Quote:

New topic: 'If you could transform into a Poison type Pokemon, which would you choose?'
Hmm, this is indeed a hard choice. There are so many Pokémon that I would like to become if I actually had the ability to turn into one, even with the few Poison types there are it's still a hard choice.

In the end I think I'd have to go with Grimer/Muk. The handiness of having a liquified body is something I'd like to experience, where it would make it possible to fit through narrow spaces and stuff, and it would just be generally awesome. And when it comes to battles, neither of them are exactly weak, which is a great bonus if you'd have to end up battling :p
Old January 23rd, 2012, 07:22 AM
miltankRancher

I think that's awesome, but flight is speed is a better ability. You make pranks, then you fly as hell breaks loose.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old January 25th, 2012, 03:05 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Oo, great choices all around! I'm not sure I'd want to be Grimer/Muk though, or even Bellsprout. Despite all being some of my favourites, they have a huge problem with mobility! They can't even jump D: I think I'd want to be a Scollipede. Think of the sheer power and stature you'd have! Also if you wanted to get around quick, just use Steam Roller :D

New topic: 'Which Poison type move is your favourite and why?'

For me, it's a cross between four moves. Poison Jab, Sludge Bomb, Toxic and Acid Spray. Poison Jab and Sludge Bomb are both very powerful moves often causing great STAB damage and even with a chance to cause poisoning; these seem good in my books! Then there's toxic. An utterly unique move supplying so many useful strategies and coming in useful in almost every situation. It's a shame it doesn't work against Steel types! Then the other move, Acid Spray, is possible the most useful of all. With only 30 base power it isn't exactly a great damaging move, but it sure has a useful secondary effect! Always lowering the foe's special defense by two whole stages whilst also causing damage is invaluable. It means you can really cause some devastation, even with some pretty weak attacks!
Old January 25th, 2012, 03:30 AM
miltankRancher

On topic:

I think mine would be a triple tie between Sludge Bomb, Cross Poison, and Toxic Spikes.

Sludge Bomb, because it's animation on Gen II is just so good.

Cross Poison because Crobat for the win.

Toxic Spikes because I love them entry hazards.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old January 26th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Olli

Quote:

New topic: 'Which Poison type move is your favourite and why?'
Hmm, this is hard to say. Back in the first games I really hated Poison type moves and I never had any Poison type Pokémon, so I never really got used to them. I got some Poison type Pokémon in later games though and if I'd have to choose between their moves, it'd probably be either Sludge or Toxic. I know that Sludge in itself is a really strong move and can be a real pain in the butt with its possible effect of poisoning ones Pokémon, so naturally it's a great move to have yourself. Toxic instantly poisons the foe and its damage keeps increasing during every turn it's in effect, so it's great to use against stronger opponents that could take some time to beat, though it's really annoying to be fighting against, naturally. A last move would probably be Poison Jab, though. I don't know very much about the move itself, since I first learned about it while playing PO. It was perfect with my Ursaring, and often damaged my opponents a lot, but I don't really know anything about the move itself. >_<
Old January 26th, 2012, 05:38 PM
miltankRancher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post
Hmm, this is hard to say. Back in the first games I really hated Poison type moves and I never had any Poison type Pokémon, so I never really got used to them. I got some Poison type Pokémon in later games though and if I'd have to choose between their moves, it'd probably be either Sludge or Toxic. I know that Sludge in itself is a really strong move and can be a real pain in the butt with its possible effect of poisoning ones Pokémon, so naturally it's a great move to have yourself. Toxic instantly poisons the foe and its damage keeps increasing during every turn it's in effect, so it's great to use against stronger opponents that could take some time to beat, though it's really annoying to be fighting against, naturally. A last move would probably be Poison Jab, though. I don't know very much about the move itself, since I first learned about it while playing PO. It was perfect with my Ursaring, and often damaged my opponents a lot, but I don't really know anything about the move itself. >_<
Poison Jab i actually a really good move on Ursaring (who have a very limited movepool IIRC) I used Poison Jab once on Infernape, and boy, it felt redundant.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old January 27th, 2012, 07:07 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Poison Jab i actually a really good move on Ursaring (who have a very limited movepool IIRC) I used Poison Jab once on Infernape, and boy, it felt redundant.
Hehe! Poison Jab is also an amazing move for Sandshrew to use (just throwing it out there ;D). It's one of the strongest it gets and after a few attack boosts it really does some good damage! Plus the chance for poisoning is never looked down on ;D
Old January 27th, 2012, 07:15 AM
miltankRancher

Poison is good! The chance of slowly damaging your opponent is very good! But there are by far, more powerful poison type moves out there than PJ.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old January 27th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Poison is good! The chance of slowly damaging your opponent is very good! But there are by far, more powerful poison type moves out there than PJ.
That's true! Wasn't there a Poison version of Fire Blast introduced in Gen V for Trubbish/Garbodor? Something like Gunk Shot or Gunk Blast? :s If so, that could be a great move to try out using!

Sponsored Links