• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • A reminder that our new forum software has 2FA! It can be accessed by clicking your username and then "Password and security" from the menu. We strongly suggest not reusing passwords for your online accounts and enabling 2FA if possible.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMGWURMPLES!

För Sverige i tiden
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2012
I tried this and it doesn't work for me either. I'm not sure what you would need it for but if its Intro Sprites I think I can recommend an easier method.

Yeah, it's for the intro sprites.
Is there really an easier method? It would be greatly appreciated if you would tell it to me :D

Speedster

The Unknown
Years
Yeah, it's for the intro sprites.
Is there really an easier method? It would be greatly appreciated if you would tell it to me :D

Yes there is and its much easier. If you use NSE Classic or NSE 2.X there are included bookmarks where you can edit the pallets and sprites from the intro along with many other random sprites (Surfing Pokemon sprite, Ghost Sprite, Old Man back sprite, ect.). So that should help.

What's DS equivalent of Advance Map?
As far as now I believe there is not. The only way I can think of is mapping with Hex which is very agonizing and time consuming. So you'll have to wait until someone develops one.

EDIT: This is what I'm guessing your looking for Eden so you might want to follow the project. :)

Last edited:

OMGWURMPLES!

För Sverige i tiden
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2012
unLZ-GBA still refuses to repoint my boot screen/boot screen tilemap. Is there any way to fix this? Any way at all?

OMGWURMPLES!

För Sverige i tiden
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2012
Did you write everything to ROM (Image and Pallet)? There isn't much more to it.
When I clicked "Write to palette" it screwed up the entire ROM.
It works when I write other things, like the title screen and such, just never the boot screen.

OMGWURMPLES!

För Sverige i tiden
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2012
"Write to Palette?" You should just import the images you want into Unlz and then click "Write to ROM" and then pick a Image and Pallet Offset.
I clicked it by accident.
It just... doesn't repoint my Tilemap, no matter what I do.

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
working with JPAN's engine

can't seem to make the S.S.Anne appear
is ASM needed for this?

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Does anybody know if someone made tiles of the interior of Black/White's Pokecenter?

If so, where could I find them?

Speedster

The Unknown
Years
Does anybody know if someone made tiles of the interior of Black/White's Pokecenter?

If so, where could I find them?
Well Anbuja's_BlooDY has made B/W Indoor tiles. He hasn't released them to the public but you could ask without bothering him. Otherwise there aren't really any out there so you could try to make your own or hire someone to do it for you. Hop this helps.

OMGWURMPLES!

För Sverige i tiden
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2012
Do you have "automatically fix pointers" checked?
Yeah, I do. Should I not?
Also, if I do something (for example, change out the background of the title screen), and then close unLZ-GBA, when I reopen the rom, all of the offsets are screwed up and then the APE can't find the palettes and everything is just a mess.
Is there any way to prevent this? I tried copying each copy of the rom as I went forward in an effort to back it up, but my computer keeps restarting overnight and then the offsets are all messed up when I reopen the rom... I've had to redo this thing probably 5 or 6 times.

Speedster

The Unknown
Years
Yeah, I do. Should I not?
Also, if I do something (for example, change out the background of the title screen), and then close unLZ-GBA, when I reopen the rom, all of the offsets are screwed up and then the APE can't find the palettes and everything is just a mess.
Is there any way to prevent this? I tried copying each copy of the rom as I went forward in an effort to back it up, but my computer keeps restarting overnight and then the offsets are all messed up when I reopen the rom... I've had to redo this thing probably 5 or 6 times.

Well I can't seem to think of your problem other than the "automatically fix pointers" but I'm guessing the computer restarting doesn't help. You should try unchecking it. If that doesn't work I'm not sure what's wrong. If you could get some screenshots with something like PrintKey it would be helpful. Like a before, saving and after screen.

OMGWURMPLES!

För Sverige i tiden
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2012
Well I can't seem to think of your problem other than the "automatically fix pointers" but I'm guessing the computer restarting doesn't help. You should try unchecking it. If that doesn't work I'm not sure what's wrong. If you could get some screenshots with something like PrintKey it would be helpful. Like a before, saving and after screen.
Oh, okay. I'll try, after I redo everything... I'll probably have to get around to it this weekend.
And it's weird. If I leave my computer running and reopen the rom, everything is fine. If I open up another copy of the same stage that I made as a backup, everything is messed up. If I restart my computer, everything is messed up.

Speedster

The Unknown
Years
Oh, okay. I'll try, after I redo everything... I'll probably have to get around to it this weekend.
And it's weird. If I leave my computer running and reopen the rom, everything is fine. If I open up another copy of the same stage that I made as a backup, everything is messed up. If I restart my computer, everything is messed up.
Well that's very odd my you seem to be a smart but curios person so I'm sure you can figure it out. Good luck. Come back if that still doesn't work. :)

OMGWURMPLES!

För Sverige i tiden
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2012
Well that's very odd my you seem to be a smart but curios person so I'm sure you can figure it out. Good luck. Come back if that still doesn't work. :)
Thank you :D
It's just... odd. I've had to restart my progress over five or six times now... It's actually getting very frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back